The Benefits- Jikook

By Chulimochi

Jungkook and Jimin are best friends with benefits. Other than their intense physical relationship, the word... More

Intro (m)
Chapter 1: Jeon and Park
Chapter 2: Fight and make up
Chapter3: Brain and heart (I)
Chapter 4: Brain and Heart (II)
Chapter 5: How it started (M)
Chapter 6: Possessive Jeon
Chapter 7: Ice-cream
Chapter 8: "Friendzone"
Chapter 9: Impossible
Chapter 10: One more night (or two)
Chapter 11: Graduation
Chapter 12: Amused?
Preview
Chapter 13: Truth hurts
Chapter 14: Farewell (M)
Chapter 15: It's over
Chapter 16: Closure
Chapter 17: Coping
Chapter 18: Without you
Announcement <3
Chapter 19: You from afar
Chapter 20: Apart
A/N
Chapter 21: New beginning
A\N: Help me think
Chapter 22: The other half
Chapter 23: Who am I? without you
Chapter 24: Back and forth and back
Chapter 25: See you
Chapter 26: Locked in the friend zone
Chapter 27: "Finally moving on"
Chapter 28: Moving on in action
Chapter 29: Unrealistic expectations
Chapter 30: Time flies
Chapter 31: Welcome home
Chapter 32: Familiar touches
Chapter 33: Collab
Chapter 34: Chance
Chapter 35: Square one (M)
Chapter 36: The new you
Chapter 37: Smooth like butter
Chapter 38: News
Chapter 39: Fake news. Real news
Chapter 40: Fiance?
Chapter 41: Why?
Chapter 42: Stupid Jeon Jungkook
Chapter 43: It's a no
Chapter 44: Decision
Chapter 46: Public relations
Chapter 47: Planned and unplanned
Chapter 48: Cock blocker
Chapter 49: A deal
Chapter 50: The launch and the wedding
Chapter 51: A crying session
Chapter 52: "How did you propose?"
Chapter 53: Thirst
Chapter 54: Same old wild animal
Chapter 55: Move in with me.
Chapter 56: Towards the right direction
Chapter 57: FWBS
Chapter 58: Another whole, not half
Chapter 59: Cutting the cake
Chapter 60: Transition
Chapter 61: Still
Chapter 62: First night
Chapter 63: Jimin was here

Part 45: Agreement

2K 148 44
By Chulimochi

Chapter 45: Agreement

Two ex-best friends are in this mess together. Things changed. One is holding a grudge against one another. Yet, they're still on the same side, protecting their family.

'Me and Jungkook, we're getting married.'

He said it. Jimin said it. Not sure what he is feeling right now. It's so beyond his imagination even when Jimin was secretly loving his best friend when he was much younger. Jimin only imagined how Jungkook would treat him like they're a couple, taking him out on cliche dates, hugging and cuddling him, feeding him with his own spoon when they eat and many other sweet couple things.

However, those things never became real since Jungkook always treated him like a friend. And when Jimin was finally about to get those things from Jungkook, it seemed that it's too late. Jimin was not in that mindset of asking for lovey dovey acts from Jungkook anymore. Actually, he doesn't expect that from anyone anymore.

Last week itself, how Jungkook was offering food, asking him to go for dinner. The way he asked, if Jimin is not too full of himself, he's pretty sure it's totally a date. The owner of the heart big doe eyes even asked him to stay over and cuddle. Right, being cuddled. Something Jimin longed for, but who needs it now when he can sleep on his own so peacefully. High quality mattress and bed set, who needs cuddles?

It's true about what they said. Things come how people want when there's no expectations, but this is way too unexpected. It's beyond for Jimin. It's not even about being boyfriends, but in public eyes, Jimin and Jungkook are going to be husbands.

