Beau Monde βœ…

By Ferdeausee_

Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved. ❝ Everyone lies. I'm not an exception.❞ Nailah Zayed has the picture p... More

author's note + aesthetics +copyright
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 10

348 60 2
By Ferdeausee_

Ayaan Fadel.

Maroudi, Nigeria.

Galaxy Hotel. 5th floor. 1:00PM.

That is the location of our lunch meeting. I could've picked somewhere else, but I don't feel like inviting them over to my house and everywhere else just seemed off to me. Besides, I could limit the people that come over to the floor we'll dine in, and we'll all get the privacy we want.

If we're going to talk about business, then I'm certain they wouldn't want it to be done in the eye of the public. The more privacy we all have, the better.

So, it's set on the fifth floor, right beneath the penthouse where I stay. And yes, I may or may not have decided to stay there to avoid my mother's rants. Not one knows I stay here, other than Saif that is and that gives me the privacy I want.

The last thing I need is more of Maroudi press getting all up in my business.

As I had ordered, the floor had been cleared off leaving only a few, important customers that will not pry. No matter what, I am still a business man and I cannot risk my business. I have a limit to whatever I plan on doing.

I have zero plan of putting my business at risk.

A pair of footsteps reached my ear, putting a halt to my train of thoughts. Looking down at the wrist watch strapped around my left hand, the time reads 12:58 and just as I was about bringing it down, the footsteps stopped and a familiar voice reached my ears.

"Mr. Fadel." One of the workers here, the one that had been overseeing today's arrangement called out. "Your guest is here."

Blinking, I blew out a small breath to prepare myself before I turned around—my gaze instantly falling on the stated individuals. My brows quirked slightly, when instead of the one I expected to see, my eyes fell on someone else.

Nonetheless, my lips stretched into a small smile as I shifted my attention to the worker. "Thank you. You may go now."

She offered me a wide smile back, and with a slight curt, she turned around and disappeared wordlessly, leaving the two of us alone. Well, the two of us, and Saif along with two other security guards that stood by the door, facing us. They gave enough space for privacy, but are still in sight and could see whatever is happening.

"You seem a little disappointed there." She commented, earning my attention back on her.

"Excuse me?"

"Your expression." She pointed out, her gaze unwavering. "You were disappointed to see me." One would think she'd sound upset when she said that, but she didn't. If anything, her expression was cold, and so was her tone.

The corner of my lips tiled upwards slightly, amusement instantly filling me up. "Not at all. I just thought you would arrive along with your husband, that's all." After all, I did invite them together.

I'm not interested in meeting her alone, at least not without her husband knowing. Their marriage might be more of a business than an actual one, but they are still married. And I know better than to cross the limit.

Besides, there's nothing I want to say to her that I can't say in front of her husband. No matter what it is.

Her eyes narrowed slightly at the mention of her husband, before she shrugged slightly. "He would be here eventually." She waved it off. "I came alone."

"So I noticed."

Her glare rested on me for a while, before she wordlessly side stepped me; the sound of her heels clanking against the marble floor reaching everyone's ear there. She stopped by the table, dropping her bag on it before she pulled out a chair and settled on it.

I mean, I've always known Nailah is a woman filled with confidence and aplomb. But, the extent of it is baffling me.

"Won't you sit?" Her voice came, cool and calm.

Turning around to face her fully, I wasn't surprised to see her settled comfortably on the chair with her legs crossed. Although she was leaned on it, her shoulders were still squared and her expression guarded.

One thing I've realized about Nailah in just less than twenty four hours of meeting her is that she is a woman who knew her worth, and wouldn't let anyone trample on it—not when she can help it that is.

Well, anyone but her in-laws. That's another issue entirely.

In the eyes of everyone, this Nailah, the one I'm looking is an embodiment of self confidence. She could walk into a room, and own the attention like it's meant for her alone. What makes it even more is that she knows her influence, and she never fails to make use of it.

