A Tale of Two Sisters || Tang...

Disneyfan_1235 tarafından

Rapunzel has dreamed of seeing the floating lights, for years - Y/n has dreamed of one day finding her long-l... Daha Fazla

☀️ Origins and Obligations ☀️
☀️ Mother Knows Best ☀️
☀️ A Thief and Some Thugs ☀️
☀️ Dances and Lanterns, At Last ☀️
☀️ Happily Ever After ☀️
💖 Kingdom Of Corona 💖
🍬 Meeting Vanellope 🍬
👑 A Tangled Wedding 👑
👑 A Golden Coronation 👑
🌻 First Season Introduction 🌻
🌻 Meeting the Alchemist 🌻
🌻 Rapunzel's Enemy 🌻
🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻
🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻
🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻
🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻
🌻 The Return of Strongbow 🌻
🌻 In Like Flynn 🌻
🌻 Great Expotations 🌻
🌻 Under Raps 🌻
🌻 Attila The Bun 🌻
🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻
🌻 Angry and Red 🌻
🌻 The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth 🌻
🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻
🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻
🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻
🌻 Painter's Block 🌻
🌻 Not in the Mood 🌻
🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻
🌻 Secret of the Sundrop 🌻
🌕 Season 2 - Intro 🌕
🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕
🌕 Beyond the Corona Walls 🌕
🌕 Crashing a Wedding 🌕
🌕 The Return of Quaid 🌕
🌕 Goodbye and Goodwill 🌕
🌕 The Forest of No Return 🌕
🌕 Freebird 🌕
🌕 Vigor the Visionary 🌕
🌕 Keeper of the Spire 🌕
🌕 King Pascal 🌕
Important Story Update

🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻

1.2K 27 85
Disneyfan_1235 tarafından

[In Corona Castle, Morning]
"Good morning, Princess." Faith, a maid, greets.
"Beautiful day." A guard adds.
"Someone's in a hurry." A man says.
"Gesundheit, m'lady." Shorty blurts out.
Rapunzel doesn't pay attention.

Although they all greeted her joyfully, the oldest princess is furious by what she and the others experienced the previous night. And that she and her little sister have been lied to by their father.

These thoughts help Rapunzel forget about her sleepiness, as she marches to the throne room, flings the doors open and glares at their father.

"You lied to us." Rapunzel states. Nigel and the guard with the king wisely decide to leave, so he can speak with his oldest daughter alone. Smart.

"Rapunzel, I just heard what happened in Old Corona. I-I assure you my intent was only to protect you and your sister." Frederic insists, standing up from his throne. "From what?! Your own men?! It's time for answers, Dad. I want to know why you lied about Old Corona, and why you've been covering up the fact that our kingdom is being destroyed by those black rocks. What are you trying to hide?" Rapunzel demands.

"I'm sorry, my dear, I did not want to lie to you both. But neither of you are ready for the truth." Frederic states. Rapunzel groans in frustration. "Oh, Dad! We are beyond what we are and not ready for. People are in danger!" She tells him.

"RAPUNZEL! I am the king, and I have the situation under control." Frederic states, firmly. Rapunzel frowns, glaring at him, then walking away. Before she leaves, she sighs. "You know, you are not the first person to lie to me and tell me I am not ready for the real world." She points out, before leaving the throne room, slamming the door shut.

[Ten Minutes Later, In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
"So, I guess it's a pretty safe bet that Corona won't be hosting a daddy-daughter dance anytime soon?" Eugene jokes with a chuckle, but then Rapunzel's glare shuts him up. "Yeah, sorry, not the time for jokes." He tells her, apologetically.

Rapunzel sighs. "I'm not sure what's going on, but I know Corona's in some kind of danger, and I feel like Y/n and I are the only ones who want to do anything about it." She states, shaking her head.

"No! no, you're not. Listen, Blondie, no matter what we're up against, I'm with you all the way." Eugene tells her, holding her hands. "I know, thank you, I just.." Rapunzel says, then sighs. "I think I need some time alone." She tells Eugene.

"Understood. You know things do seem pretty dark right now, but if anyone can find a light, it's you. I've got a feeling everything's gonna be okay." Eugene says, before opening the bedroom door.

"Pete, just take it back. Okay?" Y/n asks, in the hallway. Eugene sees Stan crossing his arms, with his back turned to Pete. "Wait! All I said was your breath smells like tree-rot, you are a sub-standard croquet player, and previous instances where I asserted you had a lovely singing voice were patently false." Pete blurts out quickly, then covers his mouth with a gasp. Y/n's eyes also widen.

Stan gasps, offended. "You've always loved my voice!" He recalls. "Pete! Why are you being so mean to Stan? He's your best friend." Y/n reminds him. "I know, I can't help it! It's like I-I have to say whatever's on my mind!" Pete exclaims.

"Oh, yeah? Well, you have cookie crumbs on your cheek." Stan tells Pete, pointing to his cheek. Then Stan sobs and runs away. "Stan!" Y/n calls. "Stan, wait! I'm sorry!" Pete says, running after him.

"Y/n, what happened?" Rapunzel asks, as she and Eugene approach the confused youngest princess. "I don't know. All I heard was Pete and Stan arguing, then.." She replies. Eugene puts a hand on her shoulder. "You two have got enough on your plate. Go get some rest. I'll handle this." He tells them, following after the bickering guards.

Rapunzel sighs. "Do you want to hear me play some music?" Y/n suggests. Rapunzel nods, with a smile. "Of course!" She replies, holding her hand.

