Prisoner

By rotXinXpieces

[27] Revenge is the only thing keeping Four alive. Things like family and love aren't even on the table. Scre... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Sixteen

10.3K 790 702
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Sixteen

I needed to see Bait.

If it was true that those were memories and not just a fever induced hallucination, that means Bait really was there and he knew exactly who'd fucked me up. He hadn't known their names at the time, in that particular memory or dream or whatever, but he had to know by now.

Of course, figuring out where the fuck he was and how to contact him was impossible. Every time I asked someone, I was met with that's on a need to know basis and even though I needed to know right the fuck now, nobody seemed keen on sharing.

It was time to do a little digging.

"We should invite those losers back," I said after taking a drink of water. Lucy blinked and looked up, frowning curiously while Hades pinched the bridge of his nose, like he could think of a thousand reasons why he should just give up and bury me in the garden in the backyard. Of course, Naia looked confused and Jaques just rubbed his temples. Alaric and Raven looked clueless.

"You're gonna have to narrow that down," Hades said after a moment.

"Six, Three, and Seven," I said, then paused and wrinkled my nose, "And that pretty one. Forgot his name."

"Hadrian?" Naia offered.

"Yeah, him too," I said.

"I didn't even know you knew Hadrian," Naia mused. I shrugged, pausing to stir around my soup a little.

"Sorta. Apparently those guys got my ass out of the Mother's dungeons, so maybe I should... I dunno. Say thanks or something. Why do I need a reason to want to see people? I thought I wasn't a prisoner," I added, cutting Hades a glare. Hades stared at me, then looked at Lucy, who looked surprised at the attention. He cocked his head, like he was listening to whatever telepathic message Hades was feeding him. Probably something about how I was annoying and he wanted to take me out right here and now. It made sense when Lucy shook his head, like he was telling Hades that wasn't appropriate.

At this point, I was just ad libbing their stupid telepathic conversation. It went a little something like...

I'm gonna kill him, Lucy. Let me rip his head off and bury him in the yard.

That's not good for the garden, my precious gift from above. We have to help him because I'm overcompensating for my tiny dick.

Yes, your dick is tiny. Also I can just bury him under the fountain. What harm would that do?

You'd poison the ground water. No, no, let's humor him a little.

"Alright," Lucy said after a second, making Hades wipe his hands down his face, "I don't see why not. Raven, would you mind supervising?" Raven paused at that and I grimaced.

"Another babysitter?"

"You've been attacked twice since you got here," Hades retorted, "Why the fuck would we let you go anywhere alone?"

"Because I was also attacked out there too, so why not? If I lived every day in fear, what's the point in living?"

"Being alive," Hades deadpanned. Lucy patted his hand gently and Raven smirked, glancing down at his food before looking up with a smile.

"I'd be happy to hang out for a while, dad."

"Excellent. I'll give the guys a call and see if they're willing to stop in today," Lucy said with a nod, rising to his feet to take his phone call out in the hallway. I rolled my eyes and slammed my arm down on the table in frustration, glaring down at the bowl of soup. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and saw Jaques make a face at my noise, so he looked at Hades, like he was expecting Hades to do something. I was surprised to see Hades scowl, like he had no idea what Jaques was talking about. Jaques rolled his eyes and turned to Naia, who shook her head and patted his shoulder.

"Not your place, sweetie," she said softly. Jaques scowled.

"Then whose?" He demanded. Naia raised an eyebrow and Jaques just blew out a long, irritated sigh, casting a disdainful glare at Hades, who frowned. Actually, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Hades was genuinely confused. He looked at me, forever irritated at my existence, then just got up and walked out of the room without a word. I smirked, glancing down at my soup with disinterest.

Oh please. Naia and Jaques had their happy little domestic family in their happy little perfect world, clearly not understanding that the real world was a whole lot scarier than the one they probably built for their kids, the one that was probably built for them by their parents. It was sad and pathetic to live your life like nothing bad could happen. Something bad was always happening. Or at least in my world it did. I couldn't think of a time where I could just relax and rest and not be worried about something going on. Sure, I was resting here, but it was driving me up the fucking walls. I wanted to be outside, I wanted to be training, I wanted to be hunting down the prick who did this to me and force feeding him his entrails.

Ugh.

"Oh, good morning, I hope I'm not interrupting something." I perked up unintentionally because I heard River's voice outside the door of the dining room. I looked up as he came inside, once again dressed like a snazzy rich kid, but today he was sans the blazer and I realized he was actually kind of ripped under that button down and vest? What, are you telling me the prissy rich kid worked out?

