Genshin (mostly Dottore) x Re...

By DreamingCloudie

Hi! Thank you so much for deciding to check this out! This is a compilation of all the Genshin x Readers that... More

πŸ’Œ | Venti x GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Zhongli x Automaton!Fem!Reader
πŸ’­ | Playing Phasmaphobia w/ them
πŸ’Œ | Creator!Dottore x Creation!GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ€ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ€ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x Sick!GN!Reader
New Dottore x reader book :)
πŸ€ | Dottore & Child!GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Kid!Dottore & GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore (& Segments) x GN! Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore (& segments) x GN!Reader
πŸ’­ | Streamer!Dottore x Character!GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x GN!Reader
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x Mermaid!GN!Reader
πŸ€| Dottore x GN!Reader
Asks/requests open!
πŸ’Œ | Dottore x GN!Reader

πŸ’Œ | Dottore & Child!GN!Reader

1.6K 47 23
By DreamingCloudie

❛❛ Brave Little Warrior ❜❜

•──────────✧──────────•

❛❛ You're an interesting one, aren't you? ❜❜

Pairing(s): Dottore & Child!GN!Reader (PLATONIC)

Genre/Format: Fluff (oneshot)

wc: ~1.2k

Notes: Requested by anon on Tumblr. Dottore as a big brother figure? Yes please 🙏 I hope you'll like this one!

•──────────✧──────────•

The House of the Hearth, an orphanage to train children to become fierce warriors. And of course, they had set up an education system as well.

By Arlecchino's request, Dottore, albeit was reluctant, would come by the orphanage every so often to teach the children. He taught mostly anything science related. If he had to face these kids for hours on end, then he would need to talk about something he enjoys to keep himself sane.

When he first came to the orphanage, his ominous aura and intimidating form would strike fear into the hearts of the children, which he was thankful for because he didn't want any of those brats to come up to him. All the children were afraid of him, they've heard rumors of how a mad scientist would come and take naughty children to a place much worse than the confinement room.

And that man pretty much fitted the description of the rumored mad scientist—that he has strange toothpaste-coloured hair.

So luckily for him, he didn't have to worry about these kids to cause trouble in his classes.

They wouldn't dare.

Though, he would admit it could get a bit boring when he taught them. The classroom would get so quiet when he talked, but oh well.

"So, can anyone tell me why lemons conduct electricity?" He asked.

And as expected, no one raised their hand, afraid that they might get the answer wrong and they would be faced with something worse than detention. However, a voice spoke among the crowd before he could continue.

"Because they have citric acid!"

He looked to where the voice came from and saw a bubbly kid with a grin on their face.

How interesting, a child who isn't afraid to speak up. He thought.

Then he recalled that Arlecchino mentioned something about a new kid was brought to the orphanage a few days ago... (Y/n), was it?

So it was them it seemed, he had never seen them before.

An amused smile took over his usual scowl when he heard the answer.

"My, you are a smart one, aren't you? Correct."

Everyone was scared of him and would not get close to him willingly, let alone even looking in his way. This was the first time a kid would talk to him on their own accord.

What an interesting soul you were.

He was sure that the other kids had told you about the 'mad scientist' rumors already. But when the lesson came to an end, to his surprise you walked up to him and tilted your head up to look at him.

"Mister harbinger, can we do the volcano experiment for the next lesson, please?" You asked.

To which he only responded by staying silent for a few seconds before he huffed and made his way to the exit.

With that response, you assumed he rejected your suggestion. Feeling dejected, you blew at a strand of your hair before going to the bedroom you were assigned to.

---

The next time you saw 'Mister harbinger' was a week later. When he came into the room, you gasped excitedly at what he was carrying. Some baking soda, a bottle of vinegar...

And a volcano model.

He put the items down onto the desk and as usual, the class stayed quiet to listen to what he had to say. He scanned his eyes around the room and spotted you with the silliest wide grin on your face.

You were a breath of fresh air to him. And so he decided to indulge you in your request.

"Today, we'll be doing the volcano experiment."

---

It's been a month since you've been in the orphanage.

As class ended, it was now time for combat training. You made sure to say your goodbyes to The Doctor before leaving for the training ground, and he nodded in return.

For a few hours, you and the other kids were paired up to go against each other. But to your dismay, you ended up losing every duel.

Among the other kids, you didn't excel in battle. Your stance was sloppy and you had trouble controlling your stamina usage. For that reason, the kids who won against you would make fun of you for being weak.

However, you did have a gifted mind to make up for that, in which The Doctor took interest in.

As you laid on the ground exhausted, you could make out the silhouette of the harbinger leaning against the wall. He was there as Arlecchino's second pair of eyes. Making sure none of the kids fool around.

When he saw how exhausted you looked, he felt a tiny spark of pity in him.

He would not admit it, not in a million years, but he might have a little soft spot for you. The moment you first talked to him. Right then and there he decided that you would be the only kid he could tolerate.

When the training finally ended, everyone other than you scurried to go back to their rooms, not wanting to be in the presence of the second fatui harbinger any longer.

And you were just laying on the ground panting, sweat was rolling down your face.

"Why are you still laying there, brat?" Mister harbinger spoke, strolling over to you.

"I... I'm tired." You told him.

"Let's get you to bed then," he said. Holding a hand out for you to take.

You grabbed a hold of his hand and he got you back up, leading you to your bedroom.

Before he could leave the room as you settled down on the bed, you called out to him, "Wait!"

He halted in his tracks, tilting his head a little at you.

"Can you, um, read me a bedtime story, please?"

"You are training to become a Fatui member, you want me to read you a story?" He scoffed.

"Please, Mister! I'm too tired and I want a story to help me sleep..." You pleaded.

He stood still for a while before sighing and sitting down on a chair next to your bed.

As he did so, you got under the covers and laid down, hugging your teddy bear with a silly grin on your face again.

He observed you for a while, thinking back to how the kids would make fun of you for not being great at combat. You didn't show it but he could see the shame and sadness in your eyes.

And so he made up a little story, secretly wanting to cheer you up.

"Well, once upon a time, there was a... little warrior who wished to become stronger—"

As he continued, his soothing voice was making your eyes heavy, but you were too invested into the story. And you wanted to wait until it was finished.

"—they trained every day so they could beat down foes and the others would stop making fun of them—"

When it finally came to an end, you were still wide awake and you asked him, "What happened next? Did they become a better fighter?"

He looked at you and smiled a little to himself, patting you on the head.

"Not yet, but they worked very hard and I know they will one day. They are a brave little warrior, after all."

•──────────✧──────────•

I hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493K 5.9K 27
This is a collection of fics cross published from my Ao3 and Tumblr. If you want to make a request, visit my Tumblr, since I'll have a better chance...
324K 6.4K 29
[Request closed for now] Anyways, this book contains yandere headcanons and oneshots for various characters from Genshin Impact. (And of course, Gens...
29K 729 13
(Rewriting this fanfic on another genshin book) πŸ’«You died and has transported into genshin impact (I know clichΓ¨), and accompanies the traveler on t...
66.6K 951 81
Genshin Oneshots All are written by me, please do not take as your own.