š—™š—”š—Ÿš—Ÿš—œš—”š—š š—™š—¢š—„ š—›š—œš— ...

By chefdowney

š—”š—§ š—§š—›š—˜ š—•š—„š—œš—šš—›š—§ age of 18 years old, š—”š——š—„š—œš—˜š—”š—”š—˜ š—¦š—§š—„š—œš—–š—žš—Ÿš—”š—”š—— decides to move down to C... More

š—™š—”š—Ÿš—Ÿš—œš—”š—š š—™š—¢š—„ š—›š—œš— 
š– š–¢š–³ š–Ø
šŸ­
šŸ®
šŸÆ
šŸ°
šŸ±
šŸ²
šŸ³
šŸ“
šŸµ
šŸ­šŸ¬
š– š–¢š–³ š–Øš–Ø
šŸ­šŸ­
šŸ­šŸ®
šŸ­šŸÆ
šŸ­šŸ°
šŸ­šŸ±
šŸ­šŸ³
18
19
šŸ®šŸ¬
šŸ®šŸ­
šŸ®šŸ®
šŸ®šŸÆ
šŸ®šŸ°
šŸ®šŸ±
š– š–¢š–³ š–Øš–Øš–Ø
šŸ®šŸ²
šŸ®šŸ³
šŸ®šŸ“
šŸ®šŸµ
šŸÆšŸ¬
šŸÆšŸ­
šŸÆšŸ®
šŸÆšŸÆ
šŸÆšŸ°
šŸÆšŸ±
šŸÆšŸ²

šŸ­šŸ²

6.1K 206 21
By chefdowney

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
"𝖣𝖮𝖲𝖤𝖣"

𝗧he 118 arrived at the scene of a news helicopter crash. It's motor blades were still going off, which made the save dangerous. It could literally chop someone in half. Adrienne got dressed in her turnout gear and joined the others beside the truck.

"All right, guys, we're gonna fan out, go behind those bleachers," Bobby shouts, "Eddie, after we get the people out, you think you can kill that engine?"

"Think so, I'm just worried about the dynamic rollover," Eddie says.

"The dynamic what?" Buck asked.

"We change the weight ratio by pulling people out, whole thing could tip over, rotors could snap off," Eddie explained.

"All right, visors down. Let's go!" Bobby shouts. The team runs towards the helicopter, careful enough not to get hurt by one of the blades.

Adrienne and Bobby took a peak inside and saw two people trapped inside. The woman was fully awake, while the man was unconscious.

"Buck, get her out of there!" Bobby shouted. Adrienne opened the door so Buck could take her out of the helicopter. Eddie was quick to jump into the helicopter to help with the balance shift, and turns off the motors.

"Pulse/ox is good. We can get rid of this," Hen says, taking a breathing mask off of the woman. Buck was checking to make sure her eyes were okay.

"How are you doing?" Athena asked her.

"I'm not sure. How's Trent? Is he okay?" She asked, looking around for him.

"Your pilot's gonna be just fine," Athena replied

"Hey, do me a favor. Uh, say, And on the 405, speeds are under five miles an hour, making your morning commute a rough one," Buck says, smiling at the woman.

Adrienne couldn't help but feel the slightest bit of jealousy. They aren't together and she shouldn't feel this way. Words just flew out of Adrienne's mouth.

"Seriously?" Adrienne scolds.

"I know that voice. It's, uh, it's Taylor Kelly reporting, right? Right. Skywitness News Eight," Buck says.

"That's me," Taylor nodded.

"Wow. Um, it's, uh, it's weird to hear that voice come out of a face," Buck chuckled.

Adrienne had to take herself out of the odd situation. Hen decided to follow Adrienne to the truck.

"I'm guessing you're not fond of Taylor? Am I sensing jealousy?" Hen asked. Adrienne distracted herself by putting away her turnout gear.

"Trust me, Hen, Buck and I aren't getting back together," Adrienne reassures. Hen gave Adrienne a questioning look.

"Okay, maybe I still might. The keyword is might still have feelings for Buck," Adrienne explained, "Just by the slightest bit."

"Okay, I believe you," Hen replied.

Adrienne was busy organizing and the fridge and cooking for the entire station. When a familiar voice filled her ears, Adrienne looked down to find Taylor Kelly and her camera man filming around the station. She just hoped she wouldn't have a camera uncomfortably shoved into her face.

Each of the members were interviewed by Taylor except for Bobby who clearly didn't want to be on camera as well. When Adrienne saw how uncomfortable her captain was, she went downstairs to grab him.

