Trials & Error

By Whatitdofifthharmony

It doesn't hurt to try... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

11

236 10 0
By Whatitdofifthharmony

"That smells amazing." Her grandmother praised.

"It really does. I should go check on her." Dinah got up.

"Okay, keep it pg 13!" She teased.

"Grandma!" Dinah blushed and choked on her spit.

"I'm just messing." Her grandmother shooed.

Dinah makes her way upstairs and as soon as she opens the door, she's met with a plate of food in her face.

"Oh, well take this to your grandma." Normani ushered the plate to Dinah.

"Woah." Dinah took the plate but didn't pay the heat any mind.

"Careful, it's hot and don't eat it." Normani warned and Dinah nodded.

"Right..." Dinah snapped out of her gaze when Normani walked away.

She walked back down the stairs and walked over to her grandma.

"Oh you're back." Her grandma eyes wiggled.

"Here's your food." Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Oh thank you, tell her I said that." Her grandmother took the plate carefully since it was hot.

"Yeah okay." Dinah sat back down.

"Hmm, this is delicious." She sighed in the flavor getting flashbacks to when she used to cook.

"is it?" Dinah furrowed her eyebrows.

"She's a really good cook." She told her.

"Alright, what did she even cook?" Dinah huffed.

"Mash potatoes, chicken and yams." She responded and Dinah shot up.

"Can you eat alone?" Dinah stretched.

"Yes, I don't wanna third wheel anyways." Her grandmother shooed once again.

"Grandma, we're 15. None of that will happen anyways." Dinah brushed off.

"You never know, your mom lost hers at 15-" Grams mentions and Dinah blocked her eyes.

"I don't need to know that." Dinah unblocked her ears and her grandma laughs.

"Sorry sorry." She waved as Dinah goes back up the stairs.

As soon as she opened the door she sees Normani cleaning up the kitchen. She walks up to the door and hugs her from behind.

"Smells good." Dinah rested her head on Normani's shoulder.

"Mhm." Normani hummed in response as she continued to watch the stove.

"Since we're friends with benefits now, does that mean I can kiss you whenever?" Dinah eyebrow rose with a smirk.

"Not whenever." Normani clarified.

"How about right now?" Dinah kissed Normani's exposed neck.

"Go eat." Normani rolled her eyes and Dinah huffed.

"Ugh." Dinah walked over to the plate of food and picked up the awaiting fork.

"I get you contacts and take you shopping over the break and now you're suddenly so confident?" Normani took off the apron and hung it back up.

"Maybe." Dinah shrugged.

"You're still a dork." Normani goes to wash her hands again.

"I'm no whale's penis!" Dinah gasped, taking a bite from her food.

"I- okay." Normani grabbed her plate and walked to the basement.

"Hey come back." Dinah grabs Normani's hand and pull her towards her room instead.

"You're going to leave your granny down there alone?" Normani wondered.

"Uh yes, I spent all day with her. She wants to be left alone because her favorite show come on anyways." Dinah opened her room and as every other room in the house, it was spotless.

Normani sits down on Dinah's bed and noticed how soft it was. Dinah turns on her tv and sit down at her desk. Putting on something to watch, they decided on Family Guy and ate their food. Normani noticed the rain starting to fall and remembered to call her mom. So that's what she does, setting the plate aside.

"Hey hun." Andrea greeted first.

"It's gonna be bad storm tonight so I'm gonna be stuck at Dinah's." Normani tells her catching Dinah's attention.

"Oh okay, just stay safe sweetheart." Andrea reassured.

"Okay will do." Normani was about to hang up until her mom spoke again.

"Have fun, wear protection." Andrea teased causing Normani blushed.

"Mom!" Normani pulled the phone away from her and Andrea hangs up before Normani could respond more.

"What happened?" Dinah questioned with her face full of food.

"Nothing." Normani feels her face heats up.

