Pandora's Box

Galing kay joonsleftthumb

The prophecy had been set since the beginning of time. The sons of God Apollo and Underworld King Hades were... Higit pa

Pandora's Box
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Part 1)
Chapter 22 (Part 2)
Chapter 22 (Part 3)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 9

90 3 0
Galing kay joonsleftthumb

Beomgyu had archery and music every day.

The combat block of the archery class met after art, both set to meet every day in his schedule. If it were up to Beomgyu, it would be the last class he'd chosen to have the most often.

But it wasn't up to him. So here he was, running laps with the rest of the class.

"Alright guys." Hongjoong clapped as the class panted back to their original meeting spots. "As you know, today is combat day. This is Instructor Jeon, I expect you all to listen to him. Or I'll eat your kids Kronos style."

The man beside him laughed, and smiled in a way that made Beomgyu want to be hugged by him. "Thank you, Instructor Hong Joong. Jungkook is fine. Let's do some drills!"

It was when Instructor Hongjoong explained that they were going to be using drills with partners that Beomgyu really wished he were Yeonjun or Hyunjin, who currently got to have Womens' Studies.

He glanced around and felt his stomach turn at the realization that he had no one. Chan and Changbin immediately paired up, and even if he had the guts to ask Taehyun it wouldn't have mattered. Kai was in the class during that block.

He was just about to consider running and leaving the campus forever out of embarrassment, when a voice behind him said: "Beomgyu. Come on. We'll pair."

Before he turned around, he wondered why there was venom in the suggestion. Then he saw Jiyong, still obviously pissed from the night before, and he knew. And was fucked.

Of course it was combat day. And of course Hongjoong and Jungkook were going to have them use actual spears. Because the gods wanted Beomgyu to have the least possible chance of surviving this school.

There was no alternative, however, as everyone else has already paired up. He mumbled a "Fine" to the boy and joined him near the lake.

Jungkook offered no further instruction other than to bend their knees. Beomgyu tied his hair back, tightened the hold on his spear, and tried to remember every single thing he'd ever learned about combat.

Which was...oh yeah. Nothing.

He sighed and looked up at Jiyong, who looked like he was already planning a step-by-step murder.

Hongjoong blew a whistle, and all the students started fighting. It was supposed to be representative, no actual slashes made. Beomgyu focused on dodging every fake move that Jiyong threw at him, and prayed to the gods that the latter wouldn't make any real violent attmepts.

He couldn't help but feel he's working way too hard for a practice drill.

He dropped to his knees to avoid a swing to the face; he stepped to the left when Jiyong's spear went right. It was like something had sparked inside of him, and his body knew exactly what to do despite his brain never catching up.

Jiyong must've noticed this, because the frown on his face tightened and he twirled the spear above his head, balancing it on his fingers. Beomgyu had a thought that he should go into baton twirling, but he actually just looked at him, bewildered. Why on earth is he showing this off right now?

While Beomgyu scrunched his eyebrows in confusion and lowered his guard, Jiyong struck down and slashed his cheek.

As in, actually slashed it. Shit. Beomgyu's hand touched his face, and upon pulling it away he noticed blood.

"Dude, what the fuck?" He muttered between gritted teeth.

It was Hongjoong who noticed first, who blew his whistle to stop and jogged over to inspect.

"I'm so sorry, sir. It was an accident!" Jiyong lied while shooting a smirk at Beomgyu.

Hongjoong simply glared at him. "Uh huh. I'll deal with you later. Throw your spear in the pile and wait by the lake. Clearly you have some frustration you're trying to take out on Beomgyu right now." he stated, holding Beomgyu's chin.

The class snickered, and Jiyong scowled and stormed off, dropping down on the grass right in front of the lake.

Hongjoong finally stepped away from Beomgyu, Jungkook stepping up to inspect the injury as well.

"Well, you won't die. But I should probably send you to the nurse, just to be safe." He glanced around, then pointed. "You. Take Beomgyu to the nurse."

When Beomgyu saw Jungkook's finger pointed at a dark haired boy with a murderous look on his face, he groaned. The last thing he needed was to deal with another person that disliked him for something he couldn't help.

But Taehyun simply walked over to them. He did, of course, take a moment to stretch his legs, and kick Jiyong as hard as he could.

Right into the lake.

The class fell silent as Jiyong jumped back up, and pushed himself back onto the grass. He was gasping for air, and glancing wildly around until his furious eyes found Taehyun. Jiyong simply stared at him for a while, as if not knowing what to do. Even Hongjoong was staring at Taehyun, wide-eyed.

Still, no one spoke. Except Hades' son, who shrugged.

"I'm sorry, sir. It was an accident."

Beomgyu tried everything in his power not to cackle with surprised delight..

While the class started to laugh and fall into impressed whispers, Taehyun grabbed Beomgyu's hand and the two sprinted away from the lake before Jiyong could catch up.

Feeling safe enough a fair distance later, Beomgyu ignored the loss of the other boy's hand while they stopped to catch their breath. He then stared at Taehyun, who was simply breathing heavily and looking back at him.

Then, they start to laugh. Wild, bewildered laughs pour out of the two boys until they'd both fallen to the ground with glee.

"Holy. Shit." Beomgyu stated between cackles. "That was awesome."

They got up, and Taehyun shrugged again. "Asshole's had it coming for a while now."

When Beomgyu simply smiled at him, he coughed and gestured up towards the nursing hill. "We should still go, probably. Just to not get in trouble."

