Classroom of the Elite: OC th...

By Ryuzu__

Fukazawa Yato is forced to go to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. Even if he had no mo... More

BIO
Volume 1: The Start
Volume 1: Rules
Volume 1: Meet new people
Volume 1: Chaos
Volume 1: Study group
Volume 1: 1 point
School Database
Volume 2: Incident
Volume 2: Preparation
Volume 2: Payday
Chapter 3: Special Exam
Volume 3: Assigned role
Volume 3: End of the first day
Volume 3: Class C and B
Volume 3: Deal and Betrayal
Volume 3: New problem
Volume 3: Disturbing news
Volume 3: Bad decision
Volume 3: End of the exam
Volume 3: Meeting
Volume 4: Another one
Volume 4: First day
Volume 4: Memories
Volume 4: Scheme
Volume 4: Provocation
Volume 4.5: Gift
Volume 4.5: Fortune-telling
Volume 4.5: End of the summer break
Volume 5: Sports Festival
Volume 5: Choice of Strategy
Volume 5: Physical training
Volume 5: Last step before the sports festival
Volume 5: Sports festival Part 1
Volume 5: Sports festival Part 2
Volume 5: Break time
Volume 5: Beginning of a New Era
Volume 5 SS
Volume 6: New President
Volume 6: Paper Shuffle
Volume 6: X
Volume 6: Dinner
Volume 6: Best Friend
Volume 6: Decision
Volume 6 SS
Volume 7: The start of the winter
Volume 7: Intention
Volume 7: Fate
Volume 7: Back in time
Volume 7: Old acquaintance
Volume 7: Resolve
Volume 7 SS
Volume 7,5: This Senpai
Volume 7,5: A long day
Volume 7,5: Double date
Volume 7,5 SS
Volume 8: Mixed Training Camp
Volume 8: Duel
Volume 8: First day
Volume 8: His plan
Volume 8: Scars
Volume 8: Rival
Volume 8 SS
Volume 9: Rumors
Volume 9: Respect
Volume 9: Genius
Volume 9: Warning
Volume 9: New Rumors
Volume 9: Purpose
Volume 9 SS
Volume 10: Class Poll
Volume 10: Attitude of the First Years
Volume 10: Hesitation
Volume 10: Courage
Volume 10: Traitor
Volume 10: Untouchable
Volume 10 SS
Volume 11: Event Selection Exam
Volume 11: Choice
Special Short Story
Volume 11: Moving on
Volume 11: Task
Volume 11: Final Battle
Volume 11 SS
Volume 11,5: Ceremony day
Volume 11,5: Spring Vacation Day 1
Volume 11,5: Spring Vacation Day 2
Volume 11,5: Farewell
Volume 11,5: Family
Volume 11,5 SS
YEAR 2 TEASE\ANNOUNCMENT
YEAR 2 RELEASE

Volume 11: Moving on

1.4K 60 14
By Ryuzu__

Chapter 5

17 March

Yato Pov:

The final exam was at the end of the week, more precisely in 5 days. Horikita and the class decided on the approach we would take during this exam and our class was preparing themself for the events chosen by the A-Class plus our own event.

But in the middle of all this...there was still a problem.

And this problem was named Hirata Yosuke.

As usual, class ended for today and Hirata got up from his seat and left the classroom without any hesitation.

Just as he left the classroom, Mii-chan got up from her seat and was about to run after him but Horikita immediately stopped her.

Horikita: Please wait wang-san!

Mii-chan stopped and started looking at Horikita who stood up from her chair and walked to her.

Horikita: I would still need your help for the study group, Wang-san. You are one of our best students in English after all.

She seemed a bit disappointed not to be able to try to catch up with Hirata today but Mii-chan just nodded.

Mii-chan: Y-Yes of course Horikita-san...sorry about this...

Horikita: Don't worry about it... 

Horikita managed to keep Mii-chan in the classroom since she needed Mii-chan's help with the study group...Mii-chan was, aside from me, our best element in English. She was an help that Horikita needed the most at the moment.

But as I was looking at this scene from my desk...

???: Fufu...

I noticed someone who seemed surprisingly amused by the current situation between Mii-chan and Hirata...this person was Koenji.

But he quickly got up from his seat and left the classroom as well...

I looked at him walking away and...

Horikita: Are you sure you have time to stay here?

I just started looking in front of me and saw Horikita standing in front of my desk...

Yato: Sighs...don't worry I already started what you asked me...

Just as if she wanted to confirm the advancement of what she requested me, she nodded a few times.

Horikita: Indeed, I heard about your feat... it might end up impactful on the day of the exam.

Yato: ...

I just looked at her for a moment without saying a word when I changed my gaze toward the classroom door where Koenji and Hirata left...

Yato: Maybe...

I just got up from my seat and took my bag but before leaving, I just started to look at Horikita...

Yato: So Boss...I guess I'm free to go since you already have Mii-chan and Kushida who stayed for the study session.

Horikita: Well your help would never be too much but since you already help me with something else you can go... but! if you call me again Boss I will force you to participate in these study sessions!

I just turned around and waved at her while walking away...

Yato: Yeah Yeah... See yaa patron-san!

With these words, I just left the classroom...

Yato: Now...

After closing the door behind me I stayed there in the hallway wondering what I should do.

Yato: ...

I hesitated a moment until I just started to walk toward the school exit in a hurry.

There was someone I wanted to talk but if he was already returned to the dorm it was game over for today.

After leaving the school building, I walked on the way to the dorm but...

Yato: Sighs... I missed him huh...

I just entered the dorm building and when I arrived in the lobby I took a look at the elevator board to see at which floor it was...but suddenly when I was in my thought looking at the board.

???: He hasn't returned yet...

Yato: Hm?

Surprised to hear this voice I just turned my head and started looking toward the sofa in the lobby. There was a guy with blond hair sitting in one of the coaches while looking at his nails.

Yato: Koenji huh?

That's right it was Koenji... I saw him leaving the classroom almost at the same time as Hirata earlier.

