A Wicked Smile

Da InvisibleThreat

It's been around half a year since your friend, Frisk, as you recall, managed to do something that broke the... Altro

Catching Up
Some Company
Small Issues
Small Issues [P2]
The Return
New New Home?
One Day
Sick
Schooltime!
Running Late.. Or going dead?
Labored Breathing
Rising Up
Hazardous Knowledge
Something Hidden
(Un)Pleasant Talk
Everlasting Nightmares

Morning!

585 24 4
Da InvisibleThreat

Chara's POV

I woke up on a bed in a room with blue walls, still only distantly recalling on what happened yesterday.

"Ow.." I grabbed my head, because it hurted as heck.

Did I pass out?

That would be unlikely.

I raised myself up and looked around.

So strange.. It seemed that it should be quite cool at night, but I didn’t freeze at all. Looking down at my body, it dawned on me what caused such a pleasant and warm sleep ..

"His hoodie.?"

I didn't know exactly how to feel.. Gratitude that he took care of me or anger that he touched me when I was sleeping?.

Obviously the first option.

Smiling, I pulled the hood on and sat like that for a couple of minutes. With comfort .. With pleasant sensations.

"Thank you.." I whispered, and then shifted my gaze to my legs.

"Oh, my boots!"

While I was still putting them on, someone opened the door. I quickly raised my head up to see, but the person who entered was [Y/n].

"Morning, Red." He said, smiling.

"Morning.?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, well. You fell asleep while we were on a walk yesterday, so I had to Uhm.." He stopped awkwardly. "Carry you back home."

"Oh?"

My face didn't represent the hidden embarrassment, but instead confusion.

"Did I fall asleep?"

"You did apparently. So I guess that "needless" part was pretty much exaggerated."

"Oh no.."

"Is something wrong?" He asked softly, coming closer.

"I.." I knew what was happening.

Even if I'm a demon right now, my body is still.. I am still a human on behalf. And humans barely have any magic!

It only shows up when you fall into the Underground. It's magic fills you and your soul, uncovering your hidden abilities. That's what happened to me, and to Frisk..

Oh, wait a minute! Does it mean it also happened to him?

"I think it's fine." I said quickly, jumping out of the bed.

"You're not looking so confident though," I looked at him with annoyance.

"Okay, okay!.."

"Do you want something to eat?"

"Hm.." I thought.

Well, he could make those pancakes again. And I won't be lying if I say it's good. And with chocolate syrup it was even better!

About Chocolate..

I took the chocolate bars he hid, tearing the wrapper off.

"Chocolate!" I responded happily, chewing it.

"Just make sure you wouldn't get yourself dirty!" He smiled, heading out of the room.

"Where are you going?" I asked, surprisingly for me.

"I'm going to go.. Take a shower." He answered.

Oh, this may be interesting! I giggled to myself, and he probably saw the sly look of my face.

"And I also plan on locking up the door before that." He had a small, but a still visible blush onto his face.

"Whatever.." I faked my sadness before guessing on how should I spend the rest of the day.

Oh, his diary!

I mean..

That would still be sort of bad, but I just have no idea what to do.

I grabbed it and opened it up, searching for anything interesting.

That's when I thought I listed through the last page, seeing that he had already added something.

It was a drawing of a strange, old man with yellow eyes. He also had a clock near him.

He calls himself "The Watchmaker". Whoever this man is, he observes me.. And maybe the others. He says he's keeping the "timeline" as it should be, but I do not even know what does that mean!

He says I'll have to pay incase I find and kill that..

The word was crossed out many times.

By that meaning I would suffer or lose my relatives and friends..

Would it mean that my Uncle, Frisk and maybe even Chara would die?

I'm confused.

But I will try my best to kill that murderer without anyone being hurt. Even if it means that I will decease.

I'm sorry that I couldn't do it the other way, father. But I just..

One phrase was pointed out and the letters were big enough.

H A V E T O

Wow.

That's..

Surely something interesting.

I realized that there was more, and it was..

About me!

A drawing, again..

Not so bad.

"By the way.." I heard someone's voice from the hall.. I attempted to throw the diary where it was, jumping into the bed. He came out with his clothes already on.

"Your clothes are infact dirty."

"Welp, that's all I've got."

"We could change that." He responded, offering to come after him.

"Say, do you even need wash yourself?"

"I think so. Well, at least after I exited the Underground." I responded lazily.

