RWBY: The Remnant Past

By GreenKing309

Remnant: the definition of remains of something. it has been like this for a millennium. But when The Old Wor... More

Prologue
UCSA bio
Trailer
UCSA Army
UCSA equipment (updated)
UCSA Vehicles pt. 1
UCSA vehicles pt. 2
UCSA aircraft
UCSA Navy
UCSA Airships/starships
UCSA Mechs
UCSA robots
UCSA buildings
UCSA defense
UCSA superweapons
USCA fortress
Atlas army
White Fang
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 pt. 1
Chapter 6 pt. 2
Chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 12
Atlie
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
???
Chapter 16 pt1
chapter 16 pt2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapters 19
Chapter 20
Bloopers
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
???

chapter 11

372 13 11
By GreenKing309

Team FWAN look at the scene with bewildered expression when they got back to Beacon.

All around was destroyed robots and looks like remnants of a fight. with Weiss holding what look like an older version of her. And Ruby with a man who looked drunker than a Russian who drink vodka.

"Can someone please tell us what happened?" Nathanial said to the team as they went to the two after Ozpin and Glynda broke up the fight.

"Well, we are talking to my sister, Winter, on what was going on around here. Including my Proformance in the sparing class, then her uncle attacked one of the AK-200s behind us, destroying them. And he Accuse US to be weak, which made my sister fight him. it goes about for a few minutes before Ironwood, Ozpin and Glynda stop them." Wiess summarized for the team, which still had confused faces.

"It was Awesome! It was like bang clang swoosh" Ruby said to FAWN as she begins to make fight and sword noises.

"Okay, we will be at our Dorm, see you later." Alice said before she and her team went into beacon.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ozpins office, Beacon Academy

"What were you thinking!?" Winter said to the drunk. As she, Ironwood, Sulfur, Qrow, Ozpin and Glynda look at him while tom is facepalming. 

'Really? you could've caused much damage if Ironwood didn't stop you two.' Tom thought in his mind.

"If you were one of my men, I would have you fired!" Ironwood said to Qrow.

"If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself." Qrow fired back as he brought a flask out.

"While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation." Glynda said to winter as she was the one who created the fight.

"I agree Winter, what you did was... unprofessional. you made the kingdoms think we're incompetent." said the Dr. 'which is not wrong.' 

"He was drunk!" Winter exclaimed.

"he's always drunk!" Glynda fired back as all of them looked at Qrow who was starting to take a drink but not before Tom snatch it out of his hands and took a swig for himself, causing Winter and Qrow to look at the man in shock.

"What?" The man asks "I didn't have a drink in centuries after I was trapped in that bunker. so, I need to have this." He continued to defend himself.

"Ozpin, who's that? and Why did he stole my drink?" Qrow asks the headmaster as he and Winter grab their weapons in a fighting stance. 

"Calm down you two, this is the man I talk about after one of our informants got the attention of another group. He was the one who claimed to fight them." Ozpin explained to the two.

"Huh never thought a Grimm join us." Qrow said.

"Don't say that." Sulfur said to Qrow. "He hates the word."

"What? Grimm?" 

"Yes. because I don't believe that I have done anything to get the name of Death itself." Tom said to Qrow while trying to hold his anger inside.

"Whatever. You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here." Qrow said to the people around the room.

"We know." Ironwood said as he sits on Ozpins desk and look at Qrow who looked irritated.

"Oh! Oh, you know! Well, thank goodness I'm out there risking my life to keep you all informed!" Qrow shouted.

"Qrow, you need to understand-" Sulfur was about to explain before being interrupted by Winter.

"They had reason to assume you'd been compromised."

"Communication's a two-way street, Ice Queen. You see this?" he as he put out his scroll. "that's the send button. And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here. Seriously who invited her?"

"Winter, can you go to your sister? I think you might want to have a chance to catch up." Sulfur asks to Winter kindly.

"I only follow orders from the general doctor." Winter growled out.

