Roll for Love.

By LeaMarelyn

A story of a High elf cleric losing the strongest member of her group - a Tiefling sorcerer - to a corrupted... More

Joining the Party
The Village and the Dragon
Rebuilding the Village
The Elf and The Tiefling
Adventuring 101
The Arrival of King Svedaor
Gaia Jubilee Crash
The Castle...
A New Beginning
The Elf And The Tiefling.. Pt. 2
Adventure of a Lifetime
Who did it?
Facing Him...
Indecisive
Curse of the DM.
A taste of darkness...
The Call of Destiny
Bonds of Blood
Veiled Flames.
Battle for Redemption
A Relief into Light - Or so it was...
The Grand Jubilee
The Elf and the Tiefling... Pt. 3
Nyx - Our baby girl..

Fearful Party

0 0 0
By LeaMarelyn

I wake up in my room of my home and I look around, I walk to my door and call for a Maid. My usual routine in a morning is wake, call for a maid, they bathe me, I get changed, they dry my hair, another maid makes my food and beverage. As I call, a maid comes, "M'lady," she says guiding me to the bathroom and running my bath she walks out and comes back in with another maid, except this time, there's a large gown and a corset, I never wear corset's unless it's an occasion. I get into the bath as the maid, washes me and my hair, massaging me as she usually does. "Cold day today Ma'am, don't you think?" a Maid asks as I nod

"a little chilly, I won't go out onto the balcony as I usually do today..." I answer as the maid nods. She helps me get out and wrap a dressing gown around me and take me into my room where two more Maids wait for me, "How many of you are on today, not all of you show unless it's an event."

"The necromancer has kindly invited the people of the land to join him at a banquet and party" another maid says.

"Necromancer? Nice?" I think for a moment before the maid nods. "Yeah- You're his +1 so you have to be a little more dolled up than usual." the maid states, I sigh and let them sit me down on a chair by my bed, I wore a white and light linen shift with a wide neckline and long sleeves, White silk stockings where place over my feet and up to my knees with a ribbon that was tied tightly just below the knee, the stockings were rolled down to secure everything in place. On the inside was the noble household's family crest usually of my father's side. He was a Marquess and was very powerful for where he stood, knowing the days he came home from his work I felt protected and secure, which is what my father aimed to do and more.

The maid that was holding the ball gown held it up and then hung it on the door of my closet to remove any creases, "The Necromancer thought you may like this ball gown as, well, we know how indecisive you can be," she says as I nod. "Thank you, although I would have preferred you to contact my father instead, he knows me better than the Necromancer." I say as the maids nod, "Of course m'lady. Infact we did and this was his opinion too" the eldest one of the maids said as I nod once more, "Thank you." I answer reassured. I stood up as the maids placed on a stay which was matching my dress, It was tied at the back with ribbon. As it was being tied, I held it to my waist so that the maids could tighten it accordingly to my figure. The aimed look was a flat back, narrowed waist and a raised bosom, the maids fiddled with the ribbon to get through the holes that we were still there doing it 5 minutes later, In the mean time the other maids place a  cage underskirt which shows off the skirt's pattern and design. On top they place a silk petticoat, then after the first maid was done with the stay the maids took a pink stomacher and pinned it to the stay beneath, "M'lday I'm surprised you wont be a little hot after today" she says as I laugh a little, "I'm surprised also." I reply.

"Ashentai, I'm home!" a familiar masculine voice calls as my eyes sparkle.

"Please tell me that's father!" I ask giggling as a butler comes up announcing my father has returned home. I calm down and nod, "Thank you D'zanin" I smile as he nods in return before walking down stairs to welcome him back. The maids gather the silk and satin ball gown from the bottom and lift it over my arms and head and then pulls it down as I place my arms in the sleeves which go to my elbows, leaving room for gloves or bracelets if I chose to wear any, the maids then tie pink ribbons around the white lace just above my elbow and place it into a little bow, I place on some heels and make my way down stairs with the maids.

Standing tall talking to the Necromancer himself about me, my father glances over and sees me, I blush and smile slightly before catching onto the Necromancer, my eyes widen and fear strikes my face, I take my father into another room and have a private conversation about how I am really worried and nervous about this, my father reassures me that nothing bad will happen and he'll make sure of it I give him a hug and he tells me how much he had missed giving his little girl cuddles... We walk back in to see the Necromancer having a glance around... he hears me come back in the room and looks back to me as I blush and quickly walk off to another room where the maids are, I glance back as the Necromancer catches my gaze and I immediately turn away with a soft smirk, "Charming fellow isn't he?" One maid says slightly swooning over him. "Don't be ridiculous, there's probably something off about him, something creepy like, I don't know a rotting body part or a weird taste for something that's not normal." I roll my eyes trying not to blush.

