𝙄| 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙖𝙡|

The door was pushed open. She shyly lifted her head only to receive a jolt. A jolt that had immobilized her. She was flabbergasted to find her husband hugging another woman. A woman who was married and was quite friendly with her. A woman whom she had known to be her husband's colleague and supposedly her friend. She squinted her eyes again to look at the scenario that was unfolding before her eyes, believing it to be a bad dream. The eyes opened again to get acquainted with the harsh reality. She kept on looking at the scenario as if she was staring at oblivion.

Even before, she could force words out of her parched dry lips, she heard the words she wished to hear in the life she spent with the Shahs, especially from her husband, "I love you, Kavya."  The statement sounded like a jab to her making her rooted on the spot.  It caused a twinge of pain in her heart shattering it into pieces. It was like an arrow that had caused her heart to bleed raw. The hope and dreams she wished to weave today came crashing down.

The deeply kohled eyes were the window to her soul. Her eyes were devoid of any emotions as she was still trying to comprehend the situation in front of her. Numbness is what she felt. The radiant glow of happiness was long gone. The cheeks which were painted in reddish hues in the name of the love she felt for her husband had changed into a blank face that was simply staring at the deception.

The web of lies cleared the fog of the glass giving a way to reality. Anupama realized that her love was one-sided. The love that she heralded for Vanraj was pure and deep. Maybe this is why the unexpected betrayal hit her so hard. The thin line between foolishness and faith had been defined. She had learned her lesson the hard way. Many questions were running through her mind and heart. However, the prominent question was Why? Why only her? She felt a tug in her heart for she had been way more fiercely faithful and loyal in all of her relationships. Relationships are supposed to be beautiful. It has to be lived through cascading moments of life. But all she got was hurt and disappointment. Maybe even more than that which she could not pinpoint at that particular moment. She was oscillating with myriad emotions. She wondered where had she gone wrong all these years. She had devoted herself to this family and shared a different kind of relationship with everyone. Though her heart pained with the constant taunts ill-treatment and insolency that was meted out to her, it was her love that withstood all. Today it was to be a new beginning for her for she had achieved a milestone in the pious sanctity of marriage. The house had come tumbling down like a pack of cards as the foundation had shaken her up from within and thus she had crash-landed leaving behind a deep-rooted scar on her heart. Something had stirred within her and thus she had another realization that the relationship she shared with Vanraj had crackled edges. It was fragmented and had too many missing pieces which she was yet to figure out at the hands of fate.

The floral garland was beginning to give her a burgeoning headache and the heavy wedding ensemble was too much for her to handle apart from the shock that she had received. The thoughts and emotions overwhelmed her, so she collapsed on the floor with a thud.

She continued to look over as Vanraj slowly hovered over Kavya, giving her a slight jerk due to which she straight sat on the bed with a thud. They both were lost in their world staring at each other with love and desire.  He leaned on to kiss her when the sound alerted them both. Vanraj and Kavya were astounded to see Anupama lying unconscious on the floor. They shared a look at each other.  Vanraj's face had turned pale fearing the consequences of his nefarious action and he wondered whether Anupama had seen them in such a compromising position. He was in a tight spot. It was family versus love. An eight-year-old clandestine affair that had been his secret. Though he scoffed at his wife, Anupama but her being in a senseless state petrified him. She had never been his choice or rather say of his stature.  He had never cared enough for her but today he felt a strange yet known emotion called agony overpowering him. One look at Anupama and his heart melted.  Though her face was serene it told a different story. The lady who was the powerhouse of the household was in such an undesirable condition. It pricked his heart and guilt overtook his otherwise stubborn and obnoxious attitude. He stared at her lost in his thoughts. Vanraj was the first one to come out of the blow and took charge of the situation. He coaxed Kavya and told her to get going lest someone sees her in the room with him.

The panic was increasing at an alarming rate for Kavya found herself in a tough spot. The bile was rising in her throat. She was in dilemma. She was starting to get paranoid and hysterical. There was a raging conflict within her for she felt fear and guilt simultaneously. She was unable to comprehend the situation and how to deal with it in a better manner. She looked at her rival for she had been married to her V for 25 years and yet Vanraj had been delaying the divorce. He had the guts to continue the sham of an extramarital affair which was from both ends. Anupama was nothing sort of her. She was a typical homemaker as compared to her. However, she found Anupama to be too gullible, righteous, loving, and deeply cultural.  She was almost close to having a panic attack when Vanraj ordered her to leave the house. It was the right choice at that moment but a part of her mind was occupied with concern for Anupama. Had she learned her truth, the illicit relationship that she shared with Vanraj? If yes, then would she come out in open? Her mind was fearing the repercussions. She decided to run however obscurely. She exited the room in hurry only to leave behind evidence.

Anupama lay on the bed in a deep and peaceful slumber with chaos long forgotten. It was time for a new beginning.

 It was time for a new beginning

Sharp. Shrewd. Arrogant. Hardworking and Dedicated. Obnoxious yet a family person. Paritosh, Pakhi, and Samar's father. Anupama's husband. Leela and Hasmukh's son. Dolly's elder brother and Sanjay's brother-in-law. Kinjal and Nandini's soon-to-be father-in-law. Introducing Sudhanshu Pandey as Vanraj Shah

 Introducing Sudhanshu Pandey as Vanraj Shah

Smart. Sauve. Intelligent. Hardworking and Social Climber. A person who will call a spade a spade. She has various facets to her personality. Vanraj's love interest. Aniruddh's wife. Anupama's so-called friend. Introducing Madalsa Sharma Chakraborty as Kavya Gandhi

 Introducing Madalsa Sharma Chakraborty as Kavya Gandhi

Simple. Grounded. Loyal. Faithful. Loving.  Vanraj's Wife. Leela and Hasmukh's daughter-in-law. Dolly's sister-in-law. Sanjay's sister by heart. Paritosh, and Pakhi's Mummy. Samar's Rockstar. Bhavesh's sister. Kanta's daughter. Devika and Vikram 's Anu. Anuj's love. Kinjal and Nandini's soon-to-be mother-in-law. Malvika's Bhabs. Saveer's Mom.
That's Rupali Ganguly as Anupama Shah (soon Kapadia)

Here goes the first chapter. The characters would be introduced as they enter the story. The changes will be made accordingly. Kindly please do read and give in your valuable comments.