Our Kiddo

Por earthl1ng

Sixteen-year-old Evie Warner leaves everything behind to sign a professional contract for Arsenal. It's a big... Mais

You have a home here now
Got your eye on someone already?
I'm always here for you
We could never be mad at you
Baby you deserve the whole world
You're safe
You're on fire
Well that was a bit shit
You're such a child
Merry Christmas kiddo
I'm so proud of you
2005?!?
You've got this
My face is just so stunning
This is absolute madness
Fucking amazing
It's not worth it
You were scared?!
You're at home kiddo
Baby please wake up
I love every bit of you
I'm forever grateful for you
I don't think I'm strong enough to fight
Happy birthday!
What's wrong with gingers?
You are so cheeky
I'm alright for god's sake
We've got a plane to catch
Amen to that sister
Chips are yellow!
I'm really disappointed in you
We just want to help
Thanks for that one
Had your after-match smooch yet?
I don't believe in risks
I'm gonna be sick
This isn't the best area but it's home
Star girl
How banging was that?
Oh my god
We did it baby
I just want to feel like this forever

You look old

5.5K 122 7
Por earthl1ng

When Evie arrived at training she was still smiling.

"Why are you so happy?" Leah asked as soon as she spotted her.

"I'm not," Evie replied before going off to find a free exercise bike.

"Such a lie," Katie said as they all watched her walk away.

"Something's definitely happened," Jen agreed.

"Right we all try and get her to talk, agreed?" Beth said. The others all nodded and their plan was set.

They moved on to doing weight training and the whole clan gathered round Evie.

"What?" she asked when she realised they were all staring at her.

"Nothing," Jen replied suspiciously.

"Seriously what are you up to?" Evie asked, narrowing her eyes as she tried to sus them out.

"Just wanted to check in with our favourite sixteen-year-old," Beth said as she lifted up the weight and began doing reps.

Evie wasn't convinced but she just continued with the exercises.

"So what you been up on this fine day? Anything exciting?" Katie asked.

"Not really," Evie lied. She didn't want to tell them about Freya as she knew they'd never shut up about it.

"You went out though," Leah said.

"You went out? Who with?" Jen asked.

"None of your business," Evie replied, desperately thinking of a way out of the situation.

"Did you see Freya?" Leah asked. Evie just glared at her.

"Freya? Who's Freya?" Beth asked as they all began to get excited.

"You did, didn't you? Did she ask you out?" Leah said as she began to place it all together. The others began to squeal and get excited.

"Yes. Yes she did," Evie sighed, giving in and letting them know what they wanted.

"Oh my God! Kiddo's got a girlfriend," Jen said excitedly.

"So cute," Beth squealed.

"Young love is so sweet," Katie said. They all began asking questions and chatting Evie's ear off.

"Girls stop gossiping and get on with your exercises," Jonas called over to them all.

"Sorry boss," they chorused before turning back.

***

It was Thursday evening and Evie was getting ready to go over to Freya's.

"How do I look?" she asked as she entered the living room. She was wearing a pair of grey cargos and a black Nike hoodie to go with it.

"You look amazing," Leah told her. Evie relaxed a bit.

"Thank you."

"Well have fun and I'll see you later. Take your key cos I'll probably be in bed before you get back."

"Yeah cya later," Evie said before rushing out the front door.

The previous evening they'd played their second Champion's League game and were pleased to come away with the 5-1 win. Evie's knee felt better and she started the match. She'd found herself getting two assists and the media were talking more and more and about Arsenal and England's next big thing.

"Alright superstar?" Freya asked when she opened the door.

"Oh don't it's so overwhelming," Evie laughed and she wasn't even joking.

She went inside and Freya showed her through to the living room. It was nice and big and the pair sat down on the sofa.

"Mum's at work until late so it's just us," Freya said as she set up Netflix to put on the movie.

It was a very good film and the pair talked a lot as they watched. They kept having to rewind as they were missing parts of the plot.

The film was nearing the end and Evie was leaning her head on Freya's chest. The pair were content as they lay there.

"I've never felt like this with anyone before," Evie said.

"Neither have I," Freya admitted. The two of them had locked eyes and neither of them wanted to break apart.

Freya leant in and placed her lips onto Evie's. It was like an explosion had gone off inside Evie. This felt right and she loved it.

As she walked home that evening, Evie felt on top of the world. She wanted to skip and sing through the streets but in fear of being seen she walked normally, the spring in her step very noticeable.

She got back to the house and realised that she did not in fact have a key. Shit.

She knocked on the door and got no response. This time a bit louder, she knocked again. Footsteps and huffing could be heard through the door.

Leah opened it in her dressing gown.

"You look old," Evie told her as she stepped inside.

"Rude."

"You do."

"God, I do feel like when my mum used to have to let me in as a teenager. This isn't good is it. I'm 24 I shouldn't be at this stage yet," Leah groaned.

"Why don't we go out clubbing?" Evie suggested, kicking off her shoes.

"You're 16 I'm not taking you to a club."

"Such a mum thing to say."

"Shut up."

"You shut up."

***

Evie's good mood went onto the next day. She'd told Leah what had happened but made her promise not to tell the other girls. She'd never hear the end of it that way.

During training they did a running drill where the player behind had to catch the one in front of them.

Evie was rocking it.

"How do those little legs move so fast?" Steph asked as she doubled over, panting.

"It's because I don't have old and creaking limbs," Evie replied.

"The cheek of this girl!" Steph gasped as Evie giggled beside her.

