The Dragon Warrior & The Avat...

By AliceGalaxy3

What if Shifu had a daughter and Po's partner who is the Avatar? Kiarah, that's her name. She was the adopted... More

Kiarah's Bio
Prologue
The Dragon Scroll
New friend / The Tournament Begin
Ideas!
Po meets Shifu, The Furious Five and Kiarah / Level Zero
Bunkhouse / Po meets Avatar Kiarah (Again)
Ideas for my future book
Training with Po....Gone Wrong
Argument / Missing?
Kiarah's missing / The Dragon Scroll
Spirit World & Meeting Raava
The Battle of Scroll / Epilogue
Announcement!
Ideas for the new Book!
Cover for the Sequel

The Story of Tai Lung

800 13 6
By AliceGalaxy3

3rd POV

After Po's harsh training, Po was still tumbles down the steps as The Furious Five and Avatar Kiarah walk outside and watches him fall over the stairs.

Tigress: If he's smart, he won't come back up those steps.

Monkey: But he will.

Kiarah: (Nodded in Agreement)

Tigress walks back inside, Kiarah turned around and watches her leave. She frowns at her, she hates that attitude from Tigress, she slowly becoming like Shifu or Tai Lung. She just wanna to have a normal talk about Po and his unfulfilled destiny and she needs to treats him with respect and kindness, not distrust, disgust and harsh like her father did to him.

Viper: He's not gonna quit, is he?

Mantis: He's not gonna quit bouncin', I'll tell ya that.

He begins laughing, but Viper silences him with a stern hiss and Kiarah gives him a death glare to him. Po yells in the distance as he continues to tumble.

Po: Aaaoo...whoohoo...EEEee...hee- hee... OW! I thought you said acupuncture would make me feel better!

It was Mantis pops out from behind Po, holding a handful of needles and sticks him again. Kiarah also there in his bunkhouse room as well, she watches the painful acupuncture from Mantis as she winces in pain when she hears Po yelling in pain.

Kiarah: (Sighs) Mantis, maybe you should... Sit down and let me do it. I can heal Po with my waterbending. And I can see that you're... Having inexperienced of being Acupuncturist.

Mantis: Trust me Kiddo, it will. It's just not easy finding the right nerve points under all this...

Po: Fat?

Mantis: Fur, I was going to say fur. [Removes the needle and moves to another part of Po's back.]

Po: [Skeptical] Sure you were.

Mantis: [Adjusts a needle and taps Po's back for nerves.] Who am I to judge a warrior based on his size? I mean... look at me.

Po looks for Mantis, but...

Mantis: I'm over here.

Mantis is now on his other shoulder. He jabs another needle into Po which made him yells in pain.

Po: Ah-HAH!

Kiarah: (Pats Po's hand for comfort) It's okay, Po. Keep it together.

Viper: Maybe you should take a look at this again.

Viper, who is also in the room, is holding a diagram of acupuncture meridians (onto which someone has overlaid a drawing of a panda.)

Mantis: [looks at the diagram] Oh! Okay.

Meanwhile, Monkey is meditating in another room.

Po: Ow! Don't... [laughing]

Monkey opens his eyes. Annoyed at the disturbance, Monkey sticks his fingers in his ears. In another room, Crane is doing calligraphy.

Po: Stop it, stop... YOW!

Startled, Crane accidentally smears the paper. Back in his own room, Po settles down.

Po: I know Master Shifu's trying to inspire me and all, but if I didn't know any better... I'd say he was trying to get rid of me.

He chuckles. The others look at each other and smile awkwardly. Po notices their expressions and his chuckle fades.

Kiarah: Yeah, that's... Kinda bit true. He just... Wanna get rid of you, and finding the "true" Dragon Warrior.

Mantis: I know he can seem kind of heartless...

He violently jabs another needle in Po.

Po: Ah!

Mantis: But, you know, he wasn't always like that.

Viper: According to legend, there was once a time when Master Shifu actually used to smile.

Po: No...

Kiarah: (Slightly smiles) Yep, he was once... Patient, loving and devoted.

Po: (Amazed) No way...

She tries to not hide her shaking voice as she started to remembering that her father was once a Devoted and Loving towards her and Tai Lung, until Tai Lung's betrayal started to form Shifu's heart into an "ice-cold".

