Rishton Ka Manjha - MaAn

By PranjaulJhaveri

Anupama is devasted by the betrayal of Vanraj and Kavya. She picks up herself again for her kids and her fami... More

| ๐™„๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™ค๐™™๐™ช๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ|
๐™„| ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ก|
๐™„๐™„ |๐˜ฝ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ|
๐™„๐™„๐™„ |๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ค๐™จ|
๐™„๐™‘ |๐™Ž๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™จ|
๐™‘ |๐˜พ๐™ง๐™ค๐™จ๐™จ๐™ง๐™ค๐™–๐™™๐™จ|
๐™‘๐™„ |๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ง๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐™ง๐™ช๐™ฉ๐™ |
๐™‘๐™„๐™„ |๐˜ผ๐™›๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ |
๐™‘๐™„๐™„๐™„ | ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™๐™ž๐™ง๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฅ|
๐™„๐™“ | ๐™‡๐™š๐™–๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™๐™–๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ |
๐™“ | ๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ|
๐™“๐™„ |๐™€๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜ ๐™๐™š๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ|
๐™“๐™„๐™„ |๐™๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐˜ฝ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™๐™™๐™–๐™ฎ |
๐™“๐™„๐™„๐™„ | ๐™Ž๐™–๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง|
๐™“๐™„๐™‘ |๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ˆ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ|
๐™“๐™‘|๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š- ๐˜ผ-๐™๐™š๐™ฉ๐™š |
๐™“๐™‘๐™„ | ๐™๐™๐™š ๐˜ฟ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ง|
๐™“๐™‘๐™„๐™„ | ๐˜ผ ๐™๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™š๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ |
๐™“๐™‘๐™„๐™„๐™„ | ๐˜ฟ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™‹๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ |
๐™“๐™„๐™“ | ๐™๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ|
๐™“๐™“๐™„ | ๐˜ผ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ |

๐™“๐™“ | ๐™‹๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ|

769 48 30
By PranjaulJhaveri

Anuj's Aaransh, Thaltej

Anuj returned home after making a partnership proposal to Anupama. He wanted some space for himself to control his overwhelming emotions. It was almost lunch time and he had made it in time. He had done his part and hoped that Anupama would do the right thing. He had been playing with the fork rather than eating his food. GK noticed it and said, "Anuj, What's bothering you? And what was that in the morning, at the Shah House?" Anuj put his fork down and heaved a sigh. He removed his pilot-framed glasses and said, "Anupama's infectious smile has increased my hopes yet I am scared to hope. It has always crushed me down... I want her to reach great heights on her own merit. It's time she gets her due, GK. I know she will make the right decision and she dares to do that. I just wish she can open up about her fears. This is a golden opportunity and from where she comes this is going to be a long ride." GK looked on at him. Anuj understood the implying question and so he said, "Let life takes its course, GK. It was a mistake back then and now it would be stupidity." His tone changed as he recalled the morning incident, "Something is unnerving about the Shahs except for Samar, Kinjal, and Nandini. I would like you to stay away from them. I would like to avoid them as far as possible, especially after my encounter that day as Vikram's encounter did raise my alarms."

"Jo raah kahin pe hai hi nahin
Uss raah see roz guzarta hai
Dil umeed see darta hai
Na jaane phir umeed kyun karta hai"

GK asked, "What if.." The question was understood by Anuj and he replied, "I want Anu to decide without any undue influence. That has to be her call. I did what I had to and as far as I know, she is aiming for the stars. If she refuses then I'll honour her decision. Let's wait till tomorrow." GK spoke up nodding his head dismissively, "I hope you find your answers soon, Anuj."  The twirling of the magnets stopped and Anuj just nodded his head. The lunch was long over. He made his way towards his room before making sure that GK had enough rest. An afternoon nap. Anuj decided to look through his other projects to distract himself. However, Anuj could not bring himself to focus on work after trying for an hour. He took a deep breath and smiled for he knew what he had to do. He walked towards the makeshift studio and looked at the clay that had just arrived a day earlier. The tools were removed and a bowl of water was placed along with a rotating shaft. Soon he immersed himself in sculpting as he believed when nothing works it's better to devote yourself to the supreme being. A belief that had been passed down by his mother.

