𝙓𝙄𝙄𝙄 | 𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧|

Thaltej, Ahmedabad

Anuj's Aaransh

The serene early morning sunrays hit his face and Samar stirred in his sleep. "Water" spoke Samar in a raspy voice which woke up Anuj. He rushed to Samar, gave him water, and checked his temperature. "Are you okay? How are you feeling now?" asked Anuj to which Samar nodded his head in acceptance which led to a bout of pain in his forehead. Samar winced a bit. "It's okay, boy. You have a gash on your forehead so that will hurt a bit." answered Anuj softly. "I feel groggy." spoke Samar as he took a look at the unfamiliar surroundings. He laid down back on the bed and fell asleep again. The fever was still there. Anuj rushed out of the room and requested Sheela to prepare the soup. The conversation had awakened Vikram. The sight had him enamored. He went ahead to check on Samar. He was okay but the gash was a concern. He video-called Anupama. "Vikram, where is he?" she questioned through her eyes and Vikram turned the camera towards Samar. "He is fine. He has a mild fever. Once he is better, I'll bring him home. You take rest, Anu." and with that, he hung up. Vikram walked out of the room.

GK had the tea prepared for his boys knowing that they badly needed it as they came and sat at the dining table. "Vikram, Did you find out about his family?" inquired Anuj to which Vikram nodded in approval when he spotted a dressing on Anuj's head and hand. "Anuj, how did you injure yourself?" counter questioned Vikram. Anuj sighed. "I am okay. That boy was crying and there was a speeding truck behind him." The statement gave an inkling of the event that had transpired last night. Vikram's hold on the cup got tighter which was seen by Anuj and GK. He was trying to reign his temper when Sheela brought the soup. Anuj thanked her and left with the soup to towards the guest room along with GK.  

Anuj gently woke up Samar and spoke in a soft voice, "I want you to finish off this soup so that you can have a paracetamol." Samar woke up albeit disoriented. The weakness made him fumble so Anuj made him have the soup. Samar obeyed as at the door was standing a figure who clearly looked cross which was seen by Sam from the corner of his eyes. GK left after asking about his well-being. The soup gave Samar gave some energy. He sat on the bed keeping his head on the headrest while Anuj handed over the tray to Mohan.  "Better, boy? Normally sick people throw a lot of tantrums whilst having a bland soup so it just surprised me." questioned Anuj.  Samar coughed a bit and said "yes" in a hoarse voice when he spotted Vikram entering the room. Samar averted his gaze which made Anuj turn. "You here?" asked Anuj. "He would have not drank the soup, Anuj if I was not standing at the door." spoke Vikram in a stern voice. The statement surprised Anuj. The closeness left Anuj confused. "Partner, Please." answered Samar looking down. "Samar, look at me when I am talking to you," spoke Vikram seriously. "Sorry" muttered Samar under his breath which was audible to Anuj. "Say sorry to your mother, Samar." counterattacked Vikram. Anuj intervened, "Vikram, control." Vikram took a deep breath and looked away. "You have let me down, partner." spoke Vikram in a disheartened voice as he left the room after looking at him. 

Sindhu Bhavan Road, Ahmedabad

Anupama's Ashiyana

Anupama barely slept. She kept glancing at the frames on the wall in Samar's room. She was so used to having Samar by her side. She was so lost in the memories and ultimately caught a wink of sleep when the sun rays hit her face and she stirred. It was morning. She woke up and found a hold over a hand. The figure snuggled into her as she tried to entangle herself. She gently removed the hands and covered the sleeping figure with a blanket.

Soon she stepped into the hall when the aroma of tea hit her nostrils. Devika who had just transferred the tea to the cups looked at her. She took the tray and kept it on the coffee table of the balcony. She dragged Anupama with her and coaxed her to take care of herself. Anupama had just taken a sip when her phone rang. It was Vikram. It was a video call. Devika stood up and went near her so that she could have a glimpse at Samar while Anupama answered it. Devika initiated the conversation whereas Anupama kept on looking at her son who was sleeping. The injury scared her but her inhibitions were put to rest as Vikram assured her who had understood her silence very well.