Illegal My Ass

By makeandoffer

Mia Hastings was never one to follow the rules. Her brother knew it, her best friend knew it. Everyone knew... More

Illegal My Ass
Chapter 2- 'Your hands are exploring more than Dora.'
Chapter 3-'And why exactly did you beat down Crocodile Dundee over there?'
Chapter 4- 'You'll thank me when you wake up without herpes.'
Chapter 5- 'Dude, you actually have a mangina.'
Chapter 6- 'There is no finer art than pornography.'
Chapter 7- 'What are you talking about? I could so get laid in prison'
Chapter 8- 'You spoon raped me Hastings.'
Chapter 9-' You did NOT have sex in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.'
Chapter 10- 'And by it, I mean my metaphorical penis.'
Chapter 11- 'I'd rather shove Harry Potters wand up my ass.'
Chapter 12- 'Well done Mia, you beat the crap out of an old guy.'
Chapter 13- 'I'm not touching it Drake.'
Chapter 14- 'Oh nothing really, just making your grandchildren.'
Chapter 15- 'Be ready with the camera as soon as we hear trousers unzip.'
Chapter 16- Every man has a zombie plan.
Chapter 17- 'Isn't it my job to get you wet?'
Chapter 18- 'We drink like immortals.'
Chapter 19- 'Prisons changed you man.'
Chapter 20- 'Spooning always leads to forking.'
Chapter 21- 'All it takes is a bag of cheese balls to say I love you.'
Chapter 22- 'That was uncalled for...you pool table whore.'
Chapter 23- 'Shut up or I will never touch you again.'
Chapter 24- 'He's sat on a toilet, high & singing the Family Guy theme tune.'
Chapter 25- 'It was like we were possessed...By two really horny ghosts.'
Chapter 26- 'I don't want my family to think I prefer sausage to sea food.'
Chapter 27- 'You're right. It's not a date. It's a freaking Marriage.'
Chapter 28- 'And by elephant, I meant his massive hard on.'
Chapter 29- 'I didn't punch him in the throat. I think that went well.'
Chapter 30- 'Hold on, I forgot my sombrero.'
Chapter 31- 'Drake, did we make babies last night?'
Chapter 32- 'We full on had a Jerry Springer moment in the middle of a bar.'
Chapter 33- 'Probably commandment number one of the hoe bible.'
Chapter 34- 'You taste like sunshine...and beer.'
Chapter 35- 'My brain shut off and my penis took the wheel.'
Chapter 36- 'This is the effect O'Connell penis has on a girl.'
Chapter 37- 'We were screwed. And not in the good way.'
Chapter 38- 'We were more public than a Kardashian.'
Chapter 39- ' You're rocking the walk of shame uniform.'
Chapter 40- 'You're thinking about my penis aren't you?'
Chapter 41- 'We stole a parrot & tried to teach it how to sing Bump N Grind'
Chapter 42- 'He tried and failed like the Twilight Films.'
Chapter 43- 'Stop avoiding the question you giant Dildo!'
Chapter 44- 'I'm like the Superman of the boner world.'
Chapter 45- 'Try to stall him without taking your clothes off.'
Chapter 46- 'I'm like a butcher, I enjoy showing everyone my meat.'
Chapter 47- 'Every compliment is expected to be repaid in blowjobs.'
Chapter 48- 'You need to see the size of him. He was like a Fridge.'
Chapter 49- 'Unwillingly, I decided to stop threatening the Hospital staff.'
Chapter 50- 'I was like James Bond, but with a vagina.'
Chapter 51- 'I didn't say I knew how to pick them.'

EPILOGUE

957K 27.2K 22.8K
By makeandoffer

A:N: Right guys, this is it! Took me about 2 weeks to finish it and its 24 pages long on word, but finally here it is! There wont be a sequel, but this is long enough to count for about 3 of my standard chapters! I was getting emotional, i fell in love with Mia and Drake over the last few months! I want to thank every single one of you for reading, voting and messaging on the chapters. All your lovely messages made me want to finish this story and i really hope the last chapter will do it justice! Thank you so much for sticking with me and reading this story, i literally love you all!

Here it is! Enjoy my lovelies!

--

7 years later

She was having a breakdown. I mean a proper full on Britney head shave breakdown.

“Lacey you need to calm down and breathe before you give yourself heart failure.” I tried to calm her down, holding my hands out to attempt to somehow grab her to stop her frantic pacing.

“I can’t Mia everything is going to go wrong. I can feel it.” She was panting “I mean, the stupid caterers already messed up and made seafood for the buffet later. Seafood! Your Aunt Betty is like deathly allergic, we’re going to have a fucking crime scene by the end of today I can just feel it!”

“Okay, Lacey just breathe. Everything will be fine, I will warn Aunt Betty to stay as far away from the seafood as she can. I’ll tell her it’s literally a life or death situation.” I told her, trying to bite back the smile I’ve been wanting to let out ever since Lacey started having this meltdown. I know I shouldn’t laugh, but it was pretty funny.

She was fine up until about 10 minutes ago. We were happily getting ready, squeezing Lacey into her dress and then she took one look at herself in the full length mirror, and psycho Lacey came out to play.

I had to usher her mother and the dress fitting women out of the room, reassuring them I would have the situation under control. I felt like a city cop calming civilians down after a bomb threat in a town square. Pretty accurate metaphor I think.

“What if he does a runner? What if that bastard genuinely jolts me at the altar and I’m left there a mess with this stupid dress on while he’s catching the next flight to Mexico with another woman who he met at work or something?!” I swear she was about to hyperventilate.

“First of all, you know he would never dump you at the altar, he’d let someone know so you wouldn’t make it to the altar. Second of all, he hates Mexican food. I remember I made him that burrito once and he was held up in the toilet for 4 hours. And third of all, he works in construction. Not many women in that line of work, unless the one he’s running off with is 6ft 3 with stubble called Dave.”

I swear I may as well not have said anything, because she continued her hectic pacing. She placed her hand on her forehead as she came to an abrupt stop and looked at me.

“Mia, I am allowed to panic okay. It’s my wedding day!” Lacey yelled, but it wasn’t in the typical excited bride voice where she says it whilst jumping up and down on the spot clapping her hands. She said it like she just announced she was about to get penetrated by metal bat with barbed wire at the end of it.

I couldn’t help the smile that appeared on my lips as I shook my head in amusement. I guess she was allowed to freak out slightly, I mean she was finally about to take that big step. The step every girl probably thinks about when they’re little whilst watching ‘The Little Mermaid’ or ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Lacey however was acting like she was doing her wedding plans whilst enjoying the Exorcist in 3D.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce that my brother finally grew a set of balls big enough and realised that this little freak in front of me right now panicking in her wedding dress was in fact the right girl for him.

We all knew sooner or later it was going to happen. Those two were like magnets, or like a Virgin’s knees. They would always end up together.