Yato: ...

I just walked closer to the coach...

Yato: Well Well... and me who thought that you left in a hurry for a date with a senpai of us...

Hearing my comment, he just started to smile as if my remake amused him

Koenji: It's totally natural that you arrived at this conclusion. After all, which girls wouldn't want to have a date with me?

Seeing this attitude, I just sneered and took a thoughtful expression...

Yato: Hmmm....Well if I think about it...there might be a few names that could come to my mind.

Koenji: Fufu well if that is the case smarty-boy... it just means they were not worthy of my time anyway!

Yato: That's a good way to put it if you try to convince yourself of the sad reality playboy-kun!

For the first time since I started to talk to him, he stopped looking at his nails and we stared at each other for a moment until...

Koenji: Fufufu!

Yato: Hahaha!

Koenji: I would love to continue this conversation but...haven't you another goal by coming here, cunning boy?

Yato: That might be the case...have you seen Hirata?

Hearing my question he just sneered as he shook his head.

Koenji: I might have said some words that didn't please him on my way back to the dorm...and he decided to take a detour toward the Keyaki Mall.

Yato: Ahhh I see...

Since Koenji and Hirata left almost at the same time earlier... I was wondering how Koenji could have been back to the dorm before him. With the current state of Hirata, I don't imagine him going to the Keyaki Mall to hang out...

But since I know where I might find him... I just turned around and left the dorm building and started to walk toward the Keiyaki Mall...

I walked a moment until I finally found him...Hirata Yosuke.

Yato: Sighs... I'm almost went back to school...

Earlier instead of taking the path to go toward the dorm, I had taken the path to the Keyaki Mall... I would have found Hirata way earlier...

Yato: Anyway...

I just walked to him... He was sitting on a bench looking at the ground...

Yato: ...

Hirata: ...

He noticed my presence but didn't raise his head and still continued to look at the ground.

Seeing this I just decided to sit next to him...

Hirata: Sighs...now it's your turn huh? All these people that every day tried to talk to me again and again! I can't catch a goddamn break?!

He then started looking at me for the first time...his eyes were cold and for one of the few times I could see some annoyance in his eyes. The fact that Koenji provoked him earlier doesn't help I guess.

Hirata: We don't have anything to talk about Fukazawa-kun... So you want to help me?! Just leave me alone and don't have any concerns about me. I know you are the type of person able to leave a person behind without looking back...

Hearing this I just sneered...

Yato: Hey Hirata...

I just leaned my arm on the back of the bench and started looking at him with a smirk.

Yato: Who the hell told you I was here to help you?!

His eyes widened as I said this...

Hirata: H-Huh?

Yato: Hahahaha!

I just laughed after seeing his expression as I started looking around...

Yato: Did I already tell you I have a brother Hirata?

Hirata: ...

Yato: Oh I never tell you huh? Well yeah I have one... he is younger than me. I don't think I'm a good older brother but that's not the point here... The reason why I saying this to you is that the first time I saw you in this school I really thought you were quite similar to him. 

Hirata: ...

Yato: Why I thought you were similar huh? That's a good question... well when I met the person named Hirata Yosuke and how fast he became the center of the class with his charisma and his desire to help the people close to him... it was really something my brother would have done. But in the end... I was totally in the wrong... you are not alike at all to my brother...After all my brother is not weak-minded as you Hirata...

Hirata: !!!!!!!

For the first time, Hirata reacted to my words...

Hirata: THAT'S ENOUGH I'M LEA...

TAP

As he was about to get up, without looking at him, I put my hand on his shoulder to prevent him from leaving...

Yato: Hoi... I'm currently having a monologue...so sit there and listen to me.

Hirata: Hey let me go!

He tried to get up but I just increased my strength on his shoulder to prevent him from leaving...

Yato: Can I resume without being interrupted?

Hirata: !!!!!

He froze a moment until I felt he wasn't trying to get up anymore so I just removed my hand and leaned it back on the back of the bench.

Yato: Sighs...so where was I with all this? Oh yeah that you are weak-minded compared to my brother!

Hirata: ...

Yato: You see... it's just that the more and more time I spent next to you during the year...the more and more I realized that the two of you were maybe more different than I initially thought. Of course, the similarities I saw in you are there...but your desire the help people do not seem the same as my brother's. My brother helps people since he has been taught that people with power need to help the ones in difficulty. But I don't think that's why you acted like this since the beginning of the year... and that's why he would never act like you are right now Hirata. Depressed and destroyed as you are. And after seeing your attitude right now...it is the proof that I was wrong about you two. My brother would have never ended up depressed and destroyed as you are since...

Hirata: Shut up...

Before I could continue he interrupted me again and started looking at me...

Hirata: You don't know anything!! And your brother as well!!! You don't know what I have been through in the past! 

He then lowers his head...

Hirata: I-I...just can't anymore...I want to be alone...

Yato: ...

I just stared at him without saying anything...noticing my silence he just raised his head and was about to say something...but when he saw my eyes...

Hirata: !!!!!!!!!!

Yato: Oh? What have you been through in your past huh? 

I said this with a more serious and cold tone than I had earlier...in fact, it was the first time I had this voice tone in front of Hirata.

Yato: Indeed I don't know what happened to you in your past... but the same thing applies to you Hirata Yosuke! You don't know a shit about what my brother and I have been through...

Hirata: !!!!!

Hirata frozen there hearing this...seeing my cold eyes and my tone of voice shocked him...

Yato: Now let me finish what I'm trying to say... Yeah, my brother wouldn't have been in the same situation as you. I'm not saying this to praise my brother and denigrate you, Hirata. What I wanted to say is that when my brother was depressed and destroyed at a certain point in his life... he got up on his feet and came back stronger than ever. That's why he would not have been in your situation for a story like this. My brother would have done anything in his power if saving everyone was the best option possible for him...but if he had failed like you... he would not have fallen into a depression like you right now.

Hirata: Haha...

It was a sad laugh and he just lowered his head...

