A Tale of Two Sisters || Tang...

De Disneyfan_1235

Rapunzel has dreamed of seeing the floating lights, for years - Y/n has dreamed of one day finding her long-l... Mai multe

β˜€οΈ Origins and Obligations β˜€οΈ
β˜€οΈ Mother Knows Best β˜€οΈ
β˜€οΈ A Thief and Some Thugs β˜€οΈ
β˜€οΈ Dances and Lanterns, At Last β˜€οΈ
β˜€οΈ Happily Ever After β˜€οΈ
πŸ’– Kingdom Of Corona πŸ’–
🍬 Meeting Vanellope 🍬
πŸ‘‘ A Tangled Wedding πŸ‘‘
πŸ‘‘ A Golden Coronation πŸ‘‘
🌻 First Season Introduction 🌻
🌻 Meeting the Alchemist 🌻
🌻 Rapunzel's Enemy 🌻
🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻
🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻
🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻
🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻
🌻 The Return of Strongbow 🌻
🌻 In Like Flynn 🌻
🌻 Great Expotations 🌻
🌻 Under Raps 🌻
🌻 Attila The Bun 🌻
🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻
🌻 Angry and Red 🌻
🌻 The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth 🌻
🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻
🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻
🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻
🌻 Not in the Mood 🌻
🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻
🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻
🌻 Secret of the Sundrop 🌻
πŸŒ• Season 2 - Intro πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• Trust in the Alchemist πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• Beyond the Corona Walls πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• Crashing a Wedding πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• The Return of Quaid πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• Goodbye and Goodwill πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• The Forest of No Return πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• Freebird πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• Vigor the Visionary πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• Keeper of the Spire πŸŒ•
πŸŒ• King Pascal πŸŒ•
Important Story Update

🌻 Painter's Block 🌻

980 22 52
De Disneyfan_1235

A few days later, after being the queen for a day, things seem almost back to normal for Rapunzel. The oldest princess walks down the halls, with a red apple in her hand, Pascal on her shoulder and a bright smile on her face.

However, Rapunzel then discovers something.. interesting. People everywhere are pushing and moving sculptures, paintings and crates of other art related objects.

"What's this?" Rapunzel wonders, before seeing her father with Nigel. "Dad, what is going on? What's with all this art?" Rapunzel asks. "Ah, there are you, Rapunzel. I've got a little surprise for you." Frederic says, as Nigel walks away.

[In The Meeting Room]
Since Y/n as much of an art fan as Rapunzel, Frederic knew this news would excite her the most. Besides, he and Rapunzel have noticed that the youngest princess has been spending a lot of time shut up in her room. To them, it's confusing. To anyone who knows why, it's heartbreaking.

Frederic reveals a small model of a newly built building in Corona. "The Gallery of the Seven Kingdoms!" He declares, making Rapunzel gasp. "Really? You're actually gonna build it?" She asks. "Yes, we already have." Frederic answers.

"And in the spirit of artistic expression, I've asked the citizens of Corona to contribute their work as well." Frederic tells Rapunzel. "This is amazing!" His oldest daughter gushes.

"There is one piece I'd like to add before opening the gallery, a mural by Corona's most celebrated artist Princess Rapunzel." Frederic states. Rapunzel's eyes widen, stunned. "Dad, I'm speechless." She tells him, flattered.

"Well, let's just say after the events of the great storm and the judgment you demonstrated, I've been looking for ways to implement more of your good ideas." Frederic says. Rapunzel nods, frowning a little. "Now, get painting!" He tells his oldest daughter, handing her a paintbrush with a proud smile. She glances up and smiles back.

Rapunzel exits the meeting room, and an idea blossoms in her mind, as she walks by a familiar bedroom. Her little sister's bedroom. "Y/n?" She asks, knocking on her closed bedroom door.

The note from the snowstorm still hangs on the door. 'Keep out. I want to be left alone.' The note says, in red crayon. Rapunzel sighs, with a frown.

Y/n also hasn't said much, since the events of the snowstorm. Meals of the day have been in silence, her lessons with Cassandra and her mother have been almost mute and every time somebody tries to talk to her about the events of the snowstorm, she either makes up an excuse to leave, or she changes the subject. So almost nobody knows what's going on with her. Rapunzel knows that it has something to do with what happened during the snowstorm, but.. what about it?

Rapunzel knocks again. "Sis, come on. You can't keep doing this.." She tells Y/n, then sighs. "There's something I want to ask you, now please open this door or I will." She tells her, pleadingly.

In her head, Rapunzel counts to ten.
Her little sister's bedroom door remains closed.
Rapunzel sighs. "Should we?" She asks Pascal.
The small green chameleon shrugs, in response.
Rapunzel inhales deeply, then opens the door.

