My Soul Beloved(short tales)

By Sizzling__Soul

"IT'S SIMPLE THERE ARE NO BUTS IN LOVE MATE." ♥♥♥ 🌼... More

Prelude
Crave
🖤 Crave
Crave 🖤 Last
His Mate
His Mate 🖤 Last
Laying in wait 🖤 Last

Laying In Wait

140 4 21
By Sizzling__Soul

🖤🖤🖤

🖤🖤🖤

🖤🖤🖤

"Search every section, I want nothing to be left untouched." He said coldly to Miles. Miles was his beta who was standing just behind him.

"Yes, Alpha... Only the vaults are left." Miles moved behind his Alpha who was moving forward toward the laboratory. As they were reaching the place the smell hit their noses very hard. There were many warriors in their way shifting dead bodies and injured members or taking out all of the stuff from inside of the laboratories. Jungkook entered with his Beta and Delta John behind his tail. They found numerous varieties of machinery and heavy chemicals in the lab. By looking around they knew what type of experiments were happening there.

"Move everything out and destroy the machine," Jungkook spoke to one of the workers. He was about to move out when the breeze turned heavy and so many scents hit his nose. He was blocking them when he blinked in alarm.

One scent ambushed his scenes very hard. It was lingering very dimly in the air but he still felt it hitting his senses hard. He without thinking, moved out and ran towards the forest. He was following the scent in a daze, when he saw many of his warriors shooting up in the air, toward the helicopter.

He was ordered by the King to attack the warehouses of hunters and pecks who were also a part of it. This peck was also under observation when his spy reported to him. They were involved in the transfixing of mermaids and female werewolves.

They attached the peck immediately. They tracked many rouges wolves and hunters and killed them all, many were imprisoned for late investigation. But they were late...

He was too late to save her.

Too late as only her scent was lingering in the air. He was...

Not able to see,

Not to touch,

Not to hold her,

Her scent was there,

With the taste of blood.

🖤🖤🖤

"Alpha our clients are here."

"Alpha!"

"Hmm?"

"Our clients are here to see the constructional area," Miles spoke worriedly, not at all liking his Alpha's state.

When Jungkook didn't get up he signed and came in front of him. Petting his back he spoke again politely.
"If you want, I will go to the sight. You go with John later." Without a second thought, Jungkook nodded in gratitude toward his beta who was also his best friend.

"Thanks, Miles, I am currently not in the mood." He spoke as his voice came out very harsh. It was like he was speaking for the first time that day.

"I understand, and you don't worry. I will inform you at night." Miles spoke and felt his wolf saddened on his alpha.

Miles knew Jungkook's patience was ticking like a bomb. He would explode anytime. He knew Jungkook was not in his right mind to make any decisions for the pack. In those three years, he saw his alpha becoming quieter with each passing day. Those three years took a good turn and his alpha became distant from everything.

It was not like he was not fulfilling his duties. He filled them all, and even after losing his mate he fulfilled King's order and tackle down every backstabber into the hell fire. Jungkook made sure to provide a home to all the survivors. Many were transferred back to their land, except for one.

His Luna, who was nowhere to be found...

🖤🖤🖤

Jungkook was sitting in his office when again he was deep in thought.

His mental peace was nowhere, he knew he was becoming stressed and he need to let it all out to someone. But that only one was not present in his life who could calm him down.

He still remember only one thing.

And that was her scent.

One mate in life and that too was taken away. He remembered following her scent till the end where it was too strong. His wolf growled again remembering that scene when he found her scent on that mermaid.

They found a dead body of a merman in the forest. He was shot dead by those people. He was not her mate. Jungkook's wolf was sure of that. But still, it felt like he was somehow. And it tugged his heart as Jungkook felt her scent was most strong on him.

Three years were not minor to ignore. Not at all when his wolf would whimper every night for his mate. His wolf was an alpha of the most powerful peck in the world after the king's one. He found them all who were in trouble for years. Yet only her...

He knew she was alive.

But where he had to find out. And soon...

Because otherwise, he knew he would go insane.

With a knock on his door, he came out of his thoughts and inform the person to come in.

"Good afternoon Alpha. The car is ready, we can leave now." John informed without coming in. And waited for Alpha by the door.