"Bobby! I need help finishing up the fridge and making the grocery list," Adrienne says. Bobby excused himself and ran up the stairs. Adrienne was about to follow him when Taylor stopped her.

"Vixen in the flesh! It's so nice to meet you," Taylor smiled.

"Vixen" was a name given to Adrienne when she went viral for her many saves that made it to the internet.

She became so popular that Marjan, aka, FireFox, and Adrienne decided to make a joint Instagram account that gained over 500k followers. Buck was washing a car watching Taylor and Adrienne from afar.

"Nice to meet you too. But, please don't shove the camera in my face," Adrienne replied.

"I guess we'll come back to you, then?" Taylor asked.

"I'll think about it."

Taylor walks upstairs with her camera man. Buck turned off the water hose and walked over to Adrienne.

"Are you okay?" Buck asked.

"I'm just not feeling Taylor right now. Aren't you?" Adrienne replied. Buck was interrupted by the sound of the bell before he could answer.

After arriving at Sandy's Exotic Creatures, Adrienne hopped out of the passenger seat in the truck and follows the team through a crowd. A man by the name of Gregory wasn't doing well during an eating competition that was still going on.

"Wonder how many he put down. Joey Chestnut scarfed down 74 hot dogs in ten minutes at last year's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest," Buck explained. They reached the middle of the crowd where Gregory was still scarfing down food at a table.

Adrienne looked over her shoulder to see Taylor Kelly's news van parked behind the truck. She was in utter disbelief. Taylor just had to pick the most inappropriate time to film.

"Excuse me, sir, are you refusing care?" Bobby asked, his voice slightly muffled by the shouts of the crowd. Gregory waved them off, then a hissing sound came from beneath him.

"Ah, geez!" Chimney jumped at the sight of a lizard.

"What is— oh my gosh," Adrienne shouts jumping back into Buck's arms. Buck and Bobby laughed at the two.

"Cute. That thing yours?" Chimney asked.

"That's Claude. He's the grand prize," A woman informed. Suddenly, Gregory passes out and the team rushed towards him.

"Whoa, guys, guys. Get them in. Give us some room," Bobby says, pushing ushering the crowd back. Taylor and her camera man walked over. Adrienne turns to them.

"That means you guys, too. Back up and give us some room," Adrienne commanded.

Adrienne and Buck worked together to push chairs and tables out of the way. Chimney and Hen started to examine the man.

"Airways are sealing up. I need the BBM," Hen says. Adrienne was quick to hand it off to her. As Hen pumped the BBM over Gregory's mouth, brown bugs begin flying out.

"Locusts!" Hen shouts.

"No, they're actually crickets. We allowed anything that Claude would eat. We thought it might be fun," The woman smiled.

"His pulse is weakening. He's in V-fib. He's coding," Hen says. Chimney gets down on his knees and starts CPR on the man.

"Damn it, the blockage is too big. He's not getting any air," Hen sighed, "Let me try something. Buck, give me the Magill."

Buck hands it off to her, and Hen uses it to stick it down Gregory's throat. Hen pulls out a large dead cricket. Gregory gasped for air as more crickets come flying out of his mouth.

"He's back," Hen says.

"I got sinus rhythm, pulse action rising. Let's get him up," Chimney instructed. They get him up, and Gregory starts throwing up dead crickets. Eddie leans down close to him.

"All this for a lizard, huh?" Eddie questions.

"A monitor lizard, and 500 bucks. And I just lost," Gregory whined.

Buck approached Adrienne while she was helping Hen restock the ambulance. When Hen saw Buck coming closer, she tapped Adrienne on her shoulder.

"What?" Adrienne asked. Hen pointed at Buck who was leaning on the ambulance's door. Adrienne finishes stocking up bandages and hops out. Buck took her outside of the station to talk.

"Why don't you like Taylor?" Buck asked.

"I just don't get a good vibe from her. She's after something," Adrienne replied, "She's.. pushy and kinda bitchy."

Taylor's news van pulls up right beside him. Adrienne rolls her eyes as Taylor gets out through the passenger side.

"Firefighter Strickland! Can we have a few moments with you? Just to ask a few questions?" Taylor asked, motioning for her camera man to film.

"I can't. I have breakfast to make and an ambulance to finish restocking."

"Maybe we could come with you?"

Seeing how Adrienne was starting to get uncomfortable, Buck decides to cut into the conversation. He managed to lead Taylor away and directed her to go interview Chimney instead. Adrienne mouthed a quick "thank you" to Buck.

