RED QUEEN | DAEMON TARGARYEN

Od isa-tnj

"It's my duty, my God-given birthright and my crown." - Mary, Queen of Scots In which Valyria Targaryen retur... Viac

RED QUEEN
ACT I | HALCYON
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
ACT II | PĀX
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
ACT III | RETROUVAILLES
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
ACT IV | BELEAGUER
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
ACT V | POLLEŌ
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTET FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
EPILOGUE
THE END

CHAPTER SIX

10.1K 476 117
Od isa-tnj

THE SECOND OF HIS NAME
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

116 AC, Dragonstone

The flight from Dorne to Dragonstone only took a few hours. Once the ancestral seat of House Targaryen could be spotted beneath the clouds, Ānogara dove down. Valyria held on tightly to her saddle and felt the wind wip against her face.

The moment the great scarlett beast landed on the ground, dragonkeepers arrived. But before any of them could do much, Valyria had slid down from her saddle and was jogging towards the castle. Her sole purpose was reaching her daughters as quickly as possible. Some of the servants stopped and watched in surprise as the princess ran through the hallways of Dragonstone. No one knew that she'd  be arriving back so quickly. At times it was like people forgot they had dragons.

"Muña?"

She stopped dead in her tracks at the soft voice and turned to see Cyrenna standing there. The youngest out of her two daughters ran towards her and Valyria crouched down in time to catch the golden haired girl. "You are back," Cyrenna smiled brightly.

"I am, sweetling," Valyria said, looking over her daughter's face in search of any injuries. "Where is Elara?"

"She-," Cyrenna looked down for a moment, like a child caught stealing cakes. "She has already snuck out. I distracted Serra and Cecily, so she could leave." One thing about Cyrenna was that she was too sweet for her own good and never could lie to her mother. "She did the same for me earlier. But we've got dragons now muña. Much like you, Nyra and Daemon!"

"So I have been told," Valyria smiled. When she had received the message that both her girls had claimed a dragon she had been worried because she didn't want them to do something like that alone. Claiming a dragon wasn't the same thing as owning it. Especially when it came to claiming a dragon, even a Targaryen needed to be cautious. "Could you show me where Elara is?"

Cyrenna nodded, took her mother's hand and started leading her out of the keep. "Aunt Cecily said Vermithor used to be ridden by your grandfather, King Jaehaerys," Cyrenna said, looking up at her mother.

"That is true," Valyria nodded. "Grandfather even allowed me to ride with him once. He was very old by then - and I very young - but Vermithor is one of the dragons with the most tolerance for new riders and their companions. He will make a fine companion for you, sweetling."

It wasn't Vermithor she had worried about.

After descending the stairs carved into the cliffs, they walked across the rocky terrain of Dragonstone and Valyria caught a glimpse of her daughter's new companion long before she could see Elara. "Cyrenna, could you stay here and wait for me to get your sister?"

"Why?" Cyrenna frowned.

"Because - well, some dragons can become a little angry when there are a lot of people. This is just to be safe," Valyria told her gently.

Never one to argue, Cyrenna sat down on a rock and started humming to herself. While Valyria didn't want to leave her daughter alone, she didn't want to bring her with her either. Therefore, she continued her walk and a breath of relief escaped her once she noticed a golden head in the distance.

The dragon noticed Valyria's approached first, his menacing green eyes watching her closely. Valyria immediately stopped in her tracks, not moving a finger in fear of what the dragon would do. Elara noticed how the dragon's attention had shifted and when she realised where, an excited grin appeared on her face.

She ran towards Valyria and jumped into her arms, "Muña, you are finally back! I've claimed a dragon! Cyrenna has bonded with Vermithor as well."

"I'm proud of you both," Valyria said and it was true. Her daughters might carry the Lannister name, but they were Targaryens. Dragons and not lions.

"Would you like to meet him? He is a little grumpy - but I just think he needs a friend,"  Elara didn't even wait for her mother's answer before dragging her back towards the awaiting beast.

The Cannibal...

That was what the locals called him. A large black dragon with menacing green eyes that some rumours claimed had roamed Dragonstone since before the Targaryens arrived. Others claimed that he was born around the same time as the Old King. What everyone could agree on was that the Cannibal was the largest and most menacing out of all the wild dragons on Dragonstone.

