[BL] The Darling Villain

By CoolCool-Aid

Lucilline Rubius, the third son of Duke Rubius has always been content with his daily life. However, after ru... More

【CHARACTERS】
Chapter 1. Who is Lucilline Rubius
Chapter 2. The Most Evil of Them All
Chapter 3. Wake Up to a Splash of Water
Chapter 4. The Heroine and Male Lead
Chapter 5. For the Sake of Justice
Chapter 6. A Flash of Silver in the Night
Chapter 7. This World is Fictional
Chapter 8. What About Him is a Villain?
Chapter 9. You're Definitely a Good Person
Chapter 10. Shopping as Friends
Chapter 11. Like He Could Strangle Him to Death
Chapter 12. Kill and Manipulate
Chapter 13. Chocolate Mousse Cake
Chapter 14. This Master is Skilled in All Aspects
Chapter 15. Ghost Hunting
Chapter 16. The Second Male Lead
Chapter 17. The Prettiest Flower of Them All
Chapter 18. I Want to Become a Knight
Chapter 19. I Can Teach You
Chapter 20. Would You Like to Serve Under Me?
Chapter 21. Skinny Little Stick Arms
Chapter 22. What Gave You the Courage to...
Chapter 23. Stitched Shut
Chapter 24. The Hope of All Demons
Chapter 25. Remembrance
Chapter 26. The Crown Prince of Lydia
Chapter 27. Foolish Humans
Chapter 28. This is so Fun!
Chapter 29. Could I Borrow Your Sword?
Chapter 30. You Should Slack Off
Chapter 31. Lucilline Rubius is Ashamed
Chapter 32. What Makeup Do You Use?
Chapter 33. Staff of Curses
Chapter 34. This is the House of Rubius
Chapter 35. Forever an Assassin
Chapter 36. Pervert
Chapter 37. The Demon in His Dreams
Chapter 38. Too Late
Chapter 39. Not Only a Prince in Title
Chapter 40. Stolen Heart
Chapter 41. Holy Father
Chapter 42. The Right Moment
Chapter 43. What Kind of Sorcery is This?
Chapter 44. Into Battle
Chapter 45. Red
Chapter 46. How to Train Your Villain
【100K SPECIAL】
Chapter 47. Shoulder
Chapter 48. First Mission
Chapter 49. My Handkerchief
Chapter 50. Three Years
Chapter 51. Farrah Umbra, the Inhuman
Chapter 52. Get Her Memories Back
Chapter 53. Strong Rival!
Chapter 54. Cry
Chapter 55. Change My Fate
Chapter 56. It's Not Like That
Chapter 57. I Can't Flirt
Chapter 58. Dance, For Yourself
Chapter 59. A Scar Across the Back
Chapter 60. If This Isn't Love, Then What is?
Chapter 61. Kiss on the Lips
Chapter 62. An Adventure
Chapter 63. In the Bushes, a Tiger Hides
Chapter 64. A Girl's Name
Chapter 65. Lunatic, the Exiled Pink Princess
Chapter 66. Lunatic, the Exiled Pink Prince
Chapter 67. Five Dark Glares
【200K SPECIAL】
Chapter 68. Bath!?!
Chapter 69. To the North, Frozen Tower
Chapter 70. Sugarplum
Chapter 71. The Best Liar
Chapter 72. Traitor
Chapter 73. I Love You
Chapter 74. Promise Me, Don't Forget Me
Chapter 75. Always a Villain
Chapter 77. In the Eyes of the Noble
Chapter 78. Touch the Stars, a Bell Rings
Chapter 79. A Cowardly Child
Chapter 80. Reach for the Stars, Jump
Chapter 81. I am Going to Kill Her
Chapter 82. Am I a Demon?
Chapter 83. The Snapping Strand
Chapter 84. Duel
Chapter 85. ONE PUNCH!!!
Chapter 86. Tea? Dress? Party? Fire 👍
Chapter 87. Double Kill!
Chapter 88. He is a Demon
Chapter 89. My Family is Human
Chapter 90. But I Do
Chapter 91. No Point

Chapter 76. To You, In the Past

912 75 13
By CoolCool-Aid

??? years ago, before the present era

Boisterous laughter bounced off the walls, with tremors casted upon mellow red wine—the liquid trembling inside the shell of a glass cup. The sound of wine glasses had clinked together, and the ringing sound resounded past the dining hall.