"Then you can feel free to use the shower, and while you're busy, I could also wash your clothes.. Not like it's hard anyway." He shrugged.

"And what would I wear afterwards?" He placed his hand on his face, snickering.

"I didn't think about that honestly.. Maybe just sit in the bedroom while I'm doing the stuff? Won't take long and neither would somebody look." He opened the door.

"If you will though.." I raised my hand, forming up a knife. "We'll have to take your eyes out and cut off the tongue."

"I won't!" He raised his hands up defensely, nervously laughing.

"I'll see."

[Y/n]'s POV

While the demon was busy, I took her clothes and simply stuffed it into the washing machine. I was unsure if it was really a good idea, but that was worth a shot.

Though I started regretting it when I took it out.

It was.. Well, I wouldn't even bother to think of it.

I just gained a death sentence.

As quickly as I could I stormed into my bedroom and grabbed one of the small T-Shirts I had from younger ages but didn't bother to get rid of.

I left it there with a big towel, and of course a small note for Chara.

Sorry!

I really am, I just didn't realize your clothes were made a century ago.

I'll return with the same ones if I could find those, for now have the ones I left.

Just PLEASE don't kill me!

I instantly returned towards my room and grabbed a Hoodie. When I went down the ladder and approached the door, I heard a scream behind me:

"[Y/N]!"

I didn't stop though. I just wanted to distance myself as far as I could right now so Chara does not cut me into pieces.

And after all, I think I know the size that'll fit. And the shop someone told me about.

Around 2 hours later

With packs in hands, I headed back towards my house.. And still thought about what will happen next.

I'll get murdered?

Or maybe she's already NOT that mad at me?.

That wasn't exactly the same sweater and a pair of shorts she had, but at least it was similar.. Or maybe I just think it is?

Opening the door as quietly as I could, someone already grabbed me by my collar and did shut the door after.

It was Chara. She had my hoodie on, which was definitely oversized for her.

"What did you do?!" She asked, being obviously angry.. I swear to God I haven't seen someone that mad for a while.

"Nothing, nothing!" I panicked, dropping the packs and raising my hands up. "I just didn't realize-"

A hit into my stomach followed.

"Augh-" I managed to say before her grip grew a bit tighter.

"Sorry!" Her expression still didn't change. "B-but I brought you the n-new s-"

She dropped me and I used the opportunity to distance myself a bit, now seeing her inspecting the clothes I bought.

"They're not the same." Chara responded sadly, but still took them. "You're an idiot."

"Were they that dear for you?" I asked quietly, not bothering to anger her even more.

"The sweater was." She snapped her head towards my direction, her face still representing annoyance.

"I am sorry, really.. I just.." I started picking up words but failed miserably, maybe because the fear was still kicking in. "..I am really a dimwit."

She silently stood up and headed upstairs, while I was still trembling in the corner.

"Where are you going?" It fell out suddenly, but I didn't even want to ask that.

"Up there to change."

"Okay." I said, standing up. "I'll.. Stay here. I'm sorry, really."

"Try to act like you care at least."

"But I do! I didn't intend to-"

"Just shut up already."

I stood there being unsure if I still have to continue or do I just leave her alone.

I'm terrible at communicating and understanding others.

While she was up there, I decided to excuse myself partially by cooking the pancakes. She liked those..

I was doing the regular stuff, and when I finished I simply awaited for them to be done.

Wouldn't take long.

"What's that smell?" Somebody from behind asked, and of course it was the sad demon.

"I decided to make some pancakes.. You liked those, so maybe that'll act as an excuse? A partial one maybe.." I responded, while she already sat down and looked at me, squinting.

"You're trying to buy my forgiveness?" She asked slyly.

"Uhh.."

"Well.."

"Y-Yeah?"

"Pathetic. But as an exception.." Chara grabbed the fork.

"That's a yes?"

"Only because they're tasty." She responded, starting to eat.

I sighed in relief, looking out of the window onto the street.

Yup. Another pleasant day of summer, and the sun was shining.. God, the school begins in just a few days and I haven't even considered that!

Not that I dislike school, but no time is enough for a break, right?

"I'll go out for a walk." I said, moving up towards the door.

"And what about me?" Chara asked suddenly.

"Uhh.. Come with me if you want? Or stay at home and well.. Just look around again." Going up to grab my phone, I heard her standing up and putting the dish into the dishwasher.

"Thank you for the meal." She responded, heading to the front door.

