Ain't an Ordinary Girl

By TooLazy2Move

Vrylle, a seventeen-year-old girl is your typical anti-social. With no trusted friends to speak of, she finds... More

Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 28

347 18 6
By TooLazy2Move

Ezra would surely blow his top if he happened to know the clever way the man behind everything had thought of for the Mercenaries to do. It was easy, convenient, and not a time-consuming, rigorous journey.

After the man sent a reconnaissance team around the Empire and to the Guild's territory, he relayed an order for those men to install a decent number of short-distance Transfer Scrolls behind each place, area, or road they traveled to, with a connected coordinate, for easy yet inconspicuous transfer.

Direct teleportation could arouse suspicions. It could also leave obvious traces. Transfer Scrolls with a long-distance range were also the same. Not to mention the number of people who would be doing the 'escorting'. To not attract too many inquiring eyes and also be much more careful and undetected, the man used that clever way, made a few experiments, and once proven effective, put it to use.

That was why the group who abducted Vrylle back then and 'escorted' the carriage all the way to the Hunting Ground did not take too long.

It only took five hours at most.

Too bad Ezra would never have the chance to know such a thing. He even had no clue who the person was behind such a malicious abduction.

One thing is for sure, once he figured out the person or people who put his daughter's life in danger time and time again, along with those threats he receives that he has to hide to not frighten his daughter, though Vrylle knew, and he was the oblivious one, even if they asked for death, for him to kill them instantly, he wouldn't grant such a plea.

Easy and quick death is such a luxury for people like them.

"...Nothing seems to work in my favor."

As Ezra's jaw tightened, teeth gritted from madness because of the moles who compromised their journey and resulted in what he is experiencing currently, Ezra's mind flew again to the well-being of his daughter, thinking how she fared those past several days under the event of the Dungeon Break.

Even Rusty was there with her, considering how much has escalated, Ezra knew how big of a disadvantage they would face at that very moment. Rusty was alone, whereas his daughter was still a child, very young and untrained. The coachman and her personal attendant were both no good either. Those two were probably the first to be disposed of.

"...Useless. Very useless."

Ezra was not talking about anyone else; he was talking about himself. He was very frustrated with himself and now questioning his own capabilities. Ezra also started to doubt every decision he made.

His daughter might be much safer in their fief rather than staying in the Central. Because in the fief, Ezra controls everything. He has eyes everywhere, unlike in the Central where he can only spread his 'arms' and 'legs' at the Duke's Estate. His 'eyes' also have to reduce their use.

Nothing favored him, really.

Walking dejectedly back to the Transfer Point, that was when the Knight, Hanz, whom he ordered to relay a message to others for regrouping, delivered unexpected news.

The group that headed to the Northwest half an hour ago came across a Mercenary. But not only did these Knights and Paladins fail to kill or apprehend the man, the man himself successfully evaded his people's encirclement and now outran them, obviously heading toward the Transfer Point.

Livid, Ezra hastened and gravely ordered everyone to give chase.

He wouldn't let that man leave. He must kill that Mercenary. No, wrong. Ezra has to capture that man, torture him along with the moles, while also squeezing them for any kind of information, useful or not.

What Ezra, the Knights, and the Paladins didn't know is that the Mercenary in question, who was Errol, had just arrived at the Transfer Point, looking like a sewer rat with bleeding wounds caused by the blades, arrows, and spells those crazy bastards inflicted on him.

Errol knew who those Knights and Paladins might be, that was why he never attacked and just defended. But those bastards, even when he screamed at the top of his lungs trying to explain himself and the vague relationship he had with the little girl, those fuckers did not even listen and just kept attacking!

He then gave up talking to these crazy deaf-acting bastards and ran for his dear life. He ran faster while doing his best to dodge the attacks and escape the attackers. With his great effort, it bore fruit, and now, standing in front of the Transfer Point, Errol looks back at the people who were chasing him, cheekily grins at them, and holds up his middle finger.

"So long, brothers! Better luck next time! Hahahahaha!"

The little girl had just spared his life, so of course Errol wouldn't let these clueless bastards take that life for granted.

With his crisp laughter echoing, Errol then stepped into the Transfer Point, leaving the Knights and Paladins with dark faces.

"Did that bastard stick his middle finger at us? He dares?!"

"...I'll keep this tab. For sure, I will meet that Mercenary again. Hehe, he just waits."

