The Amber Widow

由 wandanatmarvelfan

Zola has known nothing other than the red room her entire life training to be the next greatest assassin afte... 更多

Introduction
Part 1
Part 2
Author's Note
Part 3
Part 4
Authors Note
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
NOT AN UPDATE

Part 21

51 2 0
由 wandanatmarvelfan

Important - So I'm probably really stupid at this point but at the start of the book Zola was 16 years old, so that means MJ, Ned, Alondra and Peter are also 16. Then 3 years later they are all 19 years old. I get that you don't graduate high school then but let's just do this way. Sorry for any confusion.

Third Person:

Drax moves quietly as he shifts to a commanding position beside Mantis and says "Yeah, that's right". Tony stands for a moment with an expression of hopelessness until thinking and saying "alright, just get over her, please. Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" Quill responds, "Mr. Lord." Star-Lord is fine", while he motions to Drax and Mantis. Tony answered back, "We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude.." Annoyed, Quill says "Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plans, and that way it might be really good". Drax then says "Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." Mind-blank, Tony replies by saying "What dance-off?" Not bothered to explain, Qull says "It's nothing." Peter Parker finally getting something he says "like in Footloose, the movie?"

Excited, Peter Quill says "exactly like Footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?" Disliking it, Peter Parker answers back, "It never was." Quill frowns sadly at him. Fed up, Tony says "Don't encourage this, alright?" Peter Parker says "okay". Tony then replies with "We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here." Quill points at Stark and younger Peter while saying "Flash Gordon? By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half human. So that 50% of me that's stupid... That's 100% you." Tony replies with "Your math is blowing my mind.". Interrupting the gossip girls here Mantis says "Excuse me, but...Does your friend often do that?".

Strange is sitting cross-legged, his hands poise in a mystic gesture with the Time Stone suspended between them. His eyes are closed, and his head is jerking rapidly from side to side.

Acting upon the query Tony asks Strange, if he's alright? Strange seems to snap out of it as he starts forward, letting out a cry. Comforting him, Tony says "You're back. You're alright. Hi." Young Peter asks "Hey, what was that?" Speaking breathlessly, Strange explains how he went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict. Quill, asks how many did he see?. Strange answers with "14,000,605". Tony, asking how many did they win? Strange pauses a while before answering, "one".

On Vormir, Thanos and Gamora have just appeared outside a mountain. Thanos threatens Nebula's life as he says "The stone had better be up there...For your sister's sake". Now, inside the mountain where Thanos and Gamora stand before a cloaked, faceless figure there to guard the way. It says "Welcome, Thanos, son of Eros. Gamora, daughter of Thanos''. Confused Thanos says "You know us?" The stonekeeper, "It is my curse to know all who journey here". Thanos asks "Where's the Soul Stone?" Wanting to take his chance he also asks "where's the Chaos Stone''. The stonekeeper says "the chaos stone is gone, now in the hands of a girl now heading to Wakanda. The soul stone however, You should know...It extracts a terrible price." Annoyed about the chaos stone, but wanting the soul stone Thanos replies with "I am prepared".

The stonekeeper says "We all think that at first". The figure glides farther out of the shadows and reveals the face of who we know to be Red Skull, he says "We are all wrong". The Red Skull is now leading Thanos and Gamora to an outside pinnacle. Thanos asks "How is it you know this place so well? The Red Skull says "A lifetime ago, I, too, sought the stones. I even held one in my hand. But it cast me out, banished me here. Guiding others to a treasure I cannot possess." They all come to the edge of 2 mountaintops, and stop at the 1st precipice.

The red skull says "What you seek lies before you. As does what you fear". Thanos asks "What's this?" The Red Skull answers with "The price. Soul and Chaos both hold a special place among the Infinity Stones. You might say it has a certain wisdom. Except the chaos stone is gone". Thanos says "Tell me what it needs". The Red Skull replies with "to ensure that whoever possesses it... Understands its power... The stone demands a sacrifice". Thanos says "Of what?" The Red Skull says "In order to take the stone you must lose that which you love. A soul...For a soul".

Gamora begins to laugh at the irony of the situation. She then says "all my life, I dreamed of a day...A moment when you would get what you deserved. And I was always so disappointed. But now...You kill and torture...And you call it mercy. The universe has judged you. You asked it for a prize, and it told you no. You failed. And do you wanna know why? Because you love nothing. No one". Thanos turns to face Gamora with tears in his eyes, and says "No". Shocked Gamora says, "really? Tears?" The Red Skull says "They're not for him".