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
"I memorized the song Ruth sang for us in the Snuggly Duckling. Remember?" Y/n asks. "The 'Listen Up' song? You play it?" Rapunzel asks, with an intrigued smile. Y/n nods.

"I've been practicing." Y/n replies. "Well, let's hear it sis!" Rapunzel encourages, tickling her playfully. "Okay, okay!" Y/n giggles, picking up her guitar.

"Do you think Ruth would be mad if I played it without her permission?" Y/n asks. Rapunzel shakes her head, holding her little sister's hand. "I think she would be proud to know that you're making her song more known." She assures Y/n, making the youngest princess smile in delight.

Y/n begins to play the song, as Rapunzel listens proudly, laying comfortably on her bed. She loves hearing the talents of her little sister. While her special talent is painting, Y/n's is music, and they both know it. And both of the princesses love it!

However, after quite a while, Rapunzel slowly falls asleep. Y/n doesn't take any offense to this. After all, it's been a long two days for them both. She soon messes around with her guitar, while watching her older sister sleep, by making up different tunes that Bucky and Pascal love.

[In Rapunzel's Dream]
Beautiful waltz music fills Rapunzel's ears, encouraging her to investigate. She enters the throne room and her eyes widen to see it filled with guests. "Rapunzel, there you are!" Frederic greets with a smile, as Rapunzel walks in.

"Dad, what is all this?" Rapunzel asks, as she dances with her father to the music. Other guests dance together, too. "Look, darling, I feel horrible about the way we left things, and, well, I'm hoping to make it up to you." Frederic replies.

"Oh, Dad, I'm so relieved to hear that-" Rapunzel replies, then lets out a startled yelp as a large black rock sprouts inbetween them. Guests panic as Rapunzel tries to find a way to reach her father.

Rapunzel glances behind her, to see Cassandra, Eugene and Y/n. She races over to them, but grunts as she gets her long hair stuck in the rocks. She tugs on her hair, which unbraids it, and she keeps running to reach her boyfriend, little sister and her best friend (besides Pascal, of course)

"Cassandra!" Rapunzel yells, as the black rocks suddenly surround the Lady-in-waiting. "Eugene!" Rapunzel and Y/n cry, as he gets trapped next.

"Rapunzel!!" Y/n cries, running to her older sister and hugging her as her streak glows brightly, along with Rapunzel's hair. "Stop running, Rapunzel." A voice calls. Rapunzel gasps, then turns around to see Varian behind them.

Turning back to Varian, the young alchemist picks up a large strand of Rapunzel's hair and glares at her. "Face your destinies, or all you hold in your hearts will be in grave danger." He states.

(Y/n's POV)

Rapunzel finally snaps awake, then glances around, wide eyed, as her hair glows brightly while flying around her bedroom wildly. "Uhh.." Rapunzel says, unsure of what to make of this. At least she isn't suspended anywhere this time.

I frantically get Rapunzel's attention, tapping her shoulder because her hair is strangling my waist. My hair streak also glows brightly, while Rapunzel hair glows, too. "Oh, Y/n!!" Rapunzel cries, as the glowing stops and I pull her hair away.

"Oh, Y/n!" Rapunzel exclaims guiltily, as I gasp for my breath back. "I would never do anything to hurt you." She reminds me, holding my hands comfortingly. I nod, as my breathing slows back to normal. "I know.. it's alright." I whisper. Rapunzel smiles, then pulls me in for a hug.

[A Few Minutes Later]
After separating from the hug, Rapunzel tells me about her doubts. "I don't know, Y/n, I don't even know what to do anymore." Rapunzel says, as we sit on her bed.

Pascal squeaks, comfortingly. "You'll figure it out. You always do." I point out. "Yeah, I know. There's always a way. I just have to find it." Rapunzel replies, optimistically. I giggle softly. "There's the big sister I know.." I reply. Rapunzel smiles, pulling me in for a quick side hug.

"So, uh.." I say, as we separate. "I might go to the village for a bit. Do you want to come? It might cheer you up." I tell Rapunzel, who politely shakes her head. "No, thanks.. I think I just need to be here. Maybe do some more painting." She replies, with some more optimism.

I nod, with a smile. "That's the spirit. Paint something that isn't what you saw in a dream." I tell her, jokingly. Rapunzel giggles. "I'll see you later, sis.." I say. "Don't be back too late. Dad won't like that." Rapunzel reminds her. "What have we done that Daddy does like, recently?" I point out. Rapunzel can't help, but nod in agreement.

[At Sunset, On The Docks]
I made a quick trip to the sweet shop, then to the bookstore, before sitting by the docks.

"These dreams are getting worse, Bucky.. Rapunzel seems really shaken." I say, swallowing my last cupcake bite. Bucky chitters, nodding in agreement and tossing a bimberry into his mouth with a satisfied smile that makes me giggle softly.

I then get a curious thought. "I wonder if I'll ever get these dreams Rapunzel's been having. I do have the same power she does, after all." I say, holding my braided streak. Then I shake my head. "Probably not. She has a full head of unbreakable hair. I just have a measly strand." I add.

Due to the docks being so quiet, the sound of a crate creaking grabs my attention. "Did you hear something?" I ask Bucky. My grey squirrel friend looks around in concentration, then shrugs.

"Huh.." I say, then lets out a small squeal as a small shadow appears. I stumble back, almost falling into the water but stop when the shadow reveals himself to be my favourite (and only) raccoon friend. "Ruddiger!" I giggle, stroking his head with my finger. Ruddiger chitters happily.