They then split into groups to do a match. Jonas let them pick who they were with and they split into the older ones against the younger ones.

"Wouldn't class you as young," Evie said as Leah came and joined their group.

They were supposed to be busy warming up but they were all laughing and joking around so much, little exercise was getting done.

The oldies were doing a proper warm up much to the younger's amusement.

"Scared are ya?" Lotte called over.

"Their old limbs need more time to defrost," Frida said, making them all fall about laughing.

The game kicked off and the younger one's lack of warm up was costing them. Beth managed to score early on and the over-the-top celebration was enough to make them all laugh.

"Gonna do a hammy doing that," Evie told her.

"With the amount of times I'll be scoring I could," Beth replied, causing a whole lot of oohs from the rest of the girls.

"Fighting talk. I see how it is," Evie said, now determined more than ever to get one.

The game restarted and Evie had the ball. Beth was shutting her down and she tapped it quickly to Frida.

Sprinting into the now open space, Frida passed the ball. Evie ran onto it and with a few step overs she managed to skip passed Kim.

"So cheeky," Kim said as she tried to recover the ball. It didn't work and Evie sent the ball to Laura.

Laura tapped it to Frida who hit it first time to Evie. She was on for a goal when Evie felt a pair of hands wrap around her middle.

"Not so fast kiddo," Jen laughed.

"Referee!" Evie shouted, incredulously as she threw her hands in the air. Jonas had been watching the chaos unfold and found himself laughing at their antics.

"Jen let her go. Free kick to the little ones," Jonas said.

"See cheating gets you nowhere," Evie said as she was released.

"Alright little one," Jen laughed, ruffling her hair and walking away to set up a wall.

Frida stood up to take it and Evie went to wind up the defenders. She jumped from foot to foot as Steph tried to keep up with her. Along with the jumping she moved her arms around, driving Steph absolutely mad.

The ball was whipped in and Manu pushed it away. It landed at Evie's feet and from there it was an easy tap in.

She ran off, doing an even more over-the-top version of Beth's celebration. She had them in stitches and even if she was winding them all up you couldn't not love her.

***

They were facing Tottenham and because of the history between the teams it was set to be a big match.

The vibe in the changing room was good. They had music on and Lotte and Evie were getting into dancing the duet.

It had everyone else in fits and Jonas had to call for them three times before they all came out to warm up.

The match kicked off and something didn't feel right. Their football wasn't flowing as nicely. Even when Evie got it out on the wing she was shut down straight away.

They were beginning to give away stupid challenges but Tottenham were doing the same.

Ashleigh Neville did a particularly rough challenge on Evie and she lay on the floor, desperately trying not to cry.

Everything was kicking off around her and Katie was trying to get to Neville.

"Don't fucking touch our kiddo," she shouted as she shoved her in the chest. Evie was in pain but smiled at being called 'our kiddo'. She was happy to be a part of this team.

"Katie! Katie calm down," Kim said as she pulled her away. The chaos still carried on but Evie tried to block it out. Her knee hurt. Leah was by her side, holding her hand.

"Are you alright?" she asked, concerned for her. Evie nodded and with much wincing she got back to her feet. Leah pulled her into a hug.

"Get her back, won't you?" she whispered to the small girl. Her chin was resting on Evie's head and she could feel her nod.

It got to half time and it was still frustrating.

Jonas provided some more tactics and with new hope, the team headed back out.

It was still irritating and when Tottenham scored it became even more annoying. Ten minutes later and Viv scored to take it level but it still felt flat.

Their play was uninspiring and Tottenham managed to get another one.

Ashleigh Neville was still winding Evie up and after being sent to the floor, Evie jumped straight up.

"Fucking do that again, yeah?" she shouted angrily as she pushed her backwards.

"Evie leave it," Viv said, jumping into the debate as Kim's arm wrapped around the youngsters shoulder and pulled her away.

"What you gonna do about it?" Ashleigh Neville called after them. Evie wanted nothing more than to turn around and stick it to that bitch but Kim was holding on strong.

The referee came over and raised the yellow card in her direction.

"Oh get f-," Evie started to say but Kim's hand was over her mouth.

Now with a point to prove, Evie played harder than before. She made runs, creative passes and pressed everything. Her energy picked everyone else up and they were having good chances.

"Fucks sake," Evie groaned as she sent the ball over the bar.

It was the second minute of injury time and Ashleigh Neville had the ball. She was messing about and Evie went in with a full shoulder barge. She got the ball and sprinted off, a massive grin on her face.

Beth was free and she sent it to her before making a run into the box. Beth crossed it in and Evie headed it goal wards.

It rippled in the back of the net and Evie ran off celebrating. She ran past Ashleigh and put a finger to her lips.

"Shush," she said before running to reset. Evie wasn't usually one to wind up players but this situation called for some shit housery.

***

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

7.1K 155 7
9 year old Madison Wright has been in foster care since the age of 5.She loves football and dreams of becoming a professional one day. What happens w...
21.4K 359 24
Yn Williamson is the younger sister of Leah Williamson Leah hasn't heard for her sister in almost a year because their parents took Yn it was mainly...
76.7K 978 51
Holly Meidema Mead is Beth Mead and Vivianne Meidemas Kid. Holly is 16 years old and is a striker for England and Arsenals Youth teams. Her best frie...
14.3K 277 16
17 year old Maisie turner leaves her home in Edinburgh to join Arsenal as she tries to escape her childhood that left scars mentally and physically s...