"Y/n?" Rapunzel asks, exhaling slowly and entering her little sister's blue bedroom. But, she doesn't see Y/n anywhere. This worries Rapunzel. "Y/-" She calls, looking around frantically. But then she pauses. Her little sister is still asleep in her bed.
This makes Rapunzel smile and sigh in relief.

"Y/n?" Rapunzel softly says, shaking her shoulder with her hand. After a few minutes, Y/n wakes up. "What are you doing in her, Rapunzel?" She asks.

Rapunzel sits on the edge of her little sister's bed. "Dad's built an art gallery, for all the seven kingdoms, in Corona. And he's asked me to paint a large mural, before it opens. Do you want to help paint it, with me?" She asks.

Sitting up and stretching a little, Y/n glances over at her older sister. "I don't know. Art and painting is more your thing, than mine.." She points out, with a shrug. Rapunzel nods. "I guess, but you should really do something. You can't stay cooped up in your bedroom all the time. It's not healthy.." She tells her little sister, holding her hand.

"What's going on with you?" Rapunzel asks, when her little sister doesn't reply. "Please talk to me. Is it about what happened with Varian?" She asks.

Y/n frowns sadly, at the mention of her best friend. "Y/n.. ever since that snowstorm, you've been acting different." Rapunzel states. "N-No, I haven't." Y/n mutters, awkwardly. "Yeah. You have. You almost never talk to anybody, and we hardly ever see you 'cause you stay in your bedroom most of the time, when you don't have your lessons or chores to do." Rapunzel points out.

Rapunzel sits closer to her little sister, as she hesitates, looking down at the floor. "Did something happen?" Rapunzel asks her. Y/n lets out a sigh, then glances up at her sister. "Yes. Something happened. Lots of things happened, but nobody will believe me or even listen to me." She states, surprising her older sister - that's the most she's said in the past few days.

"Believe what? What did happen?" Rapunzel asks. "Varian saved my life." Y/n answers.

Rapunzel's eyes widen, stunned. "What?" She asks. "In the snowstorm. I left the castle, almost froze to death but Varian brought me to his lab, saving me. An-And, his dad.. he really is encased. Within these large yellow rocks. I-I tried to help him, because you didn't. But the Captain and the guards brought me back to the castle, before I got the chance to. And thanks the Nigel, the Captain and the guards, and probably Daddy, too, the entire kingdom thinks that Varian is some kind of.. of villain, who assaulted and then kidnapped me." Y/n explains. As Rapunzel listens, Y/n's voice slowly turns more trembling within each sentence, and her eyes well up with tears at the memory of everything that happened.

"And.. that's why you're upset?" Rapunzel asks. "I'm upset, because.." Y/n answers, then sighs. "Nobody believes me. I told Daddy everything that happened as soon as I came home, but Nigel's managed to get it into everybody's minds that the cold messed with my head, or something. And I was going to go to Old Corona to make sure that Varian's alright, but Daddy has forbidden me to." She tells her older sister, wiping her eyes.

"You're really worried about Varian, aren't you?" Rapunzel asks. Y/n nods. "Of course I am, he's my best friend.." She replies. Rapunzel hesitates, in deep thought. "Just your best friend?" She asks.

"What? What do you mean 'Just'?" Y/n asks, narrowing her eyebrows in confusion. "Sis.. it means a lot, to have someone who would do anything for you. To save your life, to be there when you need it most, and to do anything to make you happy.." Rapunzel states. "Uh-huh.. and?" Y/n asks, not seeing where Rapunzel is going with this.

"Varian does all of that. I saw it. At the expo, in the Snuggly Duckling when we met Ruthless Ruth.. even when we first met him. He's always there for you." Rapunzel points out. "I know.." Y/n replies.

"So, then you know what that means?" Rapunzel asks. "What what means?" Y/n asks, confused.
Rapunzel sighs, shaking her head with a giggle.
"Sis.. Varian likes you." She tells her little sister.

Y/n pauses. "Well.. well, of course he likes me. He's my best fr-" She points out. "No! Not like that. Varian cares about you, how.. Eugene cares about me." Rapunzel clarifies, making her little sister's eyes widen. "How Dad cares about Mom.." Rapunzel adds, nudging her teasingly.

After a few minutes of silent thought, Y/n shakes her head. "N-No.. I doubt it. I mean, a guy can be best friends with a girl, without it meaning.. that." She points out. Rapunzel nods. "That's true, I believe in that too. But.. not with you two. The signs are all there, Y/n." She tells her, with a smile.

"What.. signs?" Y/n asks. Rapunzel covers her mouth, to hide her giggles. She finds it adorable how clueless her little sister is about true love.
"Y/n, I've seen. The way he looks at you, everything he does for you. And the way you make him blush sometimes." She tells her little sister, before her eyes widen in realisation. "Although, come to think of it, I've seen you get like that around him, too.." She adds, with a smug smile.

