The Benefits- Jikook

Chulimochi

Jungkook and Jimin are best friends with benefits. Other than their intense physical relationship, the word... Еще

Intro (m)
Chapter 1: Jeon and Park
Chapter 2: Fight and make up
Chapter3: Brain and heart (I)
Chapter 4: Brain and Heart (II)
Chapter 5: How it started (M)
Chapter 6: Possessive Jeon
Chapter 7: Ice-cream
Chapter 8: "Friendzone"
Chapter 9: Impossible
Chapter 10: One more night (or two)
Chapter 11: Graduation
Chapter 12: Amused?
Preview
Chapter 13: Truth hurts
Chapter 14: Farewell (M)
Chapter 15: It's over
Chapter 16: Closure
Chapter 17: Coping
Chapter 18: Without you
Announcement <3
Chapter 19: You from afar
Chapter 20: Apart
A/N
Chapter 21: New beginning
A\N: Help me think
Chapter 22: The other half
Chapter 23: Who am I? without you
Chapter 24: Back and forth and back
Chapter 25: See you
Chapter 26: Locked in the friend zone
Chapter 27: "Finally moving on"
Chapter 28: Moving on in action
Chapter 29: Unrealistic expectations
Chapter 30: Time flies
Chapter 31: Welcome home
Chapter 32: Familiar touches
Chapter 33: Collab
Chapter 34: Chance
Chapter 35: Square one (M)
Chapter 36: The new you
Chapter 37: Smooth like butter
Chapter 38: News
Chapter 39: Fake news. Real news
Chapter 40: Fiance?
Chapter 41: Why?
Chapter 42: Stupid Jeon Jungkook
Chapter 43: It's a no
Part 45: Agreement
Chapter 46: Public relations
Chapter 47: Planned and unplanned
Chapter 48: Cock blocker
Chapter 49: A deal
Chapter 50: The launch and the wedding
Chapter 51: A crying session
Chapter 52: "How did you propose?"
Chapter 53: Thirst
Chapter 54: Same old wild animal
Chapter 55: Move in with me.
Chapter 56: Towards the right direction
Chapter 57: FWBS
Chapter 58: Another whole, not half
Chapter 59: Cutting the cake
Chapter 60: Transition
Chapter 61: Still
Chapter 62: First night
Chapter 63: Jimin was here

Chapter 44: Decision

1.9K 163 42
Chulimochi

Chapter 44: Decision

House music is being played as the background of the event. Jungkook looks at the crowd with a glass of grape juice in his hand. It's not his favorite. It's just a nice color for press.

Well, call him shallow, but it has to be that way sometimes in some certain social events to go with things he doesn't like to look good in photos. The purple-ish drinks suit well with his dark gray suit. The event itself is for a cheesecake shop that has a purple theme.

A flash light hits his face. Jungkook frowns. How rude? Shouldn't he be informed before someone takes his photo? Jungkook looks at the source of that flash light, almost giving a glare before he can stop himself.

It's that photographer for one of the famous gossip news sites, and Jungkook better not be rude to him. He's not a fake type, but he's the type to make sure no one can throw something that causes bad reputation to the Jeon family.

"Hello, mr. Jeon. You look beyond spectacular as always." The photographer gives a friendly smile.

"Hello." Jungkook gives a smile that doesn't reach his eyes, implying that he doesn't like his photo to be taken without asking.

"Sorry, you just look so cool. I needed to capture it. I hope you don't mind."

Jungkook doesn't say anything back. "If you don't mind, I'd excuse myself."

"What's the rush? Didn't you bring yourself a date?" The same photographer asks.

"I don't normally bring any date to any kind of event. I think you should go ahead and capture those celebrities. I'm sure they're waiting to be captured." Jungkook says, looking the photographer in the eyes.

"This is a different situation. I mean. Lee Yunho is here, as well as his daughter, Lee Sohee. Shouldn't you be with her now?"

It reminds Jungkook about that rumor or fake news. Whatever it is. They took care of the news, but Lee was one step ahead for leaking a story about Jungkook being close with Sohee during college. People are hyped up over the internet, and Jungkook is sure Jimin saw those photos and contents. The wedding news is not being faded. "I'm not here with her. I have to go talk to the guests. Please excuse me."

"So you guys are not in a relationship? You guys seem close, from those photos. No wedding for us to look forward to?"

And that question actually triggers Jungkook. It's not Lee Sohee he's thinking about. It's actually the other person who blocked his number and threw away his blue roses under his desk. "Well, no, not at the moment. I really need to excuse myself."

"Oppa!"