Outside, Tigress is walking down the hallway when she overhears them talking. She stops outside their door.

Viper: But that was before... [She hesitates]

Po: Before what?

Kiarah was about to say about the past. Suddenly, Tigress enters as she enters Po's bunkhouse room, interrupting the conversation.

Tigress: Before Tai Lung.

Crane's shadow is silhouetted on the wall.

Crane: Uh, yeah, we're not really supposed to talk about him.

Tigress: Well, if he's going to stay here, he should know.

Po: Guys, guys. I know about Tai Lung.

Then, Tigress looks at Po.

Po: He was a student, the first ever to master the thousand... scrolls of... kung fu...

Tigress gives him a piercing stare. He nervously trails off.

Po: And... then he turned bad... and... now he's in jail...

Tigress: He wasn't just a student.

-Flashback Begins-

A younger Shifu steps out of the Training Hall Courtyard and finds a baby leopard cub on the steps, swaddled in cloth.

Tigress: (Narrating) Shifu found him as a cub. And he raised him as his son. The day before Kiarah's arrival.

While being fed, baby Tai Lung yanks off some of Shifu's whiskers causing him to groan in pain as the young tiger giggles.

Tigress: ...and when the boy showed talent in kung fu...

A slightly older Tai Lung approaches the training dummy. He kicks it across the floor, and it hits the wall, knocking a spear from the weapons rack. Shifu approaches, impressed, and Tai Lung nudges him affectionately.

Tigress: (Narrating) ...Shifu trained him. [Shifu teaches Tai Lung how to punch.] He believed in him. He told him he was destined for greatness.

Later on, a slightly older Tai Lung saw what's on Shifu's arms. Tai Lung looked down and his eyes were widened. A human infant wrapped around a blanket, was on Shifu's arms, she was sleeping peacefully.

Tigress: (Narrating) Few days later, when he was still studying Kung Fu. The day when Kiarah arrived at the Jade Palace and was found Shifu as an infant. Similar to the boy's arrival and the day when Shifu found him. Tai Lung grew closer to the human Avatar and they formed an unbreakable bond.

Shifu gently handed Baby Kiarah to Tai Lung. As he holding her gently, he started to get nervous if he's holding her right. Then, the baby slowly opened her blue eyes and saw Tai Lung, she giggles and reaches her hands to hug him. This made Tai Lung swells his heart and smiles affectionately as he started to bond with his new little sister. Shifu smiles affectionately as he sees his son holding his new beloved daughter.

Soon later, Tai Lung faces a wooden warrior.

Tigress: (Narrating) It was never enough for Tai Lung.

A few years later of his training, a full grown Tai Lung demolishing the warrior while Shifu looks on with intense pride. Master Oogway is also watching, but does not look impressed.

Tigress: (Narrating) He wanted the Dragon Scroll. But Oogway saw darkness in his heart and refused. Fearing Kiarah will be his partner for the new generation as the Avatar. Fearing the child will be suffered due to Tai Lung's corrupted heart.

An enraged Tai Lung rampages through a village.

Tigress: (Narrating) Outraged, Tai Lung laid waste to the valley.

Tai Lung returns to the Jade Palace and crashes through the doors into the Hall of Warriors, where Shifu and Oogway are waiting for him.

Tigress: (Narrating) He tried to take the scroll by force. And Shifu had to destroy what he had created, and will not show Kiarah about the true side of Tai Lung.

Shifu leaps at Tai Lung to deliver a kick. However, at the last second he sees only baby Tai Lung running towards him.

Tigress: (Narrating) But how could he?

Shifu pulls his kick short. Tai Lung counters with a devastating strike and Shifu crashes to the ground with a broken leg. Tai Lung leaps for the scroll, but Oogway intercepts him with lightning speed strikes at his pressure points.

He falls to the ground in a heap. Shifu stares at what has become of his beloved student with sadness and disbelief. He crawls toward Tai Lung, but is ultimately unable to touch him. At the other side of the room, A 5 year old Kiarah was watching the whole scenes making her heartbroken and disbelief. Her heart was shattered and her eyes were widened.