They had been together now for 7 years, and on Lacey’s 22nd birthday Nate proposed to her. I knew he was going to do it because he asked me what he should do. Whether to do the cheesy on one knee thing, or put the ring in the champagne glass or something like that. I knew that one was a bad idea because I have seen that girl drink. She would chug the entire glass down without a second thought, ring and all.

Fortunately because I knew Lacey better than she knew herself, I told him the perfect way to propose to her.

He took her to Disneyland for her birthday. She loved it of course, but Nate just added the cherry on top of the cake when he paid (‘a shit load of money’, according to him) for Minnie and Mickey Mouse to do this whole act in front of them, in the middle of the park, where Mickey got down on one knee to propose to Minnie. Lacey of course being the child that she is was watching the whole show so intently that it took her a while to notice another two characters dressed as Mickey and Minnie holding a big banner up with the words ‘Want to Marry me Lacey?’ on them.

Of course, Lacey almost poo-ed out a baby with excitement and didn’t hesitate in jumping on Nate whilst screaming ‘of course I fucking will.’ Romantic right to the very end apparently.

So yeah, a year later and here we are.

Lacey looked beautiful in her dress of course. Her hair was down in loose curls and her makeup was flawless. She looked like the perfect bride.

Until she opened her mouth.

“Oh God, what if I fall over going down the aisle?” She tells me her next theory of how today will be ruined “I can just see it now. That stupid song playing, I walk down trying to look all respectable and shit and I trip, falling and cracking my head open and getting blood all over this white dress!”

I snorted a laugh “I still can’t believe you wore white…”

“How are you helping right now?!” Her voice went so high pitched I flinched slightly.

I sighed, realising I needed to do something and fast before the bride would end up getting whisked off in an ambulance for having a seizure. After a few minutes of thinking, a smile came across my mouth as I realised I had the perfect thing to calm her nerves.

***

Half an hour later, we were both sat on the big sofa in the bride’s changing room, downing Jack Daniels straight from the bottle.

“This was a really good idea.” Lacey commented, taking a mouthful of it before scrunching her eyes and handing it to me “Seriously I feel a lot better.”

I let out a laugh, taking a swig of it myself “I am such a good maid of honour they should built me a plaque.”

“You calmed my nerves by feeding me alcohol.” Lacey pointed out.

“Worked thought didn’t it?” I replied smugly, and I saw her smile before she takes the bottle from me. I let out a laugh as I watched her “There is nothing classier than seeing a bride on her wedding day, in her wedding dress chugging from a JD bottle.”

Lacey shrugged “I was never your run of the mill bride anyway. It took Nate about 3 days to persuade me not to wear Vans under this dress.”

I furrowed my brows in disbelief “You were going to wear Vans?”

“The heel’s that dress maker bitch brought me are so painful I swear she’s put some kind of voodoo spell on them. Honestly, it’s like she wants me to break an ankle on my wedding day.”

“You were going to wear Vans?!” I exclaimed again in disbelief.

“You wouldn’t have seen them, the dress is too long. Plus, they were white Vans?” Lacey said as if that would automatically make it better.

I shake my head in amazement. She really was one of a kind.

She took another swig of the bottle, and I grabbed it quickly “Okay, that’s quite enough for you bridezilla. Don’t want you hiccupping through your vows now do we?”

I pushed myself up to my feet, walking over to the full length mirror to make sure my hair was still in place. As I looked over my reflexion, I was so happy that Lacey had not done the typical bride thing and made all her bridesmaids wear hideous dresses that would make Lady Gaga’s meat suit look like reasonable attire.

The dress she picked was a sleeveless chocolate brown, with a cream material going around the waist. It came just above my knees and I had to admit, it was a pretty nice dress. The make-up and hair people had a field day earlier, and they did a pretty good job at painting my face. My hair was in an up do with the bits they had curled earlier falling at all the right places. All in all, they did a good job.

The Jack Daniels bottle I was currently holding probably ruined the effect slightly, but still I looked pretty nice.

“You’re saying I'm freaking out, you wait until it’s your turn I guarantee you’ll be a crazier bitch than me.” Lacey commented through a laugh.

I calmly shook my head “Nope, and do you know why?”

“Why?”

“I’m going to get so high I’m going to be floating on the clouds.” I informed her in a sing song voice, waving one hand in the air to back up my point somehow. “Plus I don’t think the whole marriage thing is for me. Actually I don’t think a priest can come 10 feet of me without me going up in flames.”

“I know that was a joke, but please stay as far away from the priest today as you can.” Lacey warned me with worry in her eyes. Jeez, she really was considering every possible scenario where today could go up in flames. Literally.

I took another drink out of the bottle before placing it on the side.

“Is Drake even here yet?” Lacey asked, not moving from the position she was in on the sofa.

I shake my head “Nope.”

“Where is he?”

“Prison.”

She narrowed her eyes at me “You know, if you keep answering that question so bluntly people really are going to think you’re dating an inmate.”

I couldn’t help the amused grin at my mouth. I loved saying that to people and watching the shocked expressions on their face. It was always a good way to find a funny 5 minutes when you were bored.

“He better get here soon though, the wedding starts in an hour.”

“Don’t worry visiting hours should be ending now. He’ll be here in about 15 minutes.”

She turned to me and gave me a faint smile “He wasn’t pissed you didn’t go with him today was he?”

I returned her smile “No of course not, he understood as a good maid of honour I had to be here from the start to make sure the bride doesn’t have a panic attack or bolt for the door. He was fine with it.”

“Thanks’ by the way. I know you hate missing a visit, but seriously thank you for being here. I think I would have been on that plane to Mexico myself by now if you weren’t.” Lacey laughed, and I couldn’t help but join her.

Drake was Nate’s best man today, but he had not arrived yet because he was currently visiting his father. He felt guilty for not being here for Nate this morning, but Nate understood that Drake had to do this. It was Andrew’s birthday today so he definitely couldn’t miss this visit. Normally I would go with him. Every couple of weeks we would visit Andrew, for almost 7 years without fail we have done this.

After all, Drake owed Andrew his life.

That night 7 years ago, Andrew O’Connell was arrested for the murder of Derek Black. A few months later, he was sentenced to 20 years imprisonment, not just for the murder but for the other charges, such as the drug dealing, fraud, GBH and a bucket load of other ‘skills’ shall we say he had used whilst working for Derek’s firm for all those years.

Andrew never complained. Not once. Throughout his arrest and throughout his court case not once did he pipe up and explain what really happened that night.

As far as the police knew, Drake and I were never in that garage the day Andrew killed Derek.

I didn’t know why he did it; he never explained why he did it either. There was no big ‘I did this to make up for all the years I wasn’t there’ speech. As soon as he put those 3 bullets into Derek’s body, he just turned and told us to get out. Drake never asked, but I knew for a fact he didn’t need to be told the reason behind Andrew’s action.