Jungkook stood up while putting his jacket on his shoulder and moved out. They were going to the ship's port. As there were more rescuers coming today and those were the ones who would be taking place in his peck. They were in thousands of numbers.

Reaching there John moved out first as Jungkook saw all the buses loading up with all the wolves who were injured the most. He saw one child who was standing there looking everywhere and by looking around Jungkook knew someone left her there.

Without a thought, he moved out and took steps toward her. The small girl saw him and her eyes shinned in delight. Jungkook gave her a little smile after bending down and lifting her up.

"Let's get you to the nurse." He spoke politely and moved forward as the girl nodded to him. He was about to go back into his car after leaving the girl at the station. When his eyes blurred, he had to clench his jaw to control himself.

He was unable to take another breath, a little scared of taking her scent in again. But when he did, he felt like his heart stopped beating.

He moved towards her in a trance. Miles and John saw him moving toward the ship and got frowned looking at each other. It was not safe for him to be there as those weak wolves will get scared to death because of his aura. They both ran after him when they felt this strange tug in their hearts.

Jungkook's wolf growled in anger as he was reaching near the ship. Miles and John looked at each other in alarm while running faster behind their alpha. Preparing themselves for all types of situations.

Jungkook entered the ship and moved without wasting any second toward his mate. Whose scent was mixed with a lot of blood? It felt like he could taste her on his tongue.

He halted in his place when he saw some nurse injecting something into her. He growled in anger and couldn't stop himself from yelling at the nurse.

"Move out."

The nurse moved aside, leaving his sight. And there she was...

His sight touched each and every inch of her body. His eyes lingered on the green dress to each and every bandage wrapped around her body. He moved unconsciously and kept looking at her for a moment. It felt like time around him stopped, his eyes were moving from one part to another like giving himself a realization of her presence. So slowly he moved his hand towards her and touched her finger which moved a little taking his breath away. He knew she felt him as her breath got a little slow and then again steady.

He relaxed a bit seeing her breathing. Bending down on her, his eyes got misty, stroking her face, he felt her eyeball moving. He forgot why he was there. He forget how long he was there just looking at her. He let out his stuck breath realizing she could feel his presence. In no second he scooped her up in his arms and turned around. Miles was startled as he was peeking at his Luna through his alphas shoulder.

But surprisingly Jungkook didn't even glance at him and moved out. 

Only then John was also able to see Luna's glimpse. He stopped midway and looked behind and whisper...

"She is not looking alright, Miles." For the first time in Miles's life, he saw concern in John's eyes.

Jungkook back stiffed as he could hear them but choose to ignore them and walk. He reached his car whose door was already open. Sitting in carefully he settled her in his lap.

"Move." His voice was also in a rush. Like he wanted to fly over to his place and get her treated. His hands who were wrapped around his mate could sense her every pulse and every damage that was done.

Throughout the whole journey, he was on the edge as his wolf was biting him from the inside. Because of how bad the condition of his mate had. Jungkook wanted nothing but to treat her with his own hands and right away.

John made sure that everyone was ready at his home. He knew his alpha would never let his Luna stay in the hospital. They reached home and jungkook shoot out with his mate still in his arms. Running into his home he knew all the doctors were present already.

His room door was opened by one of the Doctors and he went in hurriedly and placed his mate on his bed. Without anyone saying anything, he took a step back as every doctor was examining her. After some time the nurses who were on the plane reached too and helped the doctors.

Jungkook stepped out and went straight to his office. He saw his doctor's hands trembling and he knew they were afraid of him standing.

But after not so long he heard her...

He heard her screaming...

Like a lightning bolt, he went into his room and the scene in front of him made his legs tremble. She was being held by all the doctors

Her bones were cracking as her screaming in pain was being heard by her corners. Looking closely it looked like something was moving in her skin.

The doctors pulled her up and took her to the bathroom and placed her in the already-filled water tub. After a while, she calmed down but was still shivering from the cold.

JungKook was beyond shocked. He was already afraid to lose her and now when she was this close, her condition was taking her far away.

He left when the doctors again caged her with the tubes. Their first priority was to heal her as soon as possible.

🖤🖤🖤

Why life was being this hard on him? Jungkook had no idea about that. But that moment was surely the hardest one of his life. He had everything but nothing.