Adrienne ended up not going on the next call with the 118 since she had an emergency she needed to attend to that involved Estelle.

Just before she arrived, she heard from Hen and Buck that there was a new batch of baked goods for the team. Adrienne wasn't interested in eating anything at all. Especially not after the bird box office incident.

"You sure you don't want this, Ri? It is fudge with nuts," Buck says, walking over to her with a piece in his hand. Adrienne shooed him away.

"I'm good. I'll stick to microwave popcorn and water," Adrienne replied. Buck nodded and ate the piece meant for Adrienne. The bell rings around the firehouse, and Adrienne dashed for the truck.

"Man. Allergies are going crazy today." Eddie says. He scratches his eyes a bit and blinks.

"You, too, huh? The index wasn't elevated this morning. Think it's a new kind?" Buck asked.

"New kind of what?"

"Pollen."

"A new kind of pollen?" Chimney asked, giving a questioning look to Eddie and Chimney. Adrienne was in the passenger seat watching them from over her shoulder.

"You're not feeling this, Chim?"

"No, I do not."

"I can see the pollen."

"I can hear it."

The 118, minus Bobby, arrived at a convention center where a pageant was being held. Adrienne was the first to enter into the building and found Athena arresting an angry mother.

"Victim's over there."

Chimney and Adrienne made their way over to the victim. They found a woman on her phone, and the woman turned to reveal a high heel literally embedded into her cheek.

"I'm going to need you to sit down and drop that phone, okay?" Adrienne instructed. Chimney helped the woman sit in a nearby chair.

"Hey guys," Chimney shouts. He looked around for Buck and Eddie who were still standing at the door.

"Diaz, Buckley, let's go!" Adrienne shouts.

When they wouldn't answer, Adrienne decided to go investigate for herself. Her hand immediately went to her head. She knew she was right about to eating the fudge. Athena calls out for Chimney, who joined them a few moments later. 

"Guys, look at me. Do you know where you are?" Chimney asked. Hen waddled her way over to join them.

"We're everywhere, man," Eddie replied.

"They're on drugs!" Athena scoffed.

"It's the brownies. I knew I was right about not eating them," Adrienne says.

"You guys eat that stuff? We just throw that stuff right in the trash."

"Kinda difficult when you have the news following you around for your whole entire shift. Trust me, Athena, I wanted to throw it away."

Adrienne stayed and watched her crew members just to be sure they wouldn't do anything stupid. Eddie was crying while being handcuffed by an officer.

"What's going on? I don't like this," Eddie whined.

"Ooh, you made him cry."
Adrienne turned her head to Buck and gave him a scolding look. Athena walks over, reassuring them that they would be just fine. Buck had his head resting on Adrienne's shoulder.

"'Thena, your head is beating like your heart," Hen sighed.

"Is it?" Athena asked, walking off to talk to Chimney. Buck stumbled to the floor, taking Adrienne down with him. He then rested his head on her chest. Adrienne didn't mind it much because she knew Buck was in a hallucinated state.

"Adrienne?" Buck says.

"Yeah, Evan?" Adrienne replied.

"I like you. You're pretty."

Adrienne pats Buck on top of his head. Hen and Eddie were sat down on a bench by officers.

"I like you too, Evan."

Adrienne very stupidly decided to take it upon herself to take care of Buck. It wasn't going to be long though because Maddie was already on her way to take care of her brother. Buck was groaning in protest as Adrienne walked into Abby's apartment with him.

"Okay, come on," Adrienne says. Buck was heavier than her, so helping him to the couch was slightly difficult. Adrienne turns to walk away, but was stopped by Buck's hand.

"Stay," Buck mumbled.

"You need water, Evan," Adrienne replied.

"Please?"

Adrienne sighed, taking a seat at the edge of the couch. She checked her phone for any updates of Maddie's ETA. She received nothing. Adrienne needed to go soon so she could pick up Estelle from Athena's house. 

"Kiss me."

Adrienne looked over at Buck who was staring at her. She was in disbelief.

"What?"

"Kiss me. Just this once, please?"

She wasn't quick enough to react. Buck kissed her, and for some reason, she kissed him back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 6.3K 20
This is my story! PLEASE don't steal it! I have been informed of this story being on other platforms but this is the original! Please report the othe...
15.2K 518 11
"Our hearts still beat." Antonia, better known as Toni, is the Chief Trauma Surgeon of the emergency department, a former army surgeon, and has parti...
11.1K 179 9
So T.K. became the new paramadic of the 126, but his place needed to be filled in as well. Captain Strand said that the new team member was on her wa...