Sindhu Bhavan Marg, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana

Samar, Kinjal, and Baapuji were looking at the closed door of  Anupama's room. She seemed to be in a dilemma and was lost in her thoughts. They were ecstatic when they got the news of an equal Partnership being offered to her. Thus they arrived at her upscale penthouse to celebrate. However, they were surprised to find complete serenity. They were stunned to see Samar sitting alone on the sofa. Baapuji and Kinjal got the gist of the matter. Kinjal spoke up, "Mummy, is getting such a big opportunity. Instead of being happy for her..How can they do this?" and she trailed off. Baapuji heaved a sigh and said, "This isn't new Kinjal. This has been happening for centuries. The progress of women has always faced oppression and suppression through the medium of societal shackles." Samar interjected, "Why? Mummy only has to fight battles at every stage of her life." Baapuji comforted him and said, "This is Anupama's battle. She has to stand up as well as speak up for herself." Samar said knowingly, "Buddy, met Rockstar after twenty-six years and he saw through her talent. And what the family sees is just a friend. Like seriously?" Baapuji gave a rueful smile and said, "I'll be honest here. I never expected to see such a cheap mentality in my own family."  He hoped Vanraj would have moved on but here he was detesting Anupama's progress. The regressive nature left him aghast and worried. He knew he had issues with Anupama but never understood the depth of it.  He was disgusted and ashamed but he also knew that Anupama had changed drastically and so he hoped that she would make the right choice. 

Samar glanced at the clock and said, "Cool Dude, it's almost lunchtime. You and Bhabs should leave but before that, I think you should knock some sense into her."  Baapuji refuted his suggestion and said, "Anupama is in a dilemma. She needs someone to show her a direction as by the looks of it she has already made up her mind. That can only be done by a friend." Samar and Kinjal nodded in agreement and that's when Devika entered the house. Simultaneously they heard the click of the door. Anupama was making her way to the hall. Baapuji, Kinjal, and Samar exchanged glances. The assurance made Baapuji and Kinjal leave the humble abode even before they could be spotted by Anupama. Devika said, "Anu I have brought lunch as it is it has been a hectic day for you.", as saw Anupama making her way to the kitchen. Anupama smiled at her as she hugged her. The smile reached her eyes. Devika knowingly started whilst putting the plates out with Anupama helping her, "So, I heard, Anuj has offered you a partnership?"  Devika could be insistent and stubborn at times. Anupama gave her a look as if she had seen that coming. She said, "Let's have lunch. This conversation is after it."

Lunch was a silent affair and Samar went out so to supervise the packing and shifting. Devika made her way to Anupama who was in her room looking over Anuj's file and her achievements that were stored in a leather file. "Anu, what have you thought?", asked Devika as she held Anupama's hands gently sitting across the single sofa. Devika made sure as she wanted to hear her best friend's views and opinions. Anupama heaved a sigh and said in a firm yet gentle voice, straightening up the sassy person, "Devika I have grown in these two years. I am discovering a new facet of mine with time. I realized that business is my forte. I like it. There is a certain kind of adrenaline rush that I feel. I want to take up that project but something is stopping me. He has always been the wings beneath my dreams. Unknowingly the next one has been ticked off the bucket list... When I was small, I was always intrigued by the varied and vast rich cultural diversity and history. I was always attracted to it. I wanted to do something to preserve it but also wanted to educate the masses and connect them with the roots in a unique and interactive way rather than the mundane general regular run-of-the-mill. I wanted to get into business and I am doing that because of the academy. I had forgotten what it is to work and understand business strategies."