And the voice Jungkook remembers so well jumps in their conversation that's about to end. Well, shit. The last person he wants in the scene right now.

"Sohee, hey." Jungkook clears his throat before giving a light smile. The young lady is delightful as usual. Jungkook does enjoy her presence, but it's never more than a friendly way.

"Hello." Sohee bows to the photographer. "How are you, oppa? I'm so glad to see you." She approaches and hugs Jungkook out of the sudden, and the photographer again captures it without asking for permission.

It's good for content. Jungkook knows that very well. "I'm good. Busy. How are you?"

"Amazing. I love this cheesecake place so much. I'm so glad it's finally opened in Korea. No need to go to Japan whenever I crave for it." Sohee chuckles tugging her hair behind her ear while smiling at the photographer.

"Mhm." Jungkook decides not to be friendly. He wants to keep it professional. This is already messed up, and he doesn't want Jimin to be more mad when he sees a photo of him and Sohee hugging. "Can you excuse us?" Jungkook doesn't wait for an answer. He just walks away, being followed by Sohee, leaving the photographer to just look at them walking away.

"Oppa. I'm so sorry about the news. My father didn't tell me either." Sohee utters.

"Well, your father is a very smart businessman. Not in a good way." Jungkook says, honestly. "He puts us through a lot of trouble. About the news, with time, it'd be clear that it's nor true. We both know it's impossible."

A glimpse of disappointment is being shown. Sohee is not an innocent girl. She's the bold type who doesn't act cute to get boys. Jungkook knows that. Besides her cute appearance and her evil father, she's smart and cool. "Ah, but yeah, I wanted to talk to you about that too. I mean. I-It's never s-serious between us, but you... y-you know we might want to g-give it a chance." She's not able to hold eye contact. Sohee is confident, in general, but of course, everyone can be insecure sometimes. Especially with Jeon Jungkook. "I mean. It's good for business too. It'd benefit us. We can t-try?"

Jungkook lets out a sigh. "You're a great girl, Sohee. If it was before, I would consider it too, but now, I'm not available."

"Yeah. Yeah, I've got it."

"If you don't mind, I'm gonna need to greet the other guests. Enjoy." Jungkook gives another light smile before he walks away.

The event goes on, and all Jungkook wants is for this to be over very soon, so he can try to reach out to Jimin again. He's not sure what Jimin is doing. All he can do is to just text Taehyung to check if Jimin is fine. No answer, and Jungkook can't rest his mind not knowing how Jimin is, right now.

It's like an emotional mess for Jimin. A couple of days ago, they were told that they'd get married, and Jungkook was so glad, knowing that it was forced, but he was beyond happy to be in that status with Jimin. Maybe the status can give him a chance to make things better between them? To give him a chance to express and prove to Jimin that he's genuine.

Looking around, Jungkook happens to meet eyes with Lee Yunho. He bows to keep that good manners, but he dislikes the man very much. He can guess why Lee shows up here with his daughter. It's to make a fuss. To make the press think there's something going on between him and Sohee which is the last thing he wants. Anyone in the world can believe that, but he doesn't want Jimin to be convinced at all.

"Jungkook."

"Appa." Jungkook utters as his shoulders are being patted by his father.

"We're doing an interview at the backdrop." Jungkook's father informs.

"What? Why?"

"With Lee and Park. Turns out Lee Yunho has been telling the press in this event about our new business. They wanted to do an interview. Obviously, his daughter is also a famous influencer with a big amount of followers. Lee must think it's a good opportunity to give a peek about our new collaboration." Jeon Junki explains.

"Right." Jungkook says, trying his best not to roll his eyes at his father in public.

"Well, you've got some amount of followers yourself. Use them wisely from now. I mean, post something other than food."

"Ok, appa. I'll do that." Jungkook has some 30k followers, and that's just because he's one of Jeon's heirs.

"Let's go to that backdrop. We're doing an interview now." Jungkook's father also let out a sigh.

Following his father to the backdrop, Jungkook bows to Jimin's parents who he meets on the way. Park Yuna in her long black dress with purple jewelry. Something to make Jungkook smile to see his mom in a purple dress with black jewelry and a small clutch. His mom always matches clothes with Jimin's mom at parties and events.

Yuna pats Jungkook's shoulder. She gives a soft smile, implying that she's ok since Jungkook gave her a concerned look. There are six people who are interviewing them, and Jungkook can see which press company they're from by their tags hanging from their neck. This is just a casual interview to give them a little something to look forward to.

Three families are standing at the backdrop. Lee Yunho stands in the middle while Jeon and Park are standing on both of his sides, Jungkook and Sohee end up standing behind the elders. They're still being seen though. Jungkook is tall, and Sohee is not so short herself with a little help from her Valentino high heels.