He knew she was in a deep mess but didn't know what mess it was.

He came to know that whatever experiment they were doing on her, it was all those symptoms. Her body was changing. Her wolf was getting weaker. Her health was getting unpleasant. 

After three days of observations and reports, everything got clear. They tried to mix her wolf DNA with the merman. And now she was facing the consequences. The sample and a dead body of a merman which they found three years back, it was his DNA.

That was the reason they both were having each other's scent. They were not mates and only that thought gave peace to Jungkook's itching heart. It was really disturbing his wolf to know she was involved with anyone else. For all those years he thought they forced her sexually but his doctors confirmed that it was not the case.

They made sure to kill the last of those traitors and no marks were left behind.

For the whole three days, she was transforming little by little. Scales and tails were trying to build in her muscles.

It was horrible for Jungkook to experience her screams of pain every day. He wanted to rip himself but take her all pain away. It was outrageous to see your mate in that state. He was suffering for years and now he just wanted some peace in his heart.

She would always scream and moan in deep suffering and would pass out like a dead man. But no medicine was working on her. Doctors were trying everything, they even contacted many other packs but nobody had any idea.

🖤🖤🖤

Jungkook entered in his room after about four days as physicians and doctors would always present there with his mate.

Just today he made them all go home to take some rest, they all were in too much sadness over seeing their Luna in that state.

Her sweet scent was everywhere he couldn't help but bend his head on the door after closing it. He took a deep breath closing his eyes as her scent mixed in his scenes.

He moved around towards the bed where she was in deep sleep. Today no tubes were attached to her.

Jungkook's heart clenched as he sat beside her, stroking her cheeks. They were all pale, without any color. He gently took her hand in his warm hands and it felt like life had left her soul. A certain sadness enveloped him. He couldn't think of the things she went through.

He placed her head on his arms carefully and when she didn't move he moved her legs on his thighs and covered both in the blanket. Kissing her forehead he let his wolf heal her.

Luckily his wolf was sensing her wolf and he did what he had to do. He started healing her from the inside in a hope of life. In a small hope of getting back.

He kept looking at her closed eyes, which he was not able to see for eternity. Her scent was going into his soul with every breath he was taking. Her hand in his hand was as cold as ice and his hand was giving the warmer affection.

"Just be alright love." He whispered when he felt a tingle in his arm. He gasped and opened his eyes in a blink just to see closed eyes. He kept looking for like forever when they stirred.

His breath got stuck in his lungs and at that moment anyone could see the desire and longing in his eyes.

Her lips parted away for a second and then closed again. They parted away again and this time her eyelids moved. He felt it in his heart that she was trying to open them. He did exactly what he wanted to do next. He kissed her eyes one by one making her take a long breath. He kept kissing her eyes slowly, caging her body in his arms so she could feel his warmth.

His eyes glowed in gold as they met the grey ones. Mare sight of starking grey orbs was seeing him. She blinked making him lose his breath. His heart went into ease after an eternity. His heart was beating so fastly that he didn't even notice when she moved her hand and placed it on his chest.

He couldn't figure out how lost he was in her gaze that he missed the smile she had.

"You." His breath stuck at her mare whisper, making his wolf howl in joy and euphoria. After years of being born, he heard her that did nothing but send happiness to his soul. He couldn't even speak, couldn't even blink and it felt like he froze in his place.

"You l.look worr.ried."

"You got me." He didn't know how he blurred those words.

"I apologize." It was surprising that she could speak without any difficulty.

"Don't."

"You smell afraid." He sensed her getting worried and that only made him more alive of the fact that she was fine.

"I am afraid."

"I will be fine. I will endure everything."

"You must or I will never..." He couldn't even utter as again a little sadness enveloped him. The little hope he had was increasing with every second seeing her breathing normally. He couldn't understand why she was this calm.

"Mizuki..."

"Huh!" It felt like a very foreign word to him.

"M.my name..."

His face held nothing but pure bliss as he heard her name. He was taking it again and again in his heart. But was not able to say it out loud yet.

"Mixuki..." It was a mare whisper by Jungkook but Mizuki felt like he shouted it near her ears. And a smile broke on her face sending bliss to his heart.

Because every other time it crushed him to death when she would open her eyes and scream all night. Why not now?

