Unwanted (Chicago PD)

By KNeill006

Cassandra Mills hates her family. She's only ever wanted to love them and be close to them but that doesn't r... More

51
Late again
Detention
Near Death
Walls
Glowing
Broken on the floor
Scratches
Tears
Party
The Phone Call
Break in
Stay With Me
Betrayal
Talk To Me
Break Down
Concrete
Celebrations
New Years
Karaoke
Letters
New Family
Court
Panic
Teachers
Trouble
Given up
She's a runner
Its been dropped
Anger
Memories
Crash
Clearing things up
Party Time!
One Game
To Family

Hey, I Guess

1.2K 29 4
By KNeill006

When we arrived at the cemetery, I stayed in the car for about five minutes before I had the guts to get out.

"Do you want me to stay here?"

"Uh, yeah. I think it would be best. Sorry, that sounded rude."

"Relax, it's fine. I'll wait here for when you're done."

"You can go if you want."

"No. I'll stay."

"Okay."

I slowly walked down the path as I looked at the directions that Chloe had found for me. I started to stress out because I couldn't find the path I was on but I soon bumped into someone. Literally bumped. My head hit his chest and I looked up with a worried expression.

"Sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm lost. I know it sounds strange, getting lost in a cemetery. Maybe the ghosts will tell me where to go." I said through nervous laughter.

"It's fine. Let me guess, you've came in from the east entrance."

"There's more than one?" I asked as I smacked my self in the face, full of embarrassment.

"Hey, it's okay. Let me see. Oh, this isn't a map. Just instructions." He said as he took the instructions from me.

"Thanks."

He looked down at the instructions before his face turned to shock. He looked like he had seen an actual ghost.

"Um, I-I work here. I've been doing this for a couple of years now. My old boss told me about these people. No one has ever visited these graves. Are you related to them?"

"Uh, yeah. They are my parent's graves."

"Wow. I'm sorry, it's just...I've never seen anyone here. Their graves always look so new because of how well they are cleaned. I always place down new flowers when the others are in their way out. It's not just theirs, I do it to others too."

"Well, thank you. This may sound bad but I forgot about their deaths and the funeral until just the other night."

"You're the child who survived the accident."

"Yep. That's me."

"Sorry for your loss, I know that sounds stupid saying it now but I am sorry. I'm sorry that no one could remind you of what had happened."

"I was young. They were just trying to protect me."

"Well, here you are." He said as we finally stopped at two graves.

They were the only graves that were in this area. The grass was short but alive and the flowers were so bright, it brought life to the graves.

I smiled and said goodbye to the man as he walked off to clean up an area of turned over soil and to put down some grass seeds.

I sat down in the dew covered grass and trailed my fingers through it before I raised my head and looked at the two. Lifting myself onto my tiptoes, I ran my fingers along the names as a small tear escaped. I quickly wiped it away and sniffed before I sat back down.

"Hey, I guess. I don't know what to say. I wanted to do this earlier but I just couldn't. Mainly because I was afraid, afraid of this. Sitting at your graves, staring at the small vines that are creeping up the bottom of them. I don't know what to say."

"You've finally made me speechless. It's a shock really because I used to be a right chatter box. I remember when Sandy told me at school to shut up. I came home that day in tears but mom you made it better. You painted our nails and we had a spa day. You let me talk as much as I needed too. And Dad, you taught me how to cook. You taught me what seasonings go with what food. We did a cooking competition together and we won."

"I also remember when...um...when we went on that holiday. Spain. Dad, you broke a chair. And mom, you accidentally stole some bikes. I sang my heart out at karaoke - not that I can sing - and we won bingo. We won a lot of things together. It's just sad that we didn't win in the car accident. We all fought so hard to stay alive but in the end it wasn't enough. Maybe I should've got out of the car and done cpr or maybe I should've...I should've. I don't know! I should've done something!"

"Why didn't I do anything!?"

*Jay's Pov*

It had been about two hours since Cassie had gone to see her parent's. I wanted her to spend some time alone with them but I was starting to get worried.

I hopped out of the truck, locking the car behind me and walked down the path. I thought I was going in the right direction until I was right back at the start. I started looking for the truck but realised I was in the wrong car park. Great, I gave Cassie the wrong instructions, maybe that's why she has been here for so long.

"You looking for the blonde one?" Asked some brunette guy, who was probably in his late twenties.

"Yeah. I've given her the wrong instructions and now I'm lost."

"It's okay. She didn't mind. I'll show you where she is."

He walked me over to where she was and then left.

It was like they had there own private section. You had to go through a small hedge doorway to see the graves. Cassie was hunched over, crying her eyes out before she started shouting. She clutched onto the graves and dipped her head.

"Why did I just sit there!"

"Hey, shh. It's okay. You were young and the crash wasn't your fault." I said as I held her.

"I saw the truck. I tried to scream b-but nothing came out. I could've prevented it."

"No. You couldn't have. You need to stop blaming yourself. Have you said everything you wanted to say?"

"Not yet."

"Okay. I'll wait out here. Come out once your done."

"Don't leave. I'll only be a minute."

"Okay." I said as I sat down next to her.

"I love you guys." Whispered Cassie before she kissed the top of the graves.

I stood up first and helped her up with me. She rested her head on my chest as she began to cry. I gave her a long hug before walking her back to the truck.

When she got in, she clutched her knees to her chest and cried.

"Hey, it's okay." I said as I rubbed her knee.

"I've had so many bunched up tears. I've always held them in. Now they're all coming out and it hurts. My head hurts. My throat hurts."

"Hey, when we get back. I'll get you some paracetamol and a cold drink, okay?"

"Mhm." Was all she said in response.

When we got back, she grabbed the blanket from the couch and went to lay it out but stopped as she collapsed onto the sofa.

"Cassie? Cassie, are you okay?" I asked her as I ran over.

She let out a few more sobs before she looked up at me and slowly nodded.

"Hey, how about you go and get dressed into your PJs and I'll sort everything else out."

She slowly nodded before walking out. When she walked back in, I had already placed the drink down and the painkillers.

She took the tablets and had drank all the water before she climbed onto the sofa and into the corner.

She was wearing a pair of grey joggers and a baggy top because she ran hot and was unable to sleep in a jumper and joggers.

I joined her on the sofa and pulled her into my side. She rested her head in my lap while we watched some episodes of Teen Wolf. It was her favourite show and she had restarted it for the fourth time so we could watch it together.

"This is pathetic of me." She mumbled.

"No, it's not. You're allowed to be sad."

"I don't like being sad." She said groggily as her eyes stated to close.

"No one does but once you let all the tears out, I promise you will be happy again."

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too, sweetie." I said before I kissed her forehead.

She soon fell asleep and I carried on watching Teen Wolf. At some point, Will came home from work and swapped places with me so I could head to the loo. I moved Cassie slightly so I could lay next to her and still be close to her in case she was to wake up with another nightmare. I didn't want her to freak out that I wasn't there. Will started to yawn and soon fell asleep so I was left watching Teen Wolf by myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 136 9
Cassandra Marin, Hanna's twin, will do anything and everything for the people she cares about. What happens when there are threats on every corner or...
325K 5.8K 51
Arbor Alexander has worked in the West Side for the past six years at the 17th District. She was patrol for three years before getting promoted to Ho...
36.3K 499 16
Abigail Smith, also known as Abi, is a sweet girl who is alone. Has always been alone and will probably always be alone. She meets Jay Halstead and t...
22K 425 31
Sandrelly Santos packs up and leaves Brazil abruptly. She's happy to leave her friends and family so whatever happened in Brazil has really scared he...