"Muña, this is Cannibal. Canni, this is my mother, Princess Valyria," Elara introduced her dragon like he was a person.

"A pleasure," Valyria said at the lack of a better response. She spoke with Ānogara all the time, but that was different.

Elara let go of Valyria's hand and walked over to pet the Cannibal's face. The dragon - who always was antagonistic against the other Targaryen dragons, and that as his name suggests would practise cannibalism, feasting on dead dragons as well as newborns and eggs - purred like a kitten.

"Sweetling, I am afraid I left Cyrenna waiting for us. I brought both of you a few gifts from Dorne," Valyria told her daughter. This was enough adventures for one day. "Say goodbye to – Canni."

.•° ✿ °•.

116 AC, King's Landing

"The Cannibal?" Viserys asked, horror mixed with shock lacing his words.

"The very one," Valyria nodded, setting down her wine goblet on the table in front of her. They had returned to King's Landing again in time for the hunt to celebrate Prince Aegon's second nameday. The night of her arrival, Viserys had invited her to dine with him and Alicent. Only now Alicent was even further along in her pregnancy and therefore had opted not to attend. Rhaenyra still avoided her father like the plague, so it was just the two of them.

"I was terrified of that beast, growing up," Viserys told her.

"Me too," Valyria confessed. "I don't know if it's possible to get a saddle on him. No one has ever managed to tame him, except for Elara. At least Vermithor is approachable. Did you find it terrifying when Rhaenyra first started flying Syrax?"

"Of course I did," Viserys told her. "It's a part of how we Targaryens grow up. Our first steps, our first words are followed by first flights."

"I miss the first steps," Valyria smiled sadly.

Dinner went on for a little longer and they started to speak about her visit to Dorne. "Prince Qoren still holds the crimes of our ancestors against us," Valyria explained, a little disappointed by her own failure. She was certain she'd be able to convince the dornish prince to leave the Stepstones.

"I actually received a letter from Prince Qoren today," Viserys told her.

"You did?" Valyria was a little surprised by that since Qoren didn't seem too excited by an alliance with the Crown.

"I did. He claimed to have been rather impressed by you," Viserys explained. Then he sighed deeply, "So impressed that he has asked for your hand in marriage."

Valyria almost choked on her dinner.

At first she thought Viserys must be joking. But he seemed far too serious - grim even - to joke about such matters. The frown on his face was enough to tell her that the proposal had been a serious one. She had thought Prince Qoren jested when he proposed to her.

"And in exchange, Dorne will leave the Stepstones," Viserys continued. Valyria was silent after that, thinking over his words. She could end this war easily, but it would cost her her freedom. "I know I promised you that after Lucien you would be allowed to choose your husband and I don't want to force you into another marriage, but-"

"Otto Hightower is eager to get rid of me," Valyria concluded. "And victory in the Stepstones is something that would benefit all of the Seven Kingdoms. My personal happiness is insignificant in comparison to the benefits an alliance with Dorne could bring."

"Before I make my decision, I want you to think about it," Viserys told her, sounding guilty. He was giving her the opportunity to think about it. If she accepted the betrothal, it would be easier for Viserys to please his council and the realm without crossing her. If she told him she didn't want the marriage, Viserys would have the final say.

"I will," Valyria told him.

"Maybe you can choose your next husband?" Viserys made a lame attempt at a joke. "If Prince Qoren dies before his time, you may marry whomever you want - should you choose to accept his offer now."

"Whomever you want," Viserys nodded. "Find a man of noble birth with a good name, and I won't stay in your name - for as long as you don't kill the Prince of Dorne for it."

"Do you really take me for a woman who would kill her husband for another man?" Valyria asked, a little offended.

"No, I take you for a woman that would live the rest of her life in misery if it made others happy," Viserys smiled gently at her. "You are selfless. A rare trait here in court. ."

.•° ✿ °•.

The Small Council chambers were filled with courtiers eager to shower the King with compliments for him and his son.  "He has your hair, Your Grace," one of the noblemen complimented and the rest of them laughed heartily.

"He does have my hair," Viserys agreed with a fond smile.

"He has your eyes, Your Grace," another nobleman stated and Valyria didn't bother to hide an eyeroll