Y/n's eyes widen, and her cheeks feel warmer. "G-Get like what?" She asks, awkwardly. Rapunzel smug smile grows. "That. Your cheeks are all pink." She replies, pinching her cheek playfully. "That's what happens, when you're in love.." She whispers with a smile, as Y/n puts a hand on her cheek.

Glancing at her little sister, who is now lost for words, Rapunzel decides to put a pin on the subject and save it for another time. "Y/n, please come do some painting with me. It might take your mind off of things." She encourages, pleadingly.

"Please?" Rapunzel asks. Y/n sighs, then reluctantly nods in agreement. "Sure.. why not?" She replies. Rapunzel smiles in excitement, then quickly wraps her little sister in a hug. This surprises Y/n, but she then smiles softly, hugging her older sister back.

[In The Gallery Of The Seven Kingdoms]
"This is a dream project, Y/n! I have had so many ideas for what a mural this size could look like." Rapunzel gushed excitedly, as the two princesses stand in front of their large wall canvas.

"That's great. It'll be amazing." Y/n replies, setting the cups of paint on the small table beside them. "But it's hard to pick just one." Rapunzel replies.

Pascal squeaks, waving a paintbrush to her with his tail. "You're right, Pascal. Just make a decision and go with it." Rapunzel says, taking the paintbrush and holding it to the canvas.

But.. Rapunzel doesn't paint anything. This surprises Y/n. Whenever Rapunzel paints, she gets started as soon as the brush is in her hands. "Rapunzel?" Y/n asks. "Just make a decision.." Rapunzel repeats, holding the paintbrush to the canvas, as the memories from the snowstorm suddenly come flooding to her mind.

[Later That Evening]
Rapunzel remains still all day, thinking of what to paint. However, her plan to cheer Y/n up works.
Y/n glances up from her simple painting in the corner, at Rapunzel, who still stands stiffly in front of the near-empty canvas.

"You haven't painted anything yet? Is everything alright?" Y/n asks. "Okay, it's like I wanna paint, but I just can't. What is going on?" Rapunzel questions.

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom, Half An Hour Later]
"Sounds like painter's block." Cassandra tells Rapunzel, once the princesses tell her, Eugene and Lance what Rapunzel's problem is.

"Painter's block? Wait. You mean like writer's block?" Rapunzel asks. "Yeah. You're just having a hard time being creative is all." Cassandra tells her.

"What the princess needs is a way to punch through the painter's block." Lance replies. "Or maybe what she needs is a little.. inspiration!" Eugene suggests, giving his girlfriend the smolder.

Not getting what Eugene meant, Rapunzel beams. "That's it! Come on, Pascal. Let's go find some real inspiration." She suggests. Pascal hops onto her shoulder, and she runs out of the bedroom. "She walked right past the smolder. She's worse than we thought." Eugene says, then whispers.

[In The Village, A Few Minutes Later]
"Wow! Who knew Corona had so many talented artists? Look at these paintings! They are all so beautiful." Rapunzel tells Pascal, as they watch everybody in the village let their artistic sides soar.

"In their.. own way.." Rapunzel adds, with a polite smile, after watching Milton the goat, paint blue paint on Shorty's shirt. He also giggles, as the paintbrush tickles him.

"Life is full of tough choices.." A voice says.
Rapunzel turns to someone in the shadows.
"Isn't it, dear?" The voice asks Rapunzel.
It's an elderly woman, with a cane.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you were talking to your little friend." The woman says, gesturing to Pascal. "It's okay." Rapunzel replies. "I just hear an artist in trouble and I want to help. It's in my nature." The woman states, approaching Rapunzel.

"Are you an artist?" Rapunzel asks, with a smile. "I'm an art teacher, dear. I'm Mrs. Sugarby, and I think I might be able to help you." The green-eyed, spectacled, cane-walking elderly lady tells her.

[Meanwhile, In The Meeting Room]
Cassandra enters, to see her father glancing at the map on the wall. "I got your message, sir. Is anything the matter?" She asks. "I have a job for you." The Captain tells her.

The Captain hands her a 'Missing' poster.
Cassandra gasps. "A mission?" She asks.
"Of sorts." The Captain replies.

"In ten years, Feldspar Willipeg, the cobbler, has never missed a day of work. Until today. He had appointments, but he was a no-show. I sent some men to his home, but he wasn't there. I could be overreacting, but I'd like you to look into it." The Captain tells Cassandra.

Cassandra beams, happy to finally have some kind of guard-like mission, and she wraps her father in a hug. This surprises him, but he smiles. "I'm sure Feldspar is fine. I mean, what kinda trouble could he get into?" Cassandra points out.