"Oh... sure. Yeah." Beomgyu nodded and trailed behind when Taehyun started up towards the hill. "So, is Jiyong always like that? I mean, all of them. They're so..." Beomgyu tried to think of the word.

"Dickish?" Taehyun offered and Beomgyu nodded, chuckling. Taehyun sighed, and Beomgyu couldn't cover his shock when the other smiled at him. He was probably just pitying Beomgyu for the cut still bleeding on his face.

"I think they're just super cocky. It's like...all of their personalities completely depend on being a warrior's son. It makes them think they're the best, and they never like when someone shows them up."

"Yeah," Beomgyu said. Then, fondly, "They nearly pissed themselves around you though."

Taehyun frowned and said nothing, simply looking down. After a moment he asked "How come you aren't?" 

It was Beomgyu's turn to frown. "How come I aren't what?" Shaking his head at Beomgyu's dumb copying, Taehyun continued. "Like, terrified of me."

Beomgyu glanced at the boy. His big eyes, his cheeks with the smallest tint of pink. His hands shoved self-consciously into his pockets.

Truthfully, he didn't seem very scary.

He tilted his head. "Should I be?"

Taehyun stopped walking, and looked at him. Something passed in his face before he simply shrugged, a smile growing at the corners of his mouth.

"No, I guess not.", he stated, and started walking again.

Beomgyu knew it was a risk, befriending the other. But hearing about Taehyun's forced isolation from the rest of the student body made his heart sting. The other clearly felt like an outsider, seeing as he was treated like one. 

So far, that was a feeling Beomgyu knew better than anyone here.

They reached the Nurses office, and Taehyun waited outside while Beomgyu stepped into the building.

"Beomgyu?" His roommate looked surprised, but pleased. "What on earth are you doing here?"

Soobin was sitting, tending to a student. He was holding what seemed to be a barf bucket in front of them. Beomgyu suddenly didn't hate archery as much.

Soobin got up from the chair and walked over sheepishly.

"I guess I just never thought we'd see you in the nursing unit, seeing as it's of no use to you."

Beomgyu frowned. "Well, I got slashed on the cheek in class. See?" He pointed to the mark.

Soobin looked at him. "Why haven't you just fixed it?"

What was this boy talking about? "Fixed it?"

Soobin laughed. "Beomgyu. Why do you think we're roommates?"

Not getting it, Beomgyu simply tried: "Um. Because your mom told you about me?"

The other shook his head fondly. "We live in the health deity cabin Beomgyu. Your dad is literally the god of healing."

He simply let out a small "Oh."

"Touch your hand to the mark, and think about it healing. Trust me."

Beomgyu glanced at him skeptically, but did so. He felt stupid.

Soobin grabbed a mirror on the table next to them, and Beomgyu's mouth fell open. Sure enough, the mark was gone. It was like the slash was never there. He continued to stare and touch where the mark used to be.

"Woah."

Soobin smiled. "Cool, huh? If it still stings, I can help with that. But only if you want me to."

Beomgyu nodded, and Soobin touched his cheek with his fingertips. The stinging feeling that had been there just seconds before melted away, and was replaced with a warm glow. Beomgyu felt like he'd been in the sun all day.

"Oh my god."

"Soobin? Is everything okay? Heesung's still throwing up." A sweet voice followed by an even sweeter face peered around the wall.

"Sorry Nurse Park. I was helping Beomgyu realize that he doesn't need to be here."

Jimin smiled at this, and looked at Beomgyu. "Well. I'm glad he knows, although we'll surely miss him. Now please," he added desperately,"I can't take any more of those puking sounds." Jimin shivered and walked off, as Soobin nodded and waved goodbye.

Beomgyu was left alone, until he remembered the boy outside.

He was greeted with Taehyun standing just outside of the door. His hands were still in his pockets, but he was rocking back and forth. Beomgyu noticed his mouth turned into a frown, eyes squeezed shut. The boy was taking deep breaths, as if somehow pained.

He cleared his throat, and Taehyun jumped."I'm-I'm sorry. I just.. I'm done." he said, trying not to sound as weirded out as he felt.

"Oh." Taehyun nodded, before frowning. "Wait, where is it?"

Beomgyu realized he was talking about the cut, just as Taehyun walked toward him and moved Beomgyu's face with his hand to try and see the side of his cheek.

It was really hard to remember what he had asked when he was holding and looking at Beomgyu like that. It was hard to focus on anything, really. He tried not to notice the faint smell of firewood and vanilla emitting from the boy. He failed.

"You...you smell really nice..."

Taehyun looked at him, taken aback, while Beomgyu tried to mentally drown himself. His god parent started to make sense, as Taehyun was causing him actual Hell.

Attempting to shake off the embarrassment, he cleared his throat. "I... uh. Anyway the nurses there are really good. They completely healed me!"

Beomgyu threw his arms out enthusiastically, hoping it was enough to distract the boy from his earlier comment. Taehyun eyed him skeptically, but let him and the subject go while he started towards the lake. "Okay, well. Glad it's all good. Bye."

He left hurriedly, and Beomgyu was left alone. Dazed and confused.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

61.9K 4K 28
Choi Beomgyu x Kang Taehyun Cherophobia is the fear of being happy. One with this phobia might avoid any activity that would cause them to be happy...
4.4K 186 12
"Are you calling me a mistake?" Venom dripped from the older prince's words as he sprang up, left hand clutching tightly at his hip around the air wh...
153K 9.1K 71
Choi Beomgyu x Kang Taehyun They say all good boys go to Heaven, but bad boys bring Heaven to you. Aka your typical story where the intimidating, mis...
155K 11K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...