Rebirth of Poisoned Empress...

By alyun100719445

Shen Liang was beautiful and cold like jade, but he was also extremely cruel to his enemy. Pei Yuanxian who k... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Untitled Part 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128

Chapter 48

2K 61 9
By alyun100719445

"Just them and they want to bully me? How can that be so easy?"

"Yes, yes, yes, our family's Xiao Chao is the most impressive."

"Ge..." the two brothers fought, oblivious to the onlookers. They slowly dispersed while Shen Liang watched the two brothers from a close distance. Nostalgia and envy bloomed in his gaze. When his brother was still home, he protected Shen Liang similar to how Xiang Qing did for Xiang Chao, and perhaps even more fiercely. It was a shame that in his previous life, Shen Liang wasn't even able to see him for the last time before he died. 

A hand suddenly patted his head and a deep, low voice followed, "Little one, it's not like you to cry."

"Duke Qingping!" accompanied by the exclamation, those who still remained swiftly turned their head in shock. When many ladies saw him, peach blossoms bloomed in their eyes. Even the Gers found themselves anxious. If Shen Liang's beauty was an insurmountable androgenous beauty, then Pei Yuanxian's beauty was of peak quality among men. Who knew just how many Gers and young ladies wanted to marry him. It was a shame that while the goddesses had such intent, the king was unwilling. 

Roar!

"Ahh!Ahh!"

"There's a tiger!" 

A beast's roar pierced the sky. Be it the women infatuated with Pei Yuanxian since his arrival or those who were suddenly shocked by his presence, they were all frightened by the beast, including Shen Xiao and the rest of his group who had all been so aggressive before. Their faces turned pale as their bodies turned stiff as a stones. Their eye gaped at the white tiger without a single stray fur of another color standing beside Pei Yuanxian.

Ignoring the females frightened with pale faces, Pei Yuanxian's slender fingers extended to stroke the white tiger's back, "Xiao Bai, quiet."

Xiao Bai? *Literal translation of the name of the tiger is little white.*

Such a giant tiger? What part of him was small?!

"Awl!" the tiger who was majestic just a second ago whimpered and whined as it rubbed its head against Pei Yuanxian coquettishly. Shen Liang, who had fell into silence and grievance from thinking of his brother turned to look at them. The pain in his heart gradually dissipated. He had heard of Duke of Qingping's love for ferocious beasts and even going so far as to clearing several courtyards out in his manor for them. Now it seems like the truth was not far off. If he remembered correctly, didn't he also bring a red fox with the same level of purity in his fur coat color as this white tiger the last time?

And for him to bring the king of the mountains to the Elder Princess's banquet, is he sure he wasn't here to stir up trouble?

The more he thought about it, the more Shen Liang felt it was highly possible. Shen Liang felt a migraine coming and held up his hand to press against his temple out of reflex. When he raised his eyes, he discovered the perpetrator of his headache looking at him with a smile as he retracted his hand.

"What is little one thinking of?"

You're the little one! If we count my previous life, who knows how much older I'd be than you?

But Shen Liang only dared to say these words to himself. After rubbing his temple, his gaze swept over the white tiger. He wasn't sure why but he wasn't afraid of the beast at all. Rather, he felt the tiger was pretty cute.

"Say, little guy, you haven't fallen in love with this lord's pet, have you?"

"....."

Can your f*cking imagination get any more ricker?

Shen Liang felt his view turn black as he suddenly had the impulse to chase the other party away. He simply felt something wasn't right with Pei Yuanxian's presence here today and really didn't want to bother with him at all!

"So this is General Shen's younger brother?"

"Ah... Young master Jing!" a clear, spring voice called out. Shen Liang searched for the source of the voice but before he could find the other party, exclamations from the giddy women sounded one after another in the crowd. 

Compared to Pei Yuanxian's aloof personality, Jing Xiran was more approachable. When he heard the enthusiastic responses to his arrival, he did not shy away, but instead swept his gazes over the crowd and delivered a smile that instantly fascinated them. 

"Young master Jing." perhaps such a man, gentle and refined, was just popular. However, it was also this type of man that Shen Liang despised the most. Even though he knew the other party was harmless to him, and perhaps even friendly, he subconsciously put some distance between the two of them. Shen Liang greeted him in a tone that could not be said to be alienating. Others probably couldn't discern the slightest problem with his greeting, but Pei Yuanxian, who had developed more or less of a general understanding of Shen Liang was able to see through him immediately.