[The Next Morning, In An Art Tent]
"Thank you, Pascal." Rapunzel says, as her chameleon best friend hands her a paintbrush.

"Good morning, class. I have some very exciting news." Mrs. Sugarby says, entering the tent of art class attendees, with her cane tapping on the floor. "We have two new students joining us on our artistic odyssey, Princess Rapunzel and Lance Strongbow." The elderly woman tells them.

"Hi, everybody! I can't wait to start learning and get painting." Rapunzel greets, with a wave. "And I'm here to help the princess.." Lance adds, then mutters "..and make some extra cash on the side."

Rapunzel glances over to her left and smiles at the sight of a familiar castle maid. "Friedborg? Wow, you're really getting into this whole painting thing, huh?" She asks her. Friedborg stays silent, as always. "Okay, Friedborg, yeah. Good talk." Rapunzel replies, walking back over to her spot.

"Now on to today's subject." Mrs. Sugarby says, lifting a small blue tarp to reveal a small, leafless tree in a pot, on a wooden podium. Lance gives Rapunzel a puzzled expression, before they both turn to their canvases and get started.

"Okay. Let's do this." Rapunzel says, swirling her paintbrush in some dark turquoise paint. As the paintbrush nearly touches the canvas, more memories and and voices from the time of the snowstorm comes rushing back in her mind. Pascal looks at her in confusion, as she pauses.

"What's the matter?" A voice asks, making Rapunzel snap out of it. The princess glance up, from her canvas, at Mrs. Sugarby. "Drawing a blank?" She asks Rapunzel.

"Mrs. Sugarby, I don't know what it is." Rapunzel replies, setting her paintbrush down. "I have this painter's block. It's like I want to paint, but when I try to.. I just can't make a decision." She states.

"Ah, yes. I've seen this many times before. Everyone wants to put their own spin on their subjects, but that can lead to overthinking, dear. There is nothing to think about. No decisions to be made. Just paint the tree exactly as you see it." Mrs. Sugarby tells her. "Okay. I'll try." Rapunzel says, with a smile. Pascal hands the paintbrush to Mrs. Sugarby, who then hands it to Rapunzel. And just like that, the oldest princess begins to paint.

[Later]
Rapunzel finishes her painting, and it looks exactly like the tree in the turquoise pot. "It doesn't seem very exciting, does it?" She asks Pascal.

"Rapunzel, this is perfect." Mrs. Sugarby praises. "It is?" Rapunzel asks. "In fact, it's one of the strongest in the class. No offense, Lance." Mrs. Sugarby states. "None taken." Lance replies, grinning at his painting. Then he places a 20% sign on it.

"Pardon me." Lance tells them, picking up his painting and holding it under his arm. "Artiste coming through." He states, leaving the art tent.

"I'm very proud of the work you did today, Rapunzel, and you should be too." Mrs. Sugarby tells her. "Thanks, Mrs. Sugarby. Although I wouldn't say it's my best work." Rapunzel admits. "Rapunzel, give yourself some credit. All things have their own beauty." Mrs. Sugarby points out.

[Meanwhile, In Cassandra's Bedroom]
Y/n walks in, to find her and Owl by the window. "Hey, Cassie. Any luck with the investigation?" She asks. Cassandra sighs. "I don't know, kid. I've questioned half the town and hit up all of Feldspar's usual haunts, but nothing. How does someone just disappear into thin air?" She asks.

"Hey, Crumb-Wedge!" A voice snaps. Cassandra and Y/n turn to see Ms. Crowley in the doorway. "I need you in linens." She tells Cassandra. "Today's my day off. Friedborg is supposed to cover linens today." The Lady-in-waiting tells her.

"Well, she didn't show up." Ms. Crowley states.
"Really?" Y/n asks, surprised.
"That's not like Friedborg." Cassandra points out.

"Is she okay?" Cassandra asks. "What am I? Her biographer?" Ms. Crowley snaps, before sliding out of sight and shutting the door. "Alright, then.." Y/n awkwardly replies, after clearing her throat.

"You want to come check Friedborg's room with me?" Cassandra asks. Y/n smiles and nods.

[In Friedborg's Bedroom]
"Friedborg? Are you here?" Cassandra asks, knocking on the door - no answer. She then opens the door - the bedroom is completely empty.

"Hello? Friedborg?" Cassandra asks. "Huh.. I never knew that Friedborg was such an artist." Y/n says, glancing down at the painting of the realistic-looking leafless tree in a turquoise pot. Her and Cassandra then give the room one last look, before leaving and shutting the door.

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom, A Few Minutes Later]
"Well, I guess the good thing is she got you painting again. I mean, it looks like.." Eugene says, glancing over at Rapunzel's painting. "..what it's supposed to look like." He adds, after clearing his throat.