"You're the one being ridiculous, you're blushing, I saw that little smirk as you came in, don't think I didn't see it. You like him." The maid says as I sigh a little.

 "well- I won't say I'm in love. No chance, no way, I won't say it. It's too cliché, a Noble girl falling in love with someone who's evil? That's happened too many times before" I answer as the maid shakes her head with a smirk in disbelief, she takes a brush and starts going through my wet hair, she dries it and then begins styling it into a bun as another maid applies moisturiser, concealer and then foundation, the powdery kind, when all of the maids stop, "That's as far as we know" one maid says embarrassed as the Necromancer walks in, "No worries ladies, I'll take it from here." he says as the maids nod and walk out with the last one winking at me before making her hands form a heart before giggling, they were lucky I had a good relationship with them and I was willing to take a joke. I bite my lip and look to the necromancer who smiles slightly and takes a pad and some blush and begins applying it gently, he had a serious sort of focused look to him and it made me shiver, i tried to remain still as possible, "You look really pretty by the way.." he says, "With or without the makeup Ashentai, You're gorgeous just the way you are" this made me blush a little and close my eyes, he produces a faint chuckle and continues to apply the makeup using his spare hand to hold mine, he relaxes a little and finishes up with the blush. Glancing at my dress he picks up an eyeshadow that compliments both the dress and my eyes, he smiles before asking me to close my eyes. He begins to apply it with his middle finger and smiles, I couldn't stop myself from intertwining my hand with his, "You still care I see." he says monotonously, "That's sweet to know."

I let go of his hand and sadden for a moment, "What's up, did i say something wrong?"

"it's not what you said.. it-" I begin to stutter before running out the room crying. One of the maids walks in and raises an eyebrow as the Necromancer just shrugged. my father catches me and cleans away my tears, "hush now, what's the matter, he didn't upset you did he?" My father says as he looks at me, "Look at you, he's going to have re apply all of it. but as he said, Make up or not, you're just as pretty as your mother, and her mother, and even her mother. Guess it runs in the family." he chuckles trying to make me feel better, the necromancer comes in saddened and embarrassed, "go apologize to him, he didn't hurt you. And by the looks of him, he doesn't dream of it."

"But you don't know what he is." I mutter as I walk back to the necromancer who reveals his hand to me, I look away and he lowers his hand, "Why are you avoiding me, and calling me by my title, You know who I am Ashentai... I'm no stranger to you..."

"That's where you're wrong, ever since THAT day you became someone I love-d" I snap as the Necromancer sheds a few tears, "Someone.. You... Loved?" he repeats as I turn my head away and nod, "yes. Keep up." I answer... with immediate regret, I hug him tightly, "I'm sorry, i was mean, you don't deserve someone like me," I sadden lowering his hood so that I could see him better, he holds a reassuring smile and gaze to me as if he's forgiven me, "we all make mistakes little elf, just because you're a noble, you're no different than me or Dracana, Eshin, Sedin or anyone else", he hugs me back as my father walks in seeing the tiefling and I hugging, "Ashentai..." he says completely aghast by the figure that was holding me in his arms, the tiefling looks over, sees my father and his eyes widen, "Sir, I mean no harm to your little girl, I - I know what I am, I know you hate - no - hate's the wrong word, I know you completely loathe us but there's nothing to worry about I won't hurt her under any circumstances, if anything, if she was hurt, I'd sacrif-"

"Enough. I have heard Enough, Finish her make-up and get out of my sight, I never want to see you again, you wretched being." my father scolds as the necromancer frowns. "Of course sir," he turns to me and sits me down, reapplying the makeup and adding mascara and lip gloss, he then lets my hair down and takes a brush, going through my hair and then stop, "Sir, If I may ask, What was her favourite hairstyle as a child?" the tiefling asks as the father tears up before guiding him in doing my favourite hair style as a child. "my boy, I see you mean no cold intention and have underestimated your race, may you forgive me?" he asks as the tiefling nods, "Thank you."

I stand up and hold the necromancer's hand, gently, "are we ready?" I ask as he nods before checking the time, " I think we are." he says, leading me out of the manor, "the party doesn't begin until sundown, so I guess we could have a bit of a wander and explain how we deeply feel about each other..."

I look to his opposite arm seeing the flesh and muscle come away from the bone slightly, he follows my gaze and embarrassingly covers his arm in his cloak...