It was the most fucked up gesture ever to show someone that you do in fact care about them, but it was probably one of the most considerate things someone will ever do for us.

Because of Andrew, Drake could have a normal life. Because of Andrew, I didn’t lose Drake. We owed that man everything, and I made a promise the day he got sent away that I would make sure he knew how grateful I was because of it. We never discussed it, but judging by the fact Drake has visited his father without fail for 7 years, he made the same promise to himself as well.

Prison actually suited Andrew quite well. Every time we would visit him, the only thing he would complain about would be the fact that the only action he could get in there was either shower based with a cellmate, or his own hand. Other than that, he fitted in pretty well. No surprise there.

Apparently because people knew who he used to work for, and they knew who he was and what he was in for, they respected him beyond belief. They literally treated him like he was Lord Andrew and the entire prison was his empire. I knew from the smug, amused smirk on his mouth when he told me this he didn’t mind one bit.

Before we knew it, the hour had flown by and it was time to get my best friend down that aisle and officially married to my brother. I know it was very immature of me, but I was quite giddy about the fact after all the years me and Lacey referred to each other as sisters, she was technically legally becoming mine. In law, but still it counted.

I am well aware I am 23 year old woman, and not a pre-pubescent girl who still wears pigtails.

My stomach was starting to turn with nerves myself as we began to file out of the room.

Lacey and Nate were getting married in a Hotel. It was beautiful, almost like a castle. My brother however didn’t quite appreciate the beauty of it, especially after he handed over a cheque to pay for booking it. I’ve never seen Nate’s face paler than when he signed that cheque, and that includes that 2 weeks he was hospitalised from anaemia.

I could hear the chattering of people as we approached the big double doors that led into the hall. Lacey’s cousin was here as a bridesmaid, and so was Jimmy’s wife Valerie. They were both currently trying to straighten out her veil while Lacey was doing the very un-lady like task of sorting out her underwear, complaining it was cutting into her like a knife.

“Where the hell is my dad?!” Lacey almost screamed whilst looking around.

As if right on cue, a slightly overweight man in a tux comes waddling around the corner with a mouthful of some type of sandwich he was holding in his hand.

“I am so sorry, I didn’t realise it was already that time. I skipped breakfast.” He quickly explained, swallowing the mouthful. He actually went to take another bite of the sandwich, but Bridezilla had other thoughts.

She snatched it from him “No, I will not have you with ham breath giving me away. Enough sandwich!”

She actually turned to find somewhere to put the sandwich, and to my utter amusement once she realised there were no bins, she turned to one of the big (clearly expensive looking) plants by either side of the door and threw the sandwich in the plant pot.

We heard the music begin to play, telling us it was time to pull our acts together, sort our underwear out, throw all light snacks away and walk down this fucking aisle (without tripping, cracking our skulls open and covering these dresses in our own blood) before someone that worked here realised there was a ham sandwich in one of the plant pots.

Lacey’s cousin walked in first, and after a few seconds it was Valerie’s turn.

“Good luck Lace!” Valerie shrieked in excitement before she left us. I had to smile at her genuine excitement, I always liked Valerie. Jimmy did right by marrying her. It was obvious that Jimmy, the only sensible one out of the group, would be the first to get married. They had been together for about 5 years and got married 2 years ago, much to Sean and Luke’s protests who were claiming that they were never falling into the marriage trap.

They, and I quote, we’re going to bang their way through their 30’s, 40’s, and possibly late 50’s.

Then Luke met Tasha last year and they moved in with each other within 6 months.

The amount of fun we had with that was unbelievable. Sean felt a little betrayed, but vowed he would stick to being the best bachelor he could possibly be, making Hugh Heffner proud and every single other man slut out there.

So far, he has stuck pretty good to his promise. From the text I got from Jimmy earlier, he had already felt up Lacey’s cousin by the hotel reception when they were waiting to check in this morning.

Lacey looked up at me once she was done straightening her dress, a nervous but excited smile at her lips.

“This is it Mia!” she actually almost squealed, and I couldn’t help it I laughed. Her clear excitement was infectious.

“You’re going to do great, just don’t fall on the voodoo heels okay?” I quickly reassured her, and she gives me a guilty smile.

I narrowed my eyes at her suspiciously before glancing down at her feet. I couldn’t see them because the dress was so long, but I knew exactly why she looked so guilty.

“You’re wearing your Vans aren’t you?” I accused her.

Her response was a toothy, guilty caught out grin.

I shook my head and turned, not believing I was bridesmaid for a bride who was wearing actual Vans under a dress that cost over a thousand pounds. My brother was going to have a hernia.

As I walked into the room my eyes widened slightly as I took in the full room. Jesus Christ, I didn’t even know we knew this many people. Clearly this was Lacey’s doing and probably felt the need to invite every human she had ever met in her 23 years. I wasn’t positive or anything, but I swear near the back rows of seating, I saw Nate’s dentist.

I was smiling as I made my way down the aisle, glancing up to make sure my brother hadn’t passed out yet. My smile widened as I saw he was sweating slightly, the big gulp didn’t go unmissed either. My smile turned into a very different one as I noticed the man behind him whispering what I'm assuming were words of reassurance into my brothers ear. He looked mighty fine in a tux and I am not even going to deny it, I wanted to rip that tie off with my teeth while he was naked covered in baby oils and chocolate. Probably not the best thought to cross my mind as I was getting closer and closer to the Priest.

His eyes left Nate, and as they landed on me his brows instantly shot up as his eyes scanned me up and down, clearly not that far from my own train of thought. The dirty smirk I knew all too well was modelled at his mouth and I suddenly had the urge to object to this wedding just so I could have a quickie with the best man in any empty room of this hotel.

The filthy thoughts in my head quickly got wiped as I noticed stood next to the man I was lusting over stood my dad. If that doesn’t snap your legs together then I don’t know what will. He smiled warmly at me. Stood behind him were the rest of the squad; Jimmy Luke and Sean all looking mighty dapper in their tuxes.

I finally reached the end of the aisle and stood in front of Valerie, meeting my brothers nervous glance as I gave him a reassuring smile. Then suddenly, the expression on his face did a complete 180 as he turned back to the doors and Lacey appeared.

He was stunned for a minute, his eyes raking over her and I felt a flood of warmth flood through my chest at how stars truck my big brother actually was whilst staring at the woman he was about to commit his life to. His dumfounded expression suddenly turned into one of pure happiness, and I swear he forgot everyone else was in the room as he stared at Lacey making her way down the aisle like she was the only thing that ever made him smile.

When Lacey finally reached us, her dad turned to her with a weepy smile, kissing her one the cheek before he turned to Nate. He gave Nate a hug, but even I didn’t miss the ‘If you hurt her, I’ll kill you 3 times over’ parting words he gave my brother as he pulled back and gave him a smile. Nate looked stunned for a minute before he let out a nervous laugh, I think contemplating if his new father in law was in fact having a joke. Judging by the low whistle Sean let out; I think everyone knew he wasn’t.