The Hunting Ground was wide. Each of the groups who reached the farthest and deepest area encountered the fewest monsters compared to others. Even though they used some spells to hasten their moves, considering the distance, they still arrived when all was said and done. The same goes for the groups belonging to Ezra and Everett.

Ezra's already dark and cold eyes worsened even more when he arrived and the said Mercenary was nowhere in sight.

His men had failed.

Ezra swept his cold and piercing eyes over the Knights and Paladins who encountered and chased the Mercenary, waiting for whatever they had to say. Unfortunately, because of the fear the Knights and Paladins felt towards him, all they could do was lower their heads, unable to even meet his eyes.

"...AHAHAHAHAH!"

The sudden laughter that erupted from Ezra sent shivers down the Knights and Paladins' spines. The laughter sounded like it came from hell, chilling.

Ezra felt like he was losing it. He was really close to losing it.

Just why the fuck did every single thing not go his fucking way?!

Reality never bent to one's will, Ezra knew that. It always cut like a sharp blade, reminding everyone of its harshness. Anyone who touched it got hurt. From the slightest pain to the most lethal one.

Still, just once, just fucking once, couldn't it even favor him? Even just for the sake of his innocent daughter?

"...Father."

Everett, who worriedly watched his father laughing like he was an inch away from exploding, helplessly gritted his teeth.

The young Paladin knew that whatever kind of consoling words he might say, none of it would work with how his father was acting right now. It would only do the opposite and make things worse than they already were.

"Everett, we have to-"

"Not now, Raison. Things will only go south if we provoke father more."

"...Okay."

Ezra's booming and chilling laughter lasted for a whole thirty seconds, his face upturned as pricks of drizzle hit him. His cold, piercing eyes stared at the dark clouds that were starting to scatter little by little.

He really felt like torturing the moles right now. Ezra needed someone to let off some of his steam, or he might really blow up.

After another fit of chilling laughter, Ezra called out to Everett and Raison.

The sudden call made the Knights and Paladins wonder what their Commander was up to. Everett and Raison, on the other hand, immediately knew what to do. With swift movements, they flashed to the side of each mole, delivering a powerful, decisive chop to their napes, instantly rendering them unconscious.

Since there were only two of them to handle the three moles, Everett and Raison knew that once they made a move towards the two, the remaining mole would surely be alerted and try to escape, and that's exactly what happened.

When the remaining mole saw his accomplices being attacked, without a second thought, he quickly dashed toward the Transfer Point, ready to escape. Too bad for him, Ezra wouldn't let him succeed in escaping.

Just as the mole dashed halfway towards the Transfer Point, a powerful kick landed on him, causing him to momentarily freeze before his body flew in the opposite direction. He was sent flying several meters away and only stopped when his back forcefully hit a tree's rough and thick trunk.

The impact of the collision with the tree caused it to shake vigorously, even creating a dent and cracks in its trunk, before the mole powerlessly slid onto the ground.

He coughed up a mouthful of blood while clutching his kicked abdomen, trying with all his might to pull his painfully trembling body up, using the trunk to support his weight.

The mole did not expect their cover to be exposed. After all, they had been very, very cautious. What's more, they had been with the Squadrons for a while, and no normal person would be suspicious of them, especially him.

Unfortunately, that was not the case, and their Commander had given an inconspicuous order to those brats to find them, which they successfully did. What he was curious to know was when they had been found and since when they had been monitored.

"...Heh. They've got us good."

The Knights and the Paladins were shocked at the sudden confrontation, but their shock only lasted for a few seconds before they calmed down. Just by the looks of it, it only means that those three were the moles, the traitors, who keep disrupting their journey and the trust these men had with each other.

So, with tacit understanding, the men retreated to give their Commander ample space to deal with the traitor. All they had to do was watch while the two Vice Captains also took care of the other two traitors, securely binding them after knocking them unconscious.

More importantly, just by the look on their Commander's face, if they tried to act as extras, all the steam that the traitor supposedly received would surely shift to them. It might not be all, but unfortunately, some of it. So, no thanks. They would just better watch the show and silently wait.

"You know the punishment, don't you, Hanz?"

With a low, chilling voice, Ezra perfunctorily asked. His voice was not loud, but it reverberated around a certain area that reached Hanz. The nearest Knights and Paladins quivered as their Commander's voice entered their ears, as if the voice itself held a scythe pointed directly at their necks.