"Realising what's about to happen, Gamora looks at Red Skull. She says "No. This isn't love". Thanos says "I ignored my destiny once. I cannot do that again. Even for you. I'm sorry, little one". Thanos grabs Gamora by the arm and takes her to the precipice, with tears in both of their eyes, Gamora continuously shouts "no!"

She tries in vain to break from his grasp but he soon throws her over the side, and watches sorrowfully as she falls to her death. The weather changes and then Thanos lies in water. He opens his hand and sees that he now has the Soul Stone.

In the Quinjet, Sam is piloting Rhodey, Steve, Natasha, Zola, Wanda, and Vision. He says "drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0. I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to". The Quinjet passes through a force field into Wakanda.

Okoye is seen walking with T'Challa and a band of the King's Guard as she says "when you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world...This is not what I imagined." T'Challa asks "and what did you imagine?" She says "the Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks". The occupants of the Quinjet descend the ramp. Directed to Rhodey Bruce Banner asks "should we bow?" Rhodes says "yeah, he's a king." Steve says "seems like I'm always thanking you for something", as he shakes hands with T'Challa.

Bruce bows in front of him, as Zola laughs, Natasha scolds her lightly. Rhodes asks "What are you doing?" T'Challa says "Uh, we don't do that here". He dissuades with a motion of his hand. He says "So how big of an assault can we expect?"

The group begins to walk back the way it came to greet the guests. Bruce Banner says "Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault". Zola responds "Thanos has probably got an army as well, you'll need a lot of help". Steve asks "how are we looking?"

T'Challa says "you will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." Bucky walks forward toward Steve and says "a semi-stable, 100-year-old man". The two friends share a hug. Steve asks "how you been, Buck?" Bucky says "uh, not bad, for the end of the world:.

Now inside Shuri's lab, Vision lays on a table, while Bruce and Shuri stand over him, and the others watch. Shuri scans the stone, and studies the hologram.

Shuri says "whoa. The structure is polymorphic:. Bruce says "right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially". Shuri asks "why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" Bruce stares at the wall for a moment and says "because, we didn't think of it". Shuri smiles and says "I'm sure you did your best". Wanda asks, "Can you do it?" Zola asks Shuri if they could destroy the chaos stone too, she tells them that they can try.

Shuri answers Wanda's questions and says "yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures". To T'Challas she says "It will take time, brother. Steve asks "how long?" Shuri says "as long as you can give me". Okoye looks at her KImoyo beads, "something's entered the atmosphere".

Outside, Sam and Bucky stand, looking up at the sky. Sam says over the comm "hey, Cap, we got a situation here".

The defense shield around Wakanda destroys one of the vessels entering the atmosphere. Amazed, Bucky says "God, I love this place". Sam says "yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome".

Appearing beside the window with the others, Vision says "it's too late. We need to destroy the stone now". Natasha turns toward Vision and says "Vision, get your *rear* back on the table". T'Challa says "we will hold them off". Steve says "Wanda, Zola as soon as the stone's out of his head...you girls blow it to hell." Wanda says "I will". Natasha says "Zola, you try to destroy that stone, if you can't please keep it safe". Zola says "mum, I will". T'Challa says "evacuate the city. Engage all defense procedures". He pauses for a moment as he points to Steve and says "get this man a shield".

In Nivadellir where Rocket is in the pod, and Thor jumps from the roof onto the rings with a rope in his hand attached to the pod. Rocket says "I don't think you get the science here. These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving...You're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose.

Thor says "leave that to me"". Confused Rocket says "leave that to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a-". Thor then interrupts him and begins to swing the pod around. He lets the pod drag him, until he stops himself by digging his feet into the ring, still holding the pod. The rings begin to move. Thor then says "more power, rabbit!" Finally the star bursts into life, the rings align, and a jet of light streams through the forge. Eitri says "well done, boy". Thor, hanging on, looks through the pod window at Rocket, and points to the star, as he says "that's Nivadellir". Suddenly, the iris closes and the beam of light recedes back into the star. Eitri says "*Dang* it". Rocket asks "*Dang* it."? What's "*dang* it?" Eitri says "the mechanism is crippled". Thor says "what?" Eitri says "with the iris closed I can't heat the metal". Thor aks "how long will it take to heat?" Eitri responds with "a few minutes, maybe more. Why?" Thor says "I'm gonna hold it open". Eitri says "that's suicide". Thor responds with "so is facing Thanos without that axe".