Her loving older brother was now corrupted by his ambitious and pride. This leaves her heartbroken, her eyes were teary as she ran to her room, crying.

Tigress: (Narrating) Shifu loved Tai Lung like he'd never loved anyone before... Tai Lung's unbreakable bond with Kiarah has now shattered into many pieces, leads to downhill. Leaving the Avatar heartbroken, after seeing her older brother whom she adored... Was dead. The only person whom Shifu loved more than Tai Lung... Was Kiarah. But... Their relationship was strained, making them almost dysfunctional and distant.

Some time later, young Tigress in the training hall strikes the dummy in the same manner as Tai Lung, but this time, the spear in the reack spins rather than topples. Shifu corrects her form. Nothing more. Young Tigress looks crestfallen.

Tigress: (Narrating) ...or since.

The sad, young Tigress grew sad as she heard sniffles at the outside. She saw a young Kiarah was crying after mentioning of the past. The young Tigress went up to her and sat next to her. The young Avatar looked at the young feline then hugged her as she let out a small sobs.

Surprised, Young Tigress comfort her by hugging her, she vowed to her that she will be the best older sister to her than her previous older sibling like Tai Lung. She will do anything to her to make her feel safe and happy, anything for Kiarah to make herself as the best older sister than Tai Lung.

-Flashbacks end-

After telling the story of Tai Lung, Everyone is quiet in the moment. Kiarah was listening either, as she felt heartbroken and sad to hear this story. She doesn't want to fight Tai Lung because he was her brother whom she adored the most. Soon, their bond has now shattered because of his pride and his corrupted heart.

Tigress: And now he has a chance to make things right, to train the true Dragon Warrior. And he's stuck with you... a big, fat panda who treats it like a joke.

Suddenly, Po makes a googly-eyed face and he freezes.

Po: Doieeeee...

At that, Tigress loses her temper and raises her fist.

Tigress: Oh, that is it!

Kiarah was about to stop her before things get worse for Po. Luckily, Mantis pops up on Po's face and halts Tigress.

Mantis: Wait! My fault! I accidentally tweaked his facial nerve.

Po falls face first to the floor, revealing his back is covered with needles like a porcupine.

Kiarah: (Surprised) Oh, my god.

Mantis: And may have also stopped his heart.

He tentatively pokes Po's face: his eyes twitches. Kiarah sighs.

Kiarah: I told you, Mantis. Let me do it. Now, you caused Po because of this.

Mantis: Yeah, your right. Sorry.

Tigress ignored that by walking away, Kiarah glances at her sister. Tigress was now getting bitter and harsh towards her new friend. Little didn't know that Tigress was jealous of Po, because he "stole" the title instead of her. She wanted to prove herself to Shifu and Kiarah.

-Timeskip-

At the outside, Kiarah was sitting down on the stairs. Thinking about what will happen to her if she face her corrupted brother with Po by her side. She was too scared to face him. Why? He was getting stronger than before after 20 years in prison without any training.

Then, she thinks about Tigress' remarks to Po, she started being bitter, firm and harsh towards Po. What was her problem? She tries to talk to her, but she fears that Tigress might hurt her or losing her patience if she tell her about Po. Could it be her jealousy and envy towards Po for having a cool dynamic friendship than hers?

???: Ah, there she is. The Avatar. What are you doing here, Dear?

Startled, she turn around, she sees Master Oogway, holding a lantern and his wooden staff.

Kiarah: Oh, Master Oogway! I didn't see you there. Pardon me, I got startled a little bit.

Oogway: My apologies for startling you, Young one. What are you doing here in the middle of the night? Is there anything bother you?

Kiarah: (Sighs) Yes. I can't believe Po was being mistreated by my father and my friends, sometimes. Well, mostly my sister, Tigress. She started to get feeling... Jealous and Harsh towards Po after he... "Stole" the Dragon Warrior Title for her and became my partner instead of her.

Oogway: Stole?

Kiarah: Yeah, I'm not like them. Po is my new friend, and I'm willingly to help him to train him, but instead, my father trained him instead of me. I wish that... I can help him for being the Dragon Warrior so that he should be proud to Shifu and the furious five.

Oogway: Proud?