Hirata: I got it... I'm weak and can't overcome my situation! Yamauchi-kun ended up expelled without I could do anything! Happy now?! Tsk...you are seriously a horrible person...

Yato: ...

Hearing this I just sneered...and regained my usual nonchalant attitude...

Yato: Yeah... I might be Hirata...it's something that my brother would say as well...

I just got up from the bench and Hirata just kept his head lowered while looking at the ground.

Yato: But you see Hirata... to be able to move on from a pain of yours... sometimes I think you need to be helped by an "horrible" person...

Hirata: ...

Yato: That's why Hirata...when the right person lends you a hand to get up...take it. Of course, there are people who will offer their help and say "Awn poor Hirata-kun," " I understand your pain," " Nothing is your fault" ... These types of words don't mean anything when they can't understand the reason behind your pain...It's just some words without any meaning. It's not this type of "help" that will help you from the pain of your past you talked about Hirata. 

Hirata: ...

Yato: But it's a different matter with an "horrible" person as you said yourself... there are people who will look at you with a realistic point of view and will tell you straight up the truth Hirata...

Hirata: ...

He didn't say anything but I saw it in his eyes...he was about to break

Yato: That's why if you want I...

But before I could finish my sentence...

???: Whoaa it's Fukazawa-kun?!

???: Ahhh you're right!!!

Yato: Huh?

As I was about to say something to Hirata two girls walked up to me...it wasn't girls from my school years they seemed to be some senpai of us. If I'm not mistaking they are from the second year...

They just walked to me as if they were happy to see me.

Senpai #1: We really wanted to say that you were amazing when you played against Miyabi-kun during this soccer game!

Senpai #2: That's right! You were soo good Fukazawa-kun! Have you played soccer in middle school?

Yato: ...

Not answering them I just took a look at the bench and noticed that Hirata had left when my gaze switched to these girls.

I just looked behind me and saw Hirata who was walking away.

Senpai #1: O-Oh sorry did we bother you Fukazawa-kun?

Senpai #2: We didn't mean to make your friend run away...

Yato: ...

I just looked at Hirata walking away for a moment until I just turned around to look at the girls.

Yato: Nah don't worry about it!

I said this with a smile and my usual attitude...

Yato: But still...I missed my chance. I saw in Hirata's eyes that he would have opened up to me about his pain. It's been a moment that I doubted about the person named Hirata Yosuke and his kindness...and just like he confirmed it to me something happened to him in his past. This pain from his past was the reason why he was affected as he is today. But before he could open himself up about his pain those girls arrived and prevented me from offering my help. I still have some time left but after seeing him today I have the confirmation that Hirata couldn't move on by himself... he is not strong enough and his past is too much for him to make him continue his way without looking behind him. I will have to look for an occasion like today to talk with Hirata to help him to get up from his pain.

.

.

.

Time skip

Yato Pov:

18 March, 4 days until the exam

School days ended as usual. When Chabashira-sensei was leaving the classroom my attention was still on Hirata... I was waiting for an opportunity to finish what I started yesterday but sadly today Mii-chan chased after him when he left the class.

Yato: Sighs...

I just scratched the back of my head understanding that today would be complicated to see Hirata alone...

Of course, I could follow Mii-chan and Hirata but it wouldn't be the best condition to continue my conversation with Hirata. Anyway, I still have some time left until the exam... and if I can't find any occasion like yesterday... I will just go straight up to Hirata without having the best condition to talk.

Yato: ...

But when I was thinking about all this at my desk... I felt the gaze of someone on me. Surprisingly it wasn't coming from one of my two neighborhoods.

No Horikita got up as soon as class ended to plan a future study session to prepare some students for the exam. And for Kiyo, he left the classroom with Akito, Hakura, Keisei and Sakura...otherwise called the Ayanakoji-kun. 

Yeah calling a group of friends like that is somewhat egocentric in my own opinion...but hey who I am to judge people...

Yato: ...

But even after a moment while ignoring the gaze... I still felt it looking at me.

Yato: What does she what?

I just continued to pretend that I didn't feel her gaze for a moment hesitating about what I should do until I heard someone talking quite loudly.

???: Anyway see you later!

With his strong voice, the person said this to his friend before leaving the classroom.

Yato: ...

Seeing this I decided to ignore the girl looking at me and got up from my seat and took my bag to chase the person who had just left the classroom. 

If she wants something from me she just has to come to me...and anyway I already have a vague idea of what she would want from me.

Yato: ...

I started to walk in the hallway following a certain person who had just left the class a moment ago.

Chasing him was easy since he is not someone who will notice someone following him... and most importantly...he is someone who stands out a lot. Usually for the bad reasons but anyway...

I continued to follow him until we almost arrived at the destination he was heading for... of course, I already knew where he was going and that's why I decided to follow him today.

Seeing that we were quite close to his destination... I just hurried my peace a bit until I was now next to him and...

Yato: Hey Sudo!

That's right the person I was following was Sudo Ken from my class. Since Yamauchi got expelled I didn't really talk with him...and the same goes for Ike. 

But with Sudo, it was a bit different than Ike because since the beginning of the year, Sudo has made amazing progress and he can seem like a new man...

But even if he has grown up...

With what happened during the class Poll with Yamauchi and me... his friend still got expelled from this school.

Sudo: Oh...Fukazawa...

When he heard my voice he seemed surprised since just as I guessed he didn't noticed that I was flowing since we left the classroom.

Sudo: ...

He looked at me for a moment as he wasn't sure what to say

Sudo: Well... what do you want? It's quite odd seeing you here close to the gym...

Yato: Hahaha yeah maybe but I was kinda bored...

Sudo: Ok...and?

Yato: Well I know you play basketball so I was tempted to try this sport to be honest. So I thought maybe we could practice a bit together no? 

Sudo: ...

Since the start of our conversation he tried to hide his annoyance the best he could but this time he just couldn't hide it.

Sudo: You want to play basketball huh?

Yato: Why not? It seems quite interesting!

Sudo: ...