"It's nice to see you too, Ruddiger. How-" I ask, then my eyes widen anxiously when a black gloved hand covers my mouth. I let out a muffled scream under the hand. "Ssh!" The anonymous person whispers, then takes his hand away.

I turn around and my eyes widen at the surprise of who is sitting behind me with a smile. "Varian?" I whisper, stunned. "Heh.. hi, Y/n." He greets, rubbing the back of his neck.

Gasping in delight, I instantly pull him in for a hug. "VARIAN!" I exclaim, overjoyed to see my best friend again. I then feel my cheeks heat up at the feeling of his arms around me, hugging me in return. "Oh, Var! I missed you so much!" I say, finally separating from the hug. "Where have you been? I-I-I've been so worried about you." I tell him.

"Yeah, uh, I've had to lie low." Varian admits, as Ruddiger scurries over to him. "A funny thing, the people of Corona aren't too keen on guys who attack and kidnap their princess." He points out, with a shrug and a few chuckles.

"Ugh, I still can't believe they think that. I'm telling you, I have told so many that you saved my life and you needed our help, and you wouldn't attack anybody." I assure him, then sigh. "They just won't believe me." I tell him, sadly. "And you got to see why I needed your help." Varian adds.

I frown at the recollection of Rapunzel and I seeing poor Quirin encased within all of that amber in Varian's lab. I also saw him like that the first time, after he saved me in the snowstorm.

"Varian.." I say, holding his hands. "When Rapunzel saw him in that, I just need you to know.. she's really-" I tell him, but Varian raises his hand to stop me. I pause. "She had to save the kingdom, she did what she had to.." He replies. I nod.

"But you can help me now, Y/n. Do you have the scroll?" Varian asks, extending his arm out for it. "The scroll! Yes!" I reply, opening my bag. I hear Varian sigh in relief as I grab the graphtyc. I then get two bimberries out of the box at the bottom of my bag - for Bucky and Ruddiger.

"W-We got it, like you asked. We have no idea what it is, but our dad was desperate to keep it from us, and he's been lying to us a lot recently. About the rocks in Old Corona, and those people trying to stop us, who you warned us about? It was the Captain, and the guards." I tell Varian, as he unlocks the graphtyc and pulls the scroll out.

"That's crazy.." Varian mutters, as he pulls the scroll out. Then he sighs. "Now, it took me a while to translate this old language, but from what I can tell, those black rocks are actually some kind of.. of ancient darkness. Its destructive power can only be stopped by its counterpart, the sun-drop, Y/n. The-the flower!" He explains.

My eyes widen. "You mean THE flower? The one that healed my mom and gave Rapunzel and I our hair?" I ask, holding my hair streak. Then I frown. "But.. my dad said that it was long gone." I tell him.

"Hmm.." Varian hums, rubbing his chin doubtfully. "Would you say your dad has been really a.. reliable source of information?" He asks. I can't help, but agree. After all the lies he told Rapunzel and I. This could be a lie, too. "Well, uhm.." I reply, with an awkward shrug.

"No, Y/n! No, it's still here. I'm sure of it. Your dad wouldn't just throw away something that could wield that kind of power. A single petal from that flower would solve all of our problems. That's all we need!" Varian tells me.

"But.. even if the flower is here, I really don't think my dad will just give it to me." I point out. "Oh, I know we can't." Varian tells me, simply. "Which is why we have to steal it." He adds, with a smirk. This makes my eyes widen, shocked that he would suggest this. It also gives me chills. Why?

As Varian smirks and stands up, I shake my head, grab his shoulders and turn him to face me. "Varian? Stealing the Sundrop flower? We can't, that's treason!" I tell him.

Varian takes my hands off of his shoulder gently, and holds them. "It's our only option, Y/n. Your dad won't just let us have the flower, and you're the only one who still seems to trust me so our only option is stealing it." He replies.

I sigh, frowning at his comments about being the only one who trusts him. "Var, I do trust you. But.." I admit, then hesitate. I don't see any way of trying to talk him out of it. And until yesterday, not a lot of people have had his back. And his father's encased in amber because of that. I then sigh, with a compromise in my mind.

"We take just one petal. Like you said, only a single petal would do. And.. I'm sure nobody would notice a petal missing." I admit.

"So.. we'll just.. use one petal. Deal?" I ask, extending my arm out for a handshake. Varian glances down at my hand, then nods with a grin. "Deal." He replies, shaking my hand. I nod.

I then sigh. "I just hope I don't regret this, Var. If everything goes smoothly, then I'm sure my dad won't mind a petal missing." I reply. "I'm sure.." Varian states.

[Early, The Next Morning]
Sneaking my best friend into the castle wasn't easy. Especially with the guards patrolling the hallways every few minutes. But I manage.

I quickly lead Varian down the hallway, avoiding guards in the process, until we reach the room I'm aiming for. This confuses Varian. "Princess, what are we doing here? The flower would most likely be in the royal vault, and that is on the other side of-" He whispers. He hasn't called me that in a while.

"It's on the other side of the castle, I know. But we also need to get past the vault's security, which is why our best bet is to use the underground tunnels. And Herz Der Sonne's journal has a complete map of them." I tell him, before quietly opening the door.

I step in, followed by Varian. Walking into this room brings up the memories of when Andrew tried to steal the journal. When I got kidnapped by him. When Varian protected me. It seems like yesterday.