"Keep touching me." She whispered as she encircled her arms around his neck making him go stiff and alarmed. He never expected her to be this fast with him. To be this relaxed and not anxious like she was with every other one.

His chain of questions broke when he felt those cold lips on his cheeks making his sight blurred. His chest heaved in panic as his mate rubbed her cheek with his and pressed her body into his front.

Without any second thought, he wrapped his arms around her and made sure to not leave any space between them. Dipping his head in between her neck and shoulder he felt all his worries fleeing away.

"You ease my pain, your wolf... He is healing me from inside." She rubbed her nose on his neck only that was visible from the clothes he was wearing.

An Alpha was the most powerful of them. Most threatening and dominating person in the peck. She could feel his powers which were more stronger than any other alpha she ever encountered. Somehow she knew he was one of the strongest ones by the aura he had around him.

Somewhere in her mind, she was feeling vulnerable around him. It was not like she was not strong or anything. It was the situation and time that made her lose her confidence.

Tingles arose in her body making her purr in his arms. Forgetting about all the negative thoughts she focused on her mate. Who was busy in rubbing her back with one hand and her legs with his other one. She blinked in pure bliss when he started brushing his cheek with her. His pointed nose was caressing her little nose. Only his touch made her forget about everything that happened in her past.

Whenever she opened her eyes in those labs she wished to be in his arms. She wished to be protected by her mate but sometimes those thoughts were the opposite. Of her not finding him to not make him suffer with her. At one point she was wishing for death because she felt so humiliated that so never wanted her mate to see her.

But now...

When she was near him, it made her believe that it didn't matter how she looked. It didn't matter how worse her past was.

What mattered was the peace she was going to have in her future.

"I am here. I am never leaving you. I will protect you for my life because you are the only one that matters to me." Jungkook spoke near her ear. He wanted to speak so many words, wanted to make so many confessions.

But he stopped himself because he knew he has his whole life to tell her. To cherish her.

🖤🖤🖤

After a while, he called the doctor to check on her because she was awake for more than two hours and wasn't even in pain.

He was so embraced in her that he couldn't hold the time. He was cursing himself for not letting the doctors check her the moment she woke up.

When the doctor give her a green check he realized a full breath of relief. He was with her the whole moment. Surprisingly she didn't react at all, not even flinched when the doctor gave her the vital injection. On the other hand, jungkook was glaring at the doctor when he came forward to hold his mate's arm.

She was looking at him amusingly when he made her have another bite. It was after the doctor left that Jungkook made dinner and now...

He was feeding her with his own hands.

"Fine, I never like it when someone touches what is only mine to touch." Giggles left her mouth hearing his confession. Her ear turned red feeling the tickling sensation due to the awe look he had in his eyes hearing her voice.

"Much protective."

"I won't come to your throat but Yes, I am." They were naturally talking to each other. Mostly her asking him about his pack. Which made her realize what she was into.

That pack was one of the most powerful packs in the world. There were four in the total first one was of King Alpha and under him, three leading Alphas were working including her mate. His pack was the main source for training and academics compartment.

Jungkook was playing a major role in providing higher education and training discipline in all of the packs around the world. The other two leading alphas were handling other departments like conflict attacks and war equipment, giving protection and residence.

He asked her about her home in between. But she dismissed his questions making him understand that she never wanted to return back. She was in an orphanage and was living in a small pack with a little organization of pups.

"To be honest strangely I'm not thinking about anything or anyone. I feel like I am at home." She looked at him like she got her all answers.

Her community was only distributed to orphanage children whose parents were killed in attacks or died in accidents. That faculty was providing everything for those children. She remembers the day she was taken with many of other children from the orphanage. Yes, she had friends in there but everyone was dealing with their own traumas from their lives. Many of them got adopted and some left because they wanted to live free. But she stayed there because the faculty was protecting them and providing them with good shelter.

"I don't want anyone after my mate because every day of my life was in your thoughts. We are taught that our only hope is our mate. That day they were taking me away in that helicopter and I smelled you. Every day felt like an eternity without you. I stopped all my thoughts and imagined you only,  even your smell settled peace in my heart." She stopped talking as she felt a little tug in her chest. She ignored it and kept looking at her mate who was showing nothing but pain in his eyes making her feel uneasy because she never wanted to disturb him.

