When Shadows Intertwine with...

By buddy025

It seemed to be another ordinary day at U.A. But then Mr. Aizawa gave an announcement to the class saying tha... More

Ch 1: The New Girl
Ch 2: A Girl & Her Shadow
Ch 3: Lunch Date
Ch 4: A Strange Feeling
Ch 5: Starting Over
Ch 6: Costume Design
Ch 7: Getting Advice
Ch 8: Beauty in the Shadows
Ch 9: Surprise Me
Ch 10: Another Bumpy Encounter
Ch 11: Pairings
Ch 12: Training
Ch 13: The Next Match Has Been Made
Ch 14: Suppressing a Dark Power
Ch 15: Don't Provoke Me
Ch 16: Help This Bird Fly
Ch 17: A Little Shove
Ch 18: Requests
Ch 19: Distances & Apologies
Ch 20: Lost In The Song
Ch 21: A Rager?!
Ch 22: Meeting The Group
Ch 23: The Mall
Ch 24: Shopping
Ch 25: Old Friends, Old Enemies
😋Authors Note😋
Ch 26: Stand Your Ground
Ch 27: Party Time
Ch 28: Drunken Mistakes
Ch 29: Awkward
Ch 30: It's a Long Story
One-Shot: Happy Birthday
Ch 31: A Moment Of Weakness
❤️Authors Note🖤
💜Authors Note, again🖤
Ch 32: To Be? Or Not To Be?
One-Shot: Monthly
Ch 33: Are They Together Now?
💗Authors Note💚
One-Shot: ☁️Nightmares☁️
Ch 34: Take Things Slow
Ch 35: Swift Shadows
One-Shot: ☁️Comfort☁️
Ch 36: An Accident
Ch 37: Stalking
Ch 38: My Darling
One-Shot: 🍋A Good Workout🍋
Ch 39: A Terrible Reminder
Ch 40: First Date
❤️Authors Note🧡
Ch 41: Almost Caught
Help our gofund.me!

Ch 42: A Big Question & A Big Answer

64 1 2
By buddy025

They were just above the dorm buildings, when they finally landed and walked up the path. Tokoyami looked down at Aika and she had fallen asleep. He continued down the path and went inside the building.

He heard everyone talking in the next room but ignored it to take Aika up to her dorm room. "She must be exhausted." Dark Shadow said looking worried. "She isn't even stirring, you think she's gonna be okay?"

"One can only hope Dark Shadow." He told his quirk. Dark Shadow opened the door for them and left. Tokoyami set her down on the bed and pulled a blanket over her. It didn't take him long to notice the tear stains left on her cheeks.

He sat on the bed beside her and caressed her cheek, and leaned over to nuzzle her head with his beak. And with that, he slowly got up to leave.

He stopped when there was a slight tug on his sleeve. Tokoyami looked over and saw Aika sitting up and looking up at him. Tears started to fill her eyes once more. "Where are you going?" She whimpered.

Tokoyami put his knee on the bed and threw the blanket over her and pulled her towards him, engulfing her into a hug. Aika yelped in surprise and slowly put her covered arms around his back. "Nowhere. I'm not going anywhere." 'Not unless you're right by my side or ask me to leave you.'

Aika took small deep breaths and hugged him tighter as if scared he would actually leave her alone. And she told herself that she's stupid to even question him. "Promise?" She whispered.

"On my life." His answer was enough to make her face turn red. "What can I do?" She pulled away and looked back at him. And his serious glare still lingered on his face. But she saw sincerity in his eyes and heard it in his voice.

"Just...Can we stay like this? Just for a bit longer?" He glanced behind her and grabbed the pillow and put it against the wall before scooting over and falling back against it. He patted the spot next to him, telling her to sit beside him. She scooted back and shared her blanket with him, she looked at Tokoyami and saw his stare soften more. And, she couldn't hide her small smile anymore.

She snuggled up against his chest as he put his arm around her. "Hey, what did you say when you met him?" Tokoyami glanced down at her and rubbed his thumb on her arm. "Nothing too revealing. He talked about his relationship with you, and he tried to give me relationship advice on how to attract women. He suggested I try his methods on getting their attention, by using my looks or my money."

"Pfft. Sounds like he hasn't changed one bit. He even tried that with me, no matter how many times I said no he tried to get me to go out with him by flaunting his money around. Or even flirting his way into my head." Aika's brief smile soon enough disappeared. "Then what happened?"

"I refused his "help" and he asked if I was with anyone. He also asked if I had a girlfriend. And I only told him what he wanted to hear, and I didn't use your real name I had to use one of our classmates names." Aika glanced up at him. "Really? Who's name did you use?" He looked at her face to face. "Yaoyorozu's." Aika quietly sighed and smiled. "Thank you. And I'm sorry you had to lie to protect me. None of this should be your problem."

"It's alright. And I had no problem lying to the likes of him, because your safety is my problem." Aika smiled and sat up as she slipped her arms around his neck. And Tokoyami put his hands around her back and waist. Aika put her head against his and now Tokoyami was turning red. His hold on her tightened a little. "Your eyes." "What about my eyes?" He moved his hand and caressed her cheek, the warmth from her face sent a tingle to his finger tips. "I lose myself in them, because they tell me more than any words could ever say about your beauty."

'Oh. My. Freakin. God! Seriously, I feel like he's going to melt my heart at any moment. And I just might let him.'

"Have you two kissed yet?" They both look to the left to see Dark Shadow and Echo-Shade watching them with such joy like a couple of little kids. "Have you two been watching us this whole time?!"