Exhaling quietly, I pick up the journal. As I walk towards the door, I glance up at Daddy's painting. He has a rather serious expression, since he's the king. But this worries me and makes me feel guilty. He'll be so disappointed in me, if he finds out what I'm doing. And if Rapunzel finds out. And Mommy, and every friend I have come to know and love. I frown, guiltily. "I-I'm sorry.." I whisper.

"Y/n, you got what we came for. Come on, let's go!" Varian whispers. "Taking the journal, and taking the flower's petal? Varian.." I whisper, guiltily. Varian frowns, then holds my hands comfortingly.

"Y/n.. this may be my dad's only hope. This may be Corona's only hope. Y/n.. Corona needs our help." Varian tells me. I sigh, doubtfully. "And.. we'll put the journal back, too. We're not stealing it. Just.. borrowing it." Varian assures me.

This helps my decision. "For your dad." I reply, making Varian almost smile a little. "And for Corona." I add, with a hesitant nod. We then sneak through the hallway again.

"There you are!" A voice says. Rapunzel!
Rapunzel isn't the best secret keeper!
If she sees Varian, we're doomed!

I stop running immediately, making Varian bump into me. Luckily, he quickly hides behind the wall and remains unseen. "Where have you been?" Rapunzel asks, as I subtly hand Varian the journal behind my back.

"What are you doing?" Rapunzel ask. "Doing? Uh.. I'm doing anything, besides talking to you." I reply, with an awkward giggle. Rapunzel then giggles. "Is.. everything alright, Y/n?" She asks.

"Sis, how far would you go to find the truth? Very far, right? I mean, like yesterday.." I say. "Honestly?" Rapunzel asks, then sighs. "After yesterday, I think I just want.. a little break from truth-finding. I mean, I haven't gotten anywhere with Dad yet and.." She tells me, but pauses. "Y/n, are you sure you're okay?" Rapunzel asks. "Mm-hmm, of course.. it's just.. been a tough week." I say, with a sigh.

"Yeah.." Rapunzel replies, holding my hand. "I'm sorry about what's happened lately. With the business with the rocks, and what happened with Varian-" She tells me, and a loud thump is heard from behind the wall. Thinking quick, I shuffle my left foot awkwardly and wince a little. "S-Stubbed my toe. You were saying?" I ask. Thankfully, Rapunzel buys it.

"I was saying.." Rapunzel says, then sighs. " I hate seeing you so unhappy.. especially since you were so close with Varian." She tells her. I nod. "Uh-huh, I really missed him.." I reply.

"You mean 'miss' him?" Rapunzel asks. My eyes widen. Uh-oh. "Yes! Of course. I still miss him. Absolutely. He is my best friend, after all." I tell her. Rapunzel smiles smugly and crosses her arms. "Your best friend, huh?" She asks.

My eyes widen. Uhoh. Not this conversation again! And especially not with Varian listening!

Giggling nervously, as I feel my entire face heat up, I momentarily glance over at my best friend. I take a quick glance of his cheeks turning very red and he quickly faces away from me.

"Look.. we'll talk later. Alright?" I ask my sister. She nods. "Alright. But I'm just saying, he's crazy about you! And.. let me know if you need anything." Rapunzel tells me. I nod. "Of course, anything." I reply, then turn to Varian as she walks away. Grabbing his arm, we both quickly run elsewhere. "Oh, and Y/n. Little advi-" I hear Rapunzel add, but I can't make out the rest.

We make it outside the castle and Varian looks as embarrassed as I think feel, hearing  Rapunzel said. Giggling awkwardly, I shrug it off. "Ignore that, I don't even get what she was talking about." I lie.

Varian then pulls out a staff he presumably hid in a bush. It actually looks really cool! It's got green, blue and pink chemical vials tied to it, like a long torch, but a staff at the same time. Amazing!

"How long have you had that?" I ask, gesturing to the staff. Varian shrugs. "A while. I made it during the snowstorm. Pretty cool, huh?" He asks. I nod. "Really cool!" I reply, making him chuckle.

As Varian and I search for the tunnel entrance, I can't help but wonder what Rapunzel said. Today, and in my bedroom a few days ago.

"I found the entrance! Down here!" I hear Varian tell me. I look over at large metal lid that he somehow manages to open. Then he jumps down and extends his arms out to me, to help me down.

I begin to climb down, then my eyes quickly tighten shut with fear, as I slip and fall. "Have a nice trip?" I hear Varian joke. I open my eyes and discover that he caught me in his arms. My face heats up again. Giggling awkwardly, I get down.

"Which way do we go, now?" Varian asks. "Oh.." I reply, opening Herz Der Sonne's journal. "We have to go this way." I tell Varian, after glancing down at the map. He, Bucky, Ruddiger and I then walk through the long tunnel together.

"Uhm.." I say, glancing at the map in concentration.
It's almost impossible to tell which way is which.
"That way.." I say, pointing to my right.
Varian nods, and we enter another tunnel.

"Wow.. oh, oh! These tunnels depict an ancient technology of pre-Corona-era-AHH!!" Varian says, then yells suddenly. Following his gaze, I also give a startled gasp at what we see - a skeleton! Bucky's eyes widen, while Ruddiger looks unfazed. "Uh.. yeah, this way." Varian says, grabbing my shoulders and steering me away from the skeleton.

"We should be careful. These tunnels could be dangerous. There could be deadly booby traps!" I tell Varian, making him chuckle. This confuses me.