"I can't believe you have a third child already, Anderson!" A slap had fallen onto the dining table, shaping the lustrous white tablecloth into a wrinkle. "Is it a boy or girl?"

Seated across the loud man was a handsome young man, his attire made of a black suit, with a white shirt tucked underneath. The handsome young man—Anderson Rubius—had a glass of wine held within a hand, with merely a few slender fingers twirling it by the handle. His mahogany red hair was brushed back thanks to slick gel, with a few strands of hair falling down to dangle before his silver eyes.

Those silver eyes thinned in amusement, sharper than the horizon beyond sandy coastlines. Anderson's lips curved upwards, as he laughed, "Rachelle worked hard to give birth to a boy."

A chorus of cheers applauded past the dining table.

All the guests gave toast to the celebratory news, their drunken faces written with undisguised happiness... except for one particular man.

"Younger brother is indeed hardworking—being able to produce another offspring!" The words spoken were clearly of praise, but the voice behind it sounded mocking. It sickened all the guests, but Anderson still wore a relaxed expression.

The current Duke of House Rubius have served for a long time, and his age has deteriorated. It was about time to choose the next successor.

He has two sons—the eldest son named Orion, and the younger one named Anderson. One would think that Orion had the better chance of inheriting the title, since he was the elder sibling. However, due to his "lack of discipline" (which was simply just an overload of arrogance), Orion's attitude have displeased several other nobles. His past records of cheating and accumulating several mistresses gave a bad display of House Rubius to the public.

Contrary to his indecency, Anderson remained filial to the lineage and worked nonstop at fulfilling his duties as a noble.

It goes without saying that Anderson was the likelier one to inherit the title of Grand Duke.

"Anderson, you sure like to make children." Orion mocked, pointing a finger at his younger brother's crotch, "Could it be that you can't control your-"

"Of course not," Anderson replied with a harmless smile. His silver eyes had thinned into crescent slits, "However, I am worried for you instead, brother. You haven't a single child yet, so I wonder..." He pointed at his eldest brother's crotch in return, "Could it be that you can't get it up—"

SLAM!!! Orion furiously slapped a hand on the dining table, causing many wine glasses to topple over, spilling over the lustrous white table cloth.

Orion's face was frustratingly red, as if his brain was about to fry into a burnt crisp. "It's about time that I return to my residence. May I be excused." He stood up from the dining table, and with a violent turn, he angrily left. His mad footsteps were imprinted upon the crimson red carpet, bold and disheartening just like the wine spill he caused on the tablecloth.

He slammed the door shut furiously, and nobody escorted him out.

Instead, the guests had a hearty laugh about it. "Young Lord Rubius, it is just as we've heard from the rumours. Your elder brother sure has the temper."

To that, Anderson merely gave a small shrug and continued to smile.

They toasted for the remaining duration of the celebration.

After all the guests have been escorted to their rides, the doors to Anderson's manor have shut close. The servants have cleaned the dining table, collecting the porcelain plates, stacking the wine glasses, and threw away the dirtied tablecloth into a burning fireplace.

"My dear," a small sweet voice rang in the hallway.

Anderson was surprised to that voice. His silver eyes had a twinkle of undisguised joy in them, and he immediately jumped into the arms of his beloved. "Rachelle!" He hugged his wife, but then scolded her with a concerned expression, "Didn't I tell you to rest in bed? Your body is still weak."

The young woman was slender and pale, her long locks of black hair were like a waterfall of ink. Despite being a mother of three children already, Rachelle still had the appearance of a young maiden. Her youthful look was still there. She wore only a sleeveless nightdress, with lacy white frills embellished at the hem.

Rachelle shook her head softly, "Is your brother bothering you again?"

Anderson shook it off. "It's fine. It is nothing that I cannot handle." He shone a smile, with his tiger-tooth flashing charmingly.

"Then come and visit our baby boy," Rachelle gave a side smile, her gaze filled with warmth. "He has only just come to this world. We should treasure every moment we've got."

In her bed chamber, a baby crib had been situated in the centre.

The newborn boy was sleeping with a soft hushed breath, his plump skin glowing in the moonlight's embrace. His body was covered in a white blanket, and only his small hands were revealed.