"You don't like it?" Rapunzel asks, raising an eyebrow at him. "Oh, no, no, no, no. I didn't say that. I'm just saying it's missing a little.. Rapunzelocity." Eugene points out.

"Well, maybe I don't need to put my own spin on everything, Eugene." Rapunzel remarks rudely, then takes the painting and walks away.

"It's just like Mrs. Sugarby says, 'All things have their own beauty'." Rapunzel adds, then leaves her bedroom. Eugene frowns, narrowing his eyebrows.
Something is up with Rapunzel. But, what?

[Meanwhile, In The Village]
Lance sits in the village, with his painting, trying to get people to buy it. It hasn't gone well, so far.

"Hey! Hi!" Lance greets a man walking past, with a chuckle. "You look like a man who appreciates fine art. Like this!" He adds, gesturing to his painting. But the man just rudely walks away, completely ignoring Lance. This makes him frown in defeat.

Y/n approaches Lance, and notices something about the painting. It looks like he copied the same tree that Friedborg painted. Also, the there are several more price signs on it. Lance must have lowered the prices, to try and get people to buy it. This makes her eyes soften with sympathy.

"Hi, Lance!" Y/n greets, approaching him. "Hey, little princess." Lance greets with a nod, slumping in his seat. "Did you paint that? I love it!" Y/n asks, glancing over at the tree painting with a nod. This perks Lance up and he sits up, eagerly.

"Yeah, I did! But apparently people around here don't appreciate fine art.." Lance states, as the same man walks by. "..when is staring at them right in the face!" Lance adds, in a raised voice. Y/n can't help, but giggle as the man runs away.

"I do! Can I buy it, if nobody else will?" Y/n asks. Lance chuckles, like she's joking, but then he pauses. "Really?" He asks. Y/n nods. "Of course, it'll look great on my wall. Besides, there's nothing wrong with having a little extra cash." She jokes, fishing her purse out of her bag.

Lance giggles, like a giddy child, when the youngest princess hands him the money, plus a few extra coins. "Thank you! Thank you!" He says, pulling his fourteen year old friend into a hug. Y/n giggles, patting his shoulder after separating and picking up the painting. "Anytime, Lance. Goodnight." She replies, with a smile, heading back to the castle.

"Just like Friedborg's painting. Wait until Cassandra hears that." Y/n tells herself, looking at the tree painting she just bought from Lance.

After Y/n leaves, Lance chuckles to himself before he is greeted by a familiar voice. "The life of an artist isn't an easy one, is it, Mr. Strongbow?" Mrs. Sugarby asks. "Oh, hi, Mrs. Sugarset." Lance greets.

"I'm glad I found you. But, pray tell, who was that little darling who kindly bought your painting?" Mrs. Sugarby asks. "That was Princess Y/n, Princess Rapunzel's little sister." Lance answers. "How wonderful. But, more to the point, I've been thinking about your work. What if I could teach you to make art that you could sell for untold riches?" Mrs. Sugarby asks, tapping her cane on the floor.

This excited Lance. "Untold riches?" He asks, clenching his fists with an excited grin. "Those are the best kind." He states, standing up.

Mrs. Sugarby nods, extending her arm out to Lance, who eagerly takes it. Not knowing that Xavier hears the whole thing, the two leave. "Come. I'll show you. It will be my pleasure." Xavier hears Mrs. Sugarby say, but when he exits his blacksmith, neither Lance or Mrs. Sugarby can be seen.

[The Next Morning, In Mrs. Sugarby's Tent]
Rapunzel paints the same tree again, but nobody else is with her except for Mrs. Sugarby. "Huh? This is strange. Where is everyone?" Rapunzel asks.

"Oh! Uh, your classmates have progressed so splendidly that I've given them all a special project to work on together. But don't worry. You'll be joining them very soon." Mrs. Sugarby assures her.

Rapunzel returns to her painting, but frowns. "Hmm. Gah, needs a little something. How about.." She tells herself, setting down the purple coloured paintbrush and reaching for the turquoise coloured one. "..some color?" She asks herself.

Instantly, Mrs. Sugarby grabs Rapunzel's hand with a horrified expression. "What are you doing?!" She asks. "N-Nothing. I-I just thought it could use a personal touch." Rapunzel replies, with a smile.

"Hmm. Good thought. Perhaps a brighter color? But what if it's not the right color? Or you put it in the wrong spot?" Mrs. Sugarby asks, with a somber frown. "You're right. I just.. I can't decide what to do." Rapunzel admits.

Mrs. Sugarby then starts tapping her cane on the floor repeatedly. "Well, dear, making difficult choices is a part of life." She tells Rapunzel.

Rapunzel's eyes then become all white. "Making difficult choices is a part of life." She repeats, in a dull, monotone voice, turning away from her canvas. Mrs. Sugarby takes the turquoise coloured paintbrush and hands Rapunzel the purple coloured one. "There. Isn't that better?" She asks, rhythmically tapping her cane again.