"As you can recall, I know a thing or two about booby tr- WATCH OUT!!" Varian reminds me, then yells as I step on a loose-feeling brick tile, in the lead. He quickly raises his staff, as two arrows fly across the tunnels, then strike the vials on his staff. Luckily, none of the chemicals ooze out. "Well, that's one down.." Varian chuckles. "Uh-huh.." I breathe out, nodding in agreement.

Varian, Bucky, Ruddiger and I enter another room, and it's like it senses we're here, as the doors suddenly slam shut all around us. "Uh-oh.. now what?" I ask, before the walls start closing in on us! That's not good! I have claustrophobia!

Letting out a terrified scream, I run over to a wall and try and stop them moving. "We're gonna get squished!" Varian panics, as he and Ruddiger try to hold the other wall in place.

I then glance up at the turning mechanisms that are closing the walls. Maybe we can stop them! But how? My question is answered, as I find a large bone on the floor. That could work.

"Bucky, wedge this in to stop the walls closing. Hurry!" I tell him, using Varian's staff to boost him up. He must have done it, because a metal grinding is heard, the walls stop closing, and Bucky looks at me and chitters, with a thumbs up. I sigh in relief.

"Oh! Good. Now, go behind the wall to find some sort of release mechanism. But he careful." I tell Bucky. After he disappears again, the metal gears start turning again. "Bucky!" I shout worriedly, before the walls start closing again.

"No, no, no.." I mutter anxiously, as Varian and I press our hands against each wall. "Bucky, please, do something." I tell him, as Ruddiger's eyes widen.

I begin to panic, as I press my hands against the wall, with a million thoughts flooding my mind. I'll never get to apologize to my family, return the journal, experience what being a queen is like, tell Varian that I like him- wait.. what?

My eyes widen. "Y/n, I've seen. The way he looks at you, everything he does for you. And the way you make him blush sometimes. That's what happens, when you're in love." I remember Rapunzel saying.

Whenever Rapunzel is around Eugene, she smiles. I do that with Varian a lot. Whenever Eugene wants to do something with, or for, Rapunzel, he gets nervous and rubs his head or the back of his neck. Varian does that sometimes. A lot, actually.

Eugene has done a lot for my sister. Even as he became better. He's always helped her, protected her, saved her life! So has Varian.. with me.

I look over at Varian, who still pushes against the wall to try and stop it, and I realise it. I like Varian. Not just in the way that best friends like each other. Like, how Eugene and Rapunzel like each other. Rapunzel was right.

My face feels warmer, like never before, as Varian looks over his shoulder and our eyes lock on one another. Then he runs over to me and holds my hands. Our pushing isn't slowing the wall, anyway.

"Y/n.. I-I just want to say.." Varian tells me, leaning slightly closer to me, but then he hesitates and steps back. Is he going to tell me? Gazing into his eyes and scraping together any small amount of courage that I have left in me, I decide to find out.

Letting out a small exhale, I grab each side of Varian's face, pull him in and we kiss. As my lips reach his, my heart immediately begins pounding furiously (almost like it's trying to escape) and I feel the butterflies dance around in my stomach. Varian's eyes widen as our lips meet, but to my surprise, he doesn't pull away or even try to stop. He closes his eyes in content, and I close mine.

With my back pressed against the moving wall, I feel startled at first when Varian wraps his arms around me. But it soon fades, as the seconds roll by. It's as though the walls aren't even moving at all and it's as if I can't hear anything else but our pulsating heartbeats and our heavy breathing. I can feel the gentle tickle of Varian's breath beneath my nose and warmth blossoms in my heart and it consumes me gracefully. I feel his soft, pillowy, lips against my own, as I feel one of his hands on the back of my head and his other on my waist.

The walls then suddenly freeze, leaving Varian and I just inches apart from each other. My eyes open and I slowly pull away, knowing we need to get out of here and continue the journey. I look at Varian, expecting him to say something after that. He opens his eyes and they widen as he slowly steps back a little and touches his lips with his gloved fingers. "Sweet.. Mother of Alchemy.." He breathes out, in an almost out of breath whisper.

After a few minutes of feeling incapable of speaking, I open my mouth. "I-I'm sorry.." I mutter. Varian then glances up at me and narrows his eyebrows. "Sorry? Why are you sorry?" He asks. "I just kissed you.." I reply, with an awkward shrug.

"Uh-huh.. but it's okay. I mean.. I like you." Varian tells me, making my eyes widen. "What?" I breathe out, in a whisper. Varian then shrugs. "I-I've actually like you for a while now, but.. I was too scared to say anything." He tells me.

"Really?" I ask, as a smile slowly forms. Varian nods. "Yeah, I mean.. how could the youngest princess of Corona ever like the dangerous alchemist? I-I mean that's just.. crazy." He replies.

I then holds his hands, with a smile. "Well then, I guess that makes me crazy." I tell him. I then lean in, but I go for a hug, instead of a kiss. I then feel his arms wrap warmly around me. We already had a wonderful kiss. That's enough, for now.

[About An Hour Later]
Varian, Bucky, Ruddiger and I continue on down the tunnel. Varian then suddenly sticks his arm out in front of me. "Tripwire." He tells me, pointing, with his staff, at a thin piece of string that stretches out above the floor.

I nod in response, as Varian carefully steps over the tripwire. I then jump over it next, with Bucky on my shoulder. However, Ruddiger doesn't pay attention and he walks straight through the wire, snapping it.

