The Player's Daughter

By xxxxRYLEExxxx

Slowly I walked over to him and held out my hand. "Hi, I'm Cammei." He smirked, "Sam." "It's nice to meet y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's Note
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

5.1K 126 15
By xxxxRYLEExxxx

Hey you guys! So were you all surprised with the last chapter?? And also, I’m thinking about writing my author’s note at the end now? What do you think about that? And I am SO sorry for the wait! I didn't know I would have so much going on! Please leave feedback in the comments and tell me if you would like for me to write the note at the end! (: (PS: this chapter is dedicated to a fan who I have gotten close to and you should go check out her books! Thanks Aly!) Another thing! I have changed the genre from 'Romance' to 'Teen Fiction' so yeah.. Bye!

~Rylee xx

Cammei POV

                Two hours. Two hours wasn’t enough to cry. Two hours wasn’t long enough for the flood of salty tears that ran down my face and stained my satin pillowcase. Two hours was, however, how long it took for me to realize who was probably behind everything. “That son of b*tch,” I had said out loud when I realized that Tyler was the one who more than likely ruined one of the best things in my life.

                Two hours later I was still in the same position as when Sam had called me and broke up with me. For a reason I didn’t know. Two hours later, I had my phone out, dialing Tyler Thomas’s phone number.

                “Sup?” His usual, sly voice answered. I took a deep breath before answering him.

                “What the hell have you done?” I whispered into the phone, hate cringing in my voice.

                His snicker sounded from the other line. “Oh dearest Cammei, what are you talking about?”

                I held back the stinging pain in my throat that I knew was soon going to be tears. “You know exactly what I’m talking about. You know what has happened. I know that you have something to do with it, Tyler. What I want to know though is how and what exactly. Because, honestly, I’m f*cking confused.”

                “See, that’s your problem. You underestimate people, especially me. I told you that I was out for revenge. I told you to watch out,” He replied to me and I could basically hear the smile in his tone.

                I tasted a single tear fall onto my lips, why should I be caring like this? Why should this be bothering me? ‘You love him.’ A voice inside my head told me. “How? That’s what I want to know.”

                “Simple. A little birdy—or should I say myself—followed you into the lockerooms. Of course you were too dumb to remember and lock the doors. I took a photo of you, did some editing twerks here and there—perks of being a computer nerd—and voila. A very, very disturbing photo of you and a helpless Google victim having too much fun after school,” Tyler responded while anger boiled inside of me, “and your lover just so happened to believe it. I could have a lot of fun with this, Cammei.” I cringed at the sound of my name coming from him.

                “So that’s it? Fake sexting? Or is sextography a better word?” I asked him but didn’t wait for an answer, “you are a worthless piece of sh*t you know that Tyler?”

                Silence was the response I received and I didn’t delay for anything else. “Goodbye.” I pressed the ‘End’ button on my phone and ran my hands over my puffy face.

                “Cam, where’s Sam?” I heard my mom’s muffled sound from outside my door. My heart dropped at the sound of his name.

                “I,” I cleared my throat, “I don’t know.” I looked towards the now opening piece of wood as my mom walked in.

                “Are you okay?” She asked after seeing my face, “have you been crying?”

                Those words were all it took. My walls that had taken years to build up crumbled and fell apart all around me. The void that Sam had always found a way to fill was suddenly reopened. A gash across my heart that was tearing me apart. I sobbed and my mom walked over and wrapped her arms around me. “He—he broke—broke up with me,” I struggled to regain my breath before continuing, “Ty—Tyler did something horrible. H—he—convinced Sam—convinced him that I cheated and..” No more words could come out. My tears were flooding my eyes and cascading onto my mom and I.

                She ran her fingers through my hair and whispered “It’s okay” into my ear repeatedly. “Shh, sweetheart, it’s okay. You’re going to be okay.” Her fragile hands held onto my shaking shoulders and our grey eyes met and I noticed a gleam in them that I shared.

