𝙑𝙄 |𝙈𝙞𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝 |

Hudson Yards, New York

GK woke up with a start. He calmed his racing heart being worried about Anuj. The door was locked and he sighed. He knocked on the door and continued for a few minutes. He gave in a furious whisper and the door was unbolted. Anuj's state was a clear indication of his turmoil, who was staring at that the horizon before the day began with his regular routine. The sight haunted GK like anything. He gently dragged Anuj with him and made him sit on the bed. The dressing was changed.
"Till when will this go on, Anuj? Stop blaming yourself for other people's mistakes. Remember Anuj, if you have done something to change the situation and have given it all, then it is pointless as your efforts matter. Had you not done something to change the circumstances, then you have no right to feel remorse. You tried your best didn't you?" said GK patting his head.
Anuj listened to it and nodded his head in acceptance whilst fresh tears threatened to fall.
"You cannot control the actions of others for everyone is different from one another." finished GK, and with that, he left the room giving some space to Anuj to ponder over that ill-fated incident.

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Devika's Nilaya

Devika had woken up with a jerk. She walked towards the room to check on Anupama when she found Samar leaning at the door looking at the petite figure of his mother. They both looked at each other and walked to the kitchen knowing that it was time to have some conversations over tea. Anupama was soaking in the rays of the sun, with her hair loosely braided that was swaying in the air. The cool morning breeze was giving her some solace when Samar engulfed her in a hug. The hug was magical and it brought a genuine smile to her face when she spotted Devika with a tray holding three mugs. She handed over the two cups to mother and son. The serenity was blissful and even before Samar or Devika could speak, they glanced at Anupama, who was deeply thinking about something. She was absentmindedly sipping her tea when Samar kept his head in her lap and let his tears flow freely. Anupama caressed his head lovingly and said in a compassionate tone, "Bakuda, I am fine. Enough of these tears. I am right here for you." She gently patted him till he calmed down. "You, you scared me, mummy. I was worried for you as I have always seen you working tirelessly. I conjured incredulous situations. " said Samar stutteringly. The last statement caused her to crease her eyebrows for surely situations and relationships had changed now. She had a battle to fight. This was seen by Devika. "Mummy, I'll take care of you, now at least till you are completely fine." finished Samar, with a finality in his tone, and went away picking up the tray. The ladies were glad for the privacy.

The fire in her best friend's eye did give her an inkling but still, she wanted to hear from her. Anupama heaved a sigh as it was arduous for her. She voiced out her thoughts as she looked at the horizon. "The relationship was fragmented and hollow right from the start. It lacked sincerity and loyalty apart from the trust. Maybe more things when I look back now. The marriage was a loveless one. It was a one-way street. The efforts were from one side, my side. It is futile holding onto it. My belief has been shaken. All that man has done is simply to order me regarding even the smallest of chores and even passed on taunts on some inconsequential petty things. In the end, hurting me in some or the other way. When faith and love is lost, it is better to end it even though it is painful for me. It's time everyone knows the truth including the kids."
"Are you sure about it? Do you really want this?" Devika counter-questioned.
"This relationship has reached a stage of no point of return. Yesterday while confronting him, I expected answers but what do I get in return? Manipulation. The guts of that man to lead me astray. It has always been about him in some or the other way. Such a self-centered man that he is. I am done with his games. I am tired. Kids are grown up enough to figure out right and wrong. It is for them to decide and as for Pakhi and Paritosh I have already given up."
"What have you thought? How are you going, to tell the truth to the family?", asked Devika after a momentary pause. Anupama was speechless. She was clueless as to how would she reveal the clandestine affair lest she had some proof or unless the family saw it with their own eyes. Heck, she was unsure whether the affair had really ended or it was another lie. She looked up at the sky hoping that Kanhaji would show her some way.