My eyes widen as I hear crumbling and an avalanche of rocks falls down. "Ruddiger, watch it!" I say, running over as fast as I can, grabbing the little raccoon and tumbling out of the way.

"Var, are you alright?" I ask, turning to him with Ruddiger in my arms and Bucky on my shoulder. Varian nods. "Yep, all good." He replies. "We should be getting closer to the surface. We don't want to alarm any of the guards." I tell him.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure they, and everyone else, have their hands full." Varian replies, with a smirk. This confuses me. "Huh?" I ask. "N-nothing. Uh, it's just, um, they have their hands full every day! Corona, you know? Busiest kingdom on earth!" Varian chuckles, leaning against a wooden pillar.

I nod in agreement, as the ground suddenly crumbled from beneath Varian's feet. "Whoa, whoa!!" He exclaims, as he almost falls down a large, endless-looking pit. "VARIAN! Hang on!" I cry worriedly, running over to him. "Way ahead of you!" Varian replies, jokingly.

I grab his staff and only just manage to pull him up, with all my might. The ground then crumbles before our eyes. "What do we do?!" Varian asks, grabbing my arm. "Run!" I reply, and we immediately take off, as fast as we can.

I glance behind me as the floor collapses, scarily close to us! Turning back around to in front of me, I gasp. "Dead end!" Varian says, worriedly.

Thinking quick, I unbraid my hair streak. Even if it is a measly strand, compared to my older sister's full head of hair, it's still useful. I toss the end up to the rafters above us. "Grab on!" I tell Varian. He grabs onto my waist as Ruddiger hands from the bottom of my golden hair streak.

Noticing a window ahead of us, I swing us across as much as I can and we only just manage to land on the balcony. "Are you okay?" Varian asks me, almost out of breath. I nod, with an assuring smile. "I'm fine. I just hope this flower is worth it. It's Corona's only hope?" I ask, braiding my golden streak. "It should be, but, uh, I'm not really concerned about Corona." Varian tells me.

I then get taken aback by this. "You mean.. because of your dad, right? I mean, you are a little concerned for Corona.. right?" I ask him. "Uh, I mean, of course I'm concerned about Corona, I love Corona, I just meant, right now I'm really concerned about how it's gonna help my dad. Corona, too!" Varian assures me.

After we descend the stairs, Varian groans. "Oh, it's a dead end." He states. "No. We're right under the vault, Var. Do you see that trapdoor?" I ask. "Yeah, how do we get it open?" He asks. "Hmm.." I say, scanning across the room.

"Seven pillars.." I mutter, staring at the small pillars in front of us on the floor. It looks like a wheel. "Like, the seven kingdoms?" Varian asks. I nod. "Uh-huh.. that number really seems to be a recurring theme." I point out. I then grab one of the pillars and give it a push. It turns. The trapdoor lock creaks. Nothing else happens.

After turning the pillar a few more times, the trapdoor opens. I smile in delight, but then I hear an ominous creaking sound. I turn around and my eyes widen anxiously. A giant robot, of sorts, with green glowing light eyes, towers over us.

"Uhh, Varian?" I ask, nervously. "Fascinating! I believe this is an automaton, a marvel of ancient technology, really. I've heard about them, but to see one in person-" Varian tells me excitedly, as the automaton raises an arm. "Varian, watch out!" I exclaim, pulling him out of the way.

We run and hide behind a pillar, as I see Varian pull a couple of vials out with a smirk. "Don't worry, princess, I've got this." He assures me, then runs towards the automaton. He then tosses a vial at the automaton, making it stumble backwards.

Varian tosses a second vial, making the automaton crash into a pillar and the wall cracks. "See? I told ya! I got this." Varian tells me, smirking proudly.

"Varian!" I say, pointing at the towering automaton behind him. Varian turns around, then lets out a yell as he is slammed into a pillar before collapsing to the floor. "VARIAN!" I exclaim worriedly, rushing over to him and carefully grabbing his arms.

Varian grunts in pain. "Despite the excruciating pain and the fact I am about to pass out, the science at work here is spellbinding!" He tells me, making me giggle at the irony.

"That's a magic word. You're a man of science." I point out, jokingly. Varian chuckles, standing up. "More specifically, al-" He tells me. "Alchemy." We both finish, simultaneously. Varian chuckles again.

"We're gonna need a plan to defeat this thing." I say, then glance up at the crumbling pillars with an idea. "When I say so, can you distract it?" I ask. Varian nods. "Uhh, hey.. m-metal-head!" I say, approaching the giant robot. "Automaton." Varian corrects, politely. "Automaton. Over here!" I say.

I then hide behind the pillar, as the automaton punches it, making the ceiling above it crumble. "Now, Varian." I tell him. He nods, and I unbraid my streak again as a vial is thrust at the automaton again. Varian then runs, making it chase him.

Wrapping my golden hair streak around two pillars in front of the automaton, it trips and collapses to the floor with the crashing pillars falling on top of it, silencing the giant robot for good.

Letting out a surprised gasp, I turn to Varian who smirks at me proudly. "You did it!" He says. I shake my head. "We did." I correct, then pull him in for another hug. He misinterprets this, and kisses my cheek. My eyes widen in surprise, as do his. "A hug. You were.. going for a hug! Sorry, I-I'm sorry.." He tells me, in realisation. I shake my head. "It's fine. Now we're both even." I point out, jokingly.

After using my hair streak to lasso the ladder in the vault trapdoor, Varian and I approach it, to climb up. "Hmm." I hear Varian say, behind me.