Good thing she's darkskin because she would bright pink right now. Dinah soon finishes her food and grab their place, leaving to the kitchen to clean the dishes Normani didn't have the time to clean since Dinah started to bother her mid cleaning. Normani waited a few seconds to get up and open Dinah's closet. There she sees that it was also neatly sorted so it was easy for her to Dinah's hoodies. Grabbing a blue one, she puts it on and noticed how big it was on her. Taking off her skirt, she raised her arms and the hoodie still covered some of her thigh. Opening the bathroom connected to the room, she feels the spot Dinah kissed her before letting her hair fall. Exiting the bathroom, she closes the closet door as soon as Dinah entered.

"Hey I got a-" Dinah stop speaking seeing Normani in her hoodie.

"Hm?" Normani hummed walking over to Dinah.

"I got an extra toothbrush." Dinah looked away with a slight blush and Normani took the toothbrush.

"Oh thank you." Normani walks to the bathroom and places the toothbrush in the toothbrush holder.

"I see you raided my closet." Dinah mentions as Normani exited from bathroom.

"I realized that I shouldn't have put this on, I need to shower." Normani walks over to her bag and pulls out a pair of underwear, a razor and towel.

She'll just use Dinah's body wash which she saw was dove.

"Can I join you?" Dinah smirked and Normani didn't even make eye contact with the girl, she got up and walked towards the bathroom.

"I hate you sometimes." Normani muttered, entering the bathroom and stripping out of her clothes.

While Normani took her shower, Dinah gets a phone call from Camila and answered it with a smile.

"Wassup Mila." Dinah greeted first.

"Hey DJ, Lauren is throwing another party this Saturday, you're coming right?" Camila wondered.

"Hell yeah." Dinah leaned back in her chair.

"If she's coming, tell Normani not to drink so much this time, she'll mess up her liver." Camila noted.

"Oh for sure." Dinah says and Camila giggle.

"So what are you doing on this rainy Tuesday?" Camila asks.

"Just hanging out." Dinah stopped leaning back in her chair.

"That's all?" Camila furrows her eyebrows.

"Yep." Dinah turns off the TV.

After doing so, she hears the bathroom door open and Normani pokes her head out. Dinah puts Camila on mute before Normani could speak.

"Do you have any leggings?" Normani wondered.

"I do, I'll get em for you in a second." Dinah reassured.

"Fine." Normani closed the door to the bathroom, annoyed to not get them at the moment.

"Hellooooooooo?" Camila dragged out.

"Sorry, yep I'm just chilling. How about you?" Dinah asked.

"I'm actually hanging out with Lauren, Ally and Tori." Camila states.

"Really? What y'all doing?" Dinah questions.

"We are just watching a movie." Camila tells her.

"Damn, wish I could join." Dinah rest her head on her hand.

"Why so?" Camila now asks.

"Like spending time with you guys." Dinah explains and Camila giggles.

"Awww." Camila teases and Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Don't do that." Dinah shook her head before getting up and walking over to her dresser.

"Well you have fun just hanging out and I'll talk to you later." Camila lastly tells her.

"Yep." Dinah hang up the phone then grab the leggings.

Dinah knocks on the door and Normani opens the door with an annoyed expression.

"What's wrong with you?" Dinah furrowed her eyebrow in confusion.

"Shut up." Normani walk pass her to put her stuff back into her bag.

"Okay..." Dinah trailed, setting the leggings down onto the bed, getting into the sheets comfortably.

Dinah watches as Normani put on leggings and brush her wet hair for it to not tangle up. Even though she wanted to ignore Normani's attitude, she couldn't.

"I feel like you're mad, I don't know." Dinah sat up and Normani ignored her.

She continued to brush her hair and scroll through instagram on her phone. Dinah sigh in annoyance and got off the bed clicking off the lamp. Dinah continued to watch Normani seeing her put her hair in a top bun. Normani moves next to Dinah to get under the cover and Dinah does the same, putting her arms behind her head. The silence may have seemed comfortable but it was unbearable to Dinah. Normani had turned away from Dinah and was nearly asleep until she felt Dinah tap her on her shoulder.

"What?" Normani groaned in irritation.

"Are you mad?" Dinah rested her head between Normani's neck and shoulder.

"I am now, I'm trying to sleep." Normani turn to Dinah to push her face away.