Rapunzel's green eyes return and she faces back towards our canvas. "Much better." She replies, continuing to paint.

[At Night, By The Docks]
"Where is Rapunzel? She's never late. In fact, she's usually thirty minutes early for our dates. Hey, Frog? Is it me or has Rapunzel been acting a little.. off lately?" Eugene asks Pascal.

"Hi." Rapunzel greets, startling Eugene and Pascal. "There you are. I've been waiting f-" Eugene says, grabbing her hand and helping her onto the boat. But what he sees on his girlfriend's feet surprises him. "HOLY SHOES!" He exclaims, shocked.

"Oh. Yeah. I guess I put these on earlier. It feels.. normal." Rapunzel says, with a nod, sitting in the boat in front of him. "Okay. What is going on here? You're being.. not-Rapunzel!" Eugene states.

"What do you mean?" Rapunzel asks. "Y-You're late, you're wearing shoes-" Eugene lists, then pauses at the sight of her glare. "Wait, Rapunzel. Look, we both know that you haven't been yourself lately. Ever since that storm, you've changed. You're afraid to take chances, to shake things up and live every second to the fullest. It's like you're afraid to be you. And I miss you." Eugene says, sitting closer to her and touching her cheek with his hand gently.

Rapunzel sighs. "Listen.. listen, I know you had to make some tough calls when your parents were gone, but queen or not, making difficult choices is part of life." Eugene tells her.

Eugene looks down sadly, not noticing her eyes turning white again as she rhythmically drums her fingers on the edge of the boat. "Making difficult choices is a part of life." She repeats.

"'Part of life'? Really?" Rapunzel suddenly snap, after her green eyes return. "Is me turning my back on Varian when he's desperately begging for my help part of life?" She demands, turning to Eugene.

"Is sending my only sister out into a storm, that almost killed her, a difficult choice? Is deciding if Pascal should risk his life a tough call?! Tell you what, Eugene." Rapunzel snaps, with a cold glare, then stands up from the boat.

"The day you have to choose whether to put the entire fate of a kingdom in the hands of a fairytale is the day we can chat about difficult choices!" Rapunzel snaps, then climbs onto the docks and leaves Eugene and Pascal staring in shock.

[In Cassandra's Bedroom, A Few Minutes Later]
"Cassie!" Y/n says, knocking on her bedroom door. "Y/n, I'm kind of busy right-" Cassandra tells her, then pauses at the sight of her holding the painting that Lance sold her. "Is that yours?" She asks. Y/n shakes her head. "It was Lance's." She answers.

Cassandra lets Y/n into her bedroom, and the youngest princess immediately sees that there are two identical tree paintings. "If that's Friedborg's, then who's is-" She asks. "Ulf's. And now, he's missing too." Cassandra tells her. "What?" Y/n asks, wide eyed in shock, staring at the paintings.

"Okay, Cass. This is kind of urgent, so I don't have time to insult you right now." Eugene says, bursting into Cassandra's bedroom. "Oh, hey, Kiddo." He greets Y/n, with a wave. She returns this, with a wave and a smile. "Do any of you know what's going on with Rapunzel?" Eugene asks.

Pascal points to the tree paintings. "Hey. That's Rapunzel's tree." Eugene says. Y/n and Cassandra narrow their eyebrows in confusion."Rapunzel's tree?" They ask, simultaneously. "These were painted by Ulf and Friedborg." Cassandra adds.

"And this one is Lance's." Y/n says, showing him the third painting. Eugene sniggers. "I can tell." He jokes. "Don't be mean. He was proud of it. I bought it from him, since he wanted money." Y/n explains.

"Over the last two days, several people have gone missing. And from what Y/n's told me, it seems that everyone had one thing in common." Cassandra points out. Pascal's eyes widen, and he squeaks in shock. "Rapunzel's painting class." Eugene confirms. "Oh, no.." Y/n adds, nervously.

[In Mrs. Sugarby's Tent, A Few Minutes Later]
Y/n, Cassandra and Eugene enter the art class tent and look around - it's empty. "Uhm, usually, I'd enjoy you keeping your mouth shut, I mean obviously, but do you or Y/n wanna tell me what's going on?" Eugene whispers, to Cassandra.

"I don't know, but we need answers. There's more to this Sugarby than-" Cassandra answers, but a wooden painting easel falls over, making a pretty loud noise in the silent tent.

Immediately pulling Y/n behind them protectively, Cassandra draws out her sword while Eugene balls his hands into fists, ready for any threat. Nothing happens, but a faint muffling sound is heard.
Y/n narrows her eyebrows, and lowers the glass lantern in her hand to reveal a hostage, tied up with a cloth around his mouth - Xavier.

