La Carlota 1: Reaching the Sun

By missgrainne

Living at the top of the hill where everything seems away like the blazing sun in La Carlota, Terra Charlotta... More

SYNOPSIS
PROLOGUE
1 ~ AZUCARERA
2 ~ TROUBLE
3 ~ INSPIRATION
4 ~ RESPECT
5 ~ SPONSOR
6 ~ KISS
7 ~ FRIEND
8 ~ PICTURE
9 ~ HOT
10 ~ COURT
11 ~ CHOOSE
12 ~ OVERNIGHT
13 ~ PROUD
14 ~ MISS INTRAMS
15 ~ CELEBRATION
16 ~ BOYFRIEND
17 ~ OFFERS
18 ~ GIRLFRIEND
19 ~ APARTMENT
20 ~ BABY
21 ~ INTIMACY
22 ~ CROWN
23 ~ LOVE
24 ~ SHOT
25 ~ MARRY
26 ~ TRIGGER
27 ~ GONE
28 ~ DREAM
29 ~ SUN

EPILOGUE

53.6K 3.1K 357
By missgrainne

EPILOGUE

THE golden hue of sun rays that strikes against the greenery plantation of sugar canes was like a piece of art from a legendary painter; fascinating, lustrous and it also evokes emotions.

Grego Almendarez was astonished when he started to picture the sun rays as someone that seemed like out of his league.

Terra Charlotta Ciervo is too good to be true that it made him question himself his worth if he really deserve her? If ever she gave him a chance, what are the guarantees that he wouldn't hurt her for her to stay? What are the things that he needs to do just to make her happy? Just to make her feel special and cherished by him?

Sa dami nang nabighani ng dalagita, hindi niya akalain na isa siya sa mahuhulog ng husto.

One of the greatest thing that happened to his life was when he got the chance to be with her. He didn't waste that chance that he made sure they will have each other until the end.

"Parang magandang anghel na naglalakad..." that voice near him sounded so dreamy.

Grego glanced on his teammates. Katatapos lang nilang maglaro ng football kaya nagpapahinga muna bago magbihis at pumasok sa susunod na klase.

Nagtulukan pa ang tatlong lalaki at hindi maalis ang tingin sa unahan. Kaya sinundan niya at mabilis nahagip ng tingin ang kanina pa inaabangan ng mga kasama niya.

Terra Charlotta was very easy to spot on. Kahit pa humalo ito sa napakaraming istudyante sa escuelahan nila, mananaig pa rin ang taglay na ganda.

She's hugging her books on her chest while walking at the back of the gymnasium where the benches are. Sa lugar na iyon niya madalas makita si Charlotta lalo na tuwing lunch. Minsan, nasusulyapan niyang nanonood sa kanila kapag naglalaro sila, minsan naman ay abala sa libro na dala.

"Gusto kong ligawan, pre."

"Gago ka ba? Ang bata pa niyan."

"Bakit? Susubok lang naman ako. Kahit ma-basted ako, ayos lang. Crush ko pa rin siya."

Grego paused from wiping his sweaty neck. That conversation alarmed him for some reason. He was not sure if she has a lot of admirers but he is aware that there are a lot of boys having a crush on her.

"Liligawan ko si Charlotta," desidido si Kevin. "Ihahatid ko sa patag."

"Bakit hindi mo ihatid hanggang sa Sitio Verde?" hamon ng isa.

"Ayoko. Malayo."

Grego cleared his throat and grabbed his duffel bag.

"Maaga tayo bukas. Bawal ma-late," aniya sa mga ito.

Iniwan niya ang mga kasama. Habang naglalakad siya papunta sa back door ng gymnasium, hindi niya maiwasan na dalhin ang mga mata kung nasaan nakaupo si Charlotta. Even though there are other groups of students at those benches, his eyes were really glued on her.

She looked up from the book on her lap then her vision suddenly flew on him. Nakita niya kung paano bahagyang nanlaki ang mga mata nito at ang pag awang ng labi, bago mabilis na iniwas ang tingin sa kanya na para bang kasalanan na magkatinginan sila.

Grego frowned. What does it mean? It seemed like she doesn't want him to see her looking at him?

Halos araw-araw niyang nakikita si Charlotta sa bench na 'yon. Minsan, may grupo ng mga istudyante na lalapitan ito at tila pinagkakaisahan. Umaalis din naman kalaunan.

Mapang-asar na tawa para kay Kevin ang sumalubong kay Grego sa umagang 'yon.

"Sabi sayo, e. Hindi ka niyon sasagutin."

"Sumubok lang naman ako, boy. Expected ko na na hindi niya ko papayagan manligaw sa kanya," sagot ni Kevin sa nang-aasar.

"Ano ba ang sabi niya sayo?"

"Ayaw niya pa raw mag boyfriend. Maghihintay nalang siguro ako."

"Hindi rin ba pumayag na ihatid mo sa patag?"

Umiling si Kevin. "Hindi. Ayaw niyang umasa ako."

That news unconsciously made his day. Right, she's still young to entertain boys.

