My Protector [Jennifer Jareau...

greys_cm_addict13 द्वारा

Y/N has been with the BAU for two years and has always had a secret crush on JJ. Who knew that the feeling w... अधिक

Preliminaries
Bad Memories
Nursery Rhymes
Panic Attack
Sweatshirt Switch Up (smut)
My Girl
Puppy Dog Eyes
Elevator Encounter
Perfect Night (smut)
$20 Bet
First "I Love You"
The Small Things You Do
Old Office Desk (smut)
Nightmares
Seven Donuts!
Stress Relief (smut)
Cheating?
Secrets
Goodnight Beautiful (smut)
Anniversary
Girl's Night
Deja Vu (smut)
Flashbacks
Wedding Bells

Blackbird

1.4K 34 1
greys_cm_addict13 द्वारा

Y/N's POV:

I've tossed and turned all night long. Is this it for us? Are we over now? I don't know how to do anything without her. My eyes are searching for a tear, but I must have run out.

*knock knock*

"Y/N it's 7:00." Emily calls from behind the door.

I can't muster up the energy to answer her just yet.

"If you want to call in sick, I could call Hotch for you. I just need to know." I can hear the empathy in her voice and it's making me realize how pathetic I am right now.

I reluctantly get out of the bed and walk to the door. I open it to find Emily still in sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"No it's okay, I'll get ready."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm sure, I'll be ready in 30." I give her a pathetic fake smile before shutting the door back.

It's going to be a very long day.

..............

When Emily and I arrive at the office, I search the room for the familiar blonde.

She's not here yet. That's good because I don't know how I could handle seeing her. I'm hoping that if I surround myself with other members of the team, she won't bring it up. We like to be private about things. So, I sit at my desk and do some paperwork to distract myself.

It's now 9:30 and JJ still hasn't showed up. She must be avoiding me. It's probably a blessing in disguise, I would definitely break down in tears again if I saw her.

"Has anyone seen JJ?" Reid announces from his desk.

"No I haven't actually. Y/N is she sick or something?" Derek asks turning to me.

I don't want to tell them about our fight so to avoid the situation I get up and walk out. I can feel confused eyes on me as I make my way out of the bullpen.

Emily's POV:

I knew someone would eventually ask where JJ was. Of course I had noticed her absence but I assumed she was also too upset to get out of bed today.

"What's wrong with her?" Derek asks after Y/N ran out of the room.

"It's nothing, I'll go call JJ." I answer trying to redirect them.

I walk out of listening range just in case JJ wants to talk about her and Y/N. I dial up her number and place it to my ear.

Voicemail.

I dial again.

Voicemail.

One more time.

Voicemail.

I know JJ is upset but it's not like her to ignore my calls, especially if it's multiple in a row. Something is wrong.

I walk back to the rest of the team, trying to keep a straight face. I don't want them to panic until I am sure.

"So I just remembered I forgot to feed Sergio. I have to run back to my apartment really quick. Could someone check on Y/N and tell her where I went?"

"Uh... yeah I can but what about JJ?" Reid questions but I ignore him and walk to the elevators instead.

After exiting the elevators I run to my car as fast as possible.

.........

I finally arrive at JJ and Y/N's apartment. I quickly rush to their door and knock.

"JJ it's Emily. I'm worried about you." I scream through the door.

I wait a few minutes but no answer. I'm not in the mood of waiting so I draw my gun and kick open the door.

I clear every room, no sign of JJ. Everything is in place but her keys are missing. I suppose she could be out somewhere, but where. Something about this feels wrong.

I return to my car quickly and speed back to Quantico.

.........

Upon arrival I go straight to Garcia.

"Hi, gorgeous what can I do for you?" Penelope smiles as I enter her "lair."

"Can you track JJ's phone for me?" I ask sternly staring at her screen.

Penelope notices my mood and doesn't question me.

"Her, her phone is off. I've got nothing."

"Last location."

"Air and Space museum." Garcia answers.

"Gather the team quickly." I say, worry clouding my mind.

Where are you JJ?

........

Y/N's POV:

Garcia pulls us all to the round table, we must have a case. That means JJ is probably here now, I don't think I'm ready.

Nevertheless I walk to the round table and take my usual seat.

Reid, Derek, Hotch, Rossi, and Garcia follow me in.

Emily comes in shortly after, still no JJ. What's going on?

Emily stands at the front, is she presenting the case this time?

"Prentiss, what's wrong?" Hotch questions.

Emily takes a deep breath before answering. "Something is wrong.... JJ is missing."