Chuckling at the universe how it plays with his life like this. Has the universe known all along that Jimin has been just a lost soul who tries to do good with his life to distract himself from unnecessary romance stuff? Not sure what to expect from romance. Not sure if anyone would want him that way, and when someone seems to want him, it's because of the benefits.

Is that why the universe threw this into his face? Is it basically saying that this is what he'd get when he ignores his emotions and chooses the 'all about fun' path? For not wanting to feel pain from love, did the universe decide for him to get married without love too?

There are tons of people in the world, and it has to be this Jeon Jungkook, a man that always has that effect on his heart. The man he can never get over, truly. Jimin doesn't want to go through that emotional rollercoaster he created for himself every time he was with and without Jungkook like when they were younger.

Jimin thought he was having it all. Getting to have sex with someone he knows he can trust without emotions being involved. Something to help him relax from working and living life. Is it so wrong to still want Jungkook's presence without having to deal with emotions?

Well, what's the point of asking why is this happening? Why blame the universe for this. It's his action. He chose this path. Things come with reason, and the reason this marriage is happening is to save his mother's company. It's not like they will become real husbands who'd live together and start a real family. It's just the status that makes Jimin's stomach twirls everytime he thinks about it.

Trying not to blame the universe, but still, how mean. The universe knows how he feels about the owner of those stupid big doe eyes, and yet the universe arranged this marriage for him. Therefore, Park Jimin should take this as an opportunity. He'll make the most of it.

Reality has been hitting, and the longer, the more Jimin believes that 'the one' might not be real. There's no promise that he's going to meet the love of his life in the future and live in that fairytale happy ending. It's the fact that he's loved by his parents. Jungkook's parents also love him. Their love is unconditional. However, there's no proof that he'll ever get that kind of love from someone else outside the family. Ever.

This might be the only wedding he'll get to be the groom. Why not just make it his dream wedding? The wedding he sometimes let himself imagine. Even Though this marriage would be just a show, Jimin knows he will miss some amount of fun. It would mean that sleeping with other people is forbidden because that would be considered cheating in the public eye.

Therefore, for this wedding, location, theme, colors, flowers and outfits, Jimin will get them all his way.

Chuckling while turning his car into the gate of his parents house, Jimin parks his car right at the front of the house entrance before he gets out of the car. His thumb scrolled on his phone while walking inside. He should look for wedding theme ideas. There's an app that he likes to go to for inspiration, and Jimin's mood is lightened up by the design. Right, he will have fun with it.

"Hey." Jimin greets the parents right when he reaches the living room. He puts his phone into his pocket. "What did I miss?" It feels like the conversation was going on before he came.

"Come sit." Jimin's mom pats on the empty space beside her on the couch. She opens her arms, gesturing that she wants to give her son a hug. "Thank you." Park Yuna utters once Jimin is in her arms. "Thank you so much."

"I'm willing to help." Jimin pulls back from a hug before he glances at the Jeon parents, giving them a light smile. Not giving Jungkook who's sitting beside his parents at the opposite side of them. "It's not like I have to start a family or actually live with Jungkook. This is completely fine."

The parents look at each other. Jimin's dad inhales deeply, glancing at his friends and wife before he looks at Jimin. It feels like he wants to say something. "Jimin-ah."

"It's just a document and publicity, right? This marriage." Jimin tilts his head, not having a good feeling about this. He can sense something is coming his way.

"Jimin-ah. We're gonna need to talk further about this marriage." Jimin's dad states. "Lee Yunho is a smart guy."

"Yeah, and evil." Jimin nods, shaking his knees while listening. "What else are you guys telling me about? Please."

"As you know, he will watch us every step. He will try to sabotage your relationship, and it's possible he can come up with the potential rumors which would be bad for our reputati-"

"Oh my god. Stop beating around the bush." Jungkook's dad rolls his eyes at Park Seung-ho. "Jimin-ah. You and Jungkook would need to move in together."

"What?" Jimin almost yells. "Me and Jungkook? Need to what?"