"He's right Winter, have this time to relax, I will handle him." Ironwood said to Winter who look shock.

"But sir, your stressed out." Winter objected.

"I will handle it; besides, we will have the discussion about the incident." Ironwood reasoned. 

"Yes sir." Winter said as she begins to leave, but not before giving Qrow a glare to which he smirked.

"So Qrow, what did to find out?" Ozpin ask the drunk man.

"Go on, we're listening." the General said.

"Your little infiltrator isn't just another pawn. They're the one responsible for Autum's condition." Qrow said as he took back his flask.

"What?" Glyda asks in shock.

"that's troubling, giving your reports, the one who done that is very dangerous." Sulfur said to the group as he was still new.

"Despite what the world thinks, we're not just teachers, Generals, Doctors, or even Headmasters. The people in this room, including the leaders of the other academes, we're the ones that keep the world safe from the evils no one even knows about!" Qrow ranted before going into Ironwood's space. "That is why we talk behind closed doors! what you did, General, was completely the opposite! So, you tell me, James, when you brought your army to Vale, did you think you were being discreet, or did you just not give a damn!?" He shouted at the general.

Ironwood look at him for a few moments before sighing. getting off of Ozpin's decks, he spoke. "Discreet wasn't working Qrow." he said as a hologram of Vale, Beacon, Amity, and his fleet. "I'm here because what was necessary."

"You're here because Ozpin wanted you here!" Qrow rebuked. "He made you a part of the inner circle and opened your eyes to the real fight that's in front of us!"

"And we're grateful." Sulfur tried to reason with Qrow.

"Oh, well, you two got a funny way of showing it."

"The people of Vale needed someone to protect them; someone who would Act. this is not about Her anymore Qrow, It's about Them." Ironwood said.

"And who are they you guys are worried about?" Qrow ask.

"What They did made them so dangerous. This was proven by the countless attacks on the villages on Vale." Ironwood said "when my men got there, including team CFVY, found bodies of villager that were shot, beheaded, hanged, or even skinned. the ones that were shot in a row of what looks like a mass grave had bags on their heads, with an unknown Symbol. It was found out by your niece, and Tom here, that the Symbol is called a swastika, it was use for peace and good luck, but a group, called the Nazis, change its meaning entirely." Ironwood explained to Qrow.

"What did it turn into?" Qrow ask, curious about the new meaning.

"Hate, fear, oppression, genocide, and those are a few names on that list on the new meaning of it." Ozpin answered, making Qrow with wide eyes.

"And Oobleck, with RWBY and FAWN found an occult-styled group of these basterds on Glenn. they were trying to raise the dead, Qrow." Tom finished off with Qrow having a pale face.

"So, with that in mind Qrow, I didn't have a choice, the Nazis are planning something big. that's why I and my soldiers are here, to keep the people safe from both." Ironwood said to Qrow which cause him to make a look.

"Have you been out on the field general?  I've been out there, and I've seen the things she's made, and let me tell you, they are fear." Qrow states to Ironwood.

"I know that Qrow. But you need to understand that there is a difference between these two. both have the power to cause chaos, and I fear that one of them is more powerful than the other." Ironwood states.

"And fear will bring the Grimm. a guardian will bring comfort Ironwood, but an army is a symbol of conflict. There's an energy in the air now, a question in the back of everyone's minds." Ozpin said to the group before gesturing to the display. "If this is the size of our defenses, then what is it we're expecting to fight?"

"Si vis pacem para bellum" Tom said in Latin. much to the confusion of the Ozpin and the group.

"What?" Ozpin asks.

"If you want peace, prepare for war." Tom announces the quote in English. "The shadow war you been fighting Ozpin, will come to the light. you must prepare for the incoming war. For if you continue to hide it, the people will be caught off guard, and the Nazis will be terrifying for them because they don't know what they WILL do." Tom continued staring into the eyes of all the people gather, they can see the look on his face that what he experiences with them, is not good.

