A Wicked Smile

By InvisibleThreat

It's been around half a year since your friend, Frisk, as you recall, managed to do something that broke the... More

Catching Up
Some Company
Small Issues
Small Issues [P2]
The Return
New New Home?
Morning!
Sick
Schooltime!
Running Late.. Or going dead?
Labored Breathing
Rising Up
Hazardous Knowledge
Something Hidden
(Un)Pleasant Talk
Everlasting Nightmares

One Day

636 28 7
By InvisibleThreat

"Ugh.." I woke up, being blinded by the sun that already rose above the horizon. I threw off my blanket, standing up and stretching.

I desperately wanted some coffee.

Although, I recently read that drinking coffee in such quantities as I drink it is harmful to my health.. Welp! I don't give a damn. I live under the same roof with a princess with the habits of a sadist. If you think about it like that, it's more likely that she will kill me way faster than a caffeine overdose.

"Good morning." Chara spoke which made me jump to the side.. I fell to the floor with a loud thump, letting out a mildly irritated groan.

She snickered, offering me a hand to stand up.

"I.. forgot that I allowed you inside the house." I said awkwardly, taking it and standing up.

I looked down at my body, my face growing warm with the faintest of blush.

"Turn around." I said, her making a displeased 'hmph' sound. Though she complied.

I quickly took on my jeans and socks, grabbing my phone and stuffing it into one of the pockets.

Come to think of it, I haven't slept this soundly in a long time. Maybe I felt comfortable in her presence? Comfortable enough not to wake up in the middle of the night and stare at the ceiling for half an hour, trying to fall asleep again. On the other hand.. Maybe I was just exhausted yesterday. Another thought instantly came into my head, and this time a light blush covered my face. I turned my gaze back on Chara.

"You watched me sleep?" I asked, while she giggled.

"Hmm.."

"That's not at answer." I insisted on my question, but after a second it became obvious that Chara would not answer me.

Ugh, whatever.

I went down the stairs towards the kitchen, now grabbing a cup and turning on the electrical kettle, awaiting for it to boil some water.

While doing this I also grabbed some eggs and sugar, taking a whisk and mixing them all together.

"What are you doing?"

"Cooking some pancakes."

I responded to Chara's question, now dropping a portion of flour into the mix and continued on.

The kettle already boiled some water, so I turned it off.

While dividing the dough I made into small portions and dropping them on the frying pan, I continued humming a tune.

"Alright, here's the coffee.." I said, placing the cup aside.

I now returned towards the pan, as few of the pancakes were made already. I dropped them on the dish and placed the pan aside, walking towards the refrigerator to grab a bottle chocolate syrup.

I poured some on the pancakes and left them on the table, now placing the bottle back where it was and shutting the refrigerator, turning around just to see Chara already finishing the pancakes I have made.

She had a bit of chocolate syrup left onto her nose and cheeks, which made me giggle.

"Next time just tell me when you're hungry, will you?" I grabbed the coffee cup, taking a sip out of it.

She hummed a 'mhm', still chewing the remains of pancakes I have made.

I continued to look on her face to a point when our eyes were locked.

"What?" She asked curiously, as I silently pointed towards my cheek.

She realised it likely, wiping off the syrup and consuming it.

"And also your nose." I smiled lightly, taking a step closer and wiping it off from her nose.

"Here ya go, much better." I said as her blush became even more noticeable.

"That's something I could call cute." I said, her face almost entirely turning red.

"Shut up!" She squeaked, burying her face into her arms she crossed over the table.

"We humans call such things a compliment." I said, chuckling.

She buried her red face even deeper into the sleeves of her sweater and fell silent. It seemed worth changing the topic, since she didn't want to continue the conversation.

I smiled at this, finishing my coffee and placing both the dish and the cup into the dishwasher.

"Thank you." She mumbled.

"Hope you liked it."

"Up for a walk?" Chara raised her head up, nodding.

I stretched both of my arms out, to very possible extent. It was a pretty nice day outside.. Infact, the first one that Chara would spend outside, on the surface after.. Actually, her first "walk in a park" trip ever since she got in the underground.

Making my way to the hall, I made sure to pull on my grey-colored hoodie.. It was cooling outside, especially in the morning.

"Alrighty. Let's go then." I said, opening front door wide open.

Chara hurried along, making her way out of the household. Seeing her childish grin I smiled, closing the door behind me and taking the lead.

15 minutes later

For a long while we kept telling eachother various stories.. Though It was mostly me talking about my life.

"You know, sometimes I wonder how didn't you die yet." She said after the whole storytelling. I smiled, and pointed my finger towards my eye.

"One day I messed up with a group of bastards that bullied Frisk regularly." I said, seeing her face turning dull a little.

"And back then I thought I knew how to resist."

