The Seed Of Vengeance (Gundam...

By zer0420

Vengeances is a form of reciprocity in which each deed begets another. Each act of Vengeances is a response t... More

Chapter 1 Planted Seed
Chapter 2 Those Who Call For War
Chapter 3 Stardust Battlefield
Chapter 4 Unhealable Wounds
Chapter 5 End Of The World
Chapter 6 Land Of Confussion
Chapter 7 Memorial
Chapter 8 Blood In The Water
Chapter 9 Return To Battle
Chapter 10 Life Of A Soldier
Chapter 11 The Hidden Truth
Chapter 12 Bitter Hostilely
Chapter 13 Shadows Of War
Chapter 14 The Place of Sin
Chapter 15 Life Remaining and Life Scattered
Chapter 17 Stella
Chapter 18 World Revealed
Chapter 19 Fallen Angel
Chapter 20 Eve of Chaos
Chapter 21 Thunder In The Dark
Chapter 22 Visible Scars
Chapter 23 Hellfire of Destiny
Chapter 24 Winds Of Change
Chapter 25 Forbearance
Chapter 26 Fractured Mind
Chapter 27 Departure
Chapter 28 The Song of Truth
Chapter 29 To a New World
(Finale) Chapter 30 The Final Power
(Epilogue) To a New Tomorrow

Chapter 16 Fleeting Dream

801 39 4
By zer0420

No one's POV

Several hours had passed since he end of the battle against Orb and the Alliance, and after recovering the remains of the Saviour, the badly damaged Minerva had to stop for repair and resupply despite being very close to Gibraltar. Night had fallen, and most of the Minerva's exhausted crew was resting after the grueling battle. In the hanger, Vino and Yolant were looking over at

the crippled ZAKU Warrior and

the dull-grey, shattered remains of what had been Savior.

Yolant: Man...there is no way we're gonna be able to fix that...

Vino: I hear the Freedom did that...

Yolant: I guess even a member of FAITH couldn't stop that one..

From another part of the hangar, Nhazul and Shinn glanced over at the wreckage, an inscrutable expression on Shinn's face, which Nhazul noticed, as Shinn turned and left the hangar.

After leaving as well, Nhazul had made his way to the medical bay, glancing over at Stella, seeing she was asleep. Afterwards, he turned his attention towards Lunamaria, walking over to her, as she was asleep. Injured in the destruction of the ZAKU Warrior, Lunamaria was wearing a cast on one arm and bandages on her head.

Nhazul: How is she?

Doctor: Lunamaria's injuries, included a broken arm and a rather severe concussion. These injuries are pretty minor, so she got off easy.

Nhazul: I see...

Nhazul breathed a sigh of relief, as Lunamaria continued to sleep, he brushed a bit of her hair out of her face.

Nhazul's thoughts: I'm glad she's alright...

(Timeskip)

In the ship's mess, Lunamaria, her arm still in a sling, but otherwise doing well had made her way to the common area after seeing the remains of the Savior. After walking inside, she noticed Meyrin, Vino, and Yolant discussing the recent battle.

Yolant: I don't think we would have made it out if it wasn't for Nhazul and Shinn. Taking out those enemy ships like that.

Meyrin: It's just like against that Alliance fleet when we were in Orb, you remember? They've been utterly amazing, lately. And the way Shinn always yelling commands, like when he orders the launch of one of the Silhouette Flyers.

Vino: Wow...

Meyrin: They're like some kind of super aces or something. It's pretty incredible.

Lunamaria: Meyrin?

The three looked over and noticed Lunamaria walking up to them.

Meyrin: Sis! Are you feeling better?

Lunamaria just looked at Meyrin annoyed.

Lunamaria: What do you mean "are you feeling better?" I can't believe you. I was shot and blown up for crying out loud, and you never came to see me.

Meyrin: But that's because was on duty the whole time.

Lunamaria just rolled her eyes.

Lunamaria:Never mind. I was wondering about Athrun. Do you know how he's doing?

Meyrin: What do you mean?

Lunamaria: I had no idea the Saviour would be trashed this badly. It's pretty unbelievable...

Vino: I still can't believe it went down so easily. Still, he's not hurt or anything. He's unharmed.

Yolant: It's kind of hard to accept that a member of FAITH would lose so badly, but then again it was the Freedom, that thing's one of the most powerful mobile suits ever, after all.

At that moment, Nhazul and Shinn had entered, which Meyrin had noticed.

Meyrin: Nhazul, Shinn.

Nhazul was quick to notice that Lunamaria was up and moving around.

Nhazul: Didn't know you were up and about. How are you feeling?

Lunamaria: Yeah. They did a real number on me, but I'm fine. What about Athrun - d'you know how he's doing?

Nhazul: No, haven't seen him since the battle.

Shinn: The Freedom trashed him pretty bad and took him apart.

Everyone then turned towards Shinn.

Shinn: I imagine he's sitting in his room depressed. It's weird... Why is someone like him a member of FAITH? He doesn't seem to be that strong.