"So then." Ironwood began as he turns off the display. "what would you suggest we do?"

"For her, I might suggest we find our guardian, for them, I don't know yet. but I know we can't wait for them to make the first move."

________________________________________________________________________________

"It seems that the doubles are coming up." a hacker said to his partner "and look what we have here."

"Target Ash's goons." his partner said.

"Yep, now we can let the randomizer do its thing, OR we can rig it to have one of our spies to fight them."

"Oh, you sneaky worm, I like it." the hacker's partner said before he and the hacker quickly rig to have Emerald and Mercury to face Jack and Kelly.

"Now let's wait for the show." the Hacker said.

"let's add one more thing." the hacker's partner said before putting up a smile

________________________________________________________________________________

"The randomization process is complete! Ladies and gentlemen, your doubles tournament line-up!" Port said to the cheering crowd.

Cinder clapped with the crowed, however, inside she was facing concerned. 'I thought it was disabled.' Cinder thought about the virus, however thought nothing about it for now.

"And this is a very rare fight! Emerald and Mercury of Haven! verses Jack and Kelly of Shade!"

"This is the first time we have people who don't use color as their names for a while. they are very rare indeed."

The Colosseum chooses four fields to rise up from below in quarter sections: A patch of tall grassy plains which has a single tree and some rocks and a hot spring, but two areas look the same. both look like old cities.

"Three, two, one, begin!" Port said.

as they begin to battle, Emerald tries to use her semblance again only for the same man appeared in front of her before her vision went out. when she comes to, she found herself in an expanded version of the areas she was in, suddenly she begins to hear a song.

as she begins to look around for the singer, she suddenly has a chill behind her back. there as she looks at him in the eye, was the ripper himself.

"Hello young lady." the man said in mockery. "I heard you don't fear me, well, Let's test it out." the man said before taking a knife out, ready to stab her, she just barely doge the blow, but her aura is almost depleted after the knife barely cut her, as if her aura wasn't even there.

before she has any time to think however, the Ripper was on her like a Grimm, charging at her with speed that was considered impossible, even with Ruby's semblance. she continues to doge, but she was being outclassed, and a lucky strike by the Ripper was blown by punching her in the abdomen, the Ripper made sure that Emerald's air was blown out before he begging to strike with his knife on the arms and legs before choking her out.

Emerald tried to get out of the man's grip, but her body was shutting down on her and begins to close her eyes.

Meanwhile in the real world

'I might have overdone it with my semblance, but who cares for that?' Jack thought in his mind as he began to fight Emerald while his semblance activated, pulling out his weapon, Sliver lady, A 40.cm pistol that transforms into a knife and begins to do what the Ripper did with Emerald while his semblance was activated. but she was knock out when he got her with the knife.

he takes this chance to look at his teammate battling with Mercury. Mercury begins to use his weapons and his legs to try to outmaneuver Kelly, but the Jeager effortlessly blocked his attacks.

"they're good." Sun said to his team.

"Yeah, but I don't think that Huntsman techniques." Scarlet obverses.

"Maybe that's their own forms?" Sage asks which Scarlet nodded.

Both Kelly and Mercury continue to block their strikes and try to make counters. In the heat of the moment Mercury forgot that Jack was behind him waiting for the opportunity to use sliver lady with fire dust. Mercury did get the upper hand before Kelly got out of the way, making Jack to fire his weapon. Mercury hand only just enough time to look at Jack before the rounds hit. One hit him in the arm, the second hit him in the chest. The explosion knocked him back out of the ring.

"Jack and Kelly wins!" Oobleck announced to the crowd. There were many cheers and boos. Cinder looks at the fight in shock.

'How can this happen? This was supposed to be easy.' she thought in her mind.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"That was awesome!" Ruby exclaimed to her team and FWAN after they left.

"That it was Ruby, However, I do have a meeting with my sister. So, I will be with her for some time to catch up." Weiss said as she begins to leave.