Anupama took a momentary pause and said, "I know what is stopping me. It's fear. I do not want to fail him. Sorry disappointment is the right word here, I suppose. I know if I look back at my journey from other people's perspectives, it has been quite inspiring. I have the belief in myself that I will be able to pull this off. But I need you, Vikram, and Anuj by my side. I do not want to express that wish openly because I have now been used to finding solace in my own company." Devika looked at Anupama blankly. She was surprised to see Anu putting out the facts straight. For the first time, she realized the psychological impact of the abuse. She was glad that Anupama could recognize it. That was really a big thing. Anu looked at her as till now she avoided looking at Devu being scared about her reaction. This was precisely the reason she wanted to avoid this impending conversation. She said, making Devika snap out, "It's the bitter truth, Devika. I really can't help it, no matter how hard I try. I know loneliness can freak you out but once you get used to it, a habit is formed. The fear stems from the fact that I have found myself alone whenever I needed someone to guide me. I want someone to assure me that it's okay if I falter. Even if I do falter, I would be not called out or admonished publically. The taunts and jabs even at the minutest mistakes still scare me out. It's a different fact that I am still a novice in business and I care less about the world. But yes it will take time for me to get used to love coming all my way. The different language of love which is unfiltered and without any terms and conditions attached."

 The conversation went on for two long hours when Samar walked in, holding a tray having three mugs of piping hot adrak wali Chai, and exclaimed, "Tea Time!!!" The ladies smiled as they silently sipped the tea whereas Samar was looking at Anupama. He was trying to read her. Anupama knowingly said, "Sabarmati, Tonight." The message was loud and clear. Samar widened his eyes as soon as he heard the message. He was beaming with happiness and engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug. "I'll convey the message to Anuj, personally. I need to ask him a few things as well.", said Anupama in a stern voice. The tone made Devika realize that it was going to be a private conversation. Something that had left Anupama distressed. She was all smiles and warded off the evil eye. She decided to let Anupama steer her way through the conversation because she was to convey the message to Anuj herself. She said, "You'll have to fight your way through your fears, Anu. Give it a chance."

Samar twirled her in happiness and went away. He was jumping here and there like a kid who had got his favourite Willy Wonka's chocolate. He closed the door and put forth a message in the group that he had created. It had him, Anuj, Anupama, Vikram, Devika, Nandini, Samaira and Kinjal. He settled down on the bed and listened to music helping him relax. He even wanted to order sweets but restrained himself for he didn't want the new beginning to get jinxed. He looked at the sky changing its hues and muttered, "Dhyaan Rakhjo, Kanhaji"

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj's Aaransh

The ping on his phone made Anuj look up. He looked at the clay silhouette that had taken a form. He was satisfied and contented yet he found something missing. It was imperfect. He felt liberated and a river of joy was coursing through his veins. The plain white shirt was imprinted with clay, the hands were smudged and the hairs were disheveled. It was completely an artist's paradise. He carefully swiped up his lock screen and the moment he read the message there was a full-blown smile on his face. Once again he looked at the figure. It was a divine signal. He walked out of the room after making sure of his messy appearance. He liked it at moments like this. GK and Sheela were surprised to see Anuj in his element. It was rare. It was tea time and so GK knowing the reason for the glow and radiance, said, "Tea?"  The fitness-conscious Anuj was at the bay for a few moments. He smiled and settled down on the dining chair. The smell of the piping hot tea hit his nostrils and he indulged in it. Anuj was living the moment by sipping the tea one sip at a time.

Lambodar tu, Vinayaka tu
Ballaleshwar morya
Vigneshwar tu, ekdant tu
Mayureshwara morya

Vakratund tu, Gajamukha tu, Sidhvinayka...
Gajanana, gajanana, gajanana, ganraya...

Vikram's Nirvana

The message brought a smile to his face. There could only be one reason as he had seen Anupama smiling as he left the office premises. He knew that smile was infectious but he still had his worries knowing her journey. He held Samaira's hand and started dancing around. Samaira was taken aback by the display of sudden moves. It amused her. It was rare to see her father so happy and so she continued dancing with him. The last she had seen her father live his life to the fullest was when her mother was around. She was basking in the love and it is only when Vikram stopped she asked, "Dad, You look so happy. So may I know the reason for your happiness?" Vikram instead of answering her, counter questioned, "Did you read the message in the group?" Samaira in an instant grabbed her phone keeping her files aside. She was startled to read the message. She blinked her eyes to confirm that the partnership was finally happening. She switched on the stereo and asked her father out for an impromptu dance. Whilst dancing she asked a question that had been bothering her. She queried, "Dad, I know Anu aunty is your best friend, and though this partnership is normal for you what changes it? I mean Anu aunty.." Vikram understood the question and where was it coming from. It was time he told her the truth regarding Anupama's past. He said, 'I'll answer your question, princess but over a cup of coffee." Anupama's past had left Samaira jaded. She was shocked yet happy because in the end she had found her silver lining and that's what mattered to her.

