You Don't Have To Rush Yourse...

By SomeTypicalMilk

Y/N's father used to be a famous musician traveling the world. That was before he decided to retire due to th... More

Welcome To The Stage, Hitori Gotoh... Too Long. How About Bocchi Instead?
Our Next Step? Let's Get To Know Each Other. At Least A Little Bit.
First Day On The Job? Don't Worry! Follow My Guide And You'll Be Safe.
An Average Day At School? Not So Bad.
The Runaway Guitarist.
Well Then, How Should We Celebrate?
Let's Learn More About Each Other And Get Closer As A Band! Again!
Bocchi The Brave!

Please Take A Seat Wherever You'd Like. The Show Will Begin Soon.

4.5K 145 173
By SomeTypicalMilk

A/N: Welcome! This is the beginning of a brand new story.

Here's a little guide to my story.

----------

Y/n = Your name.

A/n = Authors Notes.

"B-Bocchi-chan imploded!" = Character is talking out loud.

*Disappears in the wind* = Character actions.

'Day 10: We managed to collect all of Bocchi's shards today.' = Texting/Writing.

"Niji-chan, are you alright?"  = Whispering.

Y/n: Hm? Isn't this normal? = If there isn't " or ' that means they're thinking to themselves.

Plain text is narration.

----------

Year: 1988.

D/n: "Thank you! Domo arigato!"

He raises his mic far above his head. The crowd in front of him cheers loudly. The audience enjoyed every second of their live show.

D/n: Another successful performance.

He disconnects his guitar from the output jack and turns away from the audience. He sighs while walking backstage.

Manager: "You did damn good out there."

D/n: "Think so?"

Manager: "Are you out of your mind? You're barely sixteen and you're playing like that. The ticket makers are in love with you."

They start walking to D/n's room.

Manager: "This is nice and all. But this is kind of small, don't you think?"

D/n: *While taking his guitar off* "Small?"

Manager: "Think about it. Sure Kyoto stadium is nice and all, but you can get much higher."

D/n: "That's a dream."

Manager: "Listen, I got a few guys overseas. They are devouring your sound. You have to strike while the iron is hot. After that performance? I'd rather jump off my penthouse suite than miss out on the opportunity to manage developing talent of your type."

D/n: "Heh. You think so?"

Manager: "First thing tomorrow morning I'm getting in contact with them. I'll try and get you a radio deal."

D/n: "Far out."

Manager: "No one says that anymore."

D/n: *He looks away* "Damn. We really aging expressions, huh?"

Manager: "You have to stay with the times. No one wants to hear they're grandaddies' sayings. Try something else."

D/n: "That's heat."

Manager: "That's alright. If you're a hoodlum playing school rock." 

D/n: "That's rolling?"

Manager: "Rolling." *He nods* "Yeah, I dig it. Like how we're rolling down the path to easy street."

D/n: "Hey, hey. Write that down."

Manager: "Inspired already?"

D/n: "When you get that spark, you have to act on it."

Manager: "If you're confident about it, we can make it the first song that'll play."

D/n: "On the radio?"

Manager: "TVs, boomboxes, hell, we'll put it on cassettes."

He puts a hand on D/n's shoulder.

Manager: "It's go big or go home time. Either go for a home run or strikeout. If this works, then we'll both be some of the biggest names in music history."

D/n: "I'll do my best."

Manager: "You better. I didn't scout you for your pretty fingers."

Year: 1994.

D/n: *In English* "Thank you, everyone! Have a good night!"

He strums one last time and fireworks shot up behind him.

D/n: *He turns around* "Be good for me, and leave in an orderly fashion."

With that, he leaves to go backstage.

Manager: *While handing him a towel* "Hey champ, how are you holding up?"

D/n: *He wipes the sweat off his forehead* "I feel like shit."

Manager: "I hear that." *He nods* "I hear that."

He hands him a roll of cash.

Manager: "Some encouragement."

D/n: *He puts the money in his pocket* "Alright, alright."

Manager: "You could always hit a line."

D/n: "I refuse." I'm not screwing with my natural performance.

Manager: "Just letting you know."

They sit down in the lounge.

D/n: "What's after this?"

Manager: "You're supposed to make an appearance at a music festival. That isn't until next week. You got some time to kill."

D/n: "How's the new album selling?"

Manager: "Your latest album sold better than Snoop's."

D/n: "Really?!"