Subconsciously, Anderson felt his fatigue melt away. Something inside of him had softened. He marvelled at the small boy, so weak and useless—but carried endless possibilities for the future. Seeing the birth of a new life had always made his stern side unravel.

"Lucy sleeps well," Anderson spoke quietly.

His third child—Lucilline Rubius—was named after the name "Lucy", which meant light. Anderson hoped for his child to always shine brightly. One day, this light will attract many wonders and splendours.

Rachelle leaned her chin on her husband's shoulder.

She closed her eyes, and a soft smile crept up her lips.

*****

"Be careful, Lucy!" It has been a year since the birth of Lucilline Rubius, and the small boy has begun taking his first steps on land. A puny figure struggled in the distance, with short limbs and slow waddles. Gradually, the small figure began crawling up from the wooden floorboards.

Lucilline had short black hair, the soft locks were like a bird's nest made of raven feathers. His eyes contained the splendid colour of liquid gold, just like his mother's. The one-year boy wore a small attire, with a scarlet red dress.

The frilly skirt swayed by his short knees, and his feet were covered by white socks.

The red baby dress was originally Scarletta's, but was eventually passed on to each of the newborn siblings. At last, it was time for Lucilline to inherit it.

"...that's it, just like that." Rachelle had stars shining in her golden eyes. She crouched approximately a metre away from her child, watching Lucilline take his first steps. "Come over here to Mommy!" Rachelle spread open her arms, bellowing out to her youngest child.

On the other side of the boy, Anderson crouched there expectantly.

He also opened his arms, "Here, son! Your Father is waiting here!"

Lucilline fell silent. He was hesitant on who he should walk over to. In the end, he turned a blind eye to his father's helpless pleas, and waddled over to his mother's happy embrace.

Rachelle laughed heartily, "Yay! Mother wins again!"

Anderson laid flat on the wooden floorboards, "..." I refuse to admit defeat.

"Is Father still devastated by the fact that Lucy likes Mother more?" A young girl paced in the hallway, then stopped before her face-planted father. Long strands of curly mahogany red hair had rolled off her shoulders, and her frilly cherry red dress fitted her slim figure. Scarletta wore a half-hearted smile, resembling the arrogance of Orion.

Anderson crawled up from the floor, his face ashen. "Be more polite, Scarlet. You are a young and fair lady, and you must remember to talk to your parents with respect."

The eight-year-old girl averted her silver eyes, twirling a strand of hair in her finger, "But I was merely stating fact. Lucy obviously likes Mother more than you."

Anderson: !!! He was personally attacked by his daughter again !!!

"Alas, your ruthless demeanour never changes." He sighed.

Scarletta watched by the wall, her silver eyes focused on her happy mother, who lifted baby Lucy effortlessly by the armpits, raising him up high while spinning in circles. Rachelle and Lucilline spun, and the baby boy giggled in the air.

To this, Scarletta stifled her own foolish chuckle. Too cute.

Anderson noticed her chuckle, and his lips curved upwards. So it seems that Scarlet has finally found a little brother she can love.

"I want to play with Lucy too!" A short roar had shaken the portraits hanging upon the walls.

A slender figure marched in the hallway—a young boy wearing a frilly white shirt, with tight black pants—his curly mahogany red hair tied into a braid. His silver eyes resembled both Anderson's and Scarletta's, cold like stainless steel, empty without a single substance. However, those silver eyes also lit up whenever in close proximity with family members.

Zephyratt bundled his hands into puny fists, "I want to lift Lucy up high too!"

Rachelle laughed at his eagerness. "Alright then, but be careful. Your baby brother is still weak, so make sure to not hurt him."

The second child had a type of haughtiness and arrogance, but can be easily overwritten when he sees his baby brother. Zephyratt gasped softly when he carried Lucilline in his arms. His baby brother was soft and plump all over, almost like a marshmallow melting in his hold. Zephyratt made sure to carry Lucilline with great care.

He completely forgot about wanting to "raise Lucy up high".

Quickly, a smell of vinegar permeated in the air.

Scarletta clutched a hand on the wall, and immediately, a crack split into the sturdy block.

Anderson, who was the only person to witness this, "..." Your jealousy is stinking up the place.

