Souls Tied || Complete

By sihle0071

[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED.] 'Who knew me celebrating my sister's wedding to rejoice and enjoy the weddi... More

Chapter 1: Bachelorette party.
Chapter 2: Another sign.
Chapter 3: Private affair.
Chapter 4: Disappeared.
Chapter 6: Mrs Mthimkhulu.
Chapter 7: Replacement.
Chapter 8: Wifely duties.
Chapter 9: Someone you loved.
Chapter 10: Blame.
Chapter 11: Death of me.
Chapter 12: Can of worms.
Chapter 13: Complicated.
Chapter 14: Never be the same.
Chapter 15: Not a word.
Chapter 16: Big girl panties.
Chapter 17: Inkinga azipheli.
Chapter 18: Bouquet of flowers.
Chapter 19: When it rains it pours.
Chapter 20: Moment of weakness.
Chapter 21: Getting hands dirty.
Chapter 22: I believe you.
Chapter 23: Waiting game.
Chapter 24: Right behind you.
Chapter 25: Shifting dynamics.
Chapter 26: Too late to turn back now.
Chapter 27: Never hear the end of it.
Chapter 28: Come back safely.
Chapter 29: Never get on your bad side.
Chapter 30: Let the past go.
Chapter 31: Mess up a good thing.
Chapter 32: Perfect murder.
Chapter 33: Thank the cockblocker.
Chapter 34: Stupid lies.
Chapter 35: Go on a date.
Chapter 36: Someone else.
Chapter 37: Go for it.
Chapter 38: Never be jealous.
Chapter 39: Healing.
Chapter 40: Explain myself.
Chapter 41: Pushed him too far.
Chapter 42: Introductions.
Chapter 43: Stay for the night.
Chapter 44: Give us a chance.
Chapter 45: Beautiful scars.
Chapter 46: Ready.
Chapter 47: Clean slate.
Chapter 48: Stay away.
Chapter 49: Curiosity killed the cat.
Chapter 50: Respect his desicion.
Chapter 51: Don't.
Chapter 52: Missing piece.
Chapter 53: Return home.
Chapter 54: Steer clear.
Chapter 55: Deserves to know.
Chapter 56: She knows.
Chapter 57: Long weekend.
Chapter 58: Happiness.
Chapter 59: Destined.
Chapter 60: Honeymoon fades.
Chapter 61: It will be okay.
Chapter 62: Dreams.
Chapter 63: Miracle.
Chapter 64: Prodigal child.
Chapter 65: Peaceful send off.
Chapter 66: Falling.
Chapter 67: Snarky remarks.
Chapter 68: Intruder.
Chapter 69: Unforgivable.
Chapter 70: Home invasion.
Chapter 71: Third times the charm.
Chapter 72: Answers.
Chapter 73: Revelations.
Chapter 74: Oh baby.
Chapter 75: Bad feeling.
Chapter 76: Inner gangster.
Chapter 77: The 'L' word.
Chapter 78: All mine.
Chapter 79: Souls Tied.
Acknowledgements...
Epilogue.

Chapter 5: Unexpected fate.

2.2K 115 7
By sihle0071

Nkosinathi's POV

"You've grown now." says Mpendulo and i chuckle. "Is it because I'm getting married?" I ask in an amused tone. "Yeah it's because you getting married. Phela now you stepping into a new world and it requires growth from a person. You can never prepare for marriage cause it's new and you don't know what to expect. So like yeah you have grown now." "Such nice words from you." He rolls his eyes.

"You see you like taking my kindness for granted and one day i will get back at you and it won't be nice." he says and i chuckle. Andiswa comes and plops herself on my lap. "Andiswa this space is reserved for one person and it's definitely not you." I say and she laughs. "I know but I'm warning up the seat for her so she doesn't find it cold." she says. "Hlika kimi wena." She gets off me and sits on Mpendulo's lap. (Get off me.)

"So what time are we leaving?" she asks. "We supposed to leave at 8 so we can get there around midnight." I answer. "How many hours drive is it?" "4 hours." "Not bad then but as long as we buy snacks then we good." "Don't worry they shall be supplied." She grins happily and walks away. "Where did you find your sister?" "I think that question is for the parents."

My uncles come in the room and sit on the couch. "Ninjani?" asks babomncane Thabo. (How are you guys?) "Siyaphila nina." answers Mpendulo. (We are good and you.) "Nathi siyaphila. Seniqcedile ukupakisha." (We are good too. Are you done packing?) "Yebo babomncane." "Just a little bit of marriage advice from us. Marriage is not easy and it shall never be easy. Things have changed and it's not like back in the day where the women had to be stay at home wives and all that but now women are working. I don't want you to force your wife to sit down and do nothing. Respect her the same way she respects you. When women get angry they have a tendency to talk a lot just let them talk and don't lose your temper no matter how angry they make you. Love her and always make sure she is your priority."