Lacey’s dad went to sit on the front row next her mum, and Lacey turned to face Nate. The look they were giving each other made me feel really uncomfortable to be honest. Not because it was horrible or awkward or anything, but because it was a look so personal I felt rude to be watching in on it. They both looked so happy and to my relief bridezilla from earlier was completely gone. Nate no longer looked like he was about to hit the deck any second either. They just looked at each other with so many different emotions I didn’t know which one to pick out first. Relief that they were finally here, humour as they probably knew how the other one was shitting themselves leading up to this very moment, complete and utter happiness as they realised they were doing it.

I took my eyes away from them and let them land on the best man. I smiled as I realised Drake’s eyes were already on me. It amazed me even then that after all those years; he could still look at me like that. In a way that could make my knees turn into jelly and stomach fall out of my ass.

It wasn’t the most romantic description, but it was the most accurate one I could think of.

***

I was actually lost for words as I took in the bar.

The normal dingy little bar in which we had spent many years having messy drunken nights where we would be rolling on the floor, the same bar where I first dived into the Drake O’Connell waters and swam until my legs hurt, the same bar where Lacey once puked in one of the booths after an extra messy Saturday night currently looked like a place where people with class and dignity wouldn’t be ashamed to be seen in.

The tables had been decorated and done up, centrepieces were on each one. The walls were decorated with pictures of Nate and Lacey, there were flowers everywhere and the bar was almost unrecognisable. This was where Lacey and Nate wanted the reception. I was surprised that Lacey agreed to it, but even she said it seemed appropriate because this bar meant a lot to all of us. It was where we had spent the majority of our teenage years. The amount of laughs and memories that this bar held would fill up enough pages to make the Harry Potter series look like a short story.

Nate didn’t work in the bar anymore, he worked for a construction company now. Lacey found a job as a party planner, which I think was probably one of the most appropriate career paths for the girl. She was in her element, showing people how to have a good time. It was like her calling.

When Nate and Lacey told Jimmy they wanted their wedding reception at the bar I genuinely thought Jimmy was going to cry with joy. He made them proud though, as I looked around the bar it actually left me speechless and I knew he had gone all out.

This was Jimmy’s bar now. When the owner of the bar died 3 years ago, he left the entire bar to Jimmy. He was shocked because the boss hadn’t told him he was going to do anything like that, but it did make sense. He had no kids and no wife, and Jimmy treated this bar like it was his own child. I think he knew leaving it in Jimmy’s hands was the best thing he could do because he would look after it like it was his firstborn.

Drake struggled to find a job for a few years, as we all knew he would considering his record. He was working shitty shifts at fast food places and a few shops, but it was never enough for him to actually live on. When Jimmy inherited the bar, he made a deal with Drake. He would give him a share of the bar if he invested some money into getting it refurbished. Drake jumped at the offer and saved up for over a year, and 2 years ago he became part owner of the bar.

I am not even going to deny that the idea of Jimmy and Drake owning a bar together terrified me more than a horror film about a little girl ghost, but I was happy at the same time. This meant Drake would never have to worry about finding work or people turning him away because of his prison stay. Plus, the bar was a lot of people’s regular place to hang out. The girls that did come in (a little tipsy and a lot slutty) that tried flirting with him would find out pretty quickly that if they touched him I would remove the skin from their bones with a spoon.

Right, this is almost like the punchline to a very long joke but brace yourself for this revelation.

Do you know what career path I have decided to take?

I was studying to become a counsellor.

Yep, you heard me right. I, Mia Hasting, was giving other people advice on how to overcome addiction, depression and how to live their lives. I was almost a role model. Don’t worry, even I don’t miss the irony and humour of all of this.

I mean, I’m 23 years old and I will admit that I still enjoy a good drink, and if some illegal substance gets thrown my way I won’t be shy to dabble in it. I still enjoy having a good time, but I was an adult now and knew I had to find some sort of career. The idea that I could help other people go through some of the toughest shit of their lives made me pretty happy.

After I lost the baby 7 years ago, for a few months after that I was pretty bad. On top of all the stuff that was going on with Andrew’s court case, the worry that the police would throw Drake back inside and a bunch of other little things were a lot to handle. It was guilt mostly. I knew I wasn’t to blame for losing the baby, well I know that now, but at the time I was convinced it was because I kept drinking and partying that I lost it. Nate forced me to go and see a counsellor and it really did help. After that, I knew what I wanted to do.

Believe me though; I was far from a role model. I still stand by the fact that life is way too short and that you need to enjoy it as much as possible before it gets taken away from you. Think of the consequences later, enjoy it now because pretty soon we’re all going to be grey haired and wrinkled over like a used teabag.

I felt someone stand next to me and turned to see a proud grinning Jimmy “What do you think?”

“It looks amazing. I mean I actually feel like I'm in a respectable establishment. It almost makes you forget that every single one of us has had sex on one of these tables at one point or another.” I declared, and his eyes scanned around us.

“Keep your voice down; I don’t want the older guests thinking they’re going to get pregnant if they sit down.” Jimmy whispered warningly.

I laughed, looking around the room “Seriously though, if these walls could talk…”

Jimmy scoffed in agreement “They would be filthier than your boyfriend’s internet history.”

I smirked, turning to look at him. He returned my amused smile “You look beautiful Mia. Almost like a lady.”

“Thank you Jimbob, you scrub up pretty well yourself.”

“I know.” He replied without a hesitation “By the way Nate and Lacey will be here in about an hour. After the ceremony apparently they got into a bit of a dispute so they’re going home before they come here.”

I furrowed my brows curiously “They’re argued already?”

Jimmy sighed and looked at me with a ‘tell me about it’ expression “Apparently Nate flipped because Lacey was wearing fucking Vans during the ceremony.” I snorted a laugh and he looked at me with narrowed eyes “You knew?”

I held my hands up in defence “I found out when it was too late I swear.”

He shakes his head in disbelief “I swear you two were never actually females...” he drifted off “But yeah, they’re popping back to theirs and then coming here. I told Nate it would be a wasted journey, she isnt going to change her shoes.”

“Tell me about it, Nate still thinks he has any say in what that girl does.” I agreed with him, fondness in my voice because I knew those two arguing was what made them Nate and Lacey.  “Where’s Drake?”

“He’s here somewhere, saw him wingmanning Sean earlier with Lacey’s cousin. Which probably means I would avoid the back room for a while because judging by the looks of things, Drake was a really good wingman.”

I grimaced as I realised that behind the bar, in the middle of the majority of the food and drink we would later be eating, Sean was more than likely doing the bridesmaid.

“We’ve been here an hour, how does one man work so fast?” I asked in amazement.

Jimmy shrugged “He is a pig, but no one can deny the boy has a gift.”