Hence, the smile on Pei Yuanxian's face deepened. His previous dissatisfaction from knowing that a certain someone had designs against his person was immediately soothed.

"I never imagined General Shen to have such a beautiful younger brother. Even this master feel tempted and moved, "Jing Xiran's smile was not only radiant, but he had a handsome appearance as well. Even when standing beside Pei Yuanxian, he did not appear inferior in the least bit. Hence, he had many admirers in the Imperial City as well. 

Just as his compliments fell, Shen Liang felt as though the stares of onlookers threaten to swallow him alive. 

"Young master Jing is too flattering," if Shen Liang's previous actions to distance himself could be said to have been done subconsciously, his actions now were a firm decision he made now. They had just met, and the other party had already made many more enemies for him. If they continue to interact in the future, wouldn't he be despised to death by the entire world?

"Duke of Qingping. Young master Jing," it was unclear whether Xiang Chao had the intentions of helping Sheng Liang out of the awkward situation or if he had done it naturally, but Xiang Chao took the initiative to step forward. Shen Liang withdrew quietly and just as he was about to step away from the circle of the three evildoers, Pei Yuanxian's gaze pinned on him as he restrained him where he was, preventing him from withdrawing any further. Shen Liang looked at the three men, and then looked at Shen Xiao and his group. He had no choice but to remain where he was and continue to suffer from the envious gazes of others. 

"Shen Liang, you know the Duke of Qingping and Young master Jing?" As Xiang Qing exchanged greetings with Jing Xiran, Xiang Chao silently moved to Shen Liang's side.

With his words, he looked up at Pei Yuanxian and Jing Xiran as Shen Liang said rather indifferently, "I was fortunate to see the Duke of Qingping before twice, but this is the first time I've had the honor of meeting Young Master Jing."

"That's good. That's good."

"En?" 

Hearing his response, Xiang Chao breathed a sigh of relief. Shen Liang looked at him, perplexed. What was good?

Noticing his gaze somewhat belatedly, Xiang Chao's faint ears flustered. He hesitated to speak before Shen Liang's look, and peered timidly at Jing Xiran. Shen Liang, who followed his gaze, raised his eyebrows. It can't be? Xiao Chao likes Jing Xiran? What was there to like about that smiling tiger?

It was as though Shen Liang had forgotten that in his previous life, he himself had fell for a man who hid his true face behind an elegant smile as well, unable to extricate himself from his dooming love. For a gentleman like Jing Xiran, who had a gentle and handsome appearance, which youth didn't like him?

Shen Liang patted him on his back as he whispered to Xiang Chao, "You sure have it hard with so many love rivals."

"...."

Exposed? Was he that obvious?

Xiang Chao's pupils shrank but he wasn't anxious the least bit. He wasn't afraid of Shen Liang leaking out his admiration for Jing Xiran. Rather, he felt as though an outlet was found for his silent love for the other party for so many years. Xiang Chao whispered in a low voice, "Young Master Jing is a good man. Liangliang, say, do you think Young Master Jing will agree if I had Father take the initiative to head over to the Marquis of Huaiyang Manor for betrothal?"

"....."

This time, it was Shen Liang who felt speechless? How did the topic suddenly turned into talk of marriage? Although he wasn't sure whether the Marquis of Lin'an would agree to marry him into the Marquis of Huaiyang, but he was sure if this matter leaked out, Xiang Chao's life wouldn't be a good one. Although the Qin Kingdom was relatively open, it wasn't to the degree that would all a Ger to take the initiative and ask to be wed. If others knew of the matter, they would question the sanity of the Ger, much less the Ger in question being someone the society had always looked upon favorably from an affluent family. 

"Xiao Wu, you're close to the Duke of Qingping?" at some point in time, Shen Yang had approached them. Together with him were Shen Xiao and Shen Qiang, both of whom harbored awkward and strange expressions, as well as Shen Qiao and Shen Jing who had come to the gazebo at some point as well. Besides Shen Wang, who was younger and didn't come, the entire younger generation of the Shen Family were all present. 

"No, but when I was chased by bandits, it was the Duke who lend a hand and saved me whilst passing by," his gaze swept over Shen Xiao the sister-brother pair as he spoke. There was a tinge of mockery in his lips. Although he wasn't sure why Pei Yuanxian suddenly exposed their familiar relationship here today, Shen Liang trusted that he had his own designs. He didn't have any excuse not to cooperate. After all, with the Duke of Qingping being his backing, those random dogs and cats would at least think twice before provoking him. It was for the best!