"Good morning," Naia greeted warmly, rising to her feet, "I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier. I'm Naia, Jaques's wife." River's eyes widened for a moment, then he inclined his head in a respectful bow and took her hand, touching his forehead to it.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lady Naia. I'm River Windstorm. If I'd known you would be present, I would've dressed better."

"Dressed better? You're wearing a fucking suit," I deadpanned. River shot me a dirty look while Naia giggled, then shook her head.

"Oh no, you're totally fine, dear. Please, join us, have a seat," Naia encouraged. River smiled pleasantly and took his seat across from me. He glanced at me, his eyes lingering on my untouched food before he met my eyes.

"You look much better today," he commented.

"Yeah, I'm not unconscious and drowning in sweat. Feels good," I added, making River grimace, "It was kind of quiet around without your constant nagging." River scowled.

"I do not nag. I politely inform."

"You inform too much."

"As do you," River returned, then paused when he realized Naia, Jaques, Raven, and Alaric were staring at him, "Ah, pardon me. He's very good at touching one's nerves."

"Fucking tell me about it," Jaques stated, earning an elbow in the ribs from his wife.

"I was created to be a pain in the ass of everyone I meet," I replied, "I'm so glad I don't disappoint."

"Never," River said sarcastically, then cleared his throat and politely started to load up his plate, pretending he was regal royal like the rest of them. That was so annoying. River wasn't complete shit when it was just us, but for some reason, he always had to act like he had a stick up his ass whenever everyone else was around. It was like he liked to put on a show when he was with the family, which, sure, it made sense considering he was trying to bully Hades and Lucy into letting me marry him, so he needed to suck up where he could, but fuckin' A, man, if you're gonna drop the act after we're married, what was the point of keeping it up in the first place?

"So, what are everyone's exciting plans for the day?" River asked.

"Jaques and I are gonna step out for a bit into town," Naia replied, taking a long sip of her hot tea and sighing comfortably after, "We wanted to buy some things for the new house."

"New house?"

"Yes, Jaques and I moved closer to Hacian, so we're in Portius again."

"Wow," Raven commented, "You haven't lived there since, what, when you got married? What neighborhood?"

"We were stuck between Ponte Creek and Elysian Fields and we ended up going with Ponte Creek. The house had way less space than our last place and I absolutely love it. Having a big house is great when all your kids are home, but ever since Allison left, it's been too empty. We settled for a cute little townhouse with cedar fencing and a matching porch. I'm in love. I've always wanted a cute little house in a cute little neighborhood, and everyone is just so kind and friendly."

"Ponte Creek," Raven paused to think about it, "Oh! Right down the road from the barracks."

"Jaques insisted on being close by just in case," Naia sighed. Jaques shrugged, like he didn't see anything wrong with it.

"What about you, River?" Naia asked, making River blink.

"Hm?"

"Where do you live?"

"Oh, Inferi, for now," River said slowly, averting his eyes, "My father is looking into some new real estate. We've outgrown my grandfather's old estate. He's looking for something modern."

"I get that," Naia agreed, "Back when I married Jaques, Lucifer was living in a literal castle. Like, I'm talking spires that disappeared into the sky and balconies over the ocean. It was like I was in an episode of Game of Thrones or something."

"Good show," Alaric chirped.

"Hades used to live in a mountain," Raven pointed out.

"A mountain," I demanded, "Why the fuck are we living in a froufrou house and not a mountain?"

"Because Hades built this place so he and Lucifer could live together forever," Naia replied, then sighed, "That's so sweet. He built an entire palace for him. Lucy showed him Alaska. He showed him what holidays are like. My god, they're so sweet."

"Yeah. Like rotting fruit," I deadpanned.

"Just because you don't know what romance is doesn't mean others should adhere to that," River said dryly, "I find the gesture very endearing." I grimaced, glancing at him.

"If you buy me a big ass house like this full of people, I'm going to set it on fire with you in it," I said, making River roll his eyes. Naia smirked a little, then pursed her lips like she was trying to hide it. She gave Jaques some kind of secret smile and Jaques twitched, then cleared his throat.

"Well, there's no need to worry about that," Jaques said, making everyone look at him, "Hades and Lucifer have already decided that there will be no marriage. Four is not fully capable of understanding the ramifications that come with a marriage, especially when it comes to the royal family."

"Ramifications?" Naia asked dryly. Jaques frowned.