Manager: "They could feel the heart. Everyone in that studio knew it was something special." *He lightly jabs D/n* "Have some faith. You're doing better than you think."

D/n: "But could we be doing better?"

Manager: "There's always more to be done."

D/n: "Then, let's try for two albums this year."

Manager: "Whoa now. Let's burn too bright. You might extinguish yourself." *He shifts in his seat* "Think about everyone else. You aren't the only one in the hot seat. Mixers, promoters, studios, and me. You're the one writing, but we have to edit."

D/n: "I want to do all I can. I need to top the charts."

Manager: "Damn, you're already top ten." *He nods* "But I know you're only satisfied being at the very top."

He stands up and pours himself a drink.

Manager: "I'll see what I can do. You just work on making the music. Maybe something smooth and funky."

He downs his glass.

Manager: "You know I always take care of you."

D/n: "Yeah, of course."

His manager takes out his phone and leaves.

Year: 1999.

Shredding his last notes, he finishes the song by throwing the guitar into the crowd.

D/n: It's finished. "Thank you all for your support over all these years, but I'm done. It's been a hell of a ride. But I'm going to gracefully bow out. I spent most of my youth playing that thing. But I want to go out there and live. I hope you enjoyed looking at this face, but I'm done touring."

His last concert was in the summer of 1999. His last album was released in 2001. After fully retiring, he moved to Tokyo. There he dated a woman for four years before getting engaged. They got married exactly two years later. They had their first and only child in 2006. He was born with jade green hair that has mint green highlights. His eye color is bright amber.

Basho(Former Manager): "So, what's his name?"

D/n: "I want to name him F/n L/n."

Basho(Former Manager): "That's traditional."

D/n: "But we'll call him Y/n for short."

Basho(Former Manager): "A fine choice. Nicknames are all the rage."

The years went by, and that's when it struck D/n. Late at night, he was thinking back to his legacy.

D/n: I'm gonna get old by the time he's an adult. What if he stumbles on one of my old songs one day? He'll ask me to teach him a thing or two, and I'll be too old to show him anything! I'll be stuck in a midlife crisis by then. I need to teach him young.

He sits up in bed.

M/n: "Dear, what's wrong?"

D/n: "I was just thinkin', maybe I should see if Y/n likes the guitar."

M/n: "It never hurts to check."

D/n: "Even if he doesn't like music, it doesn't hurt to foster a little creativity."

And so, D/n decided he'd time to teach Y/n the craft. 

D/n: "Alright kiddo, here it is."

So on Y/n's fifth birthday, D/n presents Y/n with an electric guitar.

Y/n: "What is it?"

D/n: "A gift. I used to be big in the music scene when I was young. A buddy sent that over for you when you were born. He said to give it to you when it was time. I think now is that time."

On the case is written, B. Goode. Opening the case, a letter is sitting on the fingerboard.

Note: 'Hey, big man. I used to tour with your pops a while ago. If you're anything like your father, then I think you'll enjoy this gem.'

D/n: "One of the first people I collab with. He's terrific. We should go to a concert one day. I know a few people who could get us front-row seats."

He carefully takes out the guitar and hands it to Y/n.

D/n: "How does it feel?"

Y/n: *With wide eyes* "Awesome..."

D/n: "I'm glad you think so."

He takes out a small book.

D/n: "Now, it's time to learn the basics."

He taught Y/n every day from the second he got home until he went to bed. Eventually, they moved on to other instruments. Acoustic guitar, bass, violin, fiddle, cello, and even the piano. If it had strings, Y/n was taught how to play it. But there was never any pressure to play in front of anyone. With a calm environment and a supportive family, Y/n was always eager to learn more. When he had finished his last year of middle school, D/n gave him the family heirloom.

Y/n waits patiently as D/n pulls out a black case that's adorned with gold detailing.

D/n: "This was a gift from my father. It was given to him by a famous rockstar. Not an overstatement to say he was one of the best to have ever lived. He cherished it with his life. He passed it on to me when he knew I put it to good use. Well, son. It's your turn. You don't need to become a big musician to utilize it correctly."

He unlocks the case.

D/n: "I've seen your respect for music grow over the years. Your dedication is astounding. It scares me sometimes, really. It was my first year of high school when I first broke out. My manager found me at an izakaya, and the rest is history. So, it's only right I give you some time to get used to it before it's your turn to show off."

Opening the case, Y/n's greeted by the sight of a beautiful white electric guitar. Despite its age, it's held up incredibly. 