Kiarah: (Sighs deeply) What should I do? I'm now The Avatar, but I have many things to not fulfilled. Look at me, I'm not ready to become the symbol of peace and harmony in Valley of Peace. All of those harsh training from my father that I endured... Hurts me. I mean, Po has self-doubt issue, he's insecure of his body, everybody around him judging him and his dreams. He's like me. I'm insecure about myself. I'm not like that Arrogant Tai Lung or my stern Sister with anger issue. I'm not... Confident for being myself.

She looked away as a brief silence between them, then Master Oogway breaks the silence.

Oogway: Arrogance requires advertising. Confidence speaks for itself.

She then turn around towards Oogway.

Oogway: You seems to be like the Dragon Warrior. Having the same question about his issues. You both have the same destiny yet you both have issues and insecurities to overcome.

Kiarah: Yeah, but how? How can I overcome my insecurities?

Oogway: Too many people undervalue what they are, and overvalue what they're not.

This words slowly learned from Kiarah's mind.

Kiarah: Okay. Thank you, Master.

Oogway: You're welcome, Avatar Kiarah.

He headed to the Peace Tree for meditating. Once he was left, Kiarah looked down at the near pond, she looked her reflection of herself.

???: Hey! There's my Avatar Buddy! What'cha doin'?

She was startled again, this time, It was Po.

Kiarah: Oh, hey Po. Are you okay after Mantis paralyzed you?

Po: (Scratches his back) Yeah, It hurts a bit. Also, thanks for the waterbending healing. You're quite handy for your healing.

Kiarah: Yeah, I taught it from the scroll when I was younger.

Po: (Enthusiastically) Cool! Can I try?

Kiarah: (Nervously Chuckles) Umm, No. It might take long to improve it.

Po: (Defeatedly) Aww, man!

Kiarah: (Chuckles) Yeah, "Aww, man" it is.

Po: Anyways, so, what are you doing outside? I was looking for you.

Kiarah: Well, getting some fresh air. I'm guessing I'm tired of... Stuff.

Po: Stuff of what?

Kiarah: You know, I'm.... Quite insecure about.... Being the Avatar, trained by my bitter father that I hated his new self. Look at me, I'm not ready to become this. I can't do anything. (Sighs) God, what should I do?

Po feels sympathize to Kiarah, she may be the Avatar but she has insecurities and issues to overcome. Po clearly understands this, he sometimes gets involved like this.

Po: You know, sometimes I get too insecure for being myself. But, I should embrace myself either.

Kiarah looks at Po.

Po: I think we both have the same issues to overcome with. Yet, we both to fulfilled our destiny and goals we have.

Kiarah: So?

Po: That's means, you and me are both the same. Me, working with my dad in his noodle shop isn't my dream. You, being the Avatar and having a Harsh dad feels you insecure. Doesn't mean, we both can do this together. We can fight this for our master.

Kiarah slightly smiles at Po. This reminds her of Oogway said.

Kiarah: Yeah, you're right. Maybe, we both kinda same. Besides, you reminded me of Oogway.

Po: Oogway?

Kiarah: Yeah. He told me that.

Po: Cool! So, you're hungry?

Kiarah: Yeah.

Po: Good! 'Cause, I'm gonna make you some fresh noddles from my dad's ingredients.

Kiarah: (Surprised) Hmm! I guess I wanna try!

Po: That's the spirit!

They both laugh a little, soon they formed a dynamic friendship like Po said earlier. While walking towards the kitchen of the bunkhouse, they talk about their personal life including their personal issues.

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.5K 2.4K 62
( Oja, Y/N) a former Noble of the Fire nation but you are different with other fire benders instead your an Expert of lightning bending but can't fir...
39.4K 767 19
(This story is old, cringe worthy, and may have bad grammar and stuff. Read at your own risk) *sequel to my last story* Some time has passed since th...
12.3K 161 19
What if Po teamed up with a Rebellious yet Kind-Hearted Shinobi who is the host of the powerful Nine-Tailed Fox Yokai? Meet Mitsuko Ryomi, A Rebellio...
3K 201 7
❝ You're not just the Avatar, Korra, you're my big sister, too! I have a duty to protect you, too! ❞ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂☆ Kiara, the younger sister...