The tug in her heart grew slowly and she felt like heating up, she felt the pain going down and only then she started to make herself calm down. But the pain was growing up.

Jungkook noticed her unsettled body and shifted toward her. "What happened? Are you all right?" He touched her arm in concern and he too felt the need to kill himself or make her pain free.

"I.I.. am feeling pain... it's paining me." She reached out to him and grabbed his both arms and tightened her hold not wanting to let go of him.

"Let me call the doctor..."

"No stay here" She let out when Jungkook was about to stand up and leave her. She never wanted him to leave her sight, She was afraid that something would happen to her and the only thought that came to their mind was to just ask him and she uttered.

"Jungkook mark me." Her words made him still in his place.

"What!" He got lost in his mind. Feeling his wolf agreeing with his mate whose name was still unknown.

"Yes, I want you to mark me. If something happens to me now, I want your mark on me. At least I will be happy to die in your mark." Those words were like a stab to his heart. Making a threatening growl leave his chest.

"You are crazy, nothing is going to happen to you you are going to live. You're not going to leave me. Okay, do not even dare of think about it and let me go get the doctor or..." How brutally she spoke those words made him get angry with her. What was she hell thinking?

"Jungkook..."

"No one is dying here. Not you.
Fight it. Fight your pain, you are my Luna, you are strong enough to be alive for my mate." He calmed himself down a little to push her. Why she was thinking so negatively? Was she tired of life?

"No, Jungkook just mark me please I'm requesting you If you think of me by any means just do it." She was shaking and greeting her teeth in an attempt to stop her cries.

"MARK HER WE WILL HEAL HER BETTER. HER WOLF IS ALSO WEAK." For the first time, his wolf spoke too but he replied with a log,

"WHAT IF WITH MY MARK SHE WON'T MAKE IT? YOU KNOW AN ALPHAS MARK IS MORE PAINFUL THAN ANYTHING." Jungkook was more than concerned than anything because he knew how much venom he had in his fangs.

Mostly Alpha pairs do the marking on the night of the blood moon because only then the female can survive. So the alpha waits till the full blood moon to mark their mates. Jungkook was afraid that she was not stable enough and was in pain. What she will do when he will also give her pain of the mark? The pain could kill her.

"Jungkook look at me, just do it. Just don't think of anything... just do it." She was by now in his lap and was holding his face in her palm. She cried out in pain again, hiding in his chest. Her whole body was whimpering due to the severance. He was afraid...

Afraid for her.

"I never wanted to do it like this but your wish is my command." He spoke and kissed her forehead, a long still kiss. Tightening his hold on her when she whimpered in his grasp.

In seconds his fangs were touching her skin, making her skin burn in distress. She couldn't see the look he had. A look that only spoke of insurance and protection for his mate.

Digging deep into her throat he tasted her blood and felt every vein in her body getting tighter.

Scars...

Many scars were made in her memories. The smell of her hair, the taste of her mouth, and the feeling of her skin seemed to get inside his heart and mind. Every pain, every crazy attempt of running away, silently waiting for her mate. She was the strongest survivor he ever encountered.

She had no guilt, no fear.

She could feel how all his energy was wrapping around her. She felt a strong boundary building up around her, it was like a shield of protection.

Peace

She felt at peace when all her pain was long gone. She could only see those black dots forming in her sight.

🖤🖤🖤

Chapter 2 soon

🖤🖤🖤

Here again with another chapter. It's fanfic for my sister because she is crazy about Jungkook.

I hope she likes it.

I am trying to write the next chapter soon but it becoming difficult to write when you have a cluster of situations in your head.

Make sure to leave a comment to let me know how it was.

🖤
🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661K 20.8K 70
A black independent, feisty black woman finds herself applying for a job in New York at hospital as a plastic surgeon with her best friends applying...
7.2K 273 23
Cadence LeRoy had met him. Mr. Right, Romeo, the absolute love of her life that stole her breath with a single glance. She had him, a ring on her fi...
71.3K 7.1K 23
Manik, 3 years younger than his sister Navya. Nandini, best friend of Navya. Manik, calls Navya as di but calls Nandini by her name. WHY..?
9.3K 179 11
No hate to any character. About the names idk why I kept these names I just wrote whatever came in my head🤧