"Ashentai!" I hear my father call from behind me. I turn around and look up at him, "What is it father?" I question as he comes down with a box

 "This was your mother's but I think she would want it to be yours now." he says opening the box revealing a red silk cloak with a jewelled pattern at the bottom, underneath was a matching clip which my father clipped into a cross section of my hair at the top of my head, the clip was a jewelled rose which sparkled in the glistening sun, "Speaking of clips, I'd like to get some more if that's okay." I say as my arm intertwines with the necromancer's as he nods. "Of course, I found a nice little shop with lots of cute little clips and hair pins if you'd like to check them out." I place on the cloak and The necromancer stares at me for a moment, "Little red riding hood and the big bad necromancer!" he says proudly as I try not laugh by smiling and cover my mouth using my thumb and index finger on my left hand, I take the lead as the necromancer catches up, "HEY! Slow down! You're gonna fall, and get covered in dirt!" He calls as I laugh. "You need to be quicker then! times moving faster than you are haha" I call back as he eyes widen and his eyebrows lowered with his mouth slightly open with the corners slightly raised and his head tilted to left side, "Girl. Seriously." he says as I giggle more.

"Come get me then!" I say, picking up my skirt and running off. "Don't test me, little girl." he says with a devilish smirk and running after me, "You're in heels little one, you can't run quickly"

Reality hits me and I almost fall face first into the ground in the middle of the town market if it weren't for the Necromancer catching me, "Got you." he says, "Are you okay?" he asks as I nodded. "I'm fine" I answer taking a deep breath, he stands me up and checks my dress if it has been torn or not. Luckily, it hasn't. We both sigh of relief before a glistening jewel from a distance catches my eye I walk over to it and the necromancer follows intertwining his cold hand with my warm one. "I didn't know you were cold." i say as the necromancer saddens.

"In which way?" he says as I swing around and press my finger to his soft lips, "You're warm deep down but on the outside You're cold, It's like your dead physically but not internally" I say pecking his cheek and looking to the stall, the grand clip that sat on a stand glistening away was the shape of a peacock whose tail was fanning slightly downwards. My jaw dropped.

"It's- not the most beautiful thing I've seen" the necromancer states as I go to slap him when he continues, "because you're even more beautiful" he says caressing my cheek as the vendor laughs.

"good save young man" he says as the necromancer winks, as in to say thanks. I look at him and then smile he nods and points towards the peacock hair clip, "10 platinum, this peacock hair pin is made of little real white diamonds and the feather eyes are made of Alexandrite, having only a little of that is as pretty as you're going to get." The vendor says as the necromancer's face goes blank. "I told you, nothing is more prettier than the girl beside me right now." he says gesturing to his side to hold my hand when he looks and sees that I'm at a completely different stall, and sighs, "You're kidding me." He buys the hair pin in secret quickly and walk over to where I am glancing over some pretty crowns, "Like any of them?" he asks as I squeak a little.

"You're quiet, coming over..." I say as the necromancer laughs a little before seeing the sun slowly go down, "Party?" I ask as the necromancer nods. "Now's a good time to take off." he says calling a skeletal horse helping me get up before hopping up himself, "hold on, Princess." He says with a smile as the horse goes from a walk to a gallop pretty quickly, I hold on to him while smiling, I rest my head on him as he smiles softly. The suns warmth fades to cool night the closer we get to the castle entrancing me once we see the sun leave the sky. Stars dance and glisten in the cooler air. I admire their beauty and almost fall asleep before being immediately woken by the slowing of the horse, the necromancer hops off first and then takes my hand to help me down also, around us was a soothing air, not like what I saw before where there was storms and lightning red as blood, we walk in and the Tiefling takes my cloak and hangs it on a stand when we walk through the large stone doors that I once remembered to be in ruins, the place was stunning now that I see it in it's true beauty, he smiles down at me as I do up at him, he insists I go further in and mingle with the other guests while he takes care of a few affairs. I walk into the throne room where I see people chatting, singing and dancing, the air glowed with a golden like fire, the passion from everyone enthralled me, I never thought that the place I once was in before in a fire dancer's outfit and a pair of fans could look so inviting and alluring, I noticed the people dancing in the middle was an elvish ballroom dance from long ago, my great grandparents would have done this to give context, infact, this was the exact castle they would have danced in, I soon get approached by a man in a elvish handmade suit, he looked to be an elf himself. High elf? Neigh, but rather another sub race, Moon elf. I could tell from the coldness in his skin, the silver glistening hair and the gaze of darkness in his eyes, he was definitely a Moon elf, he wore a silver earring in his right ear, shaped like the moon. The moon phases were on his collar of his blouse, "Ma'am, our ancestor's danced to this, let us make them proud and continue the dance as they would have all those years ago." He says his cold and soothing voice almost hypnotising me, I nod and he smiles. He reaches out his hand. He wore gloves of the moon embroidered on them, he smiles as I take his hand and we walk to the dance floor hand in hand before facing each other and the music began, captivated by the music and the moon elf before me we danced around meeting up and then twirling around once more, repeating steps and switching partners and even groups, before picking up the pace and moving a little faster to the entrancing melody we came back to our original partners as the moon elf gently grasped my left hand lifting it gently to the side of our heads, and pulling me close to place his hand on my back as I place my hand gently on the coat of his left arm, he gazes into my eyes as I do to him. Every time we dance under the moonlight his skin sparkles and glistens.