He just looked at me for a moment until he just stopped and started to walk again toward the gym.

Sudo: Whatever...do as you want...

Yato: Yeah...

I just looked at him walking away... until I just sighed and started to walk to join Sudo.

.

.

.

Time Skip

Yato Pov: 

Yato: Ehhh Sudo you know...

I was currently in the gym standing below a basketball hoop 

Yato: When I asked you to practice basket...well...

With the ball in my hand, I just passed it to Sudo who was at the free-throw line...

TAP

He just caught the ball that I passed him and he started looking at me...

Yato: I didn't mean to be there just to catch the ball after your shoot to send it back to you...

Sudo: Hoi I practice my shot when you practice your pass

Yato: Well...

I guess he's not wrong but still...

Sudo: ...

But without losing any time he just shot the ball and he scored...

BAM

The ball fell on the floor so I just took it but instead of passing it to him I just kept it...

Yato: Yeah but it's already been 10 minutes... maybe you could teach me how to be a "good" player?

Sudo: Good player huh?

He repeated my words and he seemed annoyed for a second...

I looked at him until I arrived at the conclusion that I would have to make a move first if I wanted to obtain what I wanted from Sudo right now...

I was curious if he would outpass what happened with Yamauchi recently but it seems that I was wrong...

Yato: You see...

But to my surprise, before I could continue...

Sudo: Sighs...sorry it was stupid.

Yato: Huh?

He just started to scratch the back of his head until he started to walk toward me...

Sudo: Fine... go where I was I'm going to show you how to shot the ball properly.

Yato: ...

He walked to me but I just stayed silent while looking at him...

Sudo: What?! I told you we switching places so...

But before he could continue I interrupted him.

Yato: Hahahaha sorry sorry I just thought about something...

I just gave him the ball while walking to the same spot that he was a second ago...

Yato: Anyway... just teach me how to become a "good" player quite fast Sudo...

Sudo: I still remember your performance during the school festival Fuakzawa! You better be ready!

After I started to practice my jump shot just like Sudo was practicing a moment ago. It took me a moment to understand the right moves to have when I shot the ball but after more and more shots I was taking I started to understand the basis

After he showed me how to dribble with the ball, the position during the game, and most important...the rules! My experience was the total opposite of the time I played soccer with Shibata and Ryuji.

Shibata just trow Ryuiji and me into a real game... In contrary this time Sudo just taught and explained to me the basics of basketball. I was quite surprised by his teaching skills... Even if he made some progress in his study I wasn't expecting him to be that good at explaining how to play. Maybe it was due to the fact that Basketball was a passion for him and he got a certain ease in this...

We continued to practice in the gym and it lasted almost 1 hour. After a moment Sudo asked some senpai of his club if we could play 2v2.

Of course, I was with Sudo and the other team was composed of one senpai from the basketball club and one senpai who was just here to play with his friend. He wasn't part of the club so I guess the level of our team was almost equal.

We started this game and I immediately realized that practicing and playing weren't the same thing... but since this time I practiced before playing a real game I adapted way faster and managed to win my match-up against my opponents more easily than the last time. Of course, I didn't become a "pro" player like Sudo but I had a certain ease against my opponent.

On the other side, I also witness the real talent of Sudo for Basketball. Sudo was only in his first year but he was clearly stronger than his opponent who was a senpai who had played for more years than him.

We were now at our last passion which meant if we scored right now it was our win.

I started with the ball and found the occasion to pass it to Sudo. But my opponent who was defending me decided to go on Sudo to reinforce the defense on him.

Seeing this Sudo didn't get the choice and passed me the ball back.

I was placed at the same spot where I had practiced my shot earlier with Sudo...

Yato: Well...I guess just like earlier...

Remembering the same movement I made earlier to shoot the ball...I reproduced this move and the ball when in the hoop which made us score the final point.

Sudo: Yosha!

Sudo just walked to me and tapped on my shoulder.

Yato: ...

Seeing him right now was totally different from earlier when he seemed annoyed that I came to him asking him to teach me how to play basketball.

After our match against the senpai from Sudo's club they left...People in the gym were also about to leave...and the same for me since I'd done with what I was here for...But then Sudo walked toward me.

Sudo: Tsk it really annoyed me you know...

Yato: ...

I didn't say anything and just looked at him.

Sudo: If you really never played basket before well...that just makes you even more talented in everything than you already are!

Hearing this I just sneered...

Yato: I see...so that's why you were annoyed that I asked you to teach me how to play? Or it's for something totally unrelated to basketball?

Sudo: ...

He stayed silent a moment while looking at me directly in the eyes...he seemed to think about his answer until he just sighed.

Sudo: Sorry about that...you know with what happened recently I just didn't know what to think about you...but I quickly realized that it was stupid and that's why I apologized Fukazawa. You helped me more than once since the start of the year and I can't be mad at you about anything so...

He just extended his arm with his fist closed...

Sudo: Can we just forget about all this?

I just looked at his fist and sneered.

Yato: You're lucky that I have a shitty memory for those kinds of things!

I just bumped my fist on his while smirking.

He seemed relieved by this but I just continued to stare at him until...

Yato: But Sudo...are you sure you told me the whole truth?

Sudo: !!!!

His eyes widened a second until he started to scratch the back of his head annoyed...

Sudo: Ark...you may be really annoying at the end. 

He said this but he quickly regained his seriousness...

Yato: Well... it's just I have the feeling that what happened during the Class Poll isn't the only reason why you seemed annoyed by the fact I asked you how to play basketball.

Sudo: ...

He just turned around and started looking at some people from his club who were playing a little further.

Sudo: You know Fukazawa...are you proud of having a talent for study?

Yato: Oh?

I was kind of surprised by his question... I couldn't see his face since he was looking at the people playing... I hesitated a moment until I decided just to be honest with him.

Yato: My honest answer... not at all. Of course, I'm not denying my facility to study but still... it's not something that I really proud of. 

Sudo: Hahaha I see...

He laughed but I still couldn't see his face...