                I had finally caught my breath and was able to speak, “He said such horrible things. Such piles of,” I paused as I searched for the right word, “sh*t.”

                Suddenly, a vibration caused us both to jump as her phone rang. “Sam?” she spoke into it and my head shot up. I heard mumbling on the other line. “You need to come home.” More mumbling, “No, I think it would be best for you to—don’t,” she looked down at the now ended phone call.

                “What did he say?” I sniffled out.

                In response, I got silence. I knew that whenever she was either A. in deep thought or B. pissed off, that was what she did. I saw her jaw clench before replying. “Apparently, he thinks that he’s not coming home tonight and is staying with someone by the name of Josh.”

                I nodded slowly, taking it all in. So that’s how he is responding, running away from the so-called problem.  

                “I am sorry, Cam,” she continued, “I wish that I knew what to do, but this is just Sam..being an ass.” I snickered at the name my mom gave him.

                “Thank you, mom. I wish that I knew what to do as well, but this isn’t something that can be resolved in a night,” I told her as I rubbed my aching temples.

                “Maybe,” I barely heard her say.

                My eyes went wide, “What?”

                “Nothing! Nothing,” she quickly covered. “I just think that maybe you guys should sit down and work this out.” I shook my head violently disagreeing. No way in hell would that happen. My mom threw her hands up in surrender. “Okay!”

                A groan came out of my mouth as I flung backwards onto my mattress, “Why does this happen?”

                She patted my leg and stood up. “Honey, sometimes life throws you curveballs, and you just have to learn how to dodge them. This is one of those lessons. If Sam really is the guy for you, he’ll come around and understand you. It’ll be alright, beautiful.” I smiled and silently thanked her as she walked out.

                Out of pure courage and adrenaline, I called Sam.

                “What?” I got as an answer. I cringed at the sound of pure hatred in his voice. I can’t deny the level of hurt that went through me.

                “Please hear me out and know that what you think happened isn’t true,” I begged him, on the verge of tears. Quickly I swallowed them back, refusing to cry for him again.

                I heard a mocking chuckle on the other end. “Cammei, there’s nothing else to be said. A picture’s worth a thousand words, am I right? Well, yours speaks more than enough.”

                “It’s fake!” I exploded, “why would even begin to trust Tyler?! All he wants is to get back at me for not staying with him after we hooked up. Sam, he told me it was fake. I called him and he happily told me the truth. This is what he wants. For any trace of me being happy with another guy out of the picture! You should know that! I’ve told you so many things about him and what he’s threatened, yet you still don’t trust me. I’m sorry that you actually trust him.”

                “How do I know it was fake?” He asked me.

                I smiled knowing I had him going in the right direction, “I called him earlier and he confessed. Let me do it again. Sam I promise you, I would never cheat on you.”

                “I want to trust you. Honestly I really do, but it just isn’t that easy,” He explained.

                “Easy that easy?” I scoffed, “you called and told me off for something you weren’t even sure about! I didn’t even get an explanation, but here you are saying that trusting me really isn’t ‘that easy’.”

                Sam’s deep voice then asked, “Where are you?”

                “My room; the same place I was when you called me a whore three hours ago,” I replied through gritted teeth.

                “I still don’t know if I can take that back and apologize just yet,” he told me.

                “Just come here, please. Don’t be a douche any more than you already are. Come home and I’ll prove to you that it’s okay,” I instructed him.

                I heard him sigh before answering. “Alright.”

                I closed my phone with a smile. Why though, I have no idea. This could blow up in my face, but I’m willing to do anything to get Sam back. Even if that means pushing beyond what I’m capable of to get the truth.

Slowly I trudged out into the hallway and lent over the balcony looking for my mom. I saw her sipping on an Arizona tea on the couch while reading The Host. “Mom, Sam is coming over in a few minutes. I convinced him to let me explain and get the truth.”

                She had looked up from her book and turned to face me. “Well, if I hear things breaking in there later, I will come and save him,” she joked and I chuckled.