D/n: "Burn bright, Y/n."

That was two years ago. He's now a second-year in high school. After he started playing for people, he began to flare up. His popularity grew, and his personality grew to match it. He loves playing requests for people or strumming a quick tune when he can. Though, he doesn't have a big friend group. He lets very few people into his inner circle. His outgoing nature allows him to be friendly with everyone, but partially due to how he was raised, he has trouble making any real friends. Some of D/n's trust issues rubbed onto Y/n. Either way, he's happy. Life is just right. Having gone to sleep late last night, Y/n ignored his first alarm. He sleeps peacefully until...

???: "Oi! Wake up! You don't want to be late!"

Y/n: "H-hey..."

He opens his eyes and is greeted by a familiar face. That's right. There's someone who hasn't gone talked about yet. Nijika Ijichi, his childhood friend. Her father was friends with Y/n's during middle school and high school. One of his first real supporters. Nijika is an optimistic and cheerful girl with blonde hair. Since Y/n moved to be closer to school, it's often just him and Nijika. His parents only visit occasionally to preserve his privacy.

Niji: "Did you really sleep past your alarm again?"

Y/n: "Niji-chan, sorry."

Nijika: *She sighs* "At least I'm here. You would've been late without me."

Y/n: *He sits up* "How much time do we have?"

Nijika: "Thirty minutes."

Y/n: "That should be enough for a light breakfast."

Nijika: "I could make us some eggs and toast."

Y/n: "Let me pay you back for waking me up. My treat."

Nijika: *She looks the other way* "Go ahead."

Y/n: "Thanks, Niji-chan."

After getting dressed, he goes downstairs to make breakfast.

Nijika: "Which one are you going to bring to school today?"

Y/n: "I'll bring two today."

He always brings one or two guitars to school. He somehow finds a way to make them fit into his small school bag. His two favorite guitars are a Gibson ES-350T he got for his birthday, and a 1968 Olympic White Fender Stratocaster with a maple wood fingerboard that his father passed down to him. Sometimes he brings a Gold Top 1957 Gibson Les Paul or the Gibson SG Special Alpine White. It depends on how he feels the day will go. He's nicknamed all of his instruments. 

Y/n: "Today I'll bring Johnny Boy and Voodoo Child. They feel right." 

Nijika: "Another day in the case for Slash and Rosie."

Y/n: "I'll use one of them tomorrow."

While having breakfast, Y/n turns on the TV. 

Nijika: "We missed the weather report."

Y/n: "I'm sure it'll be another sunny day."

They seem to be right on time for a new segment. 

Fortune Teller: "Welcome back! I'm back again today to bestow fate upon you. My readings are always accurate."

Ominous music starts playing.

Fortune Teller: "But don't just take my word for it, check Twitter."

Her social media pages are displayed on the screen behind her. She points over to each handle. They disappear after a minute.

Fortune Teller: "But that's enough self-promotion. No, you're already following me. Yes, I can see that." *She shakes her head* "No, you're here for something different."

The backdrop behind her changes to reflect the stars that were visible last night.

Fortune Teller: "Here's what you've all been waiting for."

Y/n finds himself glued to the screen.

Nijika: "Do you enjoy this sort of thing?"

Y/n: *He lightly nods* "Kinda. Even if I don't believe in it, it's still a guilty pleasure. A guy can wish for some good luck, right?"

Nijika: *She smiles* "I think everyone could use some luck."

Fortune Teller: "Today's fortune goes to..."

She sets down a black envelope and opens it slowly. The sound of drums gets progressively louder.

Fortune Teller: "July 7th."

Y/n: *He stands up* "That's me!"

Fortune Teller: "If you were born on July 7th you will experience immense luck."

Y/n: "Immense luck! All for me!"

Nijika: "So much for not believing."

Fortune Teller: "But of what type? I hear your questions, and shall answer just that."

She's handed another black envelope. This time a person behind the fortune teller bangs a giant gong.

Fortune Teller: "Love luck!"

Y/n: "Eh?!"

Fortune Teller: "Ah, how wonderful! The best type of luck, if you ask me. Also the rarest."

Screen: 'Luck levels' 'Average. Good. Great. Amazing. Immense.' 'Types of luck' 'General luck 35%. Scholarly Luck 25%. Work Luck 20%. Monetary Luck 10%. Health Luck 5%. Mastery Luck 4%. Love Luck 1%.' 