Sudo: You see... personally my skill at basketball is probably the thing I am the proudest of. I trained hard to have this level in this sport...

Yato: ...

He stopped looking at the senpai playing basket and turned around to look at me.

Sudo: That's why after seeing you Fukazawa... I might be a bit jealous of you... If maybe I could be talented as you... maybe she would have that much confidence in me as well.

Yato: She huh...

I see...that's the real reason why Sudo seemed annoyed when I asked him to show me how to play basketball.

Yato: You know Sudo...

As he was in his thought I just called his name...

Yato: Look close to the door of the gym...you see these people?

Sudo: Huh?

He just started looking where I told him... 

Sudo: These guys...wait they are not from Class-A?

I just smirked as I nodded

Yato: Exactly...they are from Class-A. 

I just started looking at them as well... Seeing that Sudo and I were looking at them they got surprised as they quickly left the gymnasium.

Yato: I'm curious Sudo... why do you think they were there?

Sudo: ...

He stayed silent a moment until his eyes widened as he understood...

Sudo: Wait... they were here to have information about us for the exam?!

I just sneered a bit amused at how much time it took it to realize...

Yato: Yeah and after what they saw today... do you think Sakayanagi's class stands a chance if Basketball ends up being an event chosen for the exam?

Sudo: If we both play they never have their chance...and now even by yourself depending on the player they have...you might have your chance alone if you are well supported.

Sudo finally started to understand the benefit of showing me how to play basketball...

Yato: You see I might not have been honest with you as well Sudo...

Sudo: Huh?

Yato: In fact, I came here today since Horikita asked me this...

Sudo: ...

Mentioning Horikita's name made Sudo react... She was the "she" he talked about earlier.

Yato: She asked me to come here to learn how to play basketball...in case I could play instead of you.

Sudo: I see...in the end, she has confidence in you...

I just looked at Sudo who seemed sad about this...but he didn't get mad or anything like that. Just thinking about the Sudo at the start of the year he would have overreacted for sure.

Yato: Maybe...maybe she has confidence in me...but she also has confidence in you Sudo.

Sudo: Huh?

Surprised he started looking at me.

Yato: She asked me this since she seriously thinks that your abilities at sports have a worth value during the exam. If she can use your strength aside from the basketball event it can be a possibility in her strategy. In fact, she might have more confidence in you than me in this exam...

Sudo: Fukazawa...

His eyes just widened and he didn't know what to say...

Of course, Horikita didn't tell me these words but what I said wasn't far from the truth... I just embellished what Horikita told me when she asked me to go practice at the sports events she chose to scare the A-Class with my abilities...

Sudo: In the end, you are a good guy you know

I just sneered as I thought about something else hearing these words

Yato: A good guy huh? Horrible...good...maybe you should all agree on one answer...

Sudo: Huh?

Yato: Sorry... I was talking to myself...

But aside from the task that Horikita asked me to do... I'm glad to have fixed my relationship with Sudo. He is someone who has potential and I didn't want that what happened during the Class Poll stopped him from continuing his growth...

But in the end... I was worrying for nothing since he had moved on from himself.

Of course, he seems still worrying about what Horikita thinks of him...That's why I decided to cheer him up a bit but...

Sudo: Anyway I need to go Fukazawa! See you later and if you want to train again before the exam just text me!

Yato: Yeah sure thanks for the help Sudo!

He just walked away when I realized that he told me to text him but I still don't have his phone number after a whole year...

In fact, I might have more phone numbers of people from other classes than my own class.

Yato: But anyway...

As I was standing in the gym looking at Sudo walking away my attention changed to the people close the door...

Yato: She followed me here huh?

I just started looking at the gym door and noticed a girl who seemed to be alone in contrary to class earlier.

Yato: ...

I hesitated a moment but since she came all the way here alone I decided to just walk toward the door... Seeing me walking toward her she walked away to wait for me a bit further probably.

I exited the gym and saw the girl leaning on the wall further away...

Yato: It's quite unusual for you to approach me at school Matsushita...

That's right the girl who was looking at me earlier in class was Matsushita... I haven't talked with her since the time I went with her to the grocery store to talk about the Class Poll.

Matsushita: Well... I wanted to talk with you about a few things. But here...

Shen then threw me something and I just cathed it

TAP

Yato: Hm?

I looked at what it was and it was an Ice Tea...She noticed my puzzled expression and...

Matsushita: Having your attention can be difficult so I bought you this after you played for a long time with Sudo-kun...

Yato: A Ice Tea huh...why you bought me this? I'm not a big fan of this, to be honest...

Matsushita: Oh seriously? It's just last time at the grocery store you were looking at the Ice Tea like a child who looks at some toys...

Yato: ...

Well Matsushita is a good observer I guess...

Yato: Thanks I guess...But yeah you have something to talk about with me? But why are you coming here? You still have my phone number?

Usually, when Matsushita wants to ask me something she texts or calls me...The last time she approached me directly but not at school... it was on my way to the dorm.

Matsushita: Indeed but I was also curious about what you're up to with all the things I heard about you recently. The fact that you go around the school sports club a practice a bit... I even heard that you played against president Nagumo-senpai during a soccer practice. Doing all this to scare and confuse even more the A-Class about our choice for the events we will choose.

I couldn't help but sneer...there was such a big gap in the abilities of comprehension between her and Sudo.

Yato: I see...and did it work earlier with the guys from A-Class who were there to spy on Sudo?

She just nodded

Matsushita: Yeah they were shocked to see your level as well... it might be complicated to them if basketball ended up being an event chosen during the exam. Knowing that you and Sudo can play along it will maybe force Sakayanagi-san to abandon the event of basketball and we can use this!

Again I just sneered... She understood what I was doing, of course under Horikita's order, but she also pushed the reflection even further. As she said it the exam has already started and right now the information is important. Knowing that if basketball ends up being one of the events... knowing that our class has two people who can play good basketball can maybe force Sakayanagi to abandon this event and use weak students instead...but on another hand, we can also use this and also sent weaker people just enough strong to beat the A-Class.

