Liar

By IScreamwithlove

*Sequel to Unwanted Child* After the World Duel Carnival Y/n L/n starts questioning who they are more and mo... More

New Outfits
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 6

116 4 0
By IScreamwithlove

"Hey... Y/n! It's time to get up!"

"Hm?" you hummed as you slowly opened your eyes. Val was looking down at you.

"Come on get up," he said in an annoyed tone, but he still let out a hand to help you. You gladly accepted it.

"Where are we going?" you asked as you rubbed your tired eyes. Val lead you out of the house and into the big front yard.

"If you're going to be staying here you're going to need training," Val said.

"Training?" you echoed.

"Yeah so here," Val tossed you a wooden sword.

"But I don't know how to use a sword," you said.

"Well you better figure it out!" Val exclaimed as he swiped at you.

"Ah wait hey!" You cried as you clumsily blocked the attack.

"They won't wait for you," Val said as he attacked again.

"Wait, shouldn't we have Phoenix help with this?" you asked. Val sighed and crossed his arms.

"No, Phoenix can't know I'm training you," Val sighed.

"Huh? Why not?" you asked.

"Because he specifically said not to," Val shrugged.

"Huh? But then why are you?" you asked.

"Because like I said, if you're going to stay here you need training, you're a human so... if you die here you don't come back like we do," Val said.

"So you just want me to be safe... okay! I'll try my best," you agreed.