"What is it?" I ask, turning to Varian as he looks down at something in concentration. "Uh, nothing. It doesn't matter." He replies, then glances up at the ladder. "Ladies first.." He encourages, with his signature smirk and a playful bow. I can't help, but his giggle. "Always the gentleman." I say, before climbing up the ladder. I swear, I then think I hear him mutter something else but I shrug it off as he follows my up the ladder.

Once we climb up, and once I light everything up, I can't help but gasp excitedly at the sight of the infamous flower. "There it is! The flower!" I whisper.

The Sundrop flower is decayed and quite withered, but I still stare at it in amazement. It's the flower that healed my mother. It saved hers and Rapunzel's lives. And it gave Rapunzel and incredible healing powers! Amazing!

Varian then suddenly snatches the entire flower. "Uhh, Varian?" I ask, hoping he'll then pluck a petal off. He doesn't. He slips the flower in his apron!

"Whoa, Varian! Hang on." I tell him, turning him around, by the shoulders, to face me. "Remember our deal? You said that you'll just take a petal." I remind him. "But what if one petal's not enough to harvest what I need?" Varian asks.

"Varian.." I say, pleadingly. "What difference does it make?!" Varian suddenly snaps, pushing my hands off of his shoulders. "It's just sitting here, rotting, anyway!" He points out, as a familiar flacon falls from his apron and clatters upon the floor.

"That flacon.." I say, picking it up. "Varian, this had Xavier's mood potion in it." I say, as Varian takes it. "Varian, you shouldn't have that. It's dangerous." I tell him. "There was just one drop left, but it was enough for me to replicate and modify. I had to be sure the flower was here." Varian tells me.

"S-So.. you made a truth potion? And you gave it to everyone?" I ask, hoping that I'm wrong. Varian chuckles. "You'd be surprised what people will tell you for a cookie." He tells me, with a smug smirk.

My mind flashes to the argument between Pete and Stan. Pete had cookie crumbs on his cheek.

"Pete? Stan?" I ask, in a shocked whisper.
I then turn around to Varian in disbelief.
"Varian.. how could you do that?" I ask. "Oh, do you honestly expect me to be concerned about the welfare of Corona?" Varian remarks.

"Well.. I know how much you care about your dad, of course. But, I thought that-" I admit. "No! I begged this kingdom, for help. Everyone turned their back on me! It has to be this way." Varian says.

"No, it doesn't! Varian.. I never turned my back on you. I defied a direct order from my father, the king, because I trusted you. We both broke the law." I point out. And we actually kissed.

As Varian looks at me, almost with guilt, the vault door rattles and opens. Rapunzel bursts in, wide eyed. "Y/n?" Rapunzel asks, then spots the display case of the Sundrop flower is empty.

Noticing my hurt expression and Varian's guilty frown, Rapunzel quickly puts the pieces together. "Give me the flower, Varian." She softly instructs, approaching us. "We can find a way to fix all of this, the rocks, your dad, everything. I promise you. I promise! Just this is not the way. Please?" She asks, making my eyes widen nervously. Maybe she shouldn't have used the 'P' word.

My doubts are proven, when Varian's frown of guilt turns into a glare of rage. "Var-" I whisper. "Sorry, princess, but I know firsthand how well you keep promises." Varian tells Rapunzel, glaring at her furiously as the vault door rattles again.

"Y/n!" Cassandra yells, bursting in with Eugene.
"There he is! Get him!" Eugene tells the guards.
"No, wait!" I tell them, but Varian runs away.
He quickly runs, throws a smoke bomb and I hear everyone coughing through the cloud of thick pink smoke as I feel somebody grab me by my arms.
"I still need you, Y/n.." I hear, before passing out.

[Later, In Varian's Lab]
I slowly opens my eyes to find myself on the floor, in Varian's lab. Slowly sitting up, I watch as Varian plucks a petal from the Sundrop flower with some tweezers, and grinds it up with a mortar and pestle.

I don't even know what to make of Varian, anymore. Sure, he's stolen before. He took an apple from someone in the village when we first met, but that was a joke, and he immediately threw the apple back. This is serious. He talked me into stealing from my father twice, committing treason and ultimately disappointing my family.

Varian turns to me, with his goggles over his eyes. Heh, it suits him. Wait, this is still serious. "Oh, good. You're awake. Just in time to see this work." Varian tells me, with another smug smirk.

Knowing I can't talk Varian out of it, I sigh quietly as he laces a large metal drill with the ground up flower. Please let this work. If it does work, Rapunzel will understand. Our Father.. maybe not.

Varian then activates the drill, with hope in his eyes. I still can't believe that he did all of this, but.. I still want him to free his father. That's all he wants.

The drill spins rapidly, before making contact with the amber and screeching noisily. This makes me wince, and put my hands over my ears. "Work! Work! Please, work!" I manage to hear Varian say.

I then hear a loud shatter. Varian pulls the drill machine away, to reveal its dented edge, while the amber remains undamaged. Uhoh.

"No.." Varian mutters, sadly. I slowly approach him. "Oh, Var.." I whisper, before he gets angry. "No, no, no! NO!" He yells furiously, shoving the drill away. I gasp in shock, jumping away from the drill. Varian storms over to his desk and throws his books and papers from it, with one  swipe of his arm.

"THIS IS USELESS!" Varian yells, pulling up his goggles and pounding his fist on his desk aggressively. I can't help, but flinch at his temperamental breakdown. "It's like it no longer holds the Sundrop's power!" He exclaims, staring down at the remains of the flower. I approach him slowly, as he stares down, deep in thought.