"No wonder," Shen Yang nodded while peering back at Shen Xiao sibling pair with amusement. Back then when Shen Liang came back with the corpses in tow, he had also wondered why Shen Liang did that. After all, Shen Liang was different from Sheng Da and didn't practice any martial arts. The five years at the countryside had weakened his physique. It was already fortunate that he was able to escape from the clutches of those bandits. How was it possible for him to actually turn around and kill them as well? But if the Duke of QIngping had a hand in the matter as well, everything was explained.

This d*mn Duke of Qingping! 

Compared to Shen Yang's interpretation and reaction, Shen Xiao was annoyed. Their plan had been flawless! Had the Duke of Qingping not interfered, Shen Liang's reputation would have been ruined a long time ago. Their uncle would now be an affluent general and how could they be reduced to this situation where both his mother and his uncle's reputation were threatened?

Shen Qiang shared his aggravation. No matter where she went, she was exclaimed as Imperial City's number one beauty. She had always been the center of focus and attention. But now? Who paid any attention to her at all? She had deliberately lulled the daughter of the Jiang Family who was easy to envy but had no brains here to use her to humiliate Shen Liang in public. But in the end? Not only did Xiang Chao defend him, even the usually aloof Duke of Qingping stepped up on his behalf. Why? Based on what? He was nothing more than a b*stard with a dead Dad and Father didn't even care about. Why did everyone protect him?

If possible, Shen Qiang wished she could just pounce over and bite him to death right then and there.

Although not as evident as Shen Qiang's dissatisfaction, Shen Qiao and Shen Jing also felt dissatisfied. They had done everything to be skilled, talented in both literature and arts, virtuous and noble, and prominent in calligraphy and painting. But why? Wasn't everything they had done so that they could have more choices, meet more people, and pave more options for their future? But all of this, Shen liang derived for himself so easily. Whether it was Duke of Qingping or the Young Master Jing, bother were among the most affluent and promising men in Imperial City.

"Shen Liang," as the three of them were immersed in their envy, Xiang Qing turned around and walked over to Shen Liang. He stood in front of him and said kindly, "Your brother and I were good friends. Xiao Chao also seems to like you very much. In the future, if you have time, remember to stop by out Lin'an Manor and hang out."

Perhaps because affection towards one extended to the other party's close ones as well, but Shen Liang could sense Xiang Qing's good intent and compassion.

"Alright. I will definitely find a time to pay the Marquis and Young Master respects another day."

"Haha... don't keep calling me 'Young Master, Young Master.' If you don't mind, you can just call me Qing Ge." He didn't expect Shen Da's younger brother to be so courteous. No wonder when Shen Da's mouth was filled with praises for his younger brother, Xiang Qing had also developed a good impression of this younger brother of his friends for no clear reason.

"Qing Ge," Shen Liang wasn't a stringent person. Since the other party was his brother's close friend, then Shen Liang was willing to call him by that title. What he remained oblivious to though was the moment he called out to Xiang Qing, the smile on a certain someone's face immediately vanished. The temperature surrounding them immediately dropped to a freezing point. Jing Xiran, the only one who realized this, pursed his lips to prevent his amused smile from showing. He hated that he couldn't immediately tease and toy with his friend right then and there.

"Paying respects to the Duke, Young Master Xiang, Young Master Jing, Duke Jian. The Duke of Jian has sent an invitation for Young Master Shen, please come along," a eunuch came over and respectfully paid his respects to Pei Yuanxian and the other three parties while giving Shen Liang a meaningful gaze. 

Was it finally time?

Shen Liang's eyes darkened. He seemed to have really underestimated Liu Shuhan. If everything in his previous life was nothing more than a coincidence, then what about now? How could anyone explain this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298K 17.3K 18
"ဘေးခြံကလာပြောတယ် ငလျှင်လှုပ်သွားလို့တဲ့.... မဟုတ်ရပါဘူးဗျာ...... ကျွန်တော် နှလုံးသားက သူ့နာမည်လေးကြွေကျတာပါ.... ကျွန်တော်ရင်ခုန်သံတွေက...
265K 25.8K 62
Ryan and Aaruhi The story of two innocent hearts and their pious love. The story of one sided love. The story of heartbreak. The story of longing a...
1.3M 69K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...