🌕 The Return of Quaid 🌕

[In The City Of Vardaros]
"Alright, Cass, here's the last of the water. Just a few more supplies, and we are ready to roll." Eugene declares proudly, after handing Cassandra a barrel of water. "Looking good, Max!" He adds, pointing at the white horse.

"You know, Blondie, this might not be the glamorous city it used to be- Don't step there. Or there. You should really put shoes on. Honestly. But part of me is actually going to miss my old stomping grounds." Eugene tells Rapunzel.

"Huh?" Eugene asks, then realises Rapunzel isn't replying. "Hello? Rapunzel?" He asks, waving a hand in front of her. Rapunzel doesn't answer, as she continues to stare at the wrecked city of Vardaros. None of the people look happy.

A man playing a violin sits on a crate, with a hat full of coins at the side of him. People yell at each other, and slop is poured into the man's money hat. He grumbles, walking off and an elderly lady cackles at him. A thief instantly snatches her purse.

"This place is.. it's so sad." Rapunzel says. "What's so sad?" Y/n asks curiously, approaching Eugene and Rapunzel, with Bucky on her shoulder and Varian and Ruddiger walking beside her.

Varian has the chain cuffs on his wrists again, because Cassandra insisted. Also Eugene agreed on it, siting the wedding crash ordeal as a 'one-time thing' for the young alchemist. They pretty much have it in their minds that Varian will be helpful to them, when it involves Y/n's well-being. They still don't believe he cares about the rest of them. And they're unknowingly right to think so.

 And they're unknowingly right to think so

"Vardaros. It looks awful." Rapunzel replies. "Yeah, but, maybe now that we've run the Baron out of town, this old city will turn itself around." Eugene says, with an arm around her comfortingly.

A creaking sound is then heard. "Uhh, then what's that?" Varian asks, pointing up at the source of the sound. A large ship is hoisted up as a booming voice is heard. "Ladies and gentlemen of Vardaros!" A familiar voice says.

Y/n's eyes widen, at Anthony the Weasel, sneering down at the crowd of gasping people. She then feels her hand in Varian's, comfortingly.

"Or, this could happen." Eugene says. "You may have noticed that the sudden departure of our beloved Baron has left a conspicuous vacancy in this city's management. Well, good news. The position has been filled!" Weasel tells everybody, clenching his fist tightly and showing them the ring on his finger - the ring with the spider in it that almost killed Lance!

"Is that.. Weasel?" Rapunzel asks. "Weasel. The Baron's right hand man. With that sadistic egomaniac in charge, you can bet things are about to get a lot uglier around here." Eugene states, that the same time. "If that's even possible.." Varian remarks, under his breath.

"I got plans for my city. In a word: Expansion." Weasel states. The crowd gasps.

"Any neighboring field, forest, or fjord now belongs to me. And, people, growth like that requires capital. So, I've come to collect." Weasel continues, and his men snatch all of the crowd's money, tossing it all to him in bags as he grins wickedly.