the music settles as we all turn to face the Necromancer who holds his arms wide open.

"Welcome one and all, and my plus one, you know who you are sweetheart" he calls winking towards me, making me blush slightly, "I would like to thank you all for coming and spending the night partying away worries and problems and also to celebrate my success at what I do best." he continues, Ominously. I lower my eyebrows but raise the inner corners as I look to the ground placing one of my hands to my lips and begin to ponder what he means, I haven't seen the others so I hope they aren't hurt nor do I want them to be, I look up and notice that the warm atmosphere had been a deception tactic and the moon elf that was with me had a bone sword through his chest revealing his non beating heart, I look up seeing the tiefling menacingly watch over the bloodshed as the males tried to defend the women as they ran to the door, I froze in the midst and my head turns to Verece, the lamps and chandeliers had all burnt out and then reignited with a cold threatening flame. 

~with the Great Tiefling Scholar~

"Her expression changed, this isn't good" he says sat before me who takes notes and watches me and my facial expressions.. he waits a little while to see if he could figure it out, but at the same time the lamps in the tree flicker and burn out.. HE was near.

"my girlfriend?" he politely asks the tieflings at the door as they shake his head, "you're a disgrace to who we are" one says as his neck is immediately snapped without hesitation. He walks closer to the other tiefling and repeats the question, "Where. Is. She? you placed her in danger, where. Is she?!" the Tiefling refuses to answer the necromancer and the tiefling ends in the same fate as the first. Storming into the tree, the great scholar tiefling hears of this and leaves me to go see the necromancer.

"Tiashar." Verece says absently, "May I know where my dearest darling is?"

"Verece. My boy. you'll have to leave, she cannot be awoken otherwise I cannot get the right results, I'm trying to help her here, so that you two can be together again, she loves you as much as you with her." Tiashar mentions as Verece saddens. "So be it. Contact me when it is done, I request a private meeting with her." Verece demands. Tiashar shakes his head, "we stopped doing those as it broke the trance and made the patient/student aggressive." He warns as Verece nods. "I wish not that Ashentai is aggressive, rather calm and resolute" Verece states nodding before pausing, "hand her my regards, send her my love and give her this pin." He says laying a pin the shape of a cross with twin turtle doves resting upon it.

Walking out still unable to gain his girlfriend, the Necromancer revives the Tieflings that had their necks snapped and salutes to them before walking away retreating the other undead with him back to the castle, "I will." Tiashar says looking at the pin and thinking. With crisis swiftly and calmly averted, Tiashar walks back to me and smile softly laying the pin down before me.

~the Party~

People died left right and centre and to be fair, I was bothered about not getting my dress bloody. Yes. I'm THAT petty, running out trying to hide I stand by a wall when I hear the clacking of shoes on the stone cold ground, they got louder but i couldn't tell the direction they were from, I began hyperventilating and my vision goes blurry almost collapsing, the necromancer shows and kisses my forehead, "The party's over, wake up now, I'll see you soon. I miss you..."

"Wait!" I say waking up from the trance that Tiashar placed me in...

---

You, it's you and me
It's you and me won't be unhappy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 5 30
Let me tell you a story, once upon a time there was a girl, she grew up far away in a small village, when she was a young girl she was left on a door...
102K 2.3K 35
A tournament hosted by a king for a princess's hand is at hand! Two finalists battle it out. Before the winner can take the princess's (and the kingd...
28.3K 640 34
Faylen Adwynn comes from a troubled past which landed her in Rivendell 10 years ago. She found a new family amongst the elves and trained, always sta...
2.7K 132 47
A story of a sorceress and a cleric who are in a rivalry relationship. Misha, the elestra, dislikes clerics and there's one cleric she disliked the m...