One wrong move and their heads would surely roll off the ground.

"...Heh. Commander... as a Vice Captain... h, how wouldn't I know?"

Hanz, with difficulty, managed to pull himself up as he answered with a sneer. The kick he received from Ezra was full of force, he did not even hold back. With that one kick alone, Hanz felt like he not only received a physical injury, but also an internal injury, as he was unable to defend himself because it was so sudden.

"Then, be prepared to receive your punishment, 'Vice Captain' Hanz."

With everyone's senses on high alert, they waited to see what would happen next. In such a heavy tension, the night that was as dark as ink and the dark grey clouds that were slowly scattering yet still covered the moon intensified the atmosphere as sprinkles of rain continued to fall.

Hanz, who unsheathed his sword and covered it with Aura along with all senses at the highest level, was ready for action with a sneer still on his face.

That look on his face was a blatant mockery.

Everett, Raison, the Knights, and the Paladins were ticked off by that look. They had this urge to punch his face until Hanz couldn't put on that annoying look ever again.

"...If the Dungeon Break did not happen, this situation wouldn't be like this. You know what, Commander? I also am looking forward to seeing despair not just in your eyes, but in your whole person. Hahaha!"

Hanz's once handsome face and righteous eyes became twisted, full of suppressed madness. Everett had no idea where those emotions came from. The young Paladin then looked at his father, waiting to find an answer once Ezra retorted. Unfortunately, Ezra remained silent. His thin lips flattened even more.

That was when Hanz continued.

"I wonder... I wonder what you, our Esteemed Duke and Commander, would look like once you see your daughter. Your 'mutilated' daughter! Hahahaha!"

Upon hearing those crazed words, it was not just Ezra and Everett whose eyes darkened and sunk, emitting Bloodlust, a kind of unique Aura only those with a close encounter with death were able to possess, but also Raison.

The Knights and the Paladins were no good either, but the farthest they could express was a level of disappointment and anger towards Hanz before they were suppressed by their Commander and Vice Captains' surging Bloodlust, suffocating the men.

Being the focus of the Bloodlust, Hanz was no good, of course. However, the madness in those eyes and twisted expression on his face did not fade away; in fact, it became more pronounced.

He laughed like a maniac, waiting for Ezra to lose his cool.

"...I know it was partly my fault that your little sister died back then. But don't you think that most of it was yours? Why put everything on my shoulders? Hanz, her death is because of your idiocy and stupidity."

The low, cold reverberated voice of Ezra seemed like a wrecking ball that smashed through Hanz. He did not expect that one coming. The madness in his eyes, twisted expression, and manic laughter ceased all at once. He was like stagnant water, so silent and still. His eyes were empty and his expression dull.

Hanz was looking at Ezra so intently that if it were just any ordinary person, receiving such a gaze would make them tremble, fall down, and even pee their pants.

Unfortunately, the recipient was Ezra, so such a gaze was ordinary, nothing to sweat about.

"...Your daughter indeed deserves to die. And for you to witness what she becomes."

After dropping such words, Hanz dashed towards Ezra with nothing but killing intent. Even though Hanz was aware that killing such an overpowering Commander was a negative, there was nothing wrong in trying.

Hanz's sight was solely on Ezra. He looked indifferently at the unmoving Commander, as if indicating that Hanz himself was no threat at all, which was why Ezra did not need to make any extra moves.

When Hanz was only a few feet away from Ezra, that was when he felt uncomfortable and instinctively looked above him with Aura covering his whole body this time. But before he even looked up completely, Hanz sensed a powerful attack towards his head, which was when he lifted his arms crossed on top of him. Then, the attack landed.

BOOOM-!

The force and impact were beyond Hanz's imagination. He thought that if he did not cover his entire body with dense Aura, he would have received much more damage than what he received from Ezra earlier. Still, the loud explosion the attack caused, along with the crater where the center was him, was enough to explain the power that single attack held.

Hanz, who was now on his knees, the only support holding his body up was the sword he stabbed in the ground, coughed up a mouthful of blood again. After coughing up and spitting a few times, he looked to where the same energy he perceived was coming from.

Shock and surprise then overcame him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.3K 106 11
Adult content 🔞⚠️ , smut...😍 read ur own rick ❌‼️
187K 9K 51
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
38.8K 1.2K 41
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...
45.6K 4.6K 96
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...