"I guess we're ready." Lee Yunho smiles at the press, glancing at the parents who nod with their professional smiles which only Jungkook can tell.

"Can you please talk about the new collaboration?" One of the press person asks.

"Well, we're excited about it, but it's in progress. Our three companies are working together to create something big." Lee Yunho says, proudly.

"Yeah, we can't say much right now, but it's about fashion and lifestyle content being combined. It's another platform for younger people to be inspired and be an inspiration themselves." Yuna explains with a smile.

"We're also working with more niche brands which is something we want people to look forward to. That's all we can say. You guys are invited for our launch party. We'd love the support." Jeon Uee says with grace. Jungkook can imagine his mother smiling so gracefully with the press.

"There's a rumor that Ploy magazine is being merged. How do you feel working with Lee and Jeon?" Another press person from a different company raises a question.

"Being merged is such a strong word. Sometimes, we need to change for the better." Yuna smiles.

"Jungkook-shi and Sohee-shi seem to be close, are you worried that both families are going to join as one family? Would it be tough to work like that?" The same interviewer asks.

"No, not at all." Yuna gives a soft smile. "As you all know. Jeon and Park have been best friends since forever. Me and Uee-shi, we're comfortable working with each other. Lee might be the one who's worried."

Lee Yunho lets out a chuckle. "Well, it can be stronger as one family. Jungkook and Sohee have been close since college as you guys know. Sohee admires Jungkook so much. She wouldn't stop talking about him." He says, glancing at Jungkook and Sohee before he holds his daughter's shoulders and brings her to the front.

"Sohee-shi, you're close with Jungkook-shi, is there anything going between you two?"

Before Jungkook can jump into the conversation and say no, Lee Yunho just holds his shoulders with his other arms, pushing him to the front too. Now, Jungkook and Sohee are standing at Lee's sides. "Well, I wouldn't ask such an uncomfortable question. It's their personal thing to figure it out." Lee informs.

It's so obvious that Lee Yunho is leading the story to the romance side between Jungkook and Sohee. The other parents look at each other, having nothing to say. Jimin and Jungkook getting married is off the table, and it makes sense if Lee wants to do that for PR.

It's only fine for now and not a lot longer because it shouldn't be out there that Jeon and Lee can potentially be one family when Jeon and Park are just best friends. Lee's words are not shocking. They had the idea in mind that he would pull something like this.

"Eomma, appa, sorry I'm late." However, Park parents as well as Jeon parents didn't expect to hear a familiar voice calling them.

"Jimin?" Yuna utter, trying to hide herself being surprised.

"Sorry, I'm late. Your assistant told me you guys are here. Is it too late to join?" Jimin lets out a friendly smile. He bows to the elders including Lee Yunho who makes it obvious that he didn't expect him to be here.

"No, come on. Join us." Lee Yunho says to Jimin who's already joining the interview.

"Hello." Jimin smiles at Jungkook and Sohee before he bows to the press.

"Hey." Jungkook's eyes grow big. He can't believe it. Did Jimin just smile at him? But Jimin's next action surprises him even more. Not because Jimin makes his way to stand beside him, but it's because Jimin is actually holding his hand. Not just holding. He intertwines them together as he smiles at the press.

Except for Lee Yunho, their parents step aside. Everyone who's at the back drop can see that hand holding happening with Jungkook and Jimin, and Jungkook knows that someone must have already captured the photo of them. The photo of Lee Yunho in the middle with Lee Sohee on one side while Jungkook and Jimin are holding hands on the other side.

"Whoops. Sorry." Jimin chuckles. "That is out of habit." He informs the press after he lets go of Jungkook's hand.

Smart. Jungkook thinks he gets it right away from what Jimin is trying to do. So it's a yes? Jimin's decision about them getting married. Is it a yes?

"What did I miss?" Jimin asks the interviewers in front of them.

"We were asking about Jungkook-shi and Sohee-shi." One of the interviewers says.

"Oh?" Jimin chuckles. "What is it about them?" He then holds onto Jungkook's thick waist. "Good college friends? Jungkook mentioned her several times. She's sweet and we're excited to work with her and her father, right Kook? Shit. Sorry. Jungkook, I mean." He tilts his head up to look at Jungkook who's still a little surprised. Their eyes meet, and Jimin just squeezes his hand on Jungkook's waist a little harder.