"You're going or not?" She said, opening it on an instant.

"I guess." I smiled and headed out to the street.

"Where to?"

"The park."

"You rarely go further into the town itself, huh?" I turned my head and nodded.

"I do not like big hordes. You know, spending time alone is better for me." She smirked.

"A bore."

"No, I just don't like extra attention." I said, smiling.

We were walking calm enough, in complete silence.. Not that I didn't like it, but I really wanted to do something.. And then a childish idea came to my mind.

"A run to the lake!" I exclaimed and instantly rushed towards the Park's entrance and by the trail, as I heard Chara snicker and catch up.

I often forget that she's not a human. Or at least not entirely.

She almost got me when I stumbled into somebody, Chara instantly disappearing from my sight. But before that I saw the horrific look on her face, which made me concerned a bit.

In front of me stood a monster. A goat-like lady..

"Lady Toriel! Sorry.." I said, standing up and clearing myself off from the dust.

"I'm so clumsy!"

"Here, let me help." She said, pulling me up from the ground and fixing my hair.

"No need!" I said childishly, getting off from her tight but comfortable grip.

If she was my mother, I would've probably never left the house.

"How are the others?" I asked.

"Pretty much fine. Thanks for asking, my child." The goat lady responded happily, adjusting herself. "What about you?"

"Oh, I'm fine. Was doing exercises you see, but something took my attention and here we are." She giggled, giving me a light tap on the shoulder.

"Next time you should be more concentrated." I nodded.

"See you later, Lady Toriel!" I made a light bow and she responded the same, heading towards the Monster Mansion.

"Keep yourself safe, my child!"

"I'll try my best!"

I gazed around, trying to find Chara. That's when I fixed my sight and saw her sitting behind the tree, sobbing and mumbling something.

I instantly rushed over, crouching and placing my hand onto her shoulder.

"Hey, Red. Everything's alright?" She shook her head.

"I just can't hold myself when seeing Mom.. I.."
She started to drop words, but It was going tough.

She was crying.. Again. That's what happens when you know that your relatives are unaware that you're alive.. Or that you had reanimated, for this case. I sat near hear and eventually after some time she stopped trembling.

"I just miss them all so much.."

"You'll reunite with them soon, right?" I asked her softly, while she made a short nod. "And before that, let's make sure you won't instantly cry when you meet them, alright?" I chuckled and heard light snicker from her too.

"Alr-.. Alright." The red-eyed girl turned her head towards me, with her eyes still representing the inner pain she felt and a small light of hope. Her tears kept coming out from her eyes, and they became somewhat red after all that.

I gently wiped one off, smiling yet again.

"It's fine, come on."

For some reason I would've never wanted to see her cry. It just felt so unnatural! Me, mostly a selfish idiot, caring for somebody else. And that didn't concern me. Just for once in my life the only wish I had was for Chara to smile and be happy.

I offered her a hand, and she took it. I helped her get up and then messed her hair up. She gasped out of surprise, trying to grab my arm. I laughed childishly and distanced myself, waiting for her to catch me with her gaze.

I then jumped out of place and ran towards the lake while hearing her laughter and screams:

"Come back here you little brat!"

"Catch me!" I responded over her calls, and realized I have placed myself into a dead end.

"Oh hell!"

"You thought you could get away from me?"

I heard footsteps behind me, and turned around just to see Chara pushing me. I lost concentration and started to fall down, but she grabbed my hand, trying to prevent that. Sadly, I weighed way more than she could possibly lift.. And we both fell down into the water.

Cold.

Icy.

Water.

I gasped, trying to grab some air, instead swallowing water. I tried to find Chara, and then saw her trying to keep herself on the surface.

I took off my hoodie and swum closer, grabbing her by the shoulders and lifting her up a bit. I trembled because of the cold and the fact I barely had any oxygen, but still headed towards the beach.

"Almost there.. Fuck!" I managed to squeeze out loud enough, hearing Chara's rough attempts to take a breath of air.

When we both got out of the water, I saw her trembling, placing her near the tree.

"You're cold?" I asked suddenly, forgetting that It was me who should be concerned about my health. She's a demon after all.

"No!" She said, trying to stabilize her breath. "Just.. Can't swim."

That made me snicker, and then it turned out into uncontrollable laughter. I found it extremely funny, and I fell down onto the ground, holding my stomach.

I saw Chara's confused look before she joined in, and then it was just us creating noise in the Park.

It continued on for a few minutes, before I started coughing.