Nijika: Is this a fortune reading or a gacha game?! "Not what you were hoping for?"

Y/n: "Not exactly. What a bunch of fluff." Maybe next decade I can get talent luck. I will learn to play a recorder!

Nijika: "Any luck is good, right? Besides, it's all nonsense anyway."

Y/N: "You're right. I shouldn't take this too seriously." *He sighs* "Oh well, let's see where this goes."

Fortune Teller: "More specifically, you have lucky colors that will guide you."

Y/n: "Colors?"

Nijika: "They're like hints you're supposed to look for."

Y/n: This really is nonsense.

Fortune Teller: "Those colors?"

She takes out four pieces of cloth.

Fortune Teller: "Yellow is youthful love. Red is one-sided love. Blue is competitive love. Pink is learning to love." 

She sets down her cloth.

Fortune Teller: "Too bad my favorite color wasn't on there."

Reaching to her side, she grabs and introduces a silk pouch.

Fortune Teller: "Lastly, your lucky item." 

From the pouch, she produces a slender silver piece of string,

Fortune Teller: "Your lucky item is a guitar string."

Y/n: "What?"

Nijika: "String?"

Y/n: "What sort of lucky item is that?!"

Nijika: *She sheepishly laughs* "A-at least you have plenty of it."

Y/n: *He sighs* "I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up."

Fortune Teller: "And there you have it. Thank you fo-"

He turns off the TV.

Y/n: "Well, let's get going."

Nijika: "Of course."

After putting their dishes in the sink, they grab their bags and head out the door.

Nijika: "Are you going to perform again?"

Y/n: "Perhaps."

Nijika: "I won't stop you."

Y/n: "You should go the back or sideway, then."

Nijika: "I take it you're going to perform at the entrance?"

Y/n: "Just a light jam session."

Nijika: "Hai, hai." *She gets a little closer to Y/n* "I think I'll watch today."

Y/n: "Really?"

Nijika nods.

Y/n: *He smiles* "I'll have to try a little harder, then."

Walking to school, the students make way for Y/n and Nijika. There's a small stage that the D.I.Y club built for Y/n.

Nijika: "Have fun."

Y/n: "Hai!"

He walks on stage and plugs in Voodoo child. 

Y/n: *He does a quick mic check* "Alright, everyone. Good morning. Let me play you a song to wake up those sleepy thoughts. Something energizing."

He begins tapping his foot to get into rhythm.

Y/n: "A nice American classic by the band Rainbow." Too bad Nijika can't bring her drums to school.

After about 25 seconds of strumming, he begins singing.

Y/n: "I'm a wheel, I'm a wheel I can roll, I can feel~ And you can't stop me turning~ Cause I'm the sun, I'm the sun I can move, I can run~ But you'll never stop me burning~ Come down with fire! Lift my spirit higher~ Someone's screaming my name~ Come and make me holy again~ I'm the man on the silver mountain~!"

His performance goes on for around five minutes.

Y/n: "Thank you all, you've been a lovely audience. But classes will begin soon. Don't want to be late."

He unplugs and puts his guitar away. Walking off stage, he notices a girl with blue hair in the distance. While he was playing she was watching very intently. 

Y/n: I hope she enjoyed it.

Nijika: "You did great as usual."

Y/n: "Arigato, Niji-chan."

They walk together to class. The school day is more mellow than usual. Nothing of interest happens in any class. No surprise quizzes, no new drama, nothing. An unusually slow day. Exiting his last class of the day, Nijika meets with him in the hallway.

Nijika: "Today's the day."

She and two other girls are a part of a small band. Today's the day they're going to perform live with an audience. 

Y/n: "You guys will do great."

Nijika: "What if we mess up?"

Y/n: "I'm sure no one will care about an out-of-tune note or two. Everyone there will be supporting you."

NIjika: "Even then... I want to play the best we can. I want to leave everyone feeling glad they went. I want to play my part the best and not make any mistakes."

Y/n: "If they don't like it, then I'll make sure to clap louder than the boos."

His jokes are met with a serious expression from Nijika.

Nijika: "Oi. You're supposed to support me. Encourage me to do better."

Y/n: "Ganbatte, Niji-chan. I'll support you no matter how you sound. Afterward, we can work to improve what you think went wrong."

Nijika: "That's better."

So they begin they're walk to Starry. 

Nijika: "Terrance-san, am I clear to play?"

Y/n: "I wasn't that tough on, was I?"