Grego didn't exactly realize that his actions to get closer to Charlotta would make him admire not only her beauty, but also what's inside her heart.

She was a struggling student. She was lack of resources. She lives at the top of the hill that she always need to walk for an hour to get to the main road. Despite of her struggles, her burning dedication to finish her study is the reason why she don't give up. That's very admirable.

"Gusto mo bang mag trabaho sa azucarera?" isang hapon noong tanungin niya si Charlotta.

Kahit papano, nagkaroon siya nang pagkakataon na makilala ang dalagita. Gusto niyang makatulong sa pamamagitan nang pagbibigay ng part time job dito. Alam niyang malaking bagay kay Charlotta ang kumita ng pera dahil makakatulong iyon sa pag-aaral nito.

Her eyes were very pretty and expressive. It was not hard to read her emotions because of that. She's so pure and she cherish every little things around her. That explains why it did not take a lot of effort to make her smile and happy.

"Gusto ko, Grego..." the way his name slipped on her lips sounded so special. "Pero..."

"Pero?" he crouched so their eyes could level.

Ihahatid niya na si Charlotta sa patag gamit ang motorsiklo niya. In that way, she can save her money from riding to a tricycle. Kahit siguro araw-araw niyang ihatid, hindi siya mapapagod. Gusto niya talagang makatulong.

"Pero magpapaalam muna ako kay lola."

"Gusto mo ipaalam kita?"

Mabilis itong umiling. "H-hindi na. Kaya ko na 'yon. Basta, sasabihan kita agad kung ano ang sagot niya. Sana payagan niya ako."

Tuwing sisikat ang araw, hindi siya makapaghintay na magkita ulit sila sa escuelahan. Kaya kahit wala naman siyang pasok, nagpupunta pa rin siya para maihatid din si Charlotta.

Her grandmother allowed her to work in azucarera. Talagang umaayon sa kanya ang tadhana. Natanto niya. Tuwing Sabado at Linggo lang ang schedule na pwede. At para hindi na ito mahirapan sa trabaho sa field, office work ang ibinigay niya.

"Are you courting her?" Silvano asked him one time, he's referring to Charlotta.

They are in Playa Azure--a place where they usually hang outs.

"Why did you ask?"

Grego waited for his friend's response, but none. It made him think that maybe Silvano has a thing with Charlotta? Hindi naman malabo dahil marami talaga ang nagkakagusto sa dalagita.

"Do you like her?" he raised his brow.

Frowning, Silvano glanced at him. "Charlotta?"

"Uh-huh."

Tumawa ang kaibigan. "Gusto ko siya sa paraan na hindi katulad nang iniisip mo."

"Sigurado ka?"

"Sigurado. She's now a working student like me. I know the struggles. Nakaka-relate lang ako sa kanya."

"She's working in my office."

Trevor whistle playfully. "Bakit hindi sa field?"

"Ayokong maarawan siya," sabay sandal niya sa inuupuan. "Masusunog ang balat niya."

"Gusto mo?" manghang tanong ni Trevor, malapad ang ngisi.

Grego leered at his friend and ignored his question.

"Sobrang ganda ni Charlotta. Lalo sa malapitan. Marami-rami na siyang binasted, Grego. Tingin mo may pag asa ka?"

As if he was not aware about the numbers of boys that she turned down?

"Tingin mo wala akong pag asa?" balik na tanong niya sa sarkastikong paraan.

Napasipol ulit si Trevor tapos ay humalakhak. "Kung wala siyang gusto sayo, hindi ka niya sasagutin. Katulad nang mga nanliligaw sa kanya."

Grego smirked. He don't want to assume, but he feels like Charlotta has a crush on him.

It was like holding the sun rays when Terra Charlotta became his girlfriend. He made sure that he was always there for her and to support her in every thing that she does. Kahit pa may mga bagay na hindi niya gusto, nagagawa niya pa rin na sumuporta dahil sa kagustuhan niyang sumaya ang dalagita.

When she joined Miss Intrams, the support that he gave to her was solid. To be on the stage in front of so many people was not his thing, but he still did so he can help her do her dance perfectly with a partner.

She became popular and he noticed her passion to pursue joining beauty pageant. That's the reason why he endorse her to Hermosa, an agency that handles future beauty queens. It was built and own by his beloved mother—Fauna Almendarez.

"Son, she's really beautiful. I can't believe a face like hers exist!"

Kanina pa panay ang papuri ng ina noong ipinakilala niya si Charlotta rito.

"I can see the potential. She just need the right guide and trainings. Then, she will really get a crown!"

His mother was very fond with Charlotta. He's happy to know that. Hindi mahirap pakisamahan ang ina niya pero sobrang pihikan nito pagdating sa babaeng gusto niya. Kaya masuwerte siya na gustung-gusto rin nito ang girlfriend niya.

"Medyo mahapdi lang..." Charlotta's face is turning red as she said those words.

Grego bite his lower lips to stop his smirk as he watch her being so cute.

Gumapang siya sa kama at pinatakan ng halik ang noo nito.

"I can do something about it."