                I pushed myself off from the railing and took careful steps towards Sam’s room. I peeked around to see if Cameron was home yet before I slipped in. I rolled my eyes and the poster of David Beckham on the wall. “Typical soccer role model,” I said out loud. My lip found its way between my lip as I walked over to his guitar that was lying on the bed. I ran my fingers over the strings and smiled at the memories of him playing to me.

                I jumped when I suddenly heard Sam’s pipes on his truck. My palms went slick as I walked out of his door. Hurriedly I walked back to my room and softly shut the door.  The sound of our large front door opening and closing vibrated my room. I grimaced at the sound of his angry stomps up the stairs and then finally he threw open the door.

                “What now?” He asked without making eye-contact with me.

                I got up and grabbed my phone from the oak nightstand beside my bed. “I prove you wrong and I show that this is a lie.”

                “Then let’s hear it because I’m wasting precious time,” he scoffed out.

                With trembling fingers I picked Tyler’s contact and pressed call. It rang three times before his voice answered.

                “What can I do for you now, babe? Considering your love life is over,”  I winced at his vile words.

                “You can tell me why,” I replied. I looked over at Sam and for a split second I could have sworn I saw hope spread across his face.

                Tyler chuckled, “You mean why I am so freaking awesome or why I tricked your stupid a** boyfriend?”

                I saw Sam tense at his words and I knew that this was it. “That would be the one and how?”

                “I’ve already told you! A little photoshop and bazinga, a perfect picture. And the why?  Well, I didn’t very much like it when you walked out on me after the exciting time we shared.” He said.

                “I told you that nothing was going to come out of that!” My voice shouted.

                Suddenly, my phone was ripped from my hands and Sam’s voice sounded, it was full of anger. “You son of a b*tch. You no good little mother f*cker.”

                “No I actually believe that I’m a Cammei  f*cker,” Tyler butted in, you could hear the smirk in his voice.

                Sam growled and pulled at his curls. “You just don’t know what’s coming do you, Tyler? You are so stupid to think that I’m just going to let this go. You almost cost me my relationship!” He shouted the last part, “you almost took the most important thing in my life away from me.”

                “I must say, Cam is smarter than I gave her credit for. Deceiving me like this,” Tyler chuckled out.

                “Do not call her that,” Sam snarled, “You’re in for a hell of a ride.” He ended the call and let his arm drop, along with my phone.

                I stared at him as he slowly turned around ran a large hand over his face and through his messy curls. I waited for his response and popped my knuckles. Unexpectedly, he dropped onto his knees and looked at me, tears threatening to pour out of his eyes. I nodded and took his face into my hand.

                Quickly I pressed my lips to his and pulled away just as fast as it happened. I closed my eyes and rested my forehead against his. We both knew that everything was okay and all things were forgiven.

                “Will you play me a song?” I whispered to him. He pulled away and nodded with a smile.

                I watched him as he strode out of my room and swiftly came back, guitar in hands.  He sat down beside me on my bed and I watched as his finger swept across the strings elegantly. Then, I recognized the song.

What day is and in what my heart this clock never seemed so alive

I can’t keep up and I can’t back down, I’ve been losing so much time

                I took a breath before joining him.

It’s you and me and all of the people with nothing to do nothing to lose

And it’s you and me and all of the people and I don’t know why I can’t keep my eyes off of you

                I smiled as our eyes met and I realized something. I was willing to do anything to keep Sam because.. He was The One.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 105 26
Camila: I am so done with gorgeous men, I fell for one a long time ago and paid with my heart. I thought he loved me until I figured he couldn't stan...
201K 5.5K 34
"Oh Cmon London! It's not that bad! She's just there to help and protect you! After all there are people coming after me and I wanna make sure your o...
63.6K 2.9K 54
"I may not remember much, but I do know that I had the best time with you last night." Charlie drops his hand from his mouth and lifts his head to st...
247K 7.1K 20
Before I knew it my shirt was torn away from my torso and tossed on the floor, Charlie's doing the same. Our kiss intensified and I felt him groan ag...