Then Varian picks up the flower's remains, with a wide eyed gasp. "The Sundrop isn't the flower, anymore.." He states, crushing the remains of the flower in his gloved hand and then letting it's dust sift through it and onto his desk.

"Varian, what are you talking about?" I ask.
Varian then turns to me, with a certain nod.
"It's you, and Rapunzel." He tells me.

"Rapunzel and I-" I mutter, then my eyes widen in realisation. It makes sense! The flower was used to heal our Mommy. My streak and Rapunzel's hair can heal. We took the Sundrop flower's magical powers, when we were born. Of course! But-

"Uhh, Varian?" I ask, as he glances at the drill hopefully. "Y/n, you or Rapunzel can free my dad! I just know it this time!" Varian exclaims.

"But, that drill!" I point out, gesturing to its dented edge. "What if it hurts Rapunzel or I?" I ask. The same thought appears to have struck Varian. Then his eyes widen again. "It might not work with you, because you only have a strand! Rapunzel has a full head of hair, this could work!" He tells me.

I sigh deeply, looking into his pleading blue eyes. "Varian, Rapunzel is probably thinking many things right now. She saw you take the flower. She and the others will think you kidnapped me." I point out. "Well, I mean.. you kind of did.." I mumble, then shake my head. "But nobody is going to trust you, now." I point out.

"Hmm.." Varian hums, clenching his fists a little. "Well, then you talk to her. Convince her to help me." He tells me simply, with a shrug.

"That won't work. Varian, you've done this to yourself. If you had just taken a petal, like I said, it wouldn't be this bad. But-" I point out. "So what?!" Varian suddenly snaps, making me jump. "This kingdom turned their backs on me! And Rapunzel! None of this would've happened if she had just kept her promise!" He states.

"She was dealing with an emergency! It wasn't her fault. Please, Varian, try to understand-" I tell him, pleadingly, resting a hand on his shoulder comfortingly as his back is turned to me. Turning around, Varian shoves my hand away. I flinch, staring at him with wide, startled eyes.

"It's you who doesn't understand!" Varian yells, with a glare that looks scarily like the one from Rapunzel's nightmare painting. "I am going to free my father, and no one is going to stop me!" He states, stomping over to me with clenched fists. I anxiously stumble away from Varian, with my back almost leaning against the amber wall. "Not even you." He adds, through gritted teeth.

Varian did it. I was, and am, frightened of him. It didn't take any machines he invented. It just took a dark and frightening glare and a threat of him not letting me stop him. But he wouldn't.. hurt me, right? I don't even know anymore, to be honest. I lean against the amber wall, wide eyed. After everything we've done together, it always felt like I've known Varian my entire life. But at this moment, it's like I barely know him at all.
I can't believe it.. and that kiss, too.

Varian's eyes widen and his glare fades, as he slowly takes a step back from me. But he knows that it's too late, now. Standing up from the amber wall, I frown sadly, as I feel the tears trying to break free. "Goodbye, Varian.." I whisper shakily, turning around and walking away.

"Y/n, wait!" I hear behind me. I turn around to look at Varian, who stares at me with his big blue eyes sorrowfully. "I'm sorry." He mutters.

I nod, in response. "Now, sleep." Varian adds. "Huh?" I ask, narrowing my eyebrows in confusion. But my eyes widen anxiously as a large cloud of green smoke is blown towards me and a wave of exhaustion floods my senses as I accidentally inhale the thick alchemical substance.

I slowly collapse onto my hands and knees, as Ruddiger scurries over with a chitter. Drowsiness completely takes over me, as I fall on my side. The last thing I see is Varian towering over me, before my eyes quickly close in unconsciousness.

Question Of The Chapter!
Now, this is an important one! Listen!
So, you know how the end of the battle goes.
Varian is sent away, Rapunzel leaves Corona.
But, here's the important decision that you must help me make! Should Y/n stay in Corona, or should she go with Rapunzel?
Think of the consequences of either decision!

If Y/n goes with Rapunzel, leaving Corona:
She will possess the Moonstone, not Cassandra
• But this means WAY less Varian x Y/n moments!
• But this means 'Nothing Left To Lose' and
'Waiting In The Wings' will be hers to sing!

If Y/n stays in Corona, with Rapunzel leaving her:
WAY more Varian x Y/n moments!!
• A look at how she tackles Varian's imprisonment, while also missing Rapunzel.
• But this means no 'Nothing Left To Lose' duet, between her and Varian.
• But maybe I'll replace that with another duet between her and Varian! :)

Anyway, one of these decisions.. I do want to choose, just that little bit more. A lot, actually. But I can't tell you which. I want you guys to help me decide. Should Y/n leave Corona with Rapunzel, or should she stay in Corona with Varian?
My Answer: I just said, I can't say yet.
Your Answer?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

129 3 15
It's the tale of Rapunzel and Flynn- but not how you've been told... Years locked away does strange things to the mind, and this young princess is no...
3.3K 35 1
Rapunzel along with Judy return to the kingdom of Corona, only to find it is taken by a old enemy. Now Rapunzel have to use her inner strength to sa...
8.8K 152 16
(aka "Alone?") I adopted this fanfic from @CartoonsAreAmazing. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Varian has been groomed and abused by...
24.5K 673 25
Rapunzel is an 18 year old girl who has been bullied since she started high school. She still holds her head strong, but on the inside she is crumbli...