Matsushita fully understood the extent of this exam.

Yato: Indeed this will maybe play out during the exam... 

Matsushita: But the reason I came here is I was curious to know...do you act on your own initiative?

Yato: ...

I see she wants to know if I'm doing all this from my own desire to win this exam...but sadly...

Yato: Nah it's Horikita who asked me this...

Matsushita: I see...

She didn't seem disappointed...she probably expected it. At the start of the year, she would have been disappointed but after a whole year, she probably understood that I will not act as a leader figure for the class...not for the moment at least.

Matsushita: Then you have nothing planned?

Yato: ...

Matsushita: It's just... I want to be sure and not be unaware of your plan like during the class Poll Fukazawa-kun.

I see... Matshsutha was probably one of the few people in the class to still suspect that I did something during the class poll...

Yato: Nah this time I don't lie... I haven't planned anything to win this exam...

It was the truth... I didn't plan anything to WIN this exam... my deal with Sakayangi wasn't related to anything about winning this exam...

Yato: Anyway since I'm not the leader or the commander... taking action is very complicated and limited. The major part of the exam will depend on Horikita and Ayanakoji.

Matsushita: Ayanakoji huh...

Yato: ...

She mutters the name of Ayanakoji to my surprise... I remained silent and looked at her puzzled not to show anything since she was probably unaware of Kiyo's real abilities...but...just like I thought would happen...

Matsushita: By the way Fukazawa-kun...what do you think of Ayanakoji-kun?

I just keep my puzzled expression.

Yato: Ayanakoji? Well, not that much to be honest...he has always been close to Horikita since the start of the year so I talked with him a few times but my opinion of him is...neutral I guess? Why this question?

Matsushita: ...

She didn't answer me and just started to look at me as if she was trying to read me...but of course I didn't show anything.

But what I dreaded is currently happening... people starting to be suspicious about Kiyo. After what happened he really exposed himself a lot. Of course, Horikita covered him up but for someone like Matsushita, this wouldn't work on her...

Matsushita: I see... it's just... well I find him quite suspicious.

Yato: Suspicious?

Since she believed me she just gave her own reflection... I thought she would keep her suspicions to herself but she strangely decided to open herself up about her doubt to me.

Matsushita: Yeah...there are a few things that catch my attention. But after the class Poll... my suspicion became even stronger than before. As you said he has always been with Horikita-san and I remember at the start of the year when Ryuuen-kun and the previous C-Class were looking for a mysterious mastermind behind Horikita... at least you tell me it's you Fukazawa-kun who was behind all this... It might be Ayanakoji-kun.

Yato: Hmm...

I just put my finger on my chin and acted like I was thinking about all this...but I was thinking more about what I should do. As I said I really thought she would keep her suspicion for her and not share them with me...

Yato: I'm not sure of what you advancing, to be honest Matsushita...but there might be something as you said... so maybe just search for more information?

I decided to just accept her doubt without necessarily agreeing with her about them. Like this, if she wants to continue her research on her own it will be her choice. Stopping her right now after all the reflections she made will be more complicated than it seems...and worst I might just be suspected as well to know something.

Matsushita: Yeah... I will keep an eye on this for the moment. This exam will probably help us to have a better idea of Ayanakoji-kun.

Yato: Us?

So she involved me in all this in the end...

Matsushita: Anyway...

She just turned around and started to walk away but she stopped before being too far.

Matsushita: See you later Fukazawa-kun! 

Yato: Yeah sure

She then left...

Matsushita was one of the first to have doubts about Kiyo...maybe there are more unknown people who suspect Kiyo that I don't know...but it was obvious to me that there will be more and more in the future. He doesn't want to attract attention but he's doing the exact opposite... but I guess when you have a childhood friend like Sakayanagi...it might be complicated to want a peaceful high school.

Yato: Anyway...

I just turned around and started to walk toward the locker room to change myself. 

Yato: I will change myself and send a message to Kiyo about Matsushita being suspicious about him...

I changed myself but totally forgot to send this message to Kiyo...

.

.

.

Time skip

Yato Pov:

19 March, 3 days until the exam

Just as the class ended...

Horikita: Wait a moment, Hirata-kun.

Horikita called out to Hirata, just as he was about to head home for the day. It was the first time she had spoken to him since the Class Vote Exam ended. 

Yato: She told me that she was planning to not count on Hirata for this exam but still...the exam was in three days and without Hirata at his best it would make our battle against the A-Class even more difficult than it already is.

Hirata simply stopped in his tracks without looking back to face her.

Horikita: I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but just allow me to confirm something. You don't need to practice for any of the events our class chooses, and I'm not planning on having you do anything on exam day either. However, that might change depending on the situation. Sakayanagi-san is aware of your condition, so it's possible that she might throw in several events that require a large number of people. If that happens, what will you do? Apathetically hold all of us back? Or are you just going to do the bare minimum required of you? Can you at least answer me that?

Hirata: ...

All the class was waiting for an answer from Hirata...However, he didn't respond. 

Hirata: ...

He turned his head and our gaze met for a second until he just lowered his head again and the silence was broken by the sound of Hirata's footsteps as he walked away.

Horikita: So he won't even give me an answer?

Yato: ...

I just started looking at Horikita wondering if Hirata remembered the words I said to him two days ago and judged Horikita as not being able to be his support in all this...

Or that he just didn't care about my words and walked away without thinking about this...

Nene: Hey, maybe... Maybe we won't win after all... With Hirata-kun acting like this and everything.

Slowly more and more anxious whispers coming from some of the girls were heard.

But...

When all the girls remained at their seats, wondering what would happen since Hirata didn't seem to go back to his old self...

Mii-chan: Hirata-kun! Wait!

Yato: 123...it was the number of times she called him out like that...

But as I was looking at her leaving the classroom I heard my two neighborhoods talking.

Kiyo: Mii-chan still hasn't given up.

Horikita: Why she hasn't is completely beyond me.

Yato: Hm...Sudo would probably understand...