No wonder everyone in Maroudi knows of the great Nailah Zayed. Countless women want to be like her.

I wonder how great her life truly is. Would people still want to be like her if they know the parts she choose to hide?

"Normally, it's the one who extends the invite that asks such question." I stated, not bothering to hide obviousness in my tone.

She clicked her tongue, and simply shrugged her shoulders. "Well, I just did you the honor." She waved it off, not giving any care to the fact that she's being rude. "You're welcome."

I tilted my head to the side, wondering the extent to which she'll keep on acting like this. One would think I'm the one hoping to get on her on my side and not the other way around. "You're daring." I commented, pulling out my chair and settling on it opposite her.

She arched a brow slightly, "Meaning?"

"You're rude, and overly confident. You give little care to how you act—which is as if you own the world. Your attitude is nasty, a bit of respect won't do harm to you. Acting this way however won't get you anywhere, and, I'm saying this for your sake."

Her expression remain stoic, however, I could tell from the slight curl of her lips that I had hit a nerve. I would've apologize, but it's the truth.

Someone needed to tell her. Preferably, someone that isn't scared of her. And luckily for her, I just happen to be that person.

Swallowing thickly, she blinked a couple of times before decided to put an end to her silence. "You're being straight it seems." She voiced out, loud enough for both of us to hear. Nodding to herself, she sat up, her gaze never leaving mine. "While we're on that, might I pique my thoughts of you too? I deserve that much don't I? Or would that affect whatever we're truly for?"

"Go ahead." I won't stop her from that. "It's better we get our points across before anything. Honesty matters the most in any business. Besides, we need Imran to arrive before we can proceed anyway. Consider this an opportunity to get to know each other as potential business partners."

She clicked her tongue again, an action I notice she seems to be doing a lot of when irked. Placing both her hands on the table, she intertwined her fingers—her hawk eyes now narrowing slightly. "I don't trust you in the slightest bit."

My lips slanted upwards, amusement instantly filling me up.

She didn't stop. If anything, she continued. "That right there..." She pointed an accusing finger at me. "...that smile and nice act of yours, I don't buy it." Her lips curled upwards into a humorless smile as she gave me a once-over. "It just doesn't add up."

"And yet you still want to do business with me?" I might be smiling, but trust me when I say, deep down I feel anything but amusement again.

If I was the kind of person that gets riled up easily, or even shows my anger as easy as she does, then one could tell that I'm faking the smile like she says. But, it isn't simply from anger.

Seems I may have underestimated Nailah Zayed too. And she might just be the person to see past my facade.

"You know I've been keeping tabs on you, right?" And it appears she's laying her cards out. My question though is...why this early?

Why is she exposing herself out to me when nothing's even started?

What sort of game is Nailah playing at?

My smile faltered for a brief second, but I was quick to tuck it away with a slight shrug. "And so have I. Seems only right to do so since we might end up being in business with each other." This is my best option.

Unlike her, I'm not ready to lay my cards out yet. It's too early for that.

The best thing I can do is to get the upper hand. And, I have an inkling just how I can do so.

"—And regarding your lack of trust in me, how about you give it a chance to know me first? Let's all know each other first. After all, we might end up joining hands. What do you say?"

Her scrutinizing eyes stared me down for a few seconds longer than necessary, almost as if she was trying to pick out the pieces that make Ayaan Fadel. She was groveling, wanting to tear down the image I've painted so she could see the broken foundation its laid on.

She then shook her head out of the blue, before leaning back...seemingly pulling back her cards and tucking them away. "Fine." She breathed out. "Let's get to know each other first before anything. Perhaps, I'm wrong about you." She still doesn't trust me. That much I know.

She simply said that for the sake of going along with me, though her eyes suggest she was willing to play the game according to my rules for now.

And that right there was the first, and most grave mistake she made.