"Yeah, we need to go to our dorms, Goodbye ladies." Francis added as he and his teams went to their dorm.

"So, now what?" Alice asks them.

"I think we need to talk to the victors." Nathanial said.

"Come on, they may be on their way out." Willow said as they began to look for JAFK. Soon enough they found them sitting at a table talking to themselves.

"May we join?" Alice asks calmly.

"of course, it always the pleasure to have a seat to look where the brightest star sines." Jack said getting the attention of FAWN as the know the call sign.

"So, you're the informants." Nathanial said.

"Yep. and where are the other teams?" Kelly asks them.

"Personal reasons, Ruby and Yang went to their dorms while Weiss as going to find her sister, Winter I believed she was called. Blake, however. I don't know" Nathanial said to them.

"that's because I was following you." Blake said as she revealed herself. scaring FWAN but not JAFK.

"So, you want to know about them, right?" Aaron asks the Faunas girl who nodded.

"I want to know about them. They have cause so much pain and suffering to people- people who we want to protect." Blake begins "at the Docks, I saw first-hand on who these people are. and that was confirmed every time we met them. So yes, I want to know."

"Alright, but not here. follow us." Jack said as he, his team, FAWN and Blake followed them. However, a certain team want to know as well.

"Did they leave yet?" Scarlet asks his teammates.

"Yep, now let's follow them." Sun as he and his team begins to follow the group.

As they walk towards the building that look like a two-story apartment complex with tinted windows. They saw a man on the door looking at the group before stopping them.

"Are these the people firestick told us about?" The Man ask

"Not all of them. The team Blake is on is out for personal reasons and we seem to have some stowaways with us." Jack said as he shouted to the hiding team. "Come on out we know your there."

"... No you don't." A voice said in the bushes in front of the complex. Causing FAWN and Blake to facepalm.

"Sun, we know you are there come on out." Francis said to Sun

"Or we will have monkey bread this evening." Jack said, getting the group to look at him. "What? I'm hungry."

"Fine just don't turn me into bread." Sun said scared as he and _SSN came out of their hiding place.

"Also how long?"

"Whole time." Aaron said to the monkey faunas. "We heard you coming when we left."

"Darn it!" Sun said annoyed.

"Told you that it wouldn't work." Scarlet said to his leader.

"Anyway, we're here to find out what the Man and his group is doing. And we though we need more information." Neptune said in determination.

"Well Nep, for once, we can agree that the group needs to be stop. However, you don't know how to fight them. And trust me, they will play dirty." Nathanial said to them.

"Thanks for the heads up." Sage thanked the boy.

"Let's go inside. Then we can talk about who they are." The Man said before opening the door. Letting everyone inside.

Everyone was looking at the scene in front of them. Inside we're computers with people on them communicating with someone on the other side. There was a map with Remnant and a unknown continent on the left side, with it with an unknown bird on the continents with it's wings spread out.

"Now then, let's begin the conversation."
____________________________________________________________________________

"Are you sure this right area?" A hidden spec-ops rifleman said to his team member. They were in a hidden elevator traveling down.

"This is the area VIP August is at." His squadmate replied.

"Ghost one and four, shut it!" The leader barked.

"Yes, sir!"

"Ghost Lead, this is Specter Four. What's up on your end, over." Specter four asks Ghost lead.

"Specter Four, this is Ghost Lead, we found one of the vaults Carrying the VIP. Request extraction, over." Ghost Lead reports.

"Copy, I will send Phantom squad to keep overwatch." Specter Four announced to the team before he ended the call.

"Why did we get the fun mission?" Ghost 4 asks jokingly.

"Oh we didn't get the fun mission, Ripper did." Ghost two snarky said.

"Damn it!"

"Cut the chatter! We're going into the AO." Ghost Lead said as the elevator open up in a underground complex. The team spread out, looking for hostiles and the VIP. They look around for a few moments before they found the target.

"Specter Four, we found the VIP." Ghost Lead said.