My heart dropped to the floor, and I momentarily stop breathing. I stand from my chair, hands in fists.

"What do you mean she's missing?"

"Y/N I called her three times, went to your apartment, her phone is off. I can't find her. I'm sorry." Emily says staring straight at me.

A few minutes ago I was hoping not to see her. Now every thought I had about mine and JJ's relationship just washed away. The only thing going through my head now is finding her. Because all I want in this moment is to see her face again.

An intern enters the room and looks at Hotch. "Agent Hotchner, have you seen Agent Cruz.?"

"Is he not here?" Hotch asks in return.

Then Emily speaks up. "Hotch I think I know what this is about."

Hotch asks the intern to leave then Emily finishes her thoughts.

"JJ was never working for the State Department. She was on some kind of special assignment. I don't know what it was but I think Agent Cruz was with her. If they're both missing, it could be whatever that mission was."

"Garcia we need everything about this assignment, I don't care what you have to do to get it." Hotch commands.

"On it sir." Penelope answers, holding back her tears.

..........

After digging through files and maddening the State Department, we finally have all the details of the mission.

Turns out Cruz and JJ were on a mission together in the Middle East. She wasn't cheating on me. She really couldn't tell me the truth. I'm such an idiot.

I go to the bathroom to hide while I cry and punch walls. Unfortunately Emily had followed me and enters the room.

"Y/N." She calls while entering the room.

She walks closer to look at me.

"We will find her."

I look up at her, eyes cloudy with tears.

"It's all my fault Em." Tears are now rapidly leaving my eyes, as they have done for two days straight.

"You can't blame yourself."

"Yes I can. If I had just believed her.... She wasn't cheating on me. How could I ever think that of her? She wouldn't have been there alone if I wasn't such an idiot." I slam my hand onto the sink.

"Y/N you didn't know."

I look back at her with sad eyes. "What if we don't get there in time?"

Emily opens her arms signaling for me to go into them. I hug her tightly allowing more tears to leave my eyes, and we just stay there in silence for a few minutes.

.......

We finally leave the bathroom and head back to the round table.

Garcia and another one of our technical analysts Kevin, are at her computer as an alarm goes off.

"Blackbird, what does that mean?" Kevin asks

"I have no idea." Garcia answers.

"It's JJ." I answer from the door.

They both look up at me and I continue.

"Blackbird, it's our secret code for when the other is in trouble." I rush to Garcia's side while she types frantically.

"JJ must've logged in with a panic sequence that triggered a silent alarm. It's pretty standard protocol. Enter your security codes in backwards, and a preset alarm is activated. In this case blackbird. Oh god, JJ sent that alert 30 minutes ago. They must have looped the system. That's why I couldn't read any hard-lines."

"Emily we need to go meet Hotch." I turn to Emily.

"Where are we going?"

"We'll figure it out." I drag her out of the room.

On the way out I hear Garcia spill the location to Hotch on the phone in pig Latin.

I'm going to get this son of a bitch.

.........

We make it to the location just as the rest of the team does and jump into action.

"It's Hastings." Derek whispers.

"I don't see Askari." Reid chimes in.

"Hastings!" Derek shouts and shots are fired back and forth.

Emily and I sneak away while they fire at Hastings.

We approach the room and I finally see JJ. My heart jumps and then falls again seeing her tied up and bruised. Emily shoots Askari immediately, and I run to JJ.

"Y/N, I knew you'd get my message, I knew it." JJ says as I get her out of the chains.

"Are you okay?" I say as I bring her into my arms holding her tight.

"I'm fine. I'm so sorry Y/N/N I wanted to tell you. I would never cheat on you."

"Shhhh, it's okay. I should've trusted you." I let her go slightly so I can look into her eyes. "I love you JJ, I'll never leave again."

"I love you too."

..........

A/N: sorry this took so long! I had to go rewatch this episode to make sure I got a few things right.

This contains dialogue from Criminal Minds Season 9 Episode 14 "200.0"

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

57.4K 1.2K 37
Right after graduating high school and college early on, y/n, along with her 174 iq, takes the job offer at the BAU. She escapes her dark childhood w...
19.3K 364 14
⤷ « The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. » Emily and JJ have been working together at the BAU for years. But what if, one day, Emily c...
18.6K 432 17
You started working at the BAU over a month ago. When Emily has a bad day she takes your comfort as more than kindness. Surprised you reject her, but...
52.2K 1.2K 26
*Trigger warning: abuse mentioned throughout the story* Emily and JJ always had a thing while working in the BAU. Even though Emily has a boyfriend w...