"You heard me." Jungkook's dad says, trying to keep his voice gentle. It's his lovely Jimin he's talking to. "We need to make it realistic, and just document is not enough."

Trying to digest it quickly, Jimin lets out a sigh. He can't even go against it. Jimin completely understands how it's something they need to do. Jimin didn't think about that at all. He presses his lips into a line. He doesn't have a choice no matter how much he's trying to think really hard about how to get out of living with Jungkook. "Is there anything else you should know?"

"We're so sorry, Jimin and Jungkook. I'm so sorry for making your life become this way." Park Yuna looks down on the floor, trying to hide her sad emotions traveling through her eyes.

"It's completely fine with me, ajumma. I'm happy to be married to him." Jungkook utters, keeping his gaze on Jimin who finally glances at him. It's more like a glare.

"Can you stop with the bullshit? We both know why you're happy to marry me." Jimin gives Jungkook an intimidating look, and Jungkook is not backing from eye contact. The big doe eyes are trying so hard to show his sincerity, but it doesn't seem like the smaller one wants to open up to feel it. "I also want to clarify that whatever happened between me and Jungkook is casual. It's just physical and not serious. Just because we do things, doesn't mean that we're in love. Romance is never our thing."

Pointless. Jimin just made a pointless point. Did their parents need to know that? No. Did he want to hurt Jungkook? Yes.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Jimin?" Jeon Uee asks Jimin. "You sure you're not going to regret this?"

"I'm sure. I want to do this for you guys and eomma. I just wanted to make it clear that this is zero percent out of love." Jimin says. His last sentence is again, his ego is talking to reject Jungkook, and oh, it feels great. Really.

"Well, Jimin. Then let's talk about things that we're asking you guys to do." Jeon Junki says to Jimin with seriousness in his eyes. "There are things that you guys need to do in public. I hate this fake stuff, but it's needed." He lets out a sigh. "Since this is business related, as I mentioned, you guys are going to live in the same apartment. You guys are going to attend public events together as a couple. By couple, I mean there will be skinship. No need to eat each other's face in public, but you guys need to really act like a real couple. Holding hands or kisses on forehead. I'm not going further on more details. I assume that you guys know what to do. It's even beneficial that you guys are familiar with each other physically. I don't think it'd get awkward." Jungkook's dad is a business oriented man, and when it comes to making things work, publicly. He knows what he's talking about. "I hate to make you guys do this. Call me a bad guy here, but we're in this together, and we're going to make it work. Right, Seung-ho? Will you be ok with them doing that to each other?" He glances at Jimin's dad.

"Yeah." Jimin's dad gulps. He glances at Jungkook. "It's not like my son is super innocent. They've done this behind our back for god knows how long. He's his own person. Ask for his permission. Not mine. Ask your son too. Is it ok with you guys? Do you guys agree to do that?"

"Jungkook made it clear he's fine with that. What about you, Jimin?" Jungkook's dad asks while the moms just look at each other.

"Yeah, I agree. It's not like it'd mean anything." Jimin replies immediately. "I'm not sure if I'd be familiar though. I know how to act soft, but does Jungkook know how to hold hands and kiss forehead? He needs some practice for sure."

Words that hit Jungkook are a big wave from the ocean. He lets out a sigh. "I'll show you I can do those things too." Jungkook utters.

"Ok. Moving on. Other than those things, I think you guys need to somehow go on dates, and be smart with choosing places. We need people to see you guys going shopping, dinner and movies. I'll tell you guys the places and things to do. Oh go to the hair salon or do mani pedi together too."

"So places that people would gossip. Do we have to go that extreme?" Jimin glances at Jungkook who is not disagreeing with anything.