For the next hour and a half you and Val went back and fourth attacking each other, and by the time you got back to bed you were exhausted.

~~~

In the morning Master Roku encouraged you to take a walk, so that's exactly what you and Arlo did. The crisp morning air of the mountains felt amazing.

"Do you think the others are doing okay Arlo?" You asked as you looked into the city.

It felt so close yet so far.

"Probably better now that I'm not there," you sighed. Arlo whined and nudged your hand. "I'm okay buddy."

A few minutes later you and Arlo stopped at a lake. You sat in the grass the morning dew drops getting you slightly wet. You sat there in silence deep in thought.

"Mind if I sit down next to you?"

"Hm?" You looked over to see a tall muscular man with a green Mohawk in a traditional kimono. "Oh! No go right ahead."

He looked so familiar...

"I don't remember seeing you around these parts, what's your name kid?" He asked as he sat down next to you.

"Y/n... I'm visiting Master Roku and Kaze right now," you said softly.

"Ah, Master Roku! An old friend of mine! My names Nasch," the man introduced himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," you hummed.

"The pleasure is all mine," Nasch smiled. You sat in silence for a few minutes until Nasch spoke again," tell me do you know how to skip stones?"

"No, I don't think so," you said.

"Would you like to learn?" Nasch asked.

"Uh sure," you nodded. Nasch stood up and you followed his lead. He grabbed a flat stone and threw it at the water. You watched as the stone skipped seven times. "Ah! Incredible!"

"Thank you, now then grab the flattest stone you can find and I'd like you to try," Nasch said.

"Um okay," you said, you grabbed one of the flatter stones and threw it at the water. Of course to no surprise it just sank. Nasch let out a chuckle. You looked at him with a disheartened look.

"My apologies, I just wanted to watch you try first," Nasch said," now then grab another flat stone. I'll grab one too."

You both grabbed a stone.

"Now then you're gonna wanna keep your hand leveled, flick the wrist and toss the stone," Nasch said. Nasch threw the stone and it skipped six times. You followed his lead but the stone just sank once more.

"Looks like I can't even get this right...," you sighed.

"Nonsense, you gotta practice, you see if you throw the stone too lightly," Nasch threw another stone, but it just sank," It'll just sink, and the same thing happens if you throw it too hard. It's about finding that perfect balance."

"I see... would it be okay if I came back tomorrow to practice? I should really get back," you said.

"Of course, I'll be here," Nasch smiled.

"Thank you Mr Nasch," you bowed to him," come on Arlo lets get back."

---

"I'm back!" you called as you stepped into the dojo.

"We're in the kitchen!" Master Roku called.

You and Arlo headed to the kitchen.

"You're just in time for breakfast, be a dear and set the table?" Kaze asked.

"Yeah, absolutely," you nodded. You grabbed what you needed and set the table.

"Thank you for the meal!" The three of you said in unison and started to eat.

"So how was your morning walk?" Master Roku asked.

"It was good, I met Mr Nasch by the lake," you smiled," he started teaching me how to skip stones!"

"Mr Nasch! Ah, Yes! A good friend of mine! You know he used to own the dojo," Master Roku said.

"Wow, really?" You asked.

"Oh yes! But that was centuries ago," Master Roku chuckled.

"Ah, I see," you hummed, you assumed he was exaggerating.

"By the way there's something I want to show you in the statue room after breakfast," Master Roku said.

"Hm? Yeah okay," You nodded.

After breakfast you headed to the statue room.

The familiar faces were nice to see again.

Arlo ran over to Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. He sat happily wagging his tail.

"Here come take a look at this," Master Roku grabbed your attention. You walked over only to be awe struck by a beautiful katana.

"Can I hold it?" you asked.

"Of course just don't hurt yourself," Master Roku chuckled as he handed it to you. You pulled the blade at.

"So much love has been made into making this sword," you whispered.

"Yes some true craftsmanship," Master Roku agreed. There was more to this sword, you felt a connection to it. You shook it off and handed it back to Master Roku. "We found it just before you came to see us."

"Really? Huh, what a coincidence," you hummed," Hey Master Roku does the garden need touched up again?"

"Lets go check," Master Roku said. The two of you walked to the garden and to your surprise it was still okay.

"That's a relief," you sighed.

"Yes, but we still need to water the plants, and care for them," Master Roku said.

"Right," you nodded.

From there you and Master Roku worked in silence. After tending to the garden it was about mid afternoon.

"Let's have some tea," Master Roku suggested," and we can see if Kaze would like to join us!"

"Where is Kaze?" you asked. Arlo got up from under the tree and followed you two inside.

"This time of day Kaze is usually just coming back from his deep mountain training," Master Roku said.

"Deep mountain training?" you raised an eyebrow.

"He doesn't tell me much about it unfortunately, so you're just as clueless as I am," Master Roku said as he filled the kettle with water. He set it on the stove. "Come lets sit."

You both took a seat at the table. You stared blankly at the table.

"Master Roku? Have any of your students ever had amnesia?" you asked.

"No, not that I can recall," Master Roku sighed," that's what's bugging you isn't it?"

"I-I... ugh... because of me Shark got hurt... and it just seems I can't stop hurting people. I have these powers that I didn't even know I had until I met Yuma! How do you not remember something like that?! I went two years with out needing them once and now Numbers are gaining physical form and I can't do a damn thing because I have no memories!" You vented as tears fell out of your eyes," I'm useless... just a rusty sword that used to be great."

"Do not say that about yourself," Master Roku said firmly," Even the most rusty swords can still cut. You may not remember your past, but that does not define your future. You are still in control. You just need help getting back on the right path and that's what I'm here for. Y/n I will not give up on you."

You started crying even harder as you set your forehead on the table. Master Roku gently patted your head.

"So promise me you'll try your hardest?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132 0 9
After Kite and Shark's Duel ends in a Draw to protect Yuma's Golden Key from the Number Hunter, the three of them prepare themselves for the World Du...
48.1K 1K 16
Maybe you shouldn't keep ignoring those love letters and bloodstains in your mailbox anymore, who knows when the person who keeps putting them there...
18.1K 793 27
𝙀𝙔𝙀 π˜Ύπ˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώπ™”: π™¨π™€π™’π™šπ™©π™π™žπ™£π™œ 𝙀𝙧 π™¨π™€π™’π™šπ™€π™£π™š 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 π™žπ™¨ π™£π™žπ™˜π™š 𝙩𝙀 𝙑𝙀𝙀𝙠 𝙖𝙩. β™‘ To put it simply, You died. Murdered, to be...
63.3K 1.4K 33
{ONGOING} Requests Open! Female reader - mainly female x female, but there are a few male x female dotted here and there. β—¦Written in second person (...