My smile widened, contrasting my inner thoughts. "How about we order first and talk when he arrives?" Seems like the man will be running late. And I can't wait any longer.

She nodded, extending her hand out to pick up the menu and go through it. I on the other hand I don't need to do so...already knowing what I want to order. She didn't question my action, but rather went along with the floor.

I called back the worker from earlier, and we both gave our orders to her which she would relay to the chef and the waiter. Today's special being seafood. Or maybe it's more of a 'setup' than a 'specialty'.

Either-way...

"Barilla Spaghetti Aglio Olio with prawn." That is for me.

Nailah took over to order hers. "Risotto with Crustacean." She stated dismissively, as she placed the menu back where it belongs.

My lips folded in for a brief second, a brow slightly arched. Nonetheless, I kept my words to myself, waiting for the perfect chance to strike. Our orders came a little while longer the necessary, and all through no words were exchanged between us as we awaited it and Imran.

The food made an appearance first, and the men was still not in sight.

Nonetheless, we both dived in. Silence reigned aside from the sound of cutleries against the porcelain plates. Soon enough, both plates were cleared and the deserts was sent out to be brought.

Bringing the cup of chilled drink I had aside, my gaze fell on Nailah who was taking sips from hers. I glanced at the time on my wrist watch, noting that it's been about five minutes since we had the food.

"Are you okay though?" I questioned, leaning back on my chair slightly.

She flicked her eyes up, keeping the glass cup on the table carefully. "Of course." She replied in her usual dismissive tone as she leaned back too, crossing her legs in the process.

I nodded slowly to myself, clicking my tongue in the process to imitate her usual action. "How long have you been doing this though?" I inquired, eyes watching her expression closely.

"What?"

"Has it been ten years already?" I ignored her question, and instead threw in mine.

If she was moved, she didn't show it. She held her stance well. "What are you talking about--"

"See, you're right to believe I was hiding something." I cut her off, "I lived in Maroudi up till I was 19 and was forced to leave." My tone and expression took a turn from my usual laid back one to one that I haven't displayed to any there yet. Until now. "And before that happened, we knew each other."

She didn't say anything. Though, her head tilted to the side as she blinked repeatedly. "I don't get what you're saying..."

"Nailah has severe allergy that only I know of. She's allergic to Crustacean shellfish. By now, she would've been chocking, and gasping for breath..." My tone lowered, expression grave as I whispered the last part of the sentence. "...fighting for her life."

I saw her visibly swallow thickly, her eyes dilating slightly. For the first time, I guess I'm the first the first one to see her demeanor crack. "What are you implying?" Her tone lowered, her voice slightly shaky.

Sitting up, I placed my hands on the table and leaned down to whisper so only she hears. My eyes didn't waver from hers when I voiced out the words that would change everything. "You aren't the real Nailah Zayed. So, who the hell are you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531 128 15
What drew him to her in the first place? Was it her innocent sharp eyes or her gentle stature? He wasn't sure but what he knew was that he was dra...
257K 8K 184
What if a PokΓ©mon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
21.4K 2.2K 70
α€α€»α€…α€Ία€žα€±α€¬ Chanbaekists တို့ရေ❀ မြင်နေရဲ့နဲ့ကို Chanyeollie α€€α€­α€―α€›α€±α€¬αŠ Baekhyuneee ကိုရော α€œα€½α€™α€Ία€Έα€”α€±α€›α€α€¬ α€α€…α€Ία€…α€―α€Άα€α€…α€Ία€šα€±α€¬α€€α€Ία€€α€­α€― α€”α€„α€Ία€·α€”α€„α€Ία€·α€žα€Šα€Ία€Έα€žα€Šα€Ία€Έα€α€»α€…α€Ία€™α€­α€α€²α€·α€‘α€α€« ကျန်တာတ...
225K 6.2K 42
"Why you come out hea' like that knowing I'm fucked up?" (⚠️) mild fucking. supersia - 1st of July 2023.