Nijika: "I know it was just tough love."

Y/n: "W-was I that tough on you?"

Nijika: *She giggles* "You were perfect."

Y/n: "Let's hope everyone else is just as prepared." Training was rough but fair.

Nijika: "Ryo-chan improved noticeably."

Y/n: "So did Kita-chan." 

Nijika: "I think I'm the only standout."

Y/n: "You've all come a long way from when the band first started."

Nijika: "It'll be our friends, so there's no pressure. Right?"

Y/n: "Of course not! Relax. The best mindset to play in is at ease."

Nijika: "Easy for you to say. You're always relaxed."

Y/n: "While that's true, I've also been practicing every day since the age of five. The first step is confidence. Play with fire in your heart and your skills will never be extinguished."

Nijika: *She sighs* "Where would I be without you?"

Y/n: "Hm?"

Nijika: *She blushes* "Nothing!"

Y/n: "If you say so." Probably better off.

They see a girl with red hair waiting for them near the entrance. Nijika waves before going downstairs. Y/n sticks around to greet the girl. Her name is Ikuyo Kita. She's a freshman from a different high school. She has red hair and green eyes. Her bubbly and personable personality set her apart from the other two members. She plays the guitar and sings vocals.

Y/n: "Kita-chan, hello."

Kita: "Y/n-san..."

Y/n: San? What happened to Chi? Wait, why does she look sad? "Kita-chan, what's wrong?"

Kita: "I... I quit."

Y/n: "What."

Kita: "I can't do it! I'm sorry, Y/n-san. But I can't ruin your band."

Y/n: "Ruin? We're here to have fun. We're playing for ourselves. You can't ruin a thing. Let's just sit down and talk about this."

Kita: "You're always so kind to me. You're the kindest and most patient person I've met. I don't know anyone else like you."

Y/n: "Kita..."

Kita: "That's why I have to leave. I haven't made any improvements since we started."

Y/n: "We haven't practiced that long. This is only one show."

Kita: "I can't play! I'll embarrass everyone if I do."

Y/n: "Please reconsider."

Kita: *She looks down* "I can't play. I'll only drag the others down." *Tears fall to the ground* "Even after you did your best to mentor me."

Y/n: "There's still so much to do."

Kita: "Nothing you can't do without me."

Y/n: "Kita-chan. You're our dear friend. Without you, it won't be the same."

Kita: *She turns away* "I'm sorry!"

Y/n: "Kita-chan. Please think about this a little longer."

Kita: "I've already made my decision."

With her head hanging low, she runs away.

Y/n: I want to chase after her. But she's already made up her mind. I can't convince someone to do something if they don't want to be convinced. I don't want her to hate me for forcing her to play. 

He looks down towards the stairs. The Starry sign illuminated a faint blue and red.

Y/n: I need to clear my head first.

Having been hit with depressing news, Y/n begins walking to his comfort spot.

A/n: Well, that's a start. What did you think? Are there any improvements that you would recommend? Besides the art. That was made by me in MS. I'm going to work hard in between chapters to improve on that end. But besides my doodles, what other changes would you like to see?

Also, a few questions before we continue any further.

Alright, I'll just openly put it out there. Yes, this will be a harem. Hinted/told to you at the start.

BUT. There will only be one true winner. I'm going to have scenes with each girl up until it's time to choose the one he'll end up with. So until then, keep in mind who you'll want to win.

One more question. Thoughts? I mean literally. Do you want the thoughts of other characters to show up? Or should I only write Y/n's thoughts?

Example:

Y/n: "Oi! Everyone! I brought drinks!"

He almost trips on a cord, but he luckily catches himself.

Nijika: He's such a dork.

Bocchi: "Are you alright?!" He almost died!

Kita: That would've been a mess.

Ryo: Close one.

Do we give them thoughts or confine them to speaking only?

That's all for now. If you have any ideas, do feel free to let me know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 10.1K 97
He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I was in college, but we crashed and burn...
278 14 16
Hay so you are just a normal girl that loves "emo" music aka P!ATD TØP MÇR and Fall Out Boy you don't have a lot of friends but you do have your Bff...
12.1K 280 13
After Y/N's breakup, she decided to build walls around her, shutting out everyone. But when she meets Bokuto, will she finally get the love she deser...
8.2K 165 16
*Just To clarify,This book is Basically the first Three Real world Reader books Crammed into One with some minor edits and adding some things but No...