"Oh, that was.." I coughed again.

"..Awesome."

Chara stopped laughing and came near me, helping me to stand up.

My chest and stomach hurted as heck, both from laughter and constant coughing.

I should've thought that It would be better for me to head back home before I get sick..

Too late now I guess?

"Are you alright?" She asked, and I nodded in response. Though the coughing betrayed me.

"I see you're not." I decided to just smile awkwardly, not bothering to respond. "Come on, let's get you back into your bed."

"You're not my mother, I don't wanna.." I coughed again, and the concerns grew.

"Go home yet.."

"But I am infact a demon, and.." She stopped.

"And.?"

"I.. have to.. pay for your.. kindness." Chara ended up, awkwardly rubbing her wrist.

"Oh, that's how it is?" I responded with faked disappointment. "And that's when I thought you actually find my company interesting.." The snicker I tried to make was covered up by a series of coughs, again.

We then simply headed back towards my home, while I took some breaks trying to catch my breath. It was extremely hard including the fact coughing became almost unstoppable, though she still patiently awaited and helped me incase.

"You know, that's not very royal of you." I said jokingly, while she looked at me with surprise.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, Royalty usually doesn't help classless peasants." I yet again said, making a small chuckle.

"Oh shut up!" She slapped me lightly.

"Ow!"

"I didn't hit you that hard."

"But I still felt that?"

"Stop whining." Chara responded mockingly, while a small smile grew up on her face.

"What a sadist.." I whispered, but I think it was still loud enough for her to hear.

"If I was that sadistic, I could've just left you there." She smiled even more, as of thinking she made me a favor.

"But you didn't."

"I just didn't want to lose a conversation partner." She said, while I still saw her face turning red a little.

"Or you just refuse t-to.." I coughed again "..admit that even if you're a demon,"

"You care for the others!" I said it out loud, while her blush became noticeable.

"Flattery will get you nowhere." She answered quietly.

"Ah, and there I hoped for something!" I added jokingly.

"Just don't get too confident."

"I won't, your majesty!" I said.

We entered the house, and at this point Chara simply dragged me inside my bedroom.

"But hey, you have to sleep there!" I protested, "I could lay on the.."

I writhed in pain, while she helped me up again.

"You cannot."

Chara then headed out of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"I'll make you some tea," She smiled, and now adding slyly. "You could use the time you have to change."

I looked down at my body.

Right, all my clothes were wet.

I started changing, and each action was like a torture. If I had to crouch, coughing instantly followed.

I already grabbed a new T-Shirt when Chara entered the room.

"Hey!" I almost yelled, covering myself with a blanket and my face turning to all possible shades of red.

"Oh, sorry!" She muttered, but I still was sure she speeded up on intend.

"What a pervert." Chara grimaced in displeasure, now placing the cup down. "Let me change."

"Yeah, yeah.."

When I finished up, I fell down into my bed. I still felt cold.

I grabbed a tea cup and took a sip.

To my surprise, it was pretty good.

"Tasty." I responded and saw her raising her head up with some pride.

"doNt gEt To-" While trying to mock her, coughing interrupted.

I saw her giggle at it.

"Karma."

"A demoness speaking of karma.." I said quietly, finishing the tea she made.

"Thank you."

"That's what a friend would do." She smiled in return, sitting down onto the chair.

"Are you going to watch me sleep again?" I asked, seeing the sly look on her face.

"Maybeee.." She mused teasingly, not bothering to hide her intentions anyhow.

"Of course."

I turned to my side, trying to fall asleep.

"Good night, [Y/n]." I heard Chara's words.

"Night, Chara.."

Despite all the situations, I couldn't say I regret getting her out of the underground. She is really a great friend and someone who I could speak to without trying to act as somebody else.

Maybe her appearance is for the better.?

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

307K 8.1K 39
You woke up on bed of golden flowers without having anything to remember. Going to an adventure where you met with many monsters to go home. Easy, ri...
9.7K 274 12
(UnderTale completely belongs to Toby Fox, I in no way helped him create the game. I'm just simply a huge fan and want to write a short Genocide rout...
138K 2.2K 27
I just want you guys to know that this is my first story on Wattpad, and yes Chara and Frisk are both girls. If you don't like it, then leave. I work...
19.6K 478 13
~~~ [COMPLETE] After being set free from Frisk, Chara finds herself shoved into a new life that she didn't ask for. She's cold and distant for days...