Devika's Nilaya

Devika was ecstatic yet she was experiencing raging emotions. The moment Anupama bared her heart out she realized that she was right in her place. The truth was that it had sent her heart racing. Anupama had always come out stronger from the adversities of life but her fears and insecurities were deep-rooted. She needed to heal herself as her coping mechanism to trauma was way similar to Anuj's. She needed to have that one closure with that vile man but Vanraj's arrogance and attitude made it impossible. Devika felt the urge to do something as it was the need of the hour. However, with the small outing at Sabarmati, she had to postpone it and made a mental note to talk to Vikram about it. 

Anuj's Aaransh

Anuj's turmoil was well hidden as a part of him was still restless and clueless. Thus, he kept on looking at the clay idol. He was hopeful yet he felt that it was an injustice. It was as if his feelings were not in control. All these years he did yearn to see her and now when she is close to him, he wants to hug her and ease all her sorrows. The magnitude of love was increasing with each passing day. It was a battle between the mind and the heart. He had to control it rather than jeopardizing the newfound friendship. Anuj Kapadia had always been a master of deception when it came to his feelings. "The heart knows its direction, Anuj. It isn't wrong to fall in love again. Give it a chance, Anuj. Who knows maybe that second chance is worth it all.", said GK who was standing at the threshold of the room. Anuj nodded dismissively and got back to sculpting out the idol. "You can devote and surrender yourself to the Supreme, for the time being, Anuj. He surely knows what he is doing. Leave it to him for you'll find your answers soon." The statement left Anuj jolted for whatever GK told was the truth after all. He heaved a sigh and got back to carve out an intricate piece of fine art.

Shah Household, Bodakdev

The family was surprised to see Baapuji who looked like an excited kid. He had brought with him a box of sweets. He called out to everyone and served the sweets with the help of Kavya. Paritosh and Kavya along with Kinjal had an inkling about the reason behind this small celebration yet they chose to keep quiet despite the pestering. Everyone was gorging on it when Vanraj asked, "These sweets are delicious but what are we celebrating, Kavya?"  The gaze was intimidating which scared Kavya yet she put on a brave face. Baapuji answered, as he looked at Kavya, "You'll get to know soon, Vanraj.", who was about to ask further when Paritosh cut in, "Can we please enjoy for now? Kinjal, bring one more piece please." The celebration continued. Shah house was in a joyful mood without any malice or blame games, jealousy, anger, and pain for the first time. It was plain happiness.

Sabarmati Riverfront, Ahmedabad

The serenity was soothing. There was a figure standing with the support of the railing. It was Anupama. The moonlight along with the dim yellow lamps on the walkway of the riverfront made the place aesthetically pleasing. Her face was angelic and thus on cue, the group spilt up. Samaira - Kinjal sat down on a bench nearby whereas Vikram- Devika walked towards Atal Bridge. Samar had already whisked away Nandini. The only person left was Anuj who now made his way towards Anupama. He stood there maintaining a slight distance and he reluctantly asked, "Anu?" Anupama heaved a sigh and said, "This place is close to my heart. This is where I started my new beginnings. Two years back when I started my second chance at life post-divorce I was scared and nervous yet there was a sense of contentment. I was glad that I did take a stand for myself. I was excited too even though the world can be cruel at times. The impact of that relationship has been lingering, Anuj. I lost my belief in myself. My trust was shattered. I have faltered a lot so this partnership is a huge thing for me because honestly Anuj, every time I have faltered I have been showered with taunts and jabs. I have been constantly subdued. I have been termed as worthless or it is beyond my understanding or I have failed to live up to their expectations. It's a different thing that it doesn't matter to me now but it has left me scarred. So one fine day you get a responsibility, you are bound to be jittery and nervous but more than that petrified..."