"Not the whole time, we just showed up a few minutes ago." Said Echo-Shade. "Yeah. So have you two kissed yet? Because I think you two should give this whole sneaking around charade a rest." Dark Shadow said with a big smile. Tokoyami and Aika were flabbergasted and both were a blushing mess. "We are not sneaking around."

"Yeah you are Fumikage. You two talk and hang out, you've guy's have kissed how many times now? And you're going to the mall together, going to parties together-"

"Okay, okay! We get it Dark Shadow, we get it. But at least let us explain ourselves." "Then please Aika, by all means explain yourselves." Echo-Shade said crossing his arms. Aika crossed her legs and the shadows both floated in closer.

"Okay first of all, we talk and hang out because Tokoyami's helping me fit in and feel welcomed here. Second of all, we went to the mall together because me and my friends invited him to join us. Same thing with the party." "Uh huh, then can you explain the kissing?"

Aika fell silent and Echo-Shade was watching her expecting an answer. And she couldn't even look at Tokoyami. "I can answer that." Aika glanced at Tokoyami as he stood up and walked towards the balcony. Aika raised a brow and the shadows looked between each other and Aika. She just shrugged at them, and Tokoyami left the balcony door open and grabbed Aika by her hands.

"W-what're you-hang on. Wait, hang on." "Dark Shadow," he called his shadow and gestures his head towards the balcony. Dark Shadow nodded and pushed them further out the door. "Tokoyami what're you-Dark Shadow stop it! Wait what's going-?" Aika dragged her feet in protest but Dark Shadow continued pushing them and Tokoyami kept pulling closer to the edge.

"What's gotten into you? Tokoyami! TokoyamIIIII!!" She screamed as they went over the balcony. But Dark Shadow carried them up high above the dorm building. Aika was clinging on to Tokoyami for dear life since they went over before she even got a hold of anything. "Woah! Oh my gosh! Are. You. Crazy right now?!" She yelled at Tokoyami. "Just listen to me for a moment, please."

"You know what? If we were back on solid ground I would be beating the shit out of you right now for scarring me like that!" Tokoyami merely sighed as he kissed her atop of her forehead and she instantly turned red. "I've wanted to ask you something for a long while now."

They landed on the rooftop and he set Aika down. "Ask me what? What's so important that you just had to pull me over the balcony, and put us on the roof?! I mean who does that? I'll tell you who, nobody!" She rambled on as she paced with her back to Tokoyami.

"You know when a guy asks a girl a question they just ask them the question in a quiet place, in private or something. They definitely don't just drag them against their will, and throws them over their bedroom balcony." "Amari."

"And you know what, I don't know what you were going to tell them about the whole... You know. But we didn't need to do that!" "Ahem, Amari?" "And it's not that I'm mad about you stepping in I mean you're doing that a lot lately. Which is very sweet, and nice of you but I don't want you to feel like it's your job to do so. I mean that's typically something a boyfriend would do for his significant other if they needed his help. I-I mean not that I would expect us or you to be like that!"

"Amari." He said spinning her around to kiss her passionately. Aika didn't move for a bit as her eyes remained left wide open as he kissed her. When Tokoyami pulled away, staring at her looking her straight in the eyes with a fiercely lit fire in his, that she caused.

Aika's face heated up as she pulled him in for another kiss. The feeling of his hands slithering across her waist sent a tingle down her spine. Aika's hands worked their way up Tokoyami's neck, holding onto his shoulder and grabbing a handful of his hair.

Making Tokoyami grunt, he pressed her against him. 'Damnit. The guy's were right. I barely know this guy, but I'm seriously getting feelings for him.'

Tokoyami cupped her face kissing Aika one last time before ending the kiss. He moved her hands away, already missing the way it felt when she ran her fingers through his hair. He continued to hold her hands until he brought them up to his face placing little kisses. A gesture that seemed so old fashioned but endearing to Aika. It was a way a prince would kiss a princesses hand when they first meet.

Their eyes met, and Aika was blushing madly and slightly squeezed Tokoyami's hands. "Amari, if it is your deepest wish for us to remain classmates and nothing more, I will respect it. But if you wish to end this secrecy between us, and go through with it then please," He said leaning to whisper in her ear. "Would you grant me the honor, of being by your side from this night on to the days we face here at U.A.?"

Aika became stiff, and small tears formed in her eyes for some reason. She closed her eyes letting the small drops of water fall down her cheeks. And buried her face in the nook of his neck. Taking in his scent that brought her comfort, putting her arms back around him. "Yes."

(Sry for being away so long everyone, I've been overwhelmed with school, my family, and my own personal life issues. But I am now free from most of it so now I can FINALLY try writing again. I will try to keep updating this fanfic if anyone still wants to read it. But I'm going to be working more on those novels I've been trying to write so plz bare with me. And thx again for waiting for so long, I'll be updating more from now on. See ya in the shadows;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 40.6K 59
a loud girl and a shy boy. could i make it anymore obvious? 𖨆♡𖨆 [kageyama x fem reader] WARNING ⚠️ smut ??? strong language mature themes achiev...
2.2K 82 28
WARNING: Smut (alittle bit) THIS IS A REWRITE! (this was originally the first book I wrote too) Female reader is Lily (aka Y/n) Lily wants to become...
26.3K 1.1K 15
Where there is a secret there is always drama! Izuku Midoriya was a heroes child and he knew it. Not only that but his mother never wanted him. What...
2K 237 35
"Can I trust you?" Secrets are made to be hidden but others are not that good in hiding them. 'Miyamoto Nanako', a simple girl living a simple life...