"Xavier! What happened?" Cassandra says, as Y/n pulls the cloth from his mouth. "Sugarby. She's not what she says she is." Xavier tells them.

"Yeah, way ahead of you on that one, Zave." Eugene states. "No. She's worse than you can imagine." Xavier tells them. "How worse?" Y/n asks. "Cassandra, when we used the Demanitus Device to stop the great storm, we unwittingly freed something. Something terrible. The disciples of Zhan Tiri." Xavier explains.

"Zhan Tiri?" Y/n and Eugene ask, simultaneously. "You mean the ancient, evil sorcerer? Way to go, Cassandra." Eugene remarks. "Lord Demanitus was in a constant battle with Zhan Tiri and his brethren. Over the years, Demanitus captured many of the evil spirits and held them prisoner in that chamber." Xavier explains.

Cassandra's eyes widen in realisation. "So what you're saying is that when we used this device, we may have freed one of those evil spirits and.." She realises. "..and now, one of those minions is trying to free their master. I'm afraid she's going to use Rapunzel and the others to do it. Rapunzel is in grave danger." Xavier tells them. Y/n gasps.

[Meanwhile]
"It's time for your final project." Ms. Sugarby tells Rapunzel, whose eyes are all white again. The fog lifts from the ground to reveal a tree like the one in their paintings. With the same turquoise pot, too. Rapunzel, with a paintbrush in her hand, approaches her canvas.

[In The Forest]
Galloping to the location at full speed, Eugene, who is riding on Maximus with Y/n's arms safely around her brother-figure, turns to Cassandra, who is riding on Fidella. "Are you sure it's this way?" He asks. "Yes! Xavier said Sugarby's ceremony would take place at Janus Point." Cassandra confirms.

[At Janus Point]
"Go ahead, princess. By painting this idol exactly, you are pledging your allegiance to Zhan Tiri. And it will be that allegiance that frees our master from his otherworldly prison!" Mrs. Sugarby declares, lighting torches, one by one.

"But I can't." Rapunzel says. Mrs. Sugarby blows out the torch in her hand and approaches the oldest princess. "Rapunzel, dear. I know all those difficult things you've encountered. Darling, I promise you'll never have to make those kind of decisions again." Mrs. Sugarby assures Rapunzel, rhythmically tapping her cane again.

Rapunzel's eyes, once again, turn pure white. Feldspar, Friedborg, Lance and Ulf also approach their canvases, with their paintbrushes raised and their eyes all white.

Mrs. Sugarby presses Rapunzel's paintbrush against the canvas, creating a mark. "YES! That's it! Once this totem has been recreated five times, the portal shall open, and Zhan Tiri shall again be free!" She declares, as sparks of pink energy surge from the canvases, leading towards the large tree.

The entire large tree turns pink and a pink streak zaps into the sky, creating a sort of portal or vortex. "IT'S WORKING!" Mrs. Sugarby exclaims.

"Oh! You are just a terrible teacher!" Eugene states. Mrs. Sugarby jumps, then turns around to see Cassandra, Eugene and Y/n behind her.

"Let her go, Sugarby." Cassandra demands, sternly. "Please, Sugarby was merely the vessel I chose to suit my purpose." The elderly woman scoffs. Her eyes flash brightly and she changes into a green ghost-like creature. "I am Sugracha the Eternal, and I can take so many forms." She announces.

"Uh, any chance we can stick with the sweet old-lady form? Cause I'm kind of missing her already." Eugene states. Y/n nods in agreement.

"Eugene, you and Y/n get Rapunzel to snap out of it. I'll handle the witch." Cassandra states, riding towards her on Fidella and wielding her sword. However Sugracha shoots some magic out of her fingers and freezes Cassandra and Fidella.

Eugene and Y/n race towards Rapunzel on Maximus. The eternal Sugracha shoots the same magic out of her cane, this time. Thinking quick, Eugene pushes Y/n off of Maximus, so she can reach Rapunzel without getting frozen, like they do.

Unfortunately, the sudden push surprises the youngest princess and she falls on her back with a thump, making Eugene wince guiltily and Cassandra glares at him. "I-I'm okay.." Y/n assures them, then stands up. "Rapunzel!" She cries, running to her older sister.

"Blondie, it's me too." Eugene adds.
"Y-Y/n? Eugene?" Rapunzel asks.
Her eyes return back to normal.

However, before Y/n can reach Rapunzel, Sugracha shoots out more magic, freezing her too. The creature within the portal makes a motion with their hands, and Sugracha shrieks, a little too enthusiastically, then raises her hands. Cassandra and Eugene yell and Y/n screams as the three of them are suddenly tossed over a cliff, above the ocean where they luckily are held.