Anuj felt the strings of his heart being pulled. This was riveting. He was amazed by her ability to communicate her darkest fears.  He softly said, "The truth is what you choose to believe, Anupama. You have come a long way. The betrayal did hit harder and yet despite that you chose to gather the broken pieces of your heart. In normal circumstances, one would have a sense of bitterness but you keep on spreading smiles like confetti. You fought for yourself despite the heaviness in your heart as I know how much you have valued your relationships. You carved out a niche for yourself through your hard work and dedication. This requires courage. This is gutsy, Anupama. You chose to rewrite your story." Anuj further continued, " I know you are clouded by your fears and insecurities. They are deep-rooted. I have been dealing with them, Anupama. You fear that they might resurface and trigger you. You'll have to make a choice right? Either face your fears and fight them or allow your fears to control you. I know it's a hard choice and easier said than done...Anupama you'll have to start somewhere right?" Anupama simply nodded her head in agreement. She said, "Anuj, I do believe in myself but if I falter will you be there to guide me, and support me? I need Devika, you, and Vikram by my side, Anuj. I am tired..", and with that, she looked at the river glistening under the moonlight.

Anuj just gently squeezed her hands. The message was loud and clear. Anupama just smiled and said, "Call everyone. I'll be back in a moment."  She went away in a hurry and here everyone joined Anuj who was talking on the phone regarding the paperwork that was needed. Anupama returned a few moments later with a box of sweets in her hands along with ice cream. Soon everyone was celebrating the new partnership. It was sheer ecstasy. Anuj spoke up, "Anupama we'll sign the partnership deal tomorrow. It will be kept under wraps. It's just four of us tomorrow along with the core team and staff as the employees will directly come to the office in the afternoon." Anupama sighed in relief as she recalled the media slander when Kavya had filed a complaint. Samar had turned stiff. He then turned towards Nandini and Kinjal, "I need you guys to help with the decorations. Shubh Aagman and then Aaarti. It's a ritual that we do every year and since I have been back to my homeland after ages so I am technically clueless about good decor. I would have taken these three but we need to get the maximum workload done before the Aarti." Soon all of them retired for the day. The ride home for everyone was exhilarating for everyone was excited about the new innings.

Raaste bhaage
Paanv se aage
Zindagi se chal
Kuch aur bhi maange

Kyun sochna hai jaana kahaan
Jaaye wahin le jaaye jahaan
Besabriyaan, besabriyaan

AK Group of Industries, Prahladnagar

It was an auspicious day. The morning brought with it a sense of divinity and positivity. Anupama was wearing a baby pink kaftan paired with cream straight pants ending above the ankle. Vikram was dressed up in a lime green kurta paired with a white narrow pyjama. Anuj had adorned a navy blue kurta with a white narrow pyjama. Samar and Nandini were twinning in greens as they were wine-green kurta with white dhoti whereas it was a sharara with a printed kurti for the latter. Samaira had worn a lime yellow kurti with a slit in the front paired with white palazzos. Devika's attire was a grey anakarli with a navy blue palazzo. All of them were a sight to behold in the traditionals. They were assembled in Anuj's cabin along with a few lawyers. Anuj had already signed the papers and he forwarded the pen to Anupama. She exhaled sharply and looked at everyone who were looking at her expectantly. She closed her eyes for a moment and opened them. She took the pen and there was a smile on her face. The papers were signed. "Let's Rock, Partner", said Anupama as she hugged Anuj. Indeed it was the Shubh Aagman as the dhol tasha played in the background.

Kadmon pe tere baadal jhukenge
Jab tak tujhe ehsaas hai
Jaageer teri tera khajana
Ye tishnagi hai
Ye pyaas hai

Kyun rokna ab ye kaarvan
Jaaye wahin le jaaye jahaan
Besabriyaan, besabriyaan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 2.1K 26
Story Of How destiny brings Anuj And Anupama again in front of each other after 10 years since her marriage. Will Anuj meet her? Will he be part of h...
15.4K 602 12
This is a fiction, that imagines our GauRup in a parallel-verse. To this universe Rupali Ganguly and Gaurav Khanna carry only their names and chemist...
31.6K 3.4K 60
She loved him through her entire life. She loved him when he was a stranger. She loved him when he loved another. She loved him when he married someo...
6K 492 8
Something new and different from the original story .. This will revolve around three couple Anuseena Veyorishma And Cheetosh With some more additio...