"Thank you for the advice." I say. "But then please make sure you don't starve mfana wami. You can't be suffering from starvation in your marriage." says Malume Thulani and we laugh. (my boy.) "Speaking from experience." says Mpendulo and we chuckle. "Hai wena. I'm just saying the only time you can get to starve is after the birth of your kids that's it." We laugh.

"Are you sure you want to pay lobola to her cause once everything is done there is no going back?" asks Mpendulo. "I'm positive. I really want to spend the rest of my life with her and i love her." I answer. "I'm glad you whipped cause it means no one is bringing back any cows ekhaya." I chuckle. (at home.) "Nah we won't."

"Let's go out and have a bit of drinks first before we go to pay lobola. Kind of like a bye single Nkosinathi era." says Mpendulo and i chuckle. "Okay asambe." (Lets go.)  "Make sure you don't come back drunk we don't want to be embarrassed by you guys when we get there." says babomncane Thabo.  "Don't worry its just one or two drinks then we will be back plus we already had the bachelor party so we good." "No problem."

I take the keys off the key rack and we head out. We get inside the car and Mpendulo drives us to his destination. I still can't believe that after this weekend people will consider me a married man. I'm happy yet at the same time I'm nervous cause what if things don't work out a couple of years down the line. I don't want to be part of the divorce statistics cause they really high.

"What you thinking bout?" he asks. "Nothing much." I answer. "I'm glad you met her," I probe him to continue. "I can see she makes you happy and that's all that matters. I hope things work out between you two cause you really deserve all the happiness coming your way." "Such sweet words coming from you." He rolls his eyes and we chuckle.

"I know I'm a very kind man you just too scared to admit it." he says. "I've never known you as a kind man but since things have changed I'll view you in a different light." I say. "Have you noticed anything different about her?" "Imenathi?" "Yeah." "If you talking physically then no but if you talking otherwise then yes but then I'm assuming it's wedding jitters or whatever they call it." "Mmm."

"There is more to that mmm so you better start talking now." I say. "Look don't get me wrong I like Imenathi cause it seems like she makes you happy and all that but then these past few months she's been acting very weird. I don't know how to explain it but the best way to put it is that she might be cheating but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself." "What do you mean by cheating?"

"She's been distant and everytime we visit you she's never there and you know how it was back then. You guys were inseparable but now its changed. There's just too many indications that point out that vele she is cheating on you." he answers. "Its probably the wedding jitters thats it you are overthinking," I say and he hums in agreement. "Do you know something I don't?" "I know nothing but let's hope that it will change after this weekend." "I hope so too."

I can't believe he actually accused Imenathi of cheating. How would he know cause he's hardly around unless somebody might have tipped him off but anyways it doesn't matter cause I know it's not true. Imenathi loves me and i love her and we are both committed to make this work and we promised to not step out on each other so why would it change on her side.

We arrive at the pub and go inside. We sit by the bar and the waitress takes our orders. "Okay let me not give you ideas day before your wedding. If you trust Imenathi it's fine and i don't want you to think anything about what i said. You could easily talk to her if you have doubts." says Mpendulo.

"Not that I was gonna bother but then thanks for saying that." I say and he chuckles and rolls his eyes. "So manje how is wifey?" "She is okay you know and everyday I just keep on falling for her." he answers and i smile. "I hope my marriage is like that and that's how I feel about her everyday." "Yeah as long as you sure then I'm sure izophumelele." (it will be successful.)

Our drinks come and we thank the waitress and she goes back to the kitchen. "So how many kids do you think you want?" he asks. "It depends on Imenathi cause it's her body but I don't care about the amount just as long as we are happy." I answer. "Wise words from a wise man." "I know right." We laugh.

"So why did you decide to spoil me today?" I ask. "I wanted to spoil you so i can know you making the right desicion." he answers. "Oh wow then I should start doing big things so you can interrogate me over a nice lunch." He chuckles. "Child don't get carried away. This is a once in a life time opportunity and it will never come up again." "I'm far in the sea." We laugh.

£

"Ohh I'm so excited that you getting married." says Andiswa. "Contain your excitement phela things could go wrong during these three days." I say. "You such a pessimistic person." "There is a difference between pessimistic and realistic and right now I'm being realistic thats all." She rolls her eyes. After what Mpendulo said I feel a bit uneasy about everything. I'm not second guessing I'm just nervous that's it.

"Anyways I'm glad I'm going to have another sister. Phela I need one more to complete the trio." says Andiswa. "I'm sure now that there is going to be the three of you you shall cause chaos." I say. "That is my end goal." "It would have suited you to be one of those sisters that aren't welcoming." said Mpendulo. "How could you say that about me?"