"So what?" She spat out in annoyance.

"Uhh, well." I ran my fingers through my hair, chuckling. "When the ribs grew together, and my eyes could see.. I woke up in a hospital."

She smirked at this, though I still saw her concern on something. For a second I thought that she was worried about what happened to me after the fight, but after a moment everything fell into place.

"And what happened to those bullies?"

"They're likely out of town now. Not because of that, their parents were sort of the "rich ones" if you can call it that. So they found a better place to live I guess?"

"And you didn't want revenge?"

"Welp, they fucked off from Frisk and the others, so I think I achieved a victory.. With the cost of my health."

"Huh. Not a victory I would like."

"You'd prefer them to be half-dead, crawling and begging for mercy?"

"Precisely."

I almost laughed at this. Yeah, well.. What could you expect from a sadistic demon?

I pulled a heart-shaped necklace out of my pocket.

"What's that?"

"Something that Frisk gifted me after that." I said, looking at it. "As far as I understand, it patches you up a bit when you're entirely screwed up.. That may be the reason I didn't die at the hospital."

She didn't say anything, crossing her hands again and silently walking near me.

"Do you want some Ice Cream?" I asked, awaiting for Chara to respond.

"If it's with chocolate.." She spoke quietly, and I took that as a yes.

"Alright then!" I said, walking up to the ice cream man, ordering one.

I gave him the money and awaited for him to give me the change.

When he handed me one, I returned to Chara and offered it to her. She took it quickly.

"And what about you?"

"I'm not hungry yet." She smirked.

"As you wish. Bore." She made an ugly gesture on her face before starting to eat.

We simply walked down the path, and that's when I saw Frisk.

"Uh-oh." I said, slightly pulling Chara by her sleeve, getting her attention.

She almost instantly saw her, turning invisible and probably hiding behind a tree.

"Oh, [Y/n]!" Frisk waved, coming closer.

"Hey there." I said.

"Haven't seen you in a while." She smiled, and I responded with a small grin. "You're looking fairly better."

"Yeah, sort of.." I said awkwardly, scratching the back of my head. "Thank you."

"Are you heading somewhere?"

"Well, I planned to go towards the lake and just waste the rest of the day there doing nothing. My usual routine." She nodded before looking towards the town's direction.

"Ambassador's stuff?"

Frisk nodded.

"Welp, then I won't hold down the government official any longer!" I said, making a light bow.

She giggled. "See you soon!"

As she left, Chara already stopped hiding and catched up with me. Her face didn't represent anything but annoyance, and that's when I realised what could be the issue.

"Oh, wait a minute!" I snickered. "Don't tell me you're being jealous!"

"And why would I be jealous?" She asked, her face yet again becoming red a little.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"Pathetic."

"But still a reason for your concerns, huh?" My snicker grew into laughter with Chara's blush growing visible.

"Don't worry, my attention towards friends is equal." She smirked.

"Or perhaps someone who you consider more dearer than a friend?" She said quickly, probably without thinking.

"Dearer than a.." I realised the meaning of her words. At that moment I felt how my cheeks were turning red.

"My god, of course not!" I said awkwardly. "Frisk is like a sister to me!"

"And now we come up with excuses, don't we?" She mocked me.

"I never felt anyhow romantic towards Frisk, and I don't think I will." I cut it off.

"I told you that I had some feelings to an other girl and that was it, it didn't even turn out in a single kiss."

"aNd tHaT wAs iT!"

"You know what?! Enjoy your ice cream! I'll just spend my time alone if you're feeling that bad speaking with me!"

I said, speeding up and heading towards the lake.

What the hell is wrong with her?!

Chara still tried to follow me, which pissed me off even more.

"Hey, wait a minute!"

"Just screw off already!" I almost yelled which made her stop for a second, but then she just followed me, again.

I approached the lake and saw a free spot where I could sit, now turning there. Chara seemed to disappear, but I guess she just lost me for a moment.

I sat down and sighed.

"And what was good in getting her out of the Underground.?" Covering my face with my hands, I heard footsteps.

"[Y/n].." She said, approaching.

"Chara, please.."

"I'm sorry."

I turned my head in pure confusion.

"I thought-"

"No, no, you're right." Chara sat down near me, sighing sadly.

"It's just.. You're the first one that speaks with me and well.. The first one who doesn't creep out." After her words I blinked a few times, still being unsure if it's not me who asks for forgiveness. "I'm just afraid I'll be left out alone again."

I smiled before placing my hand onto her shoulder.

"Hey,"

Her face had a desperate look, as if she was about to get thrown into the lava pit by some executioner.

"Chara.. You are the first one I find really interesting to talk to. And you are sort of the first one who doesn't mock me for being myself.." I started, now chuckling. "But you still call me a human, which is somewhat insulting."