I cocked my head with raised brows as I agreed with him. Sean really was talented when it came to making girls drop their underwear. I mean he’s managed to do it before we’ve even cut the cake. Hell, he’s managed to do it before the bride and groom have even arrived.

I laughed to myself. Lacey was going to flip when she realised one of the groomsmen was nailing her bridesmaid/cousin in the back room. The most hilarious thing about it was though; Lacey’s cousin had a boyfriend. Clearly they were happy together.

The room was getting more and more crowded as more people started to arrive. There were so many people I haven’t seen in years, distant family and Lacey’s family. I now realised my earlier suspicions were correct and Nate’s dentist was in fact by the buffet table stuffing his face with prawns. Wonder if that’s good for your teeth?

One of the waiters walked by with a tray of drinks, and I instantly swiped two from the tray, downing one for good measure and placing the empty cup on one of the tables. I grimaced in disgust as I realised it was champagne. Great, that was about as enjoyable to drink as chlamydia. Give me a vodka red bull anyway over this shit.

Again, I have no idea how I’m qualified to counsel other people to be better.

“Makes a father proud, watching his daughter chug a drink like a football fan on match day.” My father’s voice interrupted my thoughts, and I turned to see him approach me with an amused shake of the head and a smile.

I pointed my other champagne glass at him “I’ve been legally allowed to drink for years now, you cannot judge me.”

He snorted sarcastically “Yes because even when you weren’t legally allowed I could do much to stop you.”

I smiled guiltily “Blame Nate. He was a very bad role model.”

“I accepted that that day I came back home and you were all in my kitchen and he was holding a beer bong for you.” He reminded me, and I laughed at the memory. That was a funny day, not at the time because my dad went Avengers on our asses, but looking back on it I can laugh now. Now I know I’m not going to be murdered. My dad’s smiled at me warmly “You look beautiful Mia.”

I returned his smile “I hope so, you paid enough for the makeup people.”

A look of pain crossed his face as I reminded him. He had footed a lot of the bill for today along with Lacey’s parents. I think it caused my dad physical pain to look at his account after today. It caused Nate physical pain and it wasn't even his own money he was handing over.

“Lacey definitely has the taste of an A-lister on a Z-lister’s budget.” He commented and I laughed “Seriously though, you look amazing. Just like your mother.”

My stomach flipped slightly at the mention of my mother. She died when I was really young so I never really knew her, but I knew my father loved her to pieces. That is probably why he never remarried. To my dad there was only ever one woman for him, and even though she was gone that would never change.

“She would be so proud of the both of you. You turned out pretty great. “He smiled, before he snorted a laugh “Considering.”

I laughed, stepping forward and placing a kiss on his cheek “That’s because we had a pretty awesome dad.”

I swear I saw his eyes redden as he heard me. I knew my dad always felt guilty about working overseas and being away so often, but Nate and I both knew that this was because he wanted to give us the best life possible. My dad still worked abroad, and now that Nate and I were old enough he finally moved out there for good. He still visited a lot and even though we were adults, Nate and I knew that all it would take was a phone call for him to get on a plane and come back.

My dad signed the house over to Nate when he finally decided to move out to America. Lacey moved in when she was 18 and could afford to help out with the bills. Drake soon followed suit after that, our house had always been his real home anyway so it was just a matter of time before he officially moved in.

Once Lacey and Nate got engaged however, Drake and I realised we couldn’t live with them forever. They were going to be a married couple and pretty soon were going to have a family of their own. We knew we had to get out own place because maybe, just maybe, one day we would have that as well.

We moved into our own flat just after they got engaged. It wasn’t a huge flat but to be honest having a place that is yours is amazing. I could do anything, I got to move whatever I wanted where I wanted, paint the walls whatever I wanted, got to walk around naked if I wanted to whenever I wanted. Okay, Drake also lived there but let’s be honest I was the one with the vagina. What I said went. Plus, he didn’t really put up that much of a fight about the walking around nude part. If it was up to him, ‘Naked Sunday’s’ would be a bigger event than Christmas.

I suddenly realised everyone around us started cheering and clapping, and I turned to the door to see Nate and Lacey walk into the bar. Dad and I joined in the cheering, whilst the newlyweds just laughed.

I shook my head in amusement. Judging by the fact Lacey hadn’t grown in height since the ceremony, I knew my brother’s demands were still unmet.

Lacey was still the bride who wore the Vans.

***

I seriously needed to stop drinking this shit. I hated it, it tasted like someone was peeing directly into my mouth but yet I was unable to say no when the waiter kept coming around with another glass of champagne.

I was sitting at the top table. Nate and Lacey were sat in the middle; Drake was sitting in his best man seat next to Nate while I was next to Lacey. I was a little gutted because all the guys were on Nate’s side, which meant all the good banter and conversation were about 3 seats away from me. Don’t get me wrong, I love Valerie but you can’t beat Sean’s tales of filth. No doubt he was spilling the beans about ‘smashing the bridesmaid’ already. I had to resist a laugh as I looked next to Valerie to Lacey’s cousin, who was sitting there looking a little flustered and bits of her hair had come loose.

Smash he certainly did by the looks of her. Wonder if that will make the wedding video.

Nate was whispering something in Lacey’s ear, making her giggle. I grimaced, they were cute don’t get me wrong and yes they were newly married, but why couldn’t Lacey sit me with the guys so I could be complaining about this shitty champagne and playing ‘spot the next victim’ with Sean.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard someone clinking their glass with their fork. My eyes shot around to Drake, who was standing up now as he waited for the room to quieten down. Jesus, I was so many champagne glasses down I’ve forgotten we haven’t even done the speeches yet.

“Hush down ladies and gentlemen, it’s time for the main event of the evening…” Drake was gesturing his hands for them to hush down, an amused smirk on his mouth. Once everyone had their full attentions on him, he carried on “…I know a lot of you thought the main event had already happened, but I am happy to inform you this thing here…” he gestured his hand dismissively to Nate and Lacey “…The whole wedding thing was like the event before the main event. You know like when you buy tickets to see Rihanna and some guy comes on before to entertain you while she gets ready at the back? Well, you will be thrilled to hear Rihanna has finally arrived.” He smirked over to the crowds of people as they started laughing and cheering, clapping their hands at him. I shook my head with a smile. The guy really knew how to work a crowd. “For all of your sakes though, I wont be wearing underwear and grinding up on Jimmy throughout my speech though don’t worry.” People laughed and a few actually groaned in disappointment.

He picked up his champagne glass and took a deep breath. “Right, I am well aware the best man speech is Holyer than the Bible at a wedding, so I know expectations are high. First, I'm going to get the formalities out of the way and thank, on the grooms behalf, everyone for coming today. We knew everyone that meant something to Nate or Lacey would turn up today for this special occasion. The open bar.” Laughter echoed around the room, a few people cheered in agreement clearly agreeing an open bar helped any occasion. I made a mental note to find these people because I think we could be good friends.

