🍀 | Dottore & Child!GN!Reader

❛❛ Troublesome Kiddo ❜❜

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

❛❛ Kid, pay attention to me, will you? ❜❜

Pairing(s): Akademiya!Dottore & Child!GN!Reader (PLATONIC)

Genre/Format: Crackfic (Drabble)

Warning(s): Use of Dottore's (speculated) real name

wc: 534

Notes: A little something I wrote for an Anon on tumblr ^^

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Zandik—as one of the top students in the Akademiya, his achievements were widely spread in Sumeru. Wherever he went, whether it be on the bustling streets or at a store, people would often praise him for his enviable intelligence.

However, despite his genius of a mind, was someone who unironically struggled with mora. With how many assignments were piled up on his desk and the hunger to conduct experiments, he didn't have the time to really find a suitable job.

So who was he to refuse when one of the citizens ran up to him and asked him to tutor her child? He was about to deny but was cut off when the person said she was willing to pay him a ransom. Taking a glance at the child beside the pleading mother, they looked no older than probably ten years old.

How hard was it going to be to teach a kid basic math? And he was getting paid too! It was a win-win situation for him, only an idiot would refuse!

Now that he had agreed to help, he was beginning to contemplate if he had made the right decision as he sat next to the kid—(Y/n), who never seemed to run out of energy.

"Alright, so—"

"Mister, what is that blue glowy thing on your ear?" (Y/n) asked.

Zandik sighed for probably the fifteenth time today when he got cut off.

"That's a—"

"Oh! I know! This is where you keep your, um, blueberry juice so you can drink it wherever you want!"

He was too tired to explain, honestly. So he decided to just go with what (Y/n) said.

"Yes, yes, you're right. Now—"

"Or maybe you're secretly a wizard and that's your magic potion!"

Sigh.

"Alright, kid. How about we take a break and then you listen to me, okay?"

Then (Y/n) nodded happily which was a huge relief because they were still on the first chapter of the kiddo's textbook.

Zandik soon came back with a plate of snacks for the ankle-biter and continued on with their tutoring session.

For the whole time while he was explaining how multiplication works, (Y/n) sat in silence as they munched on a chocolate chip cookie. While they remained quiet, he took that as a sign they were listening to him with how their eyes were staring at the textbook intently.

(Y/n) did try their best to listen, really. They were able to do that until ten minutes in, their mind wandered off to a land of singing Aranaras and floating food...

Food...

I wonder what's Mr. Zanny's favorite food. They thought to themselves.

Dangos... Potato Boat... Rose Custard—

"Okay, now that I've explained the method on how to solve this. I'll ask you a question." Zandik said, breaking (Y/n) out of their daydream.

"So, what's five times two?"

"Five times two? Two... Oh! That reminds me. Mommy gave me two apples for breakfast today! They are my favorite food!"

They continued, "What's your favorite food, Mr. Zanny? You have blueberry juice with you so maybe... blueberry cupcakes? Or maybe even—"

This kid... Zandik thought as he grunted in defeat, drowning out (Y/n)'s ramblings.

Oh he didn't get paid enough for this.

═════════════════

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! ♡