Inirapan siya ni Charlotta. "Baka hindi na ako makapaglakad ng maayos bukas kapag hinayaan kita sa sinasabi mo."

That made him laugh. "What? I am just gonna massage it."

"Massage?"

"Yes. It will help. Try it."

Her pretty face is still doubtful. Tapos ay ngumuso.

"Wag na lang. Maybe next time?"

"It's up to you, baby. I just wanna help you."

"Hmm..." parang papayag na ito na hindi.

"Hmm?" he started to kiss cheek and the side of her lips. "Payag ka na?"

Charlotta ended her reign as Miss Globe. He's really a proud fiancée. Kahit pa naging sobrang abala nito at naging malayo sila sa isa't-isa, inintindi niya nang husto ang sitwasyon nila.

He knew her hard works and struggles just to reach her dreams. He don't want to stop her just because he's being impatient to finally have her by himself. Now that she's done with her reign and all her contracts has ended, it was his time to claim her.

"Grego..." she moan his name softly when he slid his finger under the thin fabric of her underwear.

"Just relax," he whispered on her earlobe.

He smirked when her moans continued as he gently rub her wet and swollen femininity with his fingers.

"Do you wanna be my wife?" he muttered huskily.

"Y-yes."

Ever since, he will always picture himself in the future being with her and the family that they going to build. With his parents and around the people who loves them. The images on his head were full of happiness and joy.

Despite of what happened to his mother, he's still continue to achieve a better future with Charlotta, because he knew that is what his mother wanted for them.

Lahat nang magpapasaya kay Charlotta ay handa niyang ibigay. Lahat ng bagay na magpapangiti rito ay gagawin niya sa abot ng makakaya niya. His love for her is too deep that he can't imagine himself living a day without her.

She will always be the sun rays of his life who would give light to him when times were dark, who would make him feel warm when it's cold, and a sunshine who would make his every day life worth living.

ITINAAS niya ang isang kamay upang damhin ang kulay gintong sikat ng araw na tumatama kung saan siya nakatayo. To feel the warm of it against her skin made her think about her past.

Ang batang Charlotta na nangangarap na maabot ang araw kahit pa sobrang imposible no'n. Ang batang Charlotta na ang gusto lang naman ay magkaroon ng mga kaibigan upang maramdaman na normal na kabataan din siya.

Lahat ng pangarap niya noon, natupad, noong dumating ang tamang panahon para sa lahat ng iyon. Wala nang hihigit pa sa biyayang natanggap niya. All her struggles, tears, pain and hard works were paid off.

A warm embrace from behind made her smile. That's her husband—Grego Almendarez.

"What are you thinking?" his voice was always gentle when he's talking to her.

Niyakap niya ang mga braso nito at tinignan ang paligid. Ang ganda ng Sitio Verde ay nanatili kahit pa lumipas na ang ilang taon. The greenery surrounding, the sounds of the chirping birds and the mesmerizing sun, every thing on that place reminds her that despite of difficulties, there was always a blue skies.

"I can't help but think about my life here before. Dito rin ako madalas tumayo para abutin ang araw."

"Habang iniisip ako?" may bahid na yabang at tuwa sa tono ng asawa niya.

Charlotta pursed her lips to suppress a giggle.

"Habang iniisip ko ang mga pangarap ko. Ang mga bagay na gusto kong gawin kapag nakapagtapos na ako nang pag-aaral."

"I was not part of it?"

Hindi niya na mapigilan ang matawa. "Naging parte ka lang ng mga pangarap ko noong naramdaman ko na may paghanga ako sayo."

"Crush mo ko."

She pouted her lips. He's really confident that she had a crush on him. But it's true though.

"That's where I realized that like the sun, I could never reach you."

"Oh, well, your sun is embracing you right now..."

"My sun is now my husband. Can you believe that?"

"The moment you became my girlfriend was the moment I realized that you are the only one that I wanted to be with in the future. Can you believe that my golden sun rays is now my wife?"

A smile formed her lips. The beating of his heart against her back is same as the beating of hers. Fast and loud.

His warm palm caressed her baby bump. The feeling of being loved by someone you loved the most is melting. Nakakamangha ang kasiyahan na nararamdaman niya.

Using her thumb, she plays the wedding band on his finger.

"Mahal kita, Grego..." madamdamin na sabi niya kasabay nang ihip ng hangin.

Naramdaman niya ang marahan na patak ng halik ng asawa sa balikat niya.

"Like a sun that constantly gives light to the world, my love for you is everlasting," he whispered lovingly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 100K 24
Lukas Andres Cruise - Consunji is the SOLE heir of the CONSUNJI EMPIRES and being the Sole Heir, Lukas had no interest in keeping the family money...
4.6M 106K 18
It all started with her jealousy and stupidity. Xandra Elisse being a spoiled brat didn't realize that what she had done with Dr. Lucas--her ideal m...
14.3K 438 23
Waking up pregnant, Freya has to tell this shocking news to his boss slash the father of her child. But the only problem is, he is getting married to...
3.9K 164 8
It was my day one at the island when I met him... And on the seventh day we found out that we can't be together.