Drake grinned “Also, I think a massive thank you is owed to Lacey’s parents and Nate’s dad, who’s wallets funded your dinner people so give them a cheer.” Drake lifted his glass and the people around the bar followed suit, cheering just like their ‘leader’ ordered. Drake turned to Nate, shaking his head with that grin still on his face “Now that the formal stuff is out of the way, this is meant to be the part where I embarrass the groom with stories about his youth right?” People yelled out in agreement, and Nate groaned “I am never a man to disappoint. Before I start though, I would like to point out just how beautiful Lacey looks tonight.” He pointed his glass at Lacey, and people cheered and clapped in agreement causing Lacey to blush. Drake turned to Lacey “Seriously Lace, if you weren’t sandwiched between my girlfriend and your husband right now, I would probably hit on you I’m not going to lie.” Everybody laughed, then Drake turned his attention to Nate “And you! Nathan Hasting’s, you need to high five me now because you my friend are hitting that.” Everyone bursts out laughing, even Nate was laughing. He actually high fived Drake “I apologise to Lacey’s parents, but let’s all have a moment of appreciation that my former wingman over here punched well above his weight and came out on top.” Drake turned to face the crowd, and people erupted in a proud cheer, Sean Jimmy and Luke louder than the entire room.

“It is weird though, seeing Nate finally take the plunge. I’ve known Nate since I was 6 years old, and in all that time the only thing I’ve seen him commit to was a lifetime membership to Pornhub.” Laughter filled the room, and Nate covered his mouth with his hand part in embarrassment and part with amusement “I am picking my words very carefully right now because I may have a lot on our groom, but this groom also has pictures of me wearing a pink wig in just my boxers passed out outside a Burger King, so I don’t really want to push any wrong buttons. Plus, Mr Hasting’s has already warned me if I let out the F bomb once in this speech he is going to throw me off the roof, so you can understand why I’m being so careful.” Everyone laughed, and it didn’t surprise me. Everyone was worried about Drake’s speech, Drake wasn’t exactly one for sugar coating things or holding back, and there were some of our relatives here that had pacemakers.

“As I said, I’ve known Nate basically my entire life. Since we were 6 years old we were joined at the hip, getting in more trouble than our parents would appreciate. Using his sister’s bra’s as water balloon slingshots. I don’t think there is anything me and this man haven’t shared. It was touch and go for a while if there would ever be any women in our lives at all because we were debating on just marrying each other.” Laughter filled the room “Actually, there was a time where we almost broke up because I found out he actually peed on my bed whilst trying to find the toilet in the dark, but we worked on it and fought through it. Plus, and this is a revelation to not only you guys but also to my best friend here, I got my own back. I urinated in his shampoo bottle shortly after he broke this news to me.”

“What the hell man?!” Nate exclaimed, clearly having no clue. Drake smirked down at Nate, the hysterical laughter of everyone around the room in the background.

Drake ruffled Nate’s hair “An eye for an eye pumpkin.”

Nate grimaced, and everyone carried on laughing at his reaction. Even Lacey was laughing at her husbands expense. Drake turned back to the crowd.

“Anyway, all pee pranks aside, this guy really is my best friend. It’s no secret to anyone here I spent a few years locked up, not something I am proud of, but even while I was inside Nate would come to visit me without fail, telling me stories about what was going on in the real world. Most of them involving the different ways in which girls rejected him. I think my favourite one was the girl who told him she didn’t have genitals. Her precise words apparently were ‘I am like Barbie down there, I wouldn’t waste your time.’” Laughter erupted again, and even Nate was joining in now at the memory. Sean and Luke were crying with laughter as they clearly remembered that all too well.

“My entire life I was never really close to my family, I never had any brothers or sisters or anything but I can honestly say I never really noticed because even though it wasn’t my actual family, I always felt like I had one. Nate wouldn’t complain if I spent yet another week sleeping in his spare room, and even though we have given each other more black eyes than I can remember because one of us would eat the last slice of pizza from the fridge it always felt normal. Almost every single memory I have has this man in it, and to be honest I think of him more as my brother than I do a best friend anyway.”

Drake suddenly smirked “Even though we are and will always be deeply in love, Nate and I could never be together like that. I accepted that. So like a true hero and opportunist that I am, what do I decide to do? I go for the more attractive, female and boob owning Hastings.” Loud cheers went around the room as Drake turned to me and winked. People were laughing, even my dad and Nate were clapping along with the others. “In all honestly, she’s probably manlier than Nate will ever be so it really doesn’t feel that different.” People laughed again, and I shrugged with a guilty smile.

Drake turned to Nate and Lacey, his champagne glass held a little higher than before.

“Seriously though, jokes aside, I am so happy for you two. Everyone knew it would end up like this, even when you two didn’t. Jimmy, Luke and Sean actually had a pool going on how long it would take for you two to finally realise you were head over heels for each other.”

“I won baby!” Luke interrupted standing to his feet and punching the air triumphantly. People laughed again and he sat back down with a smug grin.

Drake chuckled “We all knew it. I mean I don’t think anyone else would put up with either of you anyway so you were shit out of luck there.” Drake realised his slip and slapped a hand over his mouth “Sorry, slip of the tongue. Let’s be honest, we all knew it was going to happen.” He shrugged, and people actually mumbled in agreement. No one really had faith that Drake’s colourful vocabulary wouldn’t be make an appearance throughout his speech. I think people were more shocked that it took so long. Drake pointed at my dad “Don’t throw me off the roof, I think I’ve done pretty well so far.” People laughed, and my dad glared at him. You could tell he was holding back a laugh though.

Drake turned back to Nate and Lacey “You two deserve this. You deserve to be happy together and I am so happy you were lucky enough to be. He’s a great guy Lacey so look after him for me, and you-“ He pointed at Nate “Treat her right or I guarantee your own sister will knock you square out.”

“Here here!” I raised my champagne glass, and people around the room laughed and toasted back. Drake smirked at me before going back to the newlyweds.

“If I’m half as happy as I know you two are, then I know I’ve done well for myself. If it wasn’t for you buddy, I don’t even know if I would be here today and I probably owe you a lot more than a speech with a few porn and piss jokes in it, but I mean it man when I say that I really do love you and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.” Drake turned back to the room full of people hanging onto his every word. He raised his champagne glass high “To Nate and Lacey.”

“To Nate and Lacey.” The room toasted, raising their glasses. A wave of cheers and applause followed as Drake finished his speech. I couldn’t help but smile as I realised his speech was a hit.

Before Drake had a chance to sit back down, Nate stood to his feet and embraced him in a hug. I couldn’t help it but that one little act actually made my eyes water. They hugged for a while, and it was obvious to anyone watching that these two boys really were family. I mean not by blood, but you don’t need to be blood related to be family. For a lot of people, people who were not related to you at all acted more like family than your actual family. For Drake especially, his friends were his family. We were the ones who were with him throughout all the shitty times in his life, and we were the ones that were still here now.