Y/n begins hyperventilating nervously, as she stares down at the crashing waves below. So, this is how it will end. She'll never see her sister become queen. Eugene won't propose to Rapunzel. Cassandra will never become the guard she's always dreamed of becoming. Y/n won't ever see Varian again, or help free his father from the amber, or ask him about his true feelings for her. So, this is how it ends.

"Well, way to handle the witch, Cassandra." Eugene remarks. "You two were supposed to help Rapunzel!" Cassandra fires back. "Now isn't the time!" Y/n tells them.

Rapunzel puts a hand on her head, as it throbs in pain. "Don't let them fall. Please." She pleads. The green ghost turns back into Mrs. Sugarby. "My dear, whether or not they fall is completely up to you. Finish my spell, and I'll spare them. The choice is yours. Think about how much simpler and easier everything could be if you just finish that painting. No more self-doubt. No more regret. No more difficult choices. Give in to Zhan Tiri." She tells Rapunzel, tapping her cane.

"Rapunzel!" Y/n cries. "Rapunzel.." Eugene grunts. "You've got to stop.. I know you can hear me. PLEASE!" He tells her. Rapunzel finally pulls the paintbrush away from the canvas, and narrows her eyebrows. "Difficult choices are what make us who we are." She points out, then slams the back of the paintbrush into the canvas, tearing it in half.

"NO!!" Mrs. Sugarby yells, turning back into Sugracha the Eternal. Pink flames destroy Rapunzel's canvas, as well as the other canvases, and then the tree. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" Sugracha shrieks, staring at the ashes in horror.

Maximus and Fidella manage to get unfree, as the pink portal begins to close. Hearing a fierce grunt, Sugracha turns around behind her, to receive a swift kick from Fidella's hind legs, sending her through the portal with a deafening shriek.

However, Cassandra, Eugene and Y/n then get unfrozen.. falling down below! Y/n screams, as the three fall closer and closer to the ocean. "No!!" Rapunzel yells, quickly letting her long golden hair down. Having it thrown down to them, Eugene manages to hold onto it while holding Y/n, who manages to grab Cassandra. Rapunzel feels herself slipping, and after kicking off her shoes, she, Fidella and Maximus manage to pull them up.

Y/n gasps in relief, when they reach the top, and Eugene and Rapunzel share a kiss. "It's good to have you back, Blondie." Eugene states. "It's good to be back, Eugene." Rapunzel replies.

"Rapunzel!" Y/n says, standing up. Rapunzel gasps and runs to her little sister, catching her in a tight, but warm, hug. "You were wearing shoes!" Y/n giggles, through her almost-out-of-breath breathing. "I know, but never again. Because that's not me." Rapunzel replies. "Even so, I'd still love you." Y/n tells her older sister.

Rapunzel then beams excitedly. "I just thought of a great idea for the mural. Come on!" She tells them. "Oh? Re- oh, now? Not not later, you know, when it's light out. That's fine. I'm not gonna question the creative process." Eugene jokes, as they all walk back to the castle.

[The Next Morning]
"Wow! Lookin' great, Blondie. I suppose your painter's block is gone for good." Eugene states, smirking at Rapunzel as she paints a pink heart with hers and Eugene's initials in. "I sure hope so, but if it ever does come back, I've decided not to fight it all by myself." Rapunzel replies, as everybody adds to the large mural.

Y/n glances around, as everybody lets their artistic sides soar, painting whatever they feel like. Cassandra paints herself in the moonlight, Lance paints two bags of money, Ulf paints.. a box, Feldspar paints shoes, Stan makes a handprint on the wall by his name, Pete paints food and Friedborg makes one corner of the mural all black. Because.. why not?

Since the mural is about painting whatever they feel like, Y/n feels no guilt or regret whatsoever having painted a picture in the corner of the mural of her and her best friend. Maybe when he's in a better mood, she can show him.

'Someday..' Y/n thinks to herself, with a smile, as Rapunzel shares a loving hug with Eugene.

Question Of The Chapter!
Rapunzel's passion is art, Y/n's is music, Varian's is alchemy, but what's yours?
My Answer: Also music!
(I promise, that's not why I chose it for Y/n)
Your Answer?

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

45.3K 962 58
Evil follows the group and will do anything to stop you from getting your destiny. Can you rise above everything and face what lies ahead? Will Varia...
1.8K 50 15
Another story based off of Disney's What If...? Cassandra rescues Rapunzel It's just going to focused on two Disney characters. Plot; On one morning...
334 12 12
starring... Eugene Rapunzel Varian Kerrigan Fredrick Arianna Pascal Maximus Gainey hookhand Bignose Vladimir Atilla Ufa Gretta Mother Gothel Shorty
2.6K 49 18
A long-lost princess and a long-lost Alchemy with the longest hair imaginable named Rapunzel and The science Alchemist named Varian, has spent their...