Both of them started looking at me... Kiyo probably understood what I meant by that and for Horikita...

Horikita: Sudo? How could he understand why she hadn't given up yet?

She of course didn't understand the meaning of my words.

Kiyo: Just focus on what you need to be doing, Horikita. Bringing Class C together and improving our chances of winning.

As he said this Kiyo got up and left the classroom

Yato: ...

I just looked at him walking away wondering what I should do... Kiyo leaving the classroom right now is not without any meaning...no if he left like Mii-chan is probably to see the current situation with Hirata and maybe...fixed it.

Horikita just got up from her desk and went in front of the classroom to try to cheer up the people who were worried that without Hirata we couldn't win...

But while everyone was listening to her... a man just got up from his seat as he didn't care about Horikita's words... it wasn't just a feeling... he truly didn't care about Horikita's words.

Yato: ...

I just looked at him leaving the classroom.

Yato: Sighs...

Seeing him leaving as well, I just got up from my seat as well.  I don't know what Kiyo is planning exactly to do but after seeing this man leaving the classroom... I preferred to follow him.

He was quite further from me but I managed to catch him up and of course, as I guessed...he was with three other people... when I arrived closer to them I started to hear what they were saying.

Hirata: Shut up. You don't even understand my situation...

Koenji: I don't know, and I don't care. However, I can make a guess. You won't make the choice to leave simply because it'll cause problems for your classmates. Isn't that right? What nonsense.

Mii-chan: P-please stop, Kōenji-kun! Hirata-kun didn't do anything wrong!

Mii-chan spoke up, eager to stop Kōenji's relentless badmouthing of Hirata. None of Mii-chan or Hirata noticed me walking toward them...I guess Kiyo has but I noticed Koneji took a quick glance at me with a smile on his face. He probably knew I was following him.

Koenji: Oops. It seems you aren't happy with what I've said. I do apologize.

Arrived closer to them I just stopped next to Kiyo while looking at them... And to my surprise, Koenji seemed to treat Mii-chan with a strange amount of respect.

Koenji: However, the sooner you forget about Hirata-boy, the better. He's beyond broken.

Hirata who seemed really annoyed by Koenji's words locked eyes with Kōenji and began to shorten the distance with him.

Mii-chan: D-don't, Hirata-kun!

Mii-chan sensed the obvious change in Hirata's energy and stepped in between the two to stop him, only to be shoved aside by Hirata with even more force than before. Then, without so much as a glance at Mii-chan, Hirata reached out at Kōenji with an extended arm.

He tried to grab Kōenji by the collar of his shirt, but Kōenji quickly seized him by the wrist with his left hand and suppressed his movements.

Yato\Kiyo: ...

Hirata: Kuh!

Koenji: I don't show mercy to those who come at me, okay? I don't want my beautiful face to get scarred.

Yato: ...

Usually, I would have probably said something...but this time I remained silent about this situation.

But in contrary to me who seemed to analyze the situation in an absolute calm...Hirata had An expression mixed with both pain and rage perhaps due to the strength of Kōenji's grip on his wrist.

Hirata: You're, you're so irritating Kōenji...!

Koenji: You're free to do whatever you want, but I see no reason to take orders from somebody who made a girl cry.

Kōenji let go of Hirata's wrist and glanced over at Mii-chan, who was once again back down on the ground.

Koenji: You're the one who knocked her over, so shouldn't you be the one to help her back up?

Hirata: That's not my problem anymore...

Koenji: Not your problem, hm? Well aren't you rather merciless

Mii-chan averted her gaze from Hirata, unable to look directly at him anymore... I wasn't there from the beginning but just by looking at this scene and Hirata's attitude... I know he probably said something that hurt Mii-chan.

Koenji: That's fine then. You're free to decide what you want, Hirata boy.

Mii-chan: Eh, wha, what!?

Kōenji gallantly swooped Mii-chan up from the ground.

Koenji: Since you aren't going to, I suppose I'll do the honors myself.

Koenji: Your heart has been broken, and moreover, you've even been injured. How about I help treat you?

Mii-chan: W-w-w-wha!? I, uhm, I!? I'm not hurt anywhere!!!

Koenji: Well, there's no need to worry. Despite my appearance, I'm exceedingly gentle.

Yato\Kiyo: ...

Kiyo and I just exchanged a silent glance before looking at Koenji again...

Hirata: Tsk...

With this sound of annoyance coming from Hirata, he just walked away while Koenji with Mii-chan in his arm began to start walking toward the dorm.

There was only remaining Kiyo and me

Yato: ...

Kiyo: ...

He didn't say anything... I didn't look at him and we both remained there silent without moving...

After a moment when Koenji or Hirata was about to leave my field of vision...

Yato: ...

I was about to walk toward the path that Hirata left but Kiyo stopped me by putting his hand on my shoulder...

Kiyo: Wait... I would like to take care of Hirata.

I just turned my head to start looking at him... his hand was still on my shoulder...

Yato: ...

I just lowered my gaze to look at his hand and he probably understood the meaning of my gaze since he immediately removed his hand from my shoulder...

Yato: Whatever...as long the job is done...

I just walked and picked up Mii-chan's bag that was on the floor...

Yato:  A depressed Hirata is not the best for the class...

I said this as walking in the direction that Koenji left with Mii-chan.

At first, I was about to go to Hirata to finish what I started yesterday...but if Kiyo manages to achieve the same result... I don't care. In fact, I should thank him for removing this job from me.

Yato: ...

I finally caught Koenji and Mii-chan when they arrived at the dorm entrance and Kōenji tenderly put Mii-chan back down.

Mii-chan: K-Koenji-kun, why...?

Koenji: Fufufu. Why indeed, hmm?

Instead of answering Mii-chan's question, Kōenji let show a smile while he started looking at me who was walking toward them.

Koenji: Well Well... and me who thought you were after Hirata boy?

Hearting this I just sneered...

Yato: Sorry but guys are not my thing Koenji...