The relationship between Drake and his mother was never the same. It was sad that even after all these years things couldn’t get back to normal, but once Drake moved out the only time they really spoke was birthdays and Christmas. I knew Drake was devastated that he wasn’t closer to his mother, but I think he came to terms with the fact his mother had problems of her own. I don’t know if they’re relationship will ever be solved to be honest.

Drake did finally have a relationship with one of his actual biological parents though. Ironically however, it was the man who he spent so many years hating. The man who gave up his life so that Drake could live his.

Funny how things turn out in the end.

***

Apparently I wasn’t the only person taking advantage of the constant flow of champagne. I had distant relatives who were so hammered they were doing the ‘Thriller’ dace in the middle of the dance floor. The best thing about it though, my dad was leading the pack. I thought Lacey’s Aunt Fiona was going to shit a brick in excitement when my dad moonwalked earlier.

Lacey and Nate were on the dance floor, neither of them shy about the fact they were probably the most hammered bride and groom to ever grace the planet. They looked like they were enjoying themselves. I haven’t seen them stop laughing since the party fully kicked in and everyone got on the dance floor. I have also discovered that Luke can do a pretty impressive worm as he got in the middle of a circle of people and broke it down like he was starring in his own ‘Step Up’ film.

I was definitely feeling the effects of the champagne. After about the 11th glass, I decided it really didn’t taste that vile anymore. Apparently you really do get a taste for something the more you try it. I left the dance floor just as my dad grabbed Lacey and they both started to do the Harlem Shake and made my way to the toilet.

I didn’t even make it there before I felt someone grab my wrist and yank me forcefully into one of the backrooms. I screamed as a reflex, but there was no chance anyone could hear me over the music and the cheers of people encouraging my best friend and father as they pretended to hump the air.

I turned to a smirking Drake standing by the door, which he casually locked. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously, knowing when that smirk was on his face he was up to something.

“If you think I’m doing anything in here right now you are sadly mistaken. Apparently even I have some sort of moral code considering my Aunt Betty is in the next room, and she still thinks I’m a strong believer in no sex before marriage.” I made clear to him, to which he snorted a laugh.

“Poor Aunt Betty. She would be so disappointed if she knew the kind of girl you really were then.” He smirked at me, his eyes raking my body up and down.

“Whatever do you mean?” I asked feigning offence.

“I mean that you Mimi are one of the filthiest girls I’ve ever met. You make me look like a prude when it comes to the bedroom.” He took a step forward, raising his brows and I could tell he was picturing things that would back up his point.

“As lovely as this is-you hinting I’m a little looser than the average girl-I’m going to get back to the party…” I drifted off, going to walk around him but he stepped in front of me blocking my way. I looked up at him and sighed, to which he just grinned back at me in amusement.

“I did pull you in here for a reason actually.” He tells me.

“And I’ve already said I’m not having sex with you.”

“No you dirty bitch, not for that. Your mind really is always in the gutter isn’t it?” He raised his brows accusingly, and I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, if this encounter isn’t to satisfy your extremely high sex drive, what’s it about?”

He laughed “Okay, first before I get to the point, how much have you had to drink?” he questioned, lowering his head and inspecting my face closely “Will you remember this conversation or has the alcohol taken over completely?”

“I’m okay, I’ve had a few glasses of champagne but I can walk and talk so go ahead.”

“Champagne? You hate champagne.” Drake looked at me quizzically.

“It just keeps appearing. Like if you say Bloody Mary 3 times. It just keeps coming.” I tried to explain, and his grin widened as he tried to hold back a laugh.

“Just because its free doesn’t mean you have to drink them dry.” He pointed out.

I scoffed “Oh coming from you, last month when we went food shopping you ate so many bits of cheese you threw up for 4 hours just because they were giving out free samples.”

He grimaced and shivered “I can never look at a Babybell the same way again.” I laughed “No seriously, they’ve got a cheese platter in the buffet out there and one glance at it had me running for the toilet.”

My laughter came out harder. I actually saw him sprinting away from the buffet about an hour ago, not really getting why he Usain Bolted for the toilets earlier. Now it all made sense.

“Anyway, cheese aside I really have something to show you.” He got himself back on topic, and I stopped my laughter and tried to pay full attention. My shoulders were still shaking faintly though.

“Okay, spill it Drippy.” I ordered.

He grinned. His hands went to the belt of his trousers and he started to undo them. He got them fully undone and was just about to pull them down when my eyes widened and I grabbed his wrists to stop him.

“Drake, I already told you I’m not having sex with you here!” I exclaimed, not knowing whether to shake my head in amusement or shake my foot up his ass in anger.

He rolled his eyes “Again, get your mind out of the fucking gutter woman. I’m not after that right now.”

My brows furrowed in confusion “Why else would you be taking your trousers off then?”

His grin widened mischievously, not really convincing me this wasn't all a ploy to get me to have sex with him in this back room. He shook my hand off his wrist and turned around, and before I could stop him he had pulled his trousers down so they were around his ankles. His boxers were still on, and he grabbed the waistband of them and with a laugh he pulled them down so his entire ass was on display.

My mouth fell open instantly in shock as I realised what exactly he was showing me.

There, on his right ass cheek, was a tattoo I had never seen before.

“Is that real?” I asked in shock.

“As real as the one on your ass.” He replied, humour in his voice.

I didn’t know what to say at first, because I was completely stunned. I finally decided the only thing I could do in this situation was laugh in a mixture of nerves and disbelief.

The reason I was so stunned was because on his amazing, biteable ass the words ‘MARRY ME?’ were staring back at me.

I was so stunned that I took a step forward, lowering my head and inspecting the tattoo closer to prove it was actually real. I rubbed over the tattoo to see if it came off, but sure as hell it was as real as the one on mine branding me his property. If someone walked in now though, this would be pretty hard to explain.  I’m head level in Drake’s ass and rubbing his cheek like I was trying to get out a difficult stain.

I stood upright, still not being able to speak. He turned around to face me, the same grin never leaving his face as he gazed at me expectantly waiting for my response.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

He nodded his head like an excited child “As a fucking heart attack. What I said earlier in my speech, I meant it. I want to be as happy as Lacey and Nate are together, and the only person who makes me that happy is you. So as my ass has already said, marry me?”

I stared back dumfounded for about 5 seconds before the smile that appeared on my lips came out fighting, and I literally could not stop my body from jumping on him and engulfing him in a hug that was on the verge of a submission hold. I pulled back, screaming in excitement before I slammed my lips onto his. He laughed into the kiss at my reaction, but he didn’t complain about responding as his mouth moved against mine.

“That a yes then?” he laughed as we pulled back.

“That obvious?” I asked sarcastically, and he laughed again. “Let me see it again.”