*****

It has been five years since the birth of Lucilline Rubius.

The fragrant smell of jasmine and roses had permeated in the manor, attracting all different birds to flutter onto a branch and gaze upon the commotion. In the centre of the garden, a pure white table with chairs surrounding it have been organized neatly. The lush green field had been purged by a sea of daffodils and roses of all hues.

However, none of the flowers could rival the beauty of her.

Rachelle wore a long crimson red dress, with her long luscious black hair tied into a braid trailing by her shoulder. Her willowy limbs were paler than the bark of a birch tree, and yet more soft than a swan's noble feather. Rachelle sat on one side of the table, and servants lined up behind her. The maids began setting plates of desserts and pots of tea onto the white tablecloth, assorting a variety of fun colours to contrast the pure white.

"It has been a long time since we've met together like this, old friend." Rachelle wore a small smile, one that could even seize the hearts of those blinded. Her hands wore long black laced gloves, reaching up to her slender elbow.

On the other side of a table was a short and petite woman. She dressed in a pink gown, but the fabric was cheap and rough on the skin. The woman's flesh seemed to bulge out from the dress, and her skin had been rubbed red beneath the laces. In terms of appearance, this woman was light years away when compared to Rachelle.

It was hard to imagine how Rachelle—the "as if a flower morphed into human" noble lady—managed to become friends with a mere commoner.

"How is your youngest one doing?" Despite the jarring difference in looks, the pink-dressed woman still laughed. She did not care that she was a commoner, or that Lady Rachelle was a noble. They may not have the same hierarchy or class, but they were still friends.

"Lucy is doing great," Rachelle's eyes lit up when mentioning her youngest child. "He is just the cutest thing ever! Scarlet and Zephie never got along with one another, but with their new baby brother, they finally have someone to accompany them!"

However... The black-haired noble lady sighed. Recently, it feels like Scarlet and Zephie are fighting more than ever. They both want Lucy for themselves.

The commoner woman giggled full-heartedly. "Isn't Lucy five-years-old now? How is he doing at school?"

Rachelle tried to hide her pained smile. She poured herself a cup of tea, and the intoxicated scent of floral jasmine suffused into the spring breeze, almost like a torrent of cherry blossoms dyeing the cerulean skies into an ocean of pink.

"Actually..." her golden eyes flickered, "Lucy is a very shy kid. He doesn't like to interact with the other noble children, and instead reads books in the corner all day."

Rachelle groaned, "I don't know how to get him to open up to the other children." She picked her porcelain cup up from the plate, as a soft clang resounded from the click. The black-haired mother sipped her tea, feeling the sweet herbs tickle her throat.

"Hmm..." the commoner woman hummed.

She tapped on the handle of her own cup.

"Rachelle," she smiled brightly, "Not all children become friends instantaneously. It may take them a while to befriend one another." Her rough and calloused hands had a sharp comparison to the stainless tablecloth. "If you're still worried about Lucy though, you can have him meet my daughter. I'm sure they'll become best friends like us."

Rachelle laughed at that last statement.

"That is a good idea." Her lips curved upwards, "Oh right, your daughter is the same age as Lucy. Am I right, Miss Bellerose?"

The commoner woman—surname Bellerose—had nodded. "That is right. Her name is Daphnne, and she is an outgoing girl. I'm sure that if she reaches out to your son, Lucy will no longer be shy with other children anymore!"

Rachelle agreed. "Then let's plan a time for them to meet!" She couldn't help but hold a beautiful smile in her golden eyes. They might even become lovers. When that thought slipped into her mind, Rachelle laughed even harder.

Too bad their children never managed to meet—while their mothers were still alive, anyways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 24.9K 30
Yukie Aisawa is a one-in-a-lifetime prodigy. Blessed with intelligence and looks. He was left by his parent at the age of 9, leaving him to go to an...
355K 14K 55
Male lead, why do you propose to the villain and not the heroine!? Having the strongest man in the empire as father, the most beautiful woman as mot...
12.6K 699 9
── 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍!𝐌𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐗 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄!𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 「 "𝐀𝐡, 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧." "𝐘-𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐟�...
14.8K 683 10
This is a boy x boy fan fiction. Don't like gay love then move on. This isn't the story for you. There will be cursing in this story. If you don't li...