"Only six of us know it's fake. Your friends too, will know that this is a fake marriage, but the point of fake marriage is to make it as real as possible." Jungkook's dad continues. "It can be something simple. Go out for a walk together. I feel like Lee can even send his people to get some dirt around you guys. The apartment is not safe to not act like a couple. Jungkook should get flowers for Jimin, sending them to his workplace. You should go and visit Jimin too, making the employee talk about it. Jimin should also do the same sometimes. Picking each other up is crucial too."

"I'm gonna have to stop you there. There are things I plan on doing without you telling me, and I'm not doing those things because it's your plan. I'm going to genuinely do it. I get it. We have to act like a couple. A real one." It's Jungkook's turn to speak up. He's pissed. His dad steals his ideas. "Just so you know, Jimin and everyone, what I'm going to do would not be just an act. Not from my side."

"What do you mean? Do you actually like Jimin?"

"Ye-"

"Jungkook, stop. I mean it. No bullshit." Jimin doesn't let Jungkook answer. Also, not letting himself open that emotional spot he has for Jungkook. "What else do we need to do?"

"Hmm. Watch the language. Just don't shut Jungkook up like that in public." Jimin's mom says. "You guys will have to live together. Please figure out how to do that."

"Make sure things between you guys won't affect work." Jungkook's mom utters. "I love you guys so much. We're sorry."

"Ajumma, it's no one's fault. Lee is evil, and we're getting mom's company back. One question though. How long is this going for? I mean we can't be in a fake marriage forever." And if Jimin is not wrong, he thinks he can see a glimpse of disappointment in Jungkook's eyes. The taller one immediately looks down on the floor, gulping. Is that a pout? Is Jungkook pouting?

"At least two years. We're planning on getting Ploy back. We're looking for people to own the stocks. It's going to take time because we need to make sure they're on our side to team up and vote Lee out of the picture. Tech companies are going to be our backups, hopefully." Jungkook's dad explains.

"Ok." Jimin lets out a sigh. A frustrating one while Jungkook's sigh looks like a relief one. "Is that all?"

"That's all for now. We'll talk and update things with time. Oh there would be an interview for sure. More than one interview. It's important that you guys are active on social media. Posting pictures of each other once in a while. Up to you guys. Jungkook, you do whatever you want. Now, we can start talking about the wedding plan. We can take care of everything. We can think how it's turning out for you guys, but both of you have to be the ones that talk to the wedding planner. I know it's a lot to ask, but I'm not going back from now."

"Oh?" Jimin tilts his head. "I already have a wedding plan in mind. Are you guys done? Can I tell you guys about my idea? Since I will be in this for a while, I think I'll have fun with this wedding. I have things to propose." Earn a nod from the parents. "Ok, so I would like to limit guests. I'm proposing a small wedding by the beach. With only family's close friends. The number of guests at the reception wedding can be according to you guys, but please keep it small for the ceremony. The theme is blue. And blue flowers. Lots of them. We'll go into details about cards and decorations, but it has to be a blue theme. Light or dark. Also, there's this Korean girl group I like. I'm fanboying them, so I'd appreciate it if we can use our connection to invite Newjeans to perform. Also, no bossa nova background music. Just a simple acrostic music band. Tae will be my groomsman on my side, and he will give toast. Me and Jungkook won't give toast. We'll just say a short thank you and wish the guests the best. Instead of the first dance, I propose we cut the cake or pour champagne. About the food, there should be an endless buffet from the favorite local restaurants which I'm going to list later. The most important thing is, I want Jungkook to walk down the aisle."

"What?!" Jungkook almost yells. He's been listening, and now the last sentence just got his raw reaction.

"You'll walk down the aisle." Jimin repeats, looking at Jungkook.

"What? Jimin-ah I thought... I thought you'd walk down the aisle. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?" Jungkook is surprised. He doesn't know what to say.

"Why? Because I'm a bottom? I can be at the top, if I want to." Jimin says. "Junki uncle will send you off to me." He adds.

"Oh. That's fun." Junki chuckles. "Well, I never thought I'd get to walk Jungkook down the aisle. This can be refreshing even for PR."