He continued to laugh as he turned around, well shuffled around because of the trousers that were still around his ankles. He must have got fed up with them because he stepped out of them. However one of his feet got caught in the leg hole and the next thing I knew there was chaos. Most of the plates and glasses went flying off the sides, a few cases of alcohol slammed onto the floor as Drake fell ass over tit and landed on the floor.

By the time everything had stopped smashing and flying and Drake landed on the ground, I was struggling to breathe through my laughter and leaning over one of the beer barrels clutching my stomach. There were tears pouring down my face and I knew my makeup was screwed but I couldn’t give a flying fuck.

“That was literally the best day of my life…” I managed to choke out through my laughter. Drake turned so he was sitting on the floor leaning his back against the door.

“That wasn’t my smoothest moment…” Drake muttered, lifting his hips off the floor and pulling his boxers up so he wasn’t sitting bare assed on the floor. His eyes narrowed in on me as I had gotten to the point of laughing where no sound was coming out of my mouth “Yep, laugh it up Mia.”

I stood up straight, wiping tears from my eyes as I tried really hard to stop laughing but the image of him flying, ass out llike a baboon, kept replying in my head. It was on loop or something in my mind and every time it played I would be fighting to breathe. I’m guessing Drake got fed up of my laughing at his expense, because he leaned forward and grabbed my wrist, pulling me down to the ground on top of him. He adjusted me so I was straddling him. He looked amused as he watched me crying with laughter. I leaned back and sat on his lap, looking at him with my lips pressed together to stop the hysteria returning.

“If you carry on laughing I’ll take the proposal back.” He threatened.

“You can’t, it’s permanently written on your body.” I pointed out through another laugh.

“Ahh but that’s the beautiful thing about it, there’s no name. I can just use it again if this doesn’t work out.” He gestured between us, holding back a smirk. I punched his shoulder and he let out a laugh knowing his words did the trick.

I shook my head in disbelief “I still can’t believe you got that tattooed on your ass.”

He shrugged “I knew you weren’t the typical down on one knee girl, so I tried to be as creative as I could. I figured you’ve got something that makes you mine on your ass so I would get something that makes me yours on mine.”

My smile widened automatically at his fucked up little logic, but ironically it was actually really sweet. Drake sweet, which in normal people world would probably be on the same class as Romeo and Juliet. Only with a lot less ass references.

I leaned forward and snaked my arms around his neck, cocking my head as I gazed at him.

“I really know how to pick them.” I shake my head in amusement.

“Hey, I think this was pretty romantic.”

“You asked me to marry you with your ass.”

He instantly grinned when I put it like that, before he shrugged “So? Nothing about us is really your run of the mill normal couple shit. I mean, our first kiss was on a toilet while I was high out of my fucking tree, our first official date was my cousins wedding which ended in a striptease and a DIY tattoo, the first time we said I love you to each other was in a room with my former drug dealing boss tied up and bloodied behind us. I think it’s safe to say we enjoy standing out from the crowd don’t you?”

I burst out laughing. When he said it like that, I realised nothing about me and Drake was normal. Every major milestone in our relationship was never straight forward, there would always be some sort of barrier in the way or some aspect of it which would make most people run a mile. Every part of our relationship should be wrong. The fact that we officially declared our love for each other while Drake had taken his ex-boss hostage was wrong. The fact that we lied through our teeth when we were first hooking up was wrong. The fact that our first kiss was just after I sewed his arm up on a toilet while he was high as a kite on Mexican pain pills was wrong.

The thing is, even though all of these major moments in our relationship were tainted with something that was wrong, it always made it more fun. It always made it that little bit better because it was ours.

Being with Drake was never going to be your run of the mill experience or relationship. It wasn’t normal and we weren’t like every other couple. It was so different, so extraordinary that it didn’t matter if we were a little fucked up when it came to the things that were meant to me the milestones in our relationship.

At the end of the day, we had been through more than the average ‘normal’ couple and we were still here together. I wouldn’t change a single moment, the bad ones included. We’ve both made mistakes but if it wasn’t for those mistakes we wouldn’t be here now.

I leaned my head in and placed a kiss on his lips.

“I fucking love you.” I smiled down at him. He returned it. He didn’t smirk, he didn’t grin. He gave me one of the most heart-warming smiles I've ever seen.

“I fucking love you too.” He replied with amusement, the honesty shining in his eyes.

I suddenly felt a stirring from under me, and my smile turned into a smirk as I raised my brows questioningly at him “Really?”

He grinned guiltily “I’m still a man okay, and you look really hot in that dress.”

I shake my head “You are shameless Drippy.”

His arm went around my back and he pulled me closer to him until my chest crushed against his. My face was inches from his now smirking one, and he cocked his head.

“I think the reason why my friend down there is stirring awake is because he is a smart business man.”

I raise my brows curiously “Oh yeah?”

He nodded “Yep. See normally when you do a business deal, or any type of deal there will be either a contract signing or a handshake to confirm the deal and settle on it.” His hands lowered until they were both cupping my behind, pressing me harder against his ‘business partner’ apparently “Since there are no pens and paper in here, and we have just made a deal-“

“We have?”

“You’ve just agreed to marry me, and as I said no pens or paper in here so I have a good way to seal the deal.”

“We could shake hands.”

“No, my hands have one task in mind right now and it sure as he is not shaking yours. Don’t you want to hear what I have in mind to seal this deal and make sure you marry me?”

“I think I already have a good idea…” I drifted off, moaning slightly as his hands moved my hips so I rubbed against him at just the right spot.

“Judging by your current reaction, you have no problem with sealing the deal right now then?” He humoured, leaning his head forward until his lips reach my neck.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back “You’re the actual devil.”

He pulled away from my neck and looked up at me with a schoolboy grin “I’m adorable.”

I shook my head, trying to hide the smile because apparently he could sell something seriously well. All I wanted to do at that moment was sign that fucking contract. I didn’t know what we were using as stationary, but I was positive it wasn’t going to be a standard fountain pen and bit of A4 paper.

“Shut up.” I slammed my mouth onto his, burying my hands into the back of his hair.

“Yes ma’am.” He obeyed; pulling my body even closer to his if that was even possible right now.

And pretty soon the business deal was underway and we were both signing this ‘contract’, meaning I couldn’t back out of this proposal even if I wanted to.

But believe me, there wasn’t one part of me that had any intention of ever backing out.

**

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 6.8K 45
We all have secrets. But the question is... What are they? Her father hates her. Her mother's dead. Only option seems to be is to get far away right...
28K 518 34
Falling for your best friends brother is never a good idea...right? *********** Rosie & Liz have been best friends since forever and have now graduat...
333 55 37
A 15 year old boy Blake Hastings, struggles to get through his school years in peace, he finds himself dealing with the bullies and being the laughin...
130 0 16
Mia and Mae have been living together for 2 years. Mia wanted to move out of her parents' house after graduation wanting to be independent. So her pa...