In the Wakandan battlefield. Their carriers hover over the ground with Wakandan soldiers and Natasha, Steve and Bucky on board, and Bruce is in the Hulkbuster.

Natasha asks "how we looking, Bruce?" While walking, Bruce says "yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it. Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually. Midway speaking, he stumbles on a rock, and a carrier goes by, from which Okoye gives him a dubious look. He stands and says "I'm okay. I'm okay".

Meanwhile Zola and Wanda try to destroy the stone, but they fail. There's not even a dent, realising that since the stone was created from chaos magic and they are using it to destroy the stone. The girls realise that they can't destroy it, so the two both stay and wait for Shuri to finish removing the Mind Stone from Vision.

Sam says "we got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line". M'Baku of the Jubari rallies his soldiers with a war cry. He stops as T'Challa nears him. T'Challa says "thank you for standing with us". M'Baku replies with "of course, brother". T'Challa, Steve, and Natasha walk to the edge of the barrier, where Proxima Midnight and Obsidian Cole stand. Natasha asks "where's your other friend?" Proxima answers with "you will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have both of those stones". Steve says "that's not gonna happen". T'Challa says "you are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood". Proxima says "we...Have blood to spare". She raises her right arm with a cry, and several large ships emerge from the forest behind her. T'Challa, Steve, Natasha return to the front line.

Bucky asks "did they surrender?" Steve replies with "not exactly". T'Challa leads the Wakandans in the war cry "Yibambe!" telling them to hold fast as the Outriders bound toward the barrier. Bucky says "what the hell?" Natasha says "looks like we pissed her off". T'Challa commands the soldiers to engage their shields.

Okoye, watching as the Outriders bombard the dome with only a few getting through says "they're killing themselves". Sam, sending Redwing into the fight as he flies, says "you saw the teeth on those things?"

Rhodes says "alright, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed". He flies over a section that has been breached and drops a barrage of mines. Sam says "cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us...There's nothing between them and Vision". Steve says "then we better keep 'em in front of us". Okoye asks T'Challa, "how do we do that?" T'Challa replies with "we open the barrier". Putting his hand to his ear he continues "on my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen'. The Wakandan Officer asks "requesting confirmation, My King. You said open the barrier?" T'Challa says "on my signal". M'Baku tells Okoye, "this will be the end of Wakanda".

Okoye says "then it will be the noblest ending in history". The section of the barrier is opened.

T'Challa says "wakanda Forever!" He crosses his hands over his chest as his Black Panther helmet covers his face, leading the army as they run toward the barrier. T'Challa and Steve are at the front of the advancing army. T'Challa says "now!" The section in the barrier disappears and the Outriders charge at them. T'Challa asks his sister over the comm "how much longer, Shuri?" Shuri replies "we've barely begun, brother". T'Challa says "you might want to pick up the pace".

Thor is on the rings of Nivadellir. Thor says "allfathers, give me strength". Worried, Eitri asks "you understand, boy? You're about to take the full force of a star. It'll kill you". Thor replies with "only if I die". Eitri answers back with "yes. That's what killing you means".

Thor grasps the handholds and pulls, slowly opening the iris. The stream of light returns and awakens the forge once more.

Eitri says "hold it! Hold it, Thor!" Eitri watches the metal melt, and tips the cauldron, pouring it into the mold. Thor passes out, and the jet carries him to the forge. Rocket follows him, in the pod, and Groot looks up from his game when Thor lands near him.

Rocket kneels over to Thor and says "Thor! Say something. Come on. Thor, you okay? dwarf, I think he's dying". Eitri responds with "he needs the axe! Where's the handle? Tree, help me find the handle!" Groot looks sadly at Thor, stands and grows a longer arm, weaving it around the axe and hammer, joining them,and then cutting his arm off at the usual length. Thor's hand opens slightly, and the hammer rises from the ground; lightening flickering from it.

In Wakanda, the Avengers and Wakandans are struggling against the Outriders. Suddenly, a large beam of light lands nearby, and the Avengers and Wakandans stop to look up as the axe flies through the air, electrocuting the Outriders. Thor appears with his new axe Stormbreaker, alongside Rocket and Groot.

Bruce, laughing with joy, says "Hah! Hah! Hah! You guys are so screwed now!" Thor shouts "BRING ME THANOS!!!" He charges toward the hoards of Outriders, followed by Groot and Rocket.

Thor, upon seeing Steve he stops and asks "new haircut? I notice you've copied my beard. Oh, by the way, this is a friend of mine. A tree". Groot says "I am Groot". Confused, Steve Rogers replies with "I am Steve Rogers".

At Titan, Thanos appears in front of Doctor Strange, who appears to be the only one there. Strange says "oh, you're much more of a Thanos". Thanos say "I take it the Maw is dead. This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission". Strange says "you may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts".

Thanos says "and where do you think he brought you?" Star-Lord is nearby behind wreckage with his weapon ready, and Spiderman is above the structure where Strange sits. Strange says "let me guess. Your home?" Thanos smiles reminiscently and speaks "It was. And it was beautiful". Thanos uses the Reality Stone to show Strange Titan before it was destroyed. He says "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution".

Strange says "genocide". Thanos says "but at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass". The illusion fades into the true state of Titan. Strange replies with "congratulations. You're a prophet". Thanos complains and says "I'm a survivor". Strange says "who wants to murder trillions". Thanos says "with all seven stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that...Mercy". Strange says "and then what?"

Thanos says "I finally rest...And watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills". Strange says "I think you'll find our will", he pauses and does his hand motions as he continues "equal to yours". Thanos asks "ours?" He looks up in time to see a chunk of wreckage coming down on him, and tries to use the Power to stop, but is too late.

Iron Man flying in says "piece of cake, Quill". Quill, flying in from the other side says "yeah, if your goal was to *tick* him off". The wreckage on top of Thanos erupts, the pieces glowing with purple. He shouts as he uses the Power Stone to force the pieces at Iron Man. Spiderman webs his eyes, and swings in and kicks him in the face. Then Strange summons a blade, but Thanos stops it with his hand, and tears the web from his eyes. He advances on Strange, and kicks him just as Strange summons a shield, absorbing the force of his blow, but knocking him back. Star-Lord shoots Thanos from behind, and Thanos uses the Power Stone to shoot balls of energy at Star-Lord while he advances by the steps Strange formed in the air, and places an electric mine on his back. He turns to Quill, as he disengages his helmet, dives backward into a portal, flipping him off..

Star-Lord says "boom!" Thanos tries to use the Space Stone to pull Quill back, as Strange says to the Cloak of Levitation "do not let him close his fist". The Cloak closes around Thanos' fist, and the mine on his back goes off. Spiderman appears on his right from a portal.

Spider-Man says "magic". He kicks him in the head and says "more magic". He then leaps into another portal. As Thanos tries to recover, he appears through another portal behind him. Spider-Man says "magic with a kick!" He kicks him again in the head with his right leg. Finally, he appears on his right. Spider-Man says "magic with a-". (Before he can finish Thanos turns, grabbing him from the air, and throwing him to the ground, with his hand around his neck..

Thanos says "insect!". He then throws him, about to use the gauntlet, but is interrupted by an explosion caused by Iron Man shooting a missile at him. As the flames blind Thanos, Spiderman attaches a web to him, and strains against it. Thanos pulls Spiderman toward him, but looks up as a ship crashes beside him, and Nebula jumps in front of him.

Thanos says "well, well". Nebula replies with "you should have killed me". Thanos answers with "It would've been a waste of parts!"

Nebula runs at Thanos, attacking him with her sword and asks "where's Gamora?!"

Strange uses the Space Stone to cast her aside, flailing. Strange forms energy ropes that grapple onto the gauntlet. Thanos tries to pull it free, as Star-Lord shoots an electromagnet onto the ground beside him, holding down his other hand. Spiderman swings in, and makes a string of webs, holding him back, enabling his spider legs to anchor himself, as Strange opens a portal above Thanos out of which drops Mantis, who lands on his shoulders, her hands on his temples. He screams as she tries to put him under.

Iron Man says "Is he under? Don't let up", while pulling on the gauntlet. Mantis, starting to cry tell them "be quick.... He is very strong!"

Iron Man tells Peter "Parker, help! Get over here". Peter Parker withdraws his web, and hurries to help Tony with the gauntlet. Tony says "she can't hold him much longer. Let's go. We gotta open his fingers to get it off!"

Star-Lord, lands, then joins with the others, he says "I thought you'd be harder to catch. For the record, this was my plan. Not so strong now, huh? Where's Gamora?"

Thanos says "... My... Gamora...?" Star-Lord tells him "Oh, bull-shit. Where is she?" Mantis is shocked and says "he is in anguish!" Star-Lord says "good".

Mantis, while crying manages to say "he... he... he mourns!" Drax asks "what does this monster have to mourn?!" Nebula suddenly understands what horror Thanos has done with Gamora. She says "Gamora ''. Confused, Peter Quill asks "... What?" Nebula explains, "he took her to Vormir. He came back with the Soul Stone...but she didn't".