I just passed him and handed Mii-chan the bag that I had

Yato: You forget this!

Mii-chan: Ah thank you Fukazawa-kun! W-Wait where did you come from?

Yato: Haha I just passed by chance!

I said this with a smile but before she could say anything else Koenji walked in front of Mii-chan.

Koenji: Anyway, you should give up on chasing after Hirata-boy today. I will be right here watching you until you get on the elevator, okaaay?

Mii-chan: A-alright

Even if she went to look for Hirata after this, she doesn't know where he went. Mii-chan gave up for now and got on the elevator in order to get away from Kōenji.

Koenji just took a seat on the sofa in the lobby as he watched the elevator going to the upper floor.

Koenji: Then...what can I do for you stalker-kun? You decided to follow me since I left the classroom?

Yato:  Well you see I was curious about your obsession with the poor Hirata boy...after all it's the second time in two days you ended up encountering him after he left the classroom? Are you perhaps fallen for the charm of our class model Hirata-kun?

Hearing my provocation just made him smile as if he was amused...

Koenji: Fufufu I will always be amused by how you can these conclusions can cross your mind Fukazawa boy!

Yato: Haha what do you want? I'm someone with a lot of imagination I guess! But you know Koenji... why do all these recent actions with Hirata? If my conclusion that you have fallen for the charm of Hirata boy is wrong...what could you win from this?

Koenji: Oh La la la...

Disappointed he just shook his head...

Koenji: I may have overestimated your ability to judge people Fukazawa boy! And me who thought we could understand each other at least a bit despite our rank...

The last part caught my interest...he was probably talking about his family and the fact I'm now under Mori.

Yato: Hahaha whoa don't reach a conclusion too fast Koenji! Judging an egocentric weirdo is already more complicated but one this is sure...is that in the end all that matter to him is himself!

Hearing this he just smiled as he clapped his hand a few time

Koenji: Bravo! Exactly I don't think about the class but myself!

Hearing this I just sneered while smirking...

Yato: So then...

I just walked to Koenji who was sitting on the sofa. Now in front of him I just started to look at him with a cold glance and a smirk.

Yato: Are you able to judge me? Do Koenji Rokusuke can judge and understand the person I am?!

Koenji: ...

For a rare time... Koenji's smile disappeared as he started looking at me...

Koenji: The person you are you said huh?

I just continued to look at him with the same attitude when suddenly...

Koenji: You know Fukazawa boy...do you even realize how troublesome your existence is for me?

Yato: Ohhh? Is that what you think of me?

I just sneered hearing this but to my surprise...Koenji's smile came back as he heard my answer.

Koenji: Fufufu I see... I'm pretty sure of it now. Even if I truly believe we are rather alike since we both think about ourselves first...

Saying this, he just got up and started to walk toward the elevator...

Koenji: I will listen to the advice of my father and stay away from people of your kind!

Hearing this I just sneered... 

Yato: I see... so I guess you can't understand me huh?

Koenji: Fufufu once again...

He then turned around to look at me a last time before going in the elevator and...

Koenji: Is that really your conclusion?

Yato: ...

For the first time against Koenji, I remained silent... I could have answered something but I don't know why... but I think I was missing something in his previous words...and I might misunderstand his statement about the people like me.

Koenji just left the lobby while I remained there thinking about his words...

I couldn't manage to find the real meaning of his words...

But it was normal that I couldn't understand them at the moment. But his words were going to make sense after learning something about myself that I didn't know yet.

.

.

.

Time skip

Yato Pov:

20 March, 2 days until the exam

It was the next morning after the incident between Koenji and Hirata.

I haven't talked with Kiyo since I parted with him yesterday but I couldn't see Hirata in the classroom yet. I don't know if he managed to help Hirata with the pain he had about the past he mentioned to me...but if he had not helped him... I will be kinda disappointed.

But when I thought about all this... he finally arrived in class. Everyone was reluctant to so much as look at him.

But...

Mii-chan: G-good morning... Hirata-kun.

Even with what happened yesterday...Mii-chan was the first one to go to Hirata... She seemed to force herself to smile.

Everyone's attention was on Hirata when he suddenly started to walk toward Mii-chan. She seemed surprised probably remembering the event of yesterday until...

Hirata: Good morning, Mii-chan. I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I've done something very terrible to you.

Mii-chan: Eh?

With a kind smile as he was used to have he said those words to Mii-chan which surprised her and the rest of the class...

When everyone's attention was on Hirata who seemed to act as before... my attention was on Kiyo. I don't know exactly what happened but it seems to have worked...

But when I was looking at Kiyo and was in my thought...

Hirata: Good Morning Fukazawa-kun!

Yato: ...

I just started looking in front of me to see Hirata standing in front of my desk with his smile.

Hirata: You know I wanted...

Yato: Stop this Hirata...

Hirata: Huh?

I just started to smile while looking at him...

Yato: I'm glad to see you have been able to get up stronger from your past!

Hirata: !!!

His eyes widened of surprised as he took a quick glance at Kiyo.

Hirata: I see...you haven't changed haha! Thank you Fukazawa-kun!

He probably remembered the conversation we had before I was interrupted by those senpais... even if I wasn't the one who was there to listen to his problem and be the one to help him...my words probably stayed in his mind and now that he feels better he probably understood what I was trying to say back then...

The exam was now in 2 days and our class had already made the preparation needed and the best thing that could happen for the class...Hirata was back to his old self.

Now our match against the A-Class was the only obstacle of our first year in this school.

.

.

.

A.N

That's it for this chapter! I hope you liked it!

The next one will be out today as well.

Thanks to those who read my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.8K 10
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's life hasn't been easy. After being placed in the white room for an experiment by his father during most of his childhood, he ev...
4.5K 127 17
With the goal and thought of achieving a peaceful school life in mind far from the experience of the White Room experiment, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will...
8.9K 277 4
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...
23.8K 917 12
This is a Classroom of the Elite (You-Zitsu) fanfiction that will focus on the characters reacting to their world from a different point of view (Sho...