Who is this? Is this Park Jimin who made it clear that he doesn't want Jungkook near him? Putting his arm around Jimin's shoulder, Jungkook lets out a soft smile while looking into Jimin's eyes as if he wants to look for a glimpse of realness somewhere in there. Another squeeze on his waist wakes him up. "Yeah, ahem. We're really excited about this collaboration. I hope Sohee is still a good team player." He says, glancing at Sohee who looks down on the floor at the moment while Lee Yunho keeps his smile on.

The interview goes on a little bit on some personal story. They're not interested in the business as much as Jimin and Jungkook. They totally forget about the Sohee and Jungkook romance story that Lee was trying so hard to create.

The press asks about Jimin and Jungkook being best friends. They're curious if things have changed, but before Jungkook can answer that, Jimin just smiles and changes the topic by mentioning how their mothers have been dreaming to work together and how this collaboration means so much for their friendship.

And for Jungkook, that's smart on so many levels. Making the press become interested in their relationship by making semi-obvious gestures that they are more than friends. Not making it clear about what they are. Instead, Jimin brings their mothers into the spotlight which would give the press something to fuss about. This would make people imagine that Jeon and Park, the best friends, have a very high potential to become a family.

The interview is ended by Lee himself who's left speechless at the surprise situation Jimin just brings. The middle aged man tries his best to suppress his anger, but Jungkook can see it slip in his face. He doesn't have that much time to think about Lee when Jimin is holding his hand, learning him out from the backdrop with their parents.

"Jimin, are you sure about this? You know there's no going back." Yuna tries to keep her voice as low as possible.

"I'm sure." Jimin says to the parents. His hand is still holding Jungkook's. "You guys love me so unconditionally. I'm willing to do this."

Jungkook's mother steps closer and gives Jimin and Jungkook a hug at once. "I love you guys so much. Thank you for this."

"Mom, you don't want to cry in front of people right now, even though this hug is good for a photo, let's not make you cry." Jungkook says while hugging her back, not letting go of Jimin's hand. Hell, no.

"We'll talk after this." Uee utters. "Now me and Yuna have to go for more free cheesecake. Let's go?" She asks Jimin's mom who rubs on Jimin's cheek mouthing 'thank you' before she walks away with her best friend.

"Thank you for this." Park Seung Ho pats Jungkook and Jimin on their shoulders.

"We'll see you guys after." Jeon Junki says before he walks away.

What now? Jimin and Jungkook still hold hands, and Jimin is the one who's trying to pull his hand back, but Jungkook is not letting go.

"Let go."

"So, it's a 'yes'." Jungkook asks. He misses the touch so much. Jungkook's chest feels like it's exploding. The hand holding already makes him want to just pull Jimin into his arms which is not such a right move.

"I'm doing this for our parents." Jimin utters. "Now let go." He glances at Jungkook's hand.

"But still, you're going to marry me."

"It's still a dead no for you." Jimin says. "Technically, this is a fake yes."

"Hello, Park Jimin, right?"

Jimin turns to the owner of the voice. He bows. It's Lee Yunho who's approaching them. "Yes, and you must be Yunho uncle. Nice to meet you." He gives a polite smile.

"You are a delightful young man. Beautiful smile just like your mother." Lee comments, glancing at Jimin from head to toe. He makes it obviously too.

"Thank you." Jimin bows again.

"Well, I didn't know you and Jungkook are a thing." Lee keeps the same smile on his face.

"We're best friends, and things evolve with time." Jimin says.

"Young people. I see. You know how things can change quickly with young people. One day their friends. The next day they're lovers, and the other day, they're back to being friends again."

It's not a secret what Lee is trying to imply. "Me and Jimin's relationship is too strong to be broken." Jungkook squeezes Jimin's hand, not intentionally.

"Well, you're young, Jungkook. A man like you has so many other things to discover. Many better things." Lee smirks.

It's obvious Lee is trying to devalue Jimin, and Jungkook's blood is boiling. "With Jimin, of course." Jungkook says in a firm voice.

"And why does it have to be with him?" Lee frowns.

"It has to be with him only. Didn't our parents mention the wedding?" Jungkook asks.

Jimin smiles. "Uncle. You're going to be invited."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Me and Jungkook, we're getting married."

--------------------------

End of chapter. 

A/N: Bear with me. I promise you more Jikook. 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

271K 15.1K 28
'Come tonight at ten.' 'Okay.' With that curt reply, I went back to the comic app, only to stare at the screen without actually reading the conversat...
585K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
25.8K 1.3K 10
"why wont mark notice me? Im literally so hot" - He came to the candy shop almost everyday, just to look at her even once. ➵ 𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳...
8.7K 121 14
You move to Utah because of your parents job and meet a boy. one that loves you very much. How will things turn out with him? We'll see... !DOESNT FO...