Nhazul just narrowed his eyes at Shinn.

Nhazul: You do realize a title or rank doesn't make you invincible, right?

Shinn just rolled his eyes, walking away from the room.

Shinn: Whatever. Maybe it's because he used to be stronger, once.

He added dismissively, before he left, annoying Nhazul.

(Timeskip)

Sometime later, as Nhazul was walking around,

he had noticed Athrun at Minerva's rear deck. Walking out, he spoke up to him.

Nhazul: Funny how the roles seemed to have been reversed.

Athrun looked back at Nhazul surprised, seeing him walking out and up to him.

Nhazul: Mopping around outside instead of your room now? I guess it's a nice change in scenery.

Athrun: Nhazul...

Nhazul: Luna was worried about you. She asked how you were doing.

Athrun: I see...

Nhazul: You were thinking about the battle, right?

Athrun just looked down.

Athrun: Yeah...

Nhazul: If you're beating yourself up that you couldn't take down the Freedom, don't. I'll be sure to take it down the next we meet.

Hearing this, Athrun looked over at Nhazul.

Athrun: This hatred for the Freedom... Where does it come from...? That battle wasn't the first time, I've seen you lash out at in anger...

Nhazul didn't say anything at first, thinking to himself. As Athrun looked at Nhazul, he could see the pure bloodlust and malice in his eyes. As he went to say something, he was interrupted by Shinn, who had walked out.

Shinn: You can act important all you want... But if you can't accomplish anything, what good is it?

The two looked over and saw Shinn standing by the door

Nhazul: Shinn?

Athrun: What did you say?!

Shinn: This is all the Earth Force's fault! You yourself returned to the ZAFT Forces to fight against them, right? Then get it together already!

Athrun: ...

(Timeskip)

It's currently late at night, and due to his insomnia, Nhazul was currently walking the halls. As he was, he noticed Shinn was walking out of the medical bay, carrying Stella in his arms.

Nhazul: Shinn?

Shinn looked surprised, as he turned to Nhazul.

Shinn: Nhazul!

Walking up, Nhazul noticed that the nurse had been knocked out, before returning his gaze back to him.

Nhazul: What are you doing?

Shinn: I'm going to get Stella out of her.

Nhazul: Get her out of her?

Shinn: If she stays here, she's going to die! They plan on taking her back the homeland making her a lab rat...!

Nhazul just looked at Shinn, before Stella stirred awake, weakly looking at Nhazul.

Stella: Nhazul.... Friend...

Seeing how deathly sick Stella looked, as well as Nhazul seeing how serious Shinn was, made him sigh, as he walked into the medical bay.

Nhazul: Go. Get the hanger and Impulse within the next five minutes. I'll stay here. If I'm here once the alarm sounds, I won't have enough time to get to Sabre to pursue you.

Shinn nodded at Nhazul.

Shinn: Right... Thank you, Nhazul...

Nhazul: Less talking, and more moving your ass.

Shinn nodded and ran off with Stella, as Nhazul checked on the nurse.

Nhazul's thoughts: To go this far for someone he just met... I guess love at first sight does exist...

After five minutes, Nhazul proceeded to sound the alarms, contacting the bridge.

Nhazul: This is Nhazul! Contacting from the bridge. The nurse has been knocked unconscious and Stella is gone.

Nhazul's thoughts: I hope you made it out, Shinn... Stella...

After calling it in, Nhazul left the medical bay after the guards and doctors arrived, and made his way down the hall, where he ran into Lunamaria and Athrun, along with a crowd. Looking over, he saw two guards escorting Rey out from a control room, surprising him.

Nhazul's thoughts: Rey helped him too?

Suddenly, Nhazul heard Meyrin calling him through the intercoms.

Meyrin: Nhazul, report to the hanger immediately to pursue the Impulse!

Nhazul just sighed, as he left to the hanger.

Nhazul's thoughts: It's been at least 20 minutes, Shinn should have had enough of a head start.

Upon entering Sabre and taking off, Nhazul speed off in the direction that Impulse was said to had gone. After another 20 minutes of flying, Nhazul saw the Impulse flying back, as it stopped in front of Sabre.

Nhazul: Did you manage to take her back?

Shinn: Yeah...

Nhazul: Good.

Without warning, Nhazul proceeded to cut off Impulse's arm, as to make it seem like there was a struggle.

Nhazul: Let's go. You're definitely going to have hell to pay when we get back.

Shinn: I know... But I don't care... I wasn't going to let her die...

Nhazul just looked back at Shinn, before the two began flying off.

Nhazul: Right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 255 25
There is a thin line between justice and revenge..
1.3K 8 23
616 4 34
Make sure you read This Is Our World first before you read this book. This book is part 2. Retribution: Punishment inflicted on someone as vengeance...
306 19 28
This is the story of the life of a King who does anything for the well being of his subject. In the process, his only daughter goes missing. His King...