"Marriage is a partnership and a friendship that runs deep and comes with all sorts of social etiquettes that Four cannot even begin to comprehend yet. He may be twenty-three, but he's probably got the mind of a thirteen-year-old."

"Fuck you."

"Five-year-old, sorry."

"Fuck you twice."

"Boys," Naia said with a warning tone, to which Jaques cleared his throat and I just glared at Jaques before Naia looked at me, "And, Four, you can make your own decisions. You don't need anyone to tell you who you can and cannot love."

"Love?" I asked. Naia looked caught off guard by the question.

"Well, yes. The very foundation of marriage is love, of course."

"Yeah, I don't know what that means," I stated, then looked at River, who frowned, "Never had it, never wanted it, never needed it. Speaking of shit I don't need, I don't need you guys to tell me what I'm doing with my life. I'm only here until I can get on my fucking feet again and find the asshole who tortured me. Once he's dead, I'm long gone, be that dead or just gone, I don't care." Everyone looked weird now, just staring at me, clearly not understanding a single word I said and I wasn't ready to stick around for a therapy session I didn't need.

"I'm gonna go figure out where the hell Lucy went," I said, getting to my feet.

"Ah, I wouldn't do that if I were you," River said, making me scowl.

"Why the fuck not?"

"Can't you just talk normally? For once?"

"Why the fuck not please."

"That's not... That's not even... I give up," River decided, putting his hands on the table, "Go ahead and find out on your own. Far be it from me to protect your virgin eyes."

"Who the fuck is gonna stick their dick in my eyes?" I muttered, heading for the door, ignoring River's noise of irritation at my comment. I opened the door to the hallway and looked up and down the long empty corridors with a frown.

What happened to just making a phone call, asshole?

And why did it take two of them to make the call?

I started down the hallway with the intention to find Lucy's office, because Hades's was in a part of the building I hadn't explored yet and even if I had found it, he'd probably have some shitty boobytrap on it that would send me flying through the nearest window. Lucy's office, on the other hand, had a big ol' hug me sign on the front, because the guy was more thirsty for attention than River was.

"Four!" I looked up to see Lucy coming down the hallway toward me after I'd rounded a corner. He looked disheveled, his long wavy blonde hair a chaotic mess and knotted on the right side of his head, his lips and neck bruised, and his clothes askew. I scowled.

"The fuck did you just do? Run a marathon?" I asked.

"Not run," Hades said, suddenly materializing beside Lucy, making me stiffen. The big guy looked pretty messy too and had a big nasty bite mark on his throat that made me frown. It looked like something with huge fangs...

Suddenly the lights around me went out. Hades and Lucy were gone. The palace was gone.

Abruptly, I was back in that shitty cobblestone cell, laying on the floor on my stomach. I couldn't feel anything, only because I was numb and I wasn't sure if it was the cold that made me numb or the pain, because the cobblestones were soaked in blood, and what smelled like piss. I couldn't really move, my whole body just sprawled and stuck to the cold wet stones. My teeth were chattering and I couldn't focus my eyes. They just kept darting everywhere with a panic I didn't quite feel.

"C-Cold..." I shivered, swallowed at a dry lump in my throat, coughing, before I groaned and tried to lift myself, but fuck, it was like my body weighed a thousand pounds. I slumped back to the floor, spitting at a piece of hay soaked in blood. I blinked and peered into the cell beside me.

"Bai...t... ba...t..."

"Stop talking." Bait's voice. It was firm. Very no bullshit.

"H...urts..."

"I know. Just stop talking." What the fuck was his problem? Who did he think he was talking to?

I tried again to lift myself, but ended up slumping back down and I felt a whimper escape my throat as the pain started to return full force. Everything hurt. My arms and legs and back and groin and head and fingers and toes and gods, I think even the hair on my head hurt. Even worse, my body involuntarily shivered from the cold, which only sent more pain rocketing up my back.

"Bai...t... hurt..."

"I can't help you."

"C-Cold..."

"There's no blankets here. Listen, you have got to stop talking, Four, please--"

"Hey!" There was a loud clatter, the sound of bars rattling and fast heavy footsteps from nearby. I panicked at the sound, gasped as I could only scramble and shove myself along the cobblestones to the further corner so I could get a good look at whoever was coming, but the person didn't run at me. The person ran into Bait's cell and grabbed him by the throat, hauling him up and against the far wall.