"You have the look thats like you are not good enough for my brothers only my best friend is." answers Mpendulo. "You know i never understood why my parents couldn't add another girl to this group cause you guys like ganging up on me." says Andiswa. "But at the end of the day we love you cause you are our one and only sister." says Muzi. "That's the worst part of it all." We gasp.

"Ngiyadlala guys nami ngiyanithanda." says Andiswa and we laugh. (I'm joking guys I love you too.)  Our trip to Mpumalanga is filled with laughter and joy. We pass by the garage and fill up the car and also buy snacks and booze to keep us full along the way.

We arrive after four hours and we get out of the car and start ululating. The truck that has the cows also arrives and the chief negotiator goes closer to the gate and starts talking to her family and he offers them alcohol and a bit of money. After a while of talking they open the gate and the ululating continues.

The family wraps us in blankets and one of my cousins is carrying the bedding and pillows I'll be sleeping in during the course of my visit. As I'm walking I see Imenathi pass by and i wave at her and she does the same and she smiles. I can't wait till she officially becomes my wife.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
I wake up and do my morning routine and wear my traditional Zulu attire. I had a nice sleep and the bed was really comfortable. This house is really huge and it looks like she has a really big family. I haven't met all her family members just the immediate ones like her siblings and parents.

My dad enters my room and sits next to me. "Uright ndodana." he asks. (Are you okay son?) "Ngiyaphila wena baba." I answer. (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila. Uleli kanjani?" (I'm good too. How did you sleep?) "Ngileli kahle wena." (I slept well and you.) "Siyazifanela. Uready ukushada?" (We are the same. Are you ready to get married.) "Ngiready baba. Ngifuna ukumyenza umfazi wami." (I'm ready. I want to make her my wife.)

"I hope abobabomcane bakho bakuphile iadvice."  he says. (gave you advice.) "Yeah bangiphile." (They did.)  "Hopefully it's useful mara mtanami do you and make sure you happy and if you not you can leave I won't blame you." "Thanks baba. Ngiyabonga ukungikhulisa kahle ngizohlezi ngikthanda." (Thank you for raising me well I will always love you.)  "Nami ngiyakthanda ndodana yami, my last born boy." I chuckle. (I love you too my boy.)

"Anyways let me get going and i shall see you when we eating." he says. "Okay baba ngiyabonga." "Kubonga mina mfana wami." He stands up and leaves. It's been a while since I've said I love you to my dad and it's my first time thanking him for raising me into the man I am today. I'm really grateful to have him in my life.

£

My phone rings and that interrupts me from my peaceful nap.

"Babomncane yonke into ihamba kahle." I ask. (Is everything going well?) "Sinenkinga ndodana.." (We have a problem son.) "Bafuna inkomo edlula lezi esizenazo?" (They want more cows?) "Cha lenkinga inkulu ukudlula leyo." (No it's a bigger problem.) "Khuluma phela." (Talk.) "Ngizothumela umuntu kuthi azokulanda ngizoktshela." (I'll send a person to fetch you.) "Okay." I drop the phone and sigh.

That call just made me feel uneasy cause the tone of my uncle's voice was very serious and he hardly knows how to be serious. What if Mpendulo was right. Nah I doubt he was. I hope it's nothing too bad and it's solvable. I get a knock on the door and i tell the person to come in.

My cousin comes in and we walk out and go to the main house. "Is everything okay?" I ask. "I honestly don't know but from what i heard its really bad." she answers. "You guys are making me nervous." "Don't be everything is going to be okay." I hope that she is right.

We get inside the house and we go into the living room. I greet everybody inside and they greet me back. My dad and uncle stand up and we go to the kitchen. "Yonkinto iright na?" I ask. (Is everything okay?) "Imenathi ubalekile." answers dad. (Imenathi ran away.) "What." "Yeah she disappeared."

"Sizoyenzani manje." I say. (What will we do now?) "We going to go the traditional way now." says babomncane and i know it's not something good. "What do you mean by that?" "You have to marry her sister." "Which one?" "Iyana." "Oh hell no you did not just say that." Never in a million years did I think that me coming here would lead to such an unexpected fate...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 5.2K 77
What happens when a spicy arrangement with the gangster starts to get a little too spicy for Lerato to handle? Will she want out or will she be a rid...
48.2K 3.6K 78
Abandoned at a young age Zethu is left to fend for herself and her brother. Her ultimate goal is to trap a rich man and provide a good life for her l...
19.5K 1.8K 46
-MIHLALIKAZI LANGA I am Mihlalikazi Siphiwokuhle Langa, the daughter of Sinokuhle Mbana and Lunga Langa, mom changed her surname back after she and m...
32.2K 2K 21
Siphosethu "She will leave today with you! and we will make sure they get married tomorrow" Me"But I am only 18" My Mother hugged me, she said all sh...