"Copy that, Ghost Lead, be advised, five contacts found out about the elevator. They might use it as a sign of entry. Be quick on the VIP vitals and get outta there." Specter Four said to the team.

"Affirm, Ghost Lead out." Ghost Lead said before ending the call. He look at his team then signal them to get the VIP and prepare for a fight.

The team quickly get to the capsule that the VIP is in. Activating the controls to unlock the statues of the VIP. The VIP begins to fall before Ghost 3 caught her.

"Vitals are unstable administering treatment." Ghost 3 said while injecting the medication into the VIP. Causing her to gasp slightly before returning to her unconscious state. Ghost 3 look at her vitals again and sigh in relief.

"Vitals are now stable." He said. "But she needs to go to one of our hospitals for the injuries she has."

"Good now let's get outta here." Ghost 4 said before looking at the elevator before noticing the landing indicator on the elevator is going down. "Shit. We're about to have company."

"Quick! activate camo!" Ghost Lead said before he turn on his camouflage with the rest of his team. Ghost 3 put the camo device on the VIP before activating his own.

"I told you general we need to have our guardian ready for the transfer." Ozpin said to Ironwood.

"I know that. It's just the fact-where's Amber?" The general began to say before he saw the empty capsule.

"Uh oh." Qrow said.

As they begin wondering where Amber is at, the team quickly got into the elevator before they decloak.

"Freeze!" Ironwood said to the team.

"Don't do anything or she gets hurt." Ghost 2 said to them as she put her weapon on Amber's head. Looking like she was going to kill her.

"Wait." Sulfur said to the team. He looks at the general with fear in his eyes. "General, put your weapon down."

"What?" Ironwood asked in shock.

"Trust me, if they really want to kill her they would just do it right now. So please trust me." The scientist explained.

Ironwood looked at the team, then look at Amber. He look at them for a few moments before lowering his weapon but still has the hand on the trigger.

"Don't make me regret this doctor." The general said to him.

"May I ask who you are? We don't need any violent methods." Ozpin tried to clam to situation down. He was concerned about Amber's well being but look at the group with a mix of worry and interest. Interest about how professional these people are but worry they were the special group of the Nazis.

"We don't tell anyone who we are. All you need to know is that we share the same enemy." Ghost Lead said causing confusion to Ozpin's group.

"And who do you fight against?" Glynda asks them, readying her weapon just incase a fight breaks out.

"You already know. We had this talk with Ruby." Ghost Lead revealed.

This announcement spread shock all around Ozpin's group. More importantly Ironwood and Qrow. But before they can reval in this information, the leader spoke out once more.

"Sorry but time is short. Don't worry, we will take her to one of our medical facilities to treat her. Until our next meeting." Ghost Lead said before he shut the elevator doors, leaving behind a shocked and confused huntsman in the vault.

"So we now who is with us. But we still don't know their name." Sulfur said to them.

"I agree doctor. However, there is still the chance that they are the enemy." Ironwood said to him.

"We don't know for certain if they are the enemy but we do have information that the Nazis and whoever they are old enemy's, giving the fact that they know each other very well." Ozpin observe.

"Well if what Tom said to us. I hope we can survive this coming war." Ironwood said in worry of the safety of the people.

"I hope so too general, I hope so." Ozpin said as he look towards the elevator closed doors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992 28 9
The first semester is over and now Team (F/I)DGS is now moving on to the next semester, along with Team RWBY and Team JNPR. Let's see how this semest...
1.6K 32 8
In the world of remnant there are four huntress schools and basically no huntsmen seeing as people thought that men couldn't be huntsmen, some men pr...
13.3K 131 40
After crashing into the planet you now know as remnant you quickly realise that you are stuck here forever with your friend. Choosing to settle down...
65K 965 136
Jaune Arc was never an actual Arc, he was the bastard of Jonathan Arc and a nameless woman, his sisters loved him, his adopted mother loved him but h...