"And I wouldn't want to lose such a great conversation partner and a friend."

"So, uhm.. I rarely give promises, but.."

I laid my other hand towards my chest.

"I promise I won't leave you." I smiled, watching her eyes beam with hope again.

I liked that.

"Promise?"

"Yup!"

She almost instantly wrapped her hands around me, pulling me into a hug.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!" Chara repeated one phrase and her grip grew tighter with the each repeat.

"N-no problem!" I managed to squeeze out, now trying to loosen her grip for a little "But you're c-crushing me!"

"Oh!" She said, now letting go. Her face was still slightly red. "Sorry."

"No, it's fine." I said, snickering. "You're really way stronger than a regular girl, and that's cool!"

She nodded, raising her head with some pride if I could say.

"But no more envy! Promise?"

"Promise."

Around 4 hours later

The sun was already setting, and it was time for us to return home. Though Chara still sat down there, watching the sun turning out light tricks on the surface of infinite blue.

My Mom used to take me here when I was a child, and we sort of did the same.. Just enjoyed life.

Until one man decided that he could change it.

"Chara." I nudged her lightly, but she didn't react.

"Chara!" I repeated one more time.

Took me a while to understand that she was already alseep.

"And who told me about all that demon stuff?" I asked her, already knowing that she wouldn't respond.

I ran my fingers through my hair again, thinking of how could I get her awake.

Or maybe I should carry her?

Well, trying to wake her up seemed easier, but it was pointless. She wouldn't turn back from her dreams even if a truck exploded right near her.. Even though Chara told me that she does not feel cold, I saw her shiver and took off my hoodie, pulling it upon her.

I raised her from the ground as gently as I could and, to my surprise, she wasn't that heavy as I previously thought.

She didn't wake up, but instead giggled softly and poked her head into my chest.

"How smart.." I whispered to myself, heading towards my house.

We've been.. No, wrong. I've been carrying her for a long while before we managed to reach our home.. All these people and monsters gazing on me, being generally surprised with my doings.

When we arrived, the moon was already on duty, weakly shining over and forming up barely visible shadows. Carefully opening the door, I headed towards the Sofa.

I placed her there for a moment, taking off her boots. Then I lifted her up again, heading towards my bedroom.

"Good night." I said quietly.

Chara turned to the side and continued sleeping, and I took another short trip from the living room towards my bedroom to take her boots, because my Uncle would've suspected things.

"Oh.." I yawned, now looking back into the night. "Maybe watching the stars before my sleep could shake off stuff.."

Leaving the house, I didn't lock the door. It's not like I would be here long enough anyways..

I walked up to the first bench and sat down there, gazing into the sky.

And that's when I thought.. People back in the past dreamed to know what is behind that horizon, what are those stars?

Now they know a tiny bit, but still want more.

"Hello there."

I looked towards my left, hearing a familiar voice.

"Greetings, Sans." I responded.

"What are ya doing out here, at night?" He asked curiously. "You know, you can freeze to the bone."

I chuckled, still looking at the sky.

"It's not exactly that cold."

"Yeah, it's not."

"Why did you come here?"

"Hmm.." He lazily yawned, with his mouth still being shut, and a smile on his face (or skull?) being visible..

"Just to ask if you didn't see anything suspicious." He responded somewhat coldly, which sent shivers down my spine.

"What do you mean?" I tried to make up a confused look, though my concern was surely hard to hide.

"Well, you know.. Maybe strange monsters, or strange people?"

"I see one right now." He snapped his head towards the path, as of trying to see the same I do. "And currently that skeleton is trying to interrogate me." I responded.

"Oh, no. I'm not trying to," He put his hands up in defense, his grin now decreasing a bit. "Just asked if you did."

"You know I'm not trying to get into any sorts of trouble." I responded as he nodded.

"That's good." The skeleton stood up, stretching. "But y'know, keep an eye out. Strange things happen." He said which made me confused a bit.

"W-" I tried to ask, but the skeleton already disappeared. "Yeah, he's gone now."

I stood up and headed back towards my house.

Did Sans mean her?..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.2K 27
I just want you guys to know that this is my first story on Wattpad, and yes Chara and Frisk are both girls. If you don't like it, then leave. I work...
772 17 25
"In this world, its kill or be killed" - Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the two rac...
6.3K 334 14
✿ ❝Even if you go far away, I'll be by your side.❞ ✿ ✿ ❝遠くに行っても私はあなたのそばにいます。❞ ✿ ╔══════ ♥ ══════╗ Four years have passed ever since the last 'reset'...
12.9K 263 29
Y/N was the eldest of the royal family. Her life was great. She was turning 16, the age where she'll be able to help her parents with royal duties, a...