"I told you not to speak to him, do you fucking understand me, you worthless shit? What did I tell you? What. Did. I. Tell. You." Each word was emphasized by slamming Bait into the wall. I couldn't make out the huge dark shadow who had him pinned. I blinked hard, trying to focus on it, but all I could see was Bait's eyes rolling up in his head and his body went limp. The shadow tossed him on the floor carelessly and stormed out of the cell, slamming it shut.

Panting from a panic I didn't realize I was experiencing, I managed to lean over to look in Bait's cell to see if he was even still alive. Sure enough, Bait's eyes flashed open again, but he didn't move. He just laid on the floor, unmoving.

"Bait... Bait?"

"What's that? You want more, baby?" The shadow's voice. I jerked my head around to see my cell clattering open as he came stalking inside, standing over me and I had to tilt my head way back to stare up at him, but I just couldn't see him. Not with that light shining so bright behind him to match the golden glow of his eyes. I saw his hand reach for me, watched claws extend from the nail beds, and a slow horrified scream tore up my throat.

"Nooo! No!"

The scream almost blew out my fucking eardrums. I gasped as something suddenly grabbed me and I was given a hard shake, which only amped up my panic. I opened my mouth with the intention to scream again when something sharp suddenly hit me across the face, making me gasp.

It took me a full moment to realize I was once again standing in the hallway of the palace in Hacian with Lucy and Hades. Hades had his hands on my shoulders, or at least, one of them, because the other one had just delivered the hardest slap across the face. I panted, trying to catch my breath as the panic seemed to abruptly stop and along with it came a wave of exhaustion.

"What the fuck," I managed shakily, stepping away from Hades's grasp, "At-At least b-buy me dinner first." Hades blinked, then narrowed his eyes and took a step toward me, but I stiffened and moved back. He didn't advance anymore. He opened his mouth to say something, but a weird noise suddenly interrupted him.

"Your phone is ringing. Your phone is ringing. Your phone is ringing." I looked around until I realized it was Lucy's phone and it was some weird child singing as his ringtone. Hades and I both turned to look at Lucy, who looked startled out of some kind of trance before he took his phone out and held it to his ear.

"H-hello? Oh! Hadrian, no, yes, of course, I'm sorry. I'll be down in just a moment." He looked at Hades, who nodded and Lucy left. Hades turned back to me and I stepped away from him when he did. It was some weird instinct. The moment I did, though, this weird look came onto Hades's face. I couldn't really tell what it was, but as quickly as it was there, it was gone and replaced with a strange cold mask.

"Go to the lounge. Your cousins are waiting there. I'll meet you in your room after they're gone."

"Okay, no thanks--"

"I wasn't fucking asking, kid," Hades snapped, then vanished on the spot. I scowled. The fuck was his problem? I shook my head and felt a little shudder go through me. I shook myself off a bit to get rid of that creepy crawly feeling before I started back down the hallway where the lounge was.

Of course, the moment I entered, Hadrian, Three, Six, and Seven were all already waiting around the bar. They all looked up when I came in.

"That was fucking fast," I muttered.

"You're the one who asked them to come," Raven's voice said behind me. I stiffened, then turned to see that Raven was right behind me, and so was River.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked River, who frowned.

"I have nothing else to do."

"Then go home."

"I'm afraid I cannot do that until my father decides."

"Cypress Windstorm," Hadrian said, making River blink and look up in surprise as Hadrian came up to where the couch was so he could study River, "You're River Windstorm. The heir to the Windstorm clan, and Tartarus."

"You're well informed," River replied, "My apologies for crashing your party. If you'd like me to leave, I will."

"No," Six said suddenly, making everyone look at him, "Ah, no, that's fine. You're welcome to join us. We're actually kind of surprised Four even asked us to be here." Everyone looked at me now.

"Great," I said, "Fine. Whatever. Everyone sit down. We got shit to discuss."

"What kind of shit?" Seven asked warily. I looked at him.

"How about we start with... Where the fuck is Bait?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 93 17
Hell is the only thing I can think of when you ask me about my life. Having been tortured and abused since adolescence by not only my father but his...
109K 7.8K 82
Blood for blood An eye for an eye Family for family I am back for revenge and I need my throne BACK, everyone that betrayed me is going to see the WR...
1.9M 100K 29
[Book 10] Raven takes his job seriously, so there's no way he has time for his own personal stalker, Devereaux, the Deadly Sin of Lust. But with war...
450 47 30
Her life was never supposed to turn out this way. No, in fact life had a whole other route planned for her. But she just happened to catch a certain...