Trials & Error

Af Whatitdofifthharmony

It doesn't hurt to try... Mere

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

9

230 9 0
Af Whatitdofifthharmony

It's been a month and Normani and Dinah has been kinda distant from each other. They would barely talk to each other when they are near each other and of course Ryan noticed.

"What's going on between you and Dinah?" Ryan asked.

"Nothing." Normani put up her leg against the wall.

"Y'all are so quiet." Ryan also stretched.

"Just nothing to talk about." Normani begin to practice her breathing.

"I know something happened, what is it?" Ryan continues to interrogate.

"It's nothing." Normani switched her legs.

"Normani." Ryan stopped stretching and crossed her arms and Normani does the same but place her hands on her hips.

"Ryan, just drop it. Nothing happened." Normani tells her.

"Fine. Don't tell me." Ryan walked away and Normani sighed leaving to go get water...

"Dinah! You're off key." Lizzo scolded.

"Sorry." Dinah muttered.

"Go get some water or something." Lizzo demanded and Dinah took off her drum and does so.

As she walked the hall, she sees Normani sitting on the floor with her head in her lap. Letting her intrusive thoughts win. She walks over to her and crouch down in front of her.

"Hey." Dinah tapped Normani on her shoe.

"What are you doing here?" Normani wondered.

"I was meant to get water but I came to see if you're okay." Dinah revealed.

"I'm fine." Normani responded.

"You're not though." Dinah simply stated.

"Can you-" Dinah immediately cuts Normani off.

"No I won't leave you alone." Dinah sat down next to Normani.

They sat in silence and Normani put her head back in her lap. Five minutes went past and one of the band members came to fetch Dinah.

"There you are, Lizzo is gonna cuss you out." He laughed.

"Whatever." Dinah looked back at Normani who hadn't moved.

"Just come on." He left and Dinah stood up.

"Yeah yeah." Dinah sighed as she went back to the band room.

"Normani, there you are. Come on girl." Victoria ushered and Normani stood up.

"Sorry." Normani mumbled.

"It's fine." Victoria watched Normani walk pass her and Normani bit her lip.

After practice, Dinah entered the gym and seen Normani slowly packing up. Ryan watched as Dinah walked up to Normani and hugged her from behind.

"Dinah." Normani tried to get free of her grip but Dinah tightened her grip causing Normani to give up.

"I want you to talk to me." Dinah touched her nose to Normani's temple and Normani relaxed in Dinah's arms.

"What do you want from me?" Normani closed her eyes.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing." Dinah also closed her eyes.

"I just need you to be here." Normani admitted.

"Be here?" Dinah looked at Normani and Normani just kept her eyes close.

"Yes." Normani turned in Dinah's arms and Dinah looked down at her.

"Are you okay?" Dinah kissed Normani's forehead.

"I'm sorry." Normani bit her lip.

"For what?" Dinah furrowed her eyebrows.

"Kissing you." Normani stated as if it was obvious.

"I told you-" Dinah was about to speak but Normani cut her off.

"Yes I know, but it wasn't my intention on making you uncomfortable." Normani laid her head on Dinah's chest.

"Normani, we spend a lot of time together and technically we're dating so you can kiss me whenever." Dinah looked away with a small smile.

"Whatever." Normani rolled her eyes.

"Whatever?" Dinah furrowed her eyebrows.

"Friends with benefits?" Normani pulled away and held out her hand.

"Okay." Dinah shook it then grabbed Normani's hand and pulled her into a kiss.

"Dinah." Normani whined as she pulled away from the kiss.

"What?" Dinah smirked.

"Ugh." Normani blocked Dinah's mouth.

"Lemme take you home." Dinah connected their forehead.

"Fine." Normani went to grab her stuff but Dinah picked it up before her.

"Let's go BABE." Dinah exaggerated and Normani rolled her eyes once again.

"You're so irky." Normani interlocked their hands and they walked out the gym and exited the school.

They walked to Normani's house and Normani remembered her mom went over to her grandmother's house. So home alone.

"Do you wanna stay the night?" Normani bit her lip as she unlocked her door and walked in.

"Sure, I did it before." Dinah closed the door and locked it.

"Hm." Normani hummed.

They grabbed some snacks and went into Normani's room. Normani begin to take off her close without warning and Dinah swallowed a lump in her throat and turned around. After changing her clothes, Normani grabbed her chips and sat on her bed. Dinah tackles Normani causing her to squeal. Dinah connected their lips and Normani kissed her back. They were testing out the waters of being in a "friends with benefits" relationship and in the mist of their make out session, Dinah pulled away and Normani smiled up at Dinah.

"Okay, this is better." Normani turned so she was laying on her stomach and grabbed the remote.

Dinah laid on top of Normani and put the cover on top of them both. Normani phone began to find and she answered it.

"Hello." Normani greeted.

"So it was really nothing?" Ryan asked.

"I told you." Normani giggled.

"Why were y'all so quiet all month long?" Ryan wondered.

"We just were I don't know, it was just a phase." Normani looked at Dinah and Dinah buried her head into Normani's neck.

"Wow, y'all irk me." Ryan hung up the phone.

Normani laughed and clicked off her phone and cuddled into Dinah...Ryan threw her phone and flopped onto her bed.

"Hm." Ryan hummed as she rolled over bored out of her mind.

Getting up, she remembered that she already did her homework causing her to huff in annoyance.

"Hey Ryan." Her mom appeared.

"Hey Mom." Ryan responded.

"Wanna come to store-" Before her mom could finish asking, Ryan was quick to answer.

"Yes, please!" Ryan perked up, happy to do something.

"Oh okay, get dressed." She instructed and walked away.

Ryan quickly got dressed and grabbed Keith's jacket to wear since it was a little chilly out. Making it out the door, she saw her mom talking to the new neighbors.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

134K 4.2K 45
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
115K 5.7K 54
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
291K 27.1K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...