"Right?" Jimin chuckles.

"The point is, Jimin, your father should send you off down the aisle to imply that I'll take care of you after him." Jungkook says in a serious manner. He's a dom for god's sake. It's ego or whatever it is, Jungkook is never being sent off. He won't agree to that.

"Are you going to be the one that only takes care of me? I'll take care of you too. This is not even a real wedding. I'm trying to have fun with it. It'd be good for PR." Jimin rolls his eyes as he chuckles.

"This is my wedding too, remember? You can choose all the things, and I'll agree with you, but not this."

"Being sent off by appa can imply the idea of ownership. The ownership from father to husband, and I'm not an object. You won't own me." Jimin states.

That makes sense. Jungkook is attached to his role of taking care of Jimin, and well, it's not in his imagination to be the one who walks down the aisle. It's always Jimin. At that moment, Jimin would look so beautiful, walking to him. Everyone would know that Jimin belongs to him. Yes, Jungkook used to imagine all that. As much as he wants to see that image of Jimin with his own eyes, Jungkook knows this is not only about him. "If you hate the idea of being owned, then we can walk down the aisle together."

"I agree with Jungkook on that. We can have fun. I love the idea of breaking stereotypes, but think about it. If one of you walks down the aisle, people will assume your role in the relationship, and we don't want that. We'd keep it private." Yuna says, earning a nod from Jeon parents and her husband.

"And by the way, speaking of people, it reminds me of one thing that I wanted to propose. We're not using LGBTQ+ as a topic for PR. Our sexuality won't be something to be used to get attention. They can interview us about our relationship. That's already PR, but LGBTQ+ shouldn't in headlines to grab attention. We'll make it normal." Jimin crosses his arms, looking at everyone who's obviously agreeing with their body language.

"I already talked to them about that. We agree on the same thing." Jungkook lets out a light smile.

"We're a hundred percent with you guys on that." Jungkook's dad utters. He's not mad and too blind to use their sexuality for PR. "You guys are already in the movement. Our brand would of course celebrate diversity in sexuality."

"So let's make it clear, we're going to support the movement with our brand content, but our relationship won't be the content. The press can talk about it, but we keep our intentions clear. I think it would be more powerful that way too. We don't need to make it loud because we're already loud." Jimin gives a light smile to Jungkook's dad. He's glad they're on the same page. "Like, we'll join the events to show support, but we won't be a brand ambassador for that. It should be normalized already, and I think making it normal is the best way to normalize it. Seriously, because people nowadays just don't understand and support it by trends. We'd do things genuinely to support them. I don't know yet what it is though."

"My Jimin is so grown up." Jimin's dad smiles, gently. "I'm proud of you."

"Me too." Jungkook lets it slip, earning another glare from Jimin.

"So, it seems like we settle on almost everything. One last question. Who's going to propose?" Jungkook's dad asks.

"Do we need to do that?" Jimin frowns. He hates surprises.

"Me. I'm going to be the one who proposes." Jungkook utters.

-------------------

End of chapter

A/N: Pheww. I'm trying. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 1.3K 10
"why wont mark notice me? Im literally so hot" - He came to the candy shop almost everyday, just to look at her even once. โžต ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ...
343K 4K 29
haikyuu!! one-shots written by a queer girl because i said so. contains: romance angst bromance shipping and the trash that is oikawa both characte...
17.7K 113 7
๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐’พ๐“‚๐’ถ๐‘”๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“ˆ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“๐“Ž ๐“…๐‘’๐‘œ๐“…๐“๐‘’ ๐“๐’พ๐“€๐‘’ ๐“‚๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐’ถ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“€ ๐’ถ๐’ท๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’น๐’ถ๐“‰๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”...
391K 17.6K 66
JEON JUNGKOOK a kpop idol sensation to all was despised of love. But, what if his new manager makes his hate towards love change? PARK JIMIN a manage...