"Is that all?" Dinah rose her eyebrows.

"Can you plug up my phone?" Normani set the object down before turning back over.

"Really?" Dinah huffed.

"Yes really." Normani sighed in the warmth and closed her eyes.

"You- ouu." Dinah cursed under breath and Normani fell asleep catching Dinah's attention.

'She's a fast sleeper' Dinah thought, resting her eyes as well. They wake up to Normani being practically under Dinah and Dinah immediately gets off the girl because mornings are never her friend.

"It's still storming." Normani frowned, picking up her phone and going into the bathroom first.

Dinah pulled the covers off of her and uncomfortably making her way to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. Taking a gulp, she immediately gagged at the taste forgetting to brush her teeth last night. Dinah watch as her little buddy cool down and seen the door swing open.

"Dinah! Where's my mom!" Her mother asked out of breath and her trench coat soaking wet.

"Downstairs, why?" Dinah clean out the cup and place it on the drying rack.

"Because I got her a surprise and I cannot wait to show her." She replied walking to the basement door.

"Okay, welcome home I guess." Dinah muttered before walking back to her room.

She sees Normani on the phone who she assumed to be her mom. Letting the girl be, she walks into the bathroom and do what she needs. Leaving, she sees Normani now scrolling through instagram once again.

"Mani." Dinah called and Normani looked up.

"What?" Normani looked back down at her phone.

"Let's actually have a conversation." Dinah took the phone and chucked it to the said causing Normani jaw to drop slightly.

"Okay, what you wanna talk about?" Normani rolled her eyes.

"Hmm well, Lauren is throwing another party this Saturday, you going?" Dinah wondered.

"No." Normani shook her head.

"No?" Dinah frowned slightly.

"I have plans with a friend." Normani shrugged.

"Do I know this friend?" Dinah asked.

"No he's a ch-" Before Normani could finish her sentence, Dinah speaks.

"He?" Dinah slightly frowned even more.

"Nevermind." Normani gets under the cover sheets again and picks up her phone again.

"B-" Dinah tried to speak but her mother came barging into her room scaring Normani.

"Dinah! She loved her surprise. Who's this?" Her mother noticed the girl curled up.

"Oh she's a- my girlfriend." Dinah cleared her throat nearly forgetting.

No she did forget, she flops back against the bed angry at herself.

"Well lovely to meet you, I'm Dinah's mother." The woman waved.

"I'm Normani, nice to meet you as well." Normani waved back.

"I'll be off then, have fun you two...not too much fun though." She teased causing Normani to blush.

Dinah sat up hearing her door close. Normani pays her no mind but Dinah soon climbs on to top of Normani causing them to lock her eyes.

"I'm bored." Dinah mentions.

"Okay?" Normani looks back at her phone making Dinah a little more annoyed.

"Let's do something." Dinah lick her lips.

"Like what?" Normani asked and that was a mistake.

Dinah pinned Normani hands down and leaned in to kiss her and Normani let her. They are friends with benefits and this is one of the benefits. Heavily making out while trying to take dominance over the other. Dinah let her body rest between Normani and pulls away from the kiss before she attacks Normani's neck causing Normani to bite her lip. She didn't want a moan to escape her lips as she'll feel embarrassed. Before Dinah could continue to leave marks along Normani's skin, her phone rings.

"NO SCHOOL!" Ryan cheered happily as Normani let out a sigh of relief.

"I know Ryan." Normani clarified.

"Everything okay?" Ryan asked in concern.

"Yep, you?" Normani avoided eye contact with Dinah who had her hands over her hands in a more frustrated position.

"Brilliant! I have this new neighbor and she's so nice and sweet." Ryan giggled and Normani furrowed her eyebrow.

"Tell me more." Normani tells her wanting to stall the conversation.

Dinah uncovered her eyes and pulled the phone away from Normani.

"Let's cuddle." Dinah softly spoke pulling Normani into her.

"O-okay." Normani muttered with a slight blush.

"Okay!" Ryan begin to go into details...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
244K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
872K 40.5K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...