Part 16

Start writing your story

Dreykov: My God. Look at you. So, uh, how was the family reunion? Oh, it was awful.

Natasha: They were clingy, and too emotional, and needy.

Dreykov: Just like old times, huh?

Natasha: Hmm.

Dreykov: Yelena Belova. What's the deal with her? She was the only one affected, right?

Natasha: As far as I know, yes.

*Zola turns to leave.*

Dreykov: These gasses and antidotes, it's a pain in my ass. It's a problem. You need to sort it. You widow, stay here for now.

Natasha: Hmm. I have nine pigs that will require attending to in my absence.

Dreykov: Don't give a shit about your pigs. Cut her brain out... Hmm? Identify the weakness. Do the same with her daughter.

*The area changes to Yelena who has tape indicating where to cut out from her brain. Alondra has tape too.*

Yelena: This is a much less cool way to die.

*Alexei tries to get out of the box that they are in by kicking the walls.*

Melina: Alexei.

Natasha: What about Romanoff?

Dreykov: She's a traitor. She turned her back on her people. On her blood. She had nothing. I gave her a home. I gave her love. Put that thing in her you do. You know, uh, chemicals. Turn her into one of your pigs. Can you imagine what I could do with an Avenger under my control? Same with her daughter.

Natasha: Wouldn't you like to speak to her first?

Dreykov: When you look into the eyes of a child you have raised, no mask in the world can hide that.

Zola: What do you mean?

Dreykov: Welcome home. Now, now. Don't break my new toy.

*Natasha and Zola both take off their wigs and masks.*

*Alexei tries speaking to Melina disguised as Natasha.*

Alexei: Natasha. I can't save us. I need you to know that I'm sorry.

Alexei: I pledged my life to a cause. You know, I thought I was being very brave. Possibly the bravest. But I wasn't being brave. I was a coward. In Cuba, when they came and took you away from me... No cause is worth that. You should only sacrifice yourself for something...

*The box doors open.*

Alexei: How did you do that?

Melina: I designed these cells myself.

Alexei: What? What? I bared my soul to you and it was just you the whole time?

Melina: Yes, I'm afraid so. But wait, shh, I'm on comms with Yelena. Yelena, it's me. It's Mama. You have a two-inch blade concealed in your beltline.

Yelena: What? What are you going to do to me?

Melina: Outside right hip. Tell the same to Alondra.

*Yelena and Alondra get the blade out and punch the guards and scientist.*

Alondra: Seriously...

Yelena: You couldn't have told me sooner?

Melina: Don't throw a fit. There wasn't time.

Alexei: Okay, girls, I'm having trouble hearing you, but, Natasha, there's something I need you to know. I need you to know that I'm sorry. No more excuses, okay? I gave my life for a cause. I thought I was being brave.