Iron Man says "okay, Quill, you gotta cool it right now, understand?" Quill slowly turns to Thanos. (Don't do it you bitch...)

Iron Man says "don't, don't, don't engage, we've almost got this off!" Enraged, Star-Lord screams "tell me she's lying. ASSHOLE!!! Tell me you didn't do it!!!" Thanos says "I... had... to". While starting to tear up quietly, Peter Quill says "no, you didn't... No, you didn't..." He continues to rage and then proceeds to pistol-whipping Thanos in the face as he shouts "NO, YOU DIDN'T!!!" (Idiot, and now you've ruined it for everyone.)

Drax says "Quill!" Star-Lord uses his gun to pound Thanos in the face twice. Iron Man goes to hold him back, as Peter Parker is left to pull off the gauntlet. Tony Stark speaks to the struggling Quill "hey, stop! Hey, stop! Stop! Hey, stop! Stop!" Spider-Man says "It's coming! It's coming! I got it! I got it...!!"

But Thanos wakes, butting Mantis from his shoulders, and grabbing the cuff of the gauntlet just as it is sliding off his hand, causing Parker to stumble back, and Mantis to go flying. Seeing Mantis flying, Peter says "oh, God!" He jumps and hugs her, extending his spider legs which give them a safe landing.

Strange summons a weapon, and Thanos uses the Space Stone to throw him away. Then, Iron Man shoots at him, but Thanos bats him down, and uses the Space Stone to pull down the surface of a moon. Stark tries to fly away, but a large chunk pins him down.

Dr Strange then multiplies himself, somehow Thanos ends up asking for the time stone, Strange gives a fake.

So then, Tony Stark gets a blade and tries to stab Thanos with it but Thanos ends up pushing it into Tony instead. He asks for the time stone and says "no tricks", Strange reluctantly gives it, Tony asks "why". Stephen Strange says "we're in the endgame now".

Then, everyone starts fighting the creatures. Two spinning wheel things start rolling when they're about to hit Natasha, Okoye and the others, Wanda enters and moves them towards the other creatures. Another two enter and Zola flies in, pushing them aside. Okoye asks "why were they inside?" They all start fighting again when Proxima targets Wanda and pushes her to the ground and says "you're all alone, now, where are your friends to help you gone?" Natasha walks in and says "she's not alone", Okoye and Zola come in too and say "yes". The spinning wheel comes again, Proxima is crushed by it and her blue blood comes onto Natasha as she says "ew".

Thanos arrives and he turns everyone into blocks and strings using the reality stone. Then he pushes Zola back using the power stone and grabs the chaos stone from her necklace, he places it in his gauntlet, one more to go. Vision tells Wanda to destroy the mind stone, she eventually gives in. Thanos goes near her so she uses one hand to destroy the mind stone and the other to stop Thanos from coming closer to her. Wanda manages to destroy it, but then Thanos uses the time stone to reverse time when the stone is not destroyed. He then pushes Wanda back and takes the mind stone from Vision. Vision then fades away into a grey colour.

Thanos places the time stone in his gauntlet, then just as he tries to snap his fingers, Thor hurls Stormbreaker pushing it into his chest. THor says "I told you. You'd die for that". Thor forces Stormbreaker deeper into his chest, staring angrily into his eyes. Thanos cries out in pain as he says to Thor "You should've... You should've gone for the dead". Thanos raises his gauntlet and snaps his fingers as Thor screams "No!"

Thanos is now briefly inside the Soul Stone, where he sees a young Gamora on the homeworld of the Zen-Whoberi, Gamora's birthplace. He says "daughter"? She asks "did you do it"? He says "yes", she asks "what did it cost". Thanos replies with "everything".

I hope you're and you're drinking water and eating something!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

10.3K 273 39
THIS BOOK IS PART OF A SERIES. THIS IS THE THIRD BOOK IN ZOLA's STORY. Make sure to read "In Their Hands", followed by "Control" before reading this...
3.7K 89 46
Alex's life was confined to the walls of the Red Room, where she was trained to become a lethal Black Widow. But everything changes when she crosses...
131K 4.9K 29
arcane (adj.) secret, mysterious, understood by only a few Magdalena Sokolov only knows two things for certain at any given time: 1. the only person...
9.4K 193 31
Natasha romanoff x daughter In which Anya allianovna romanova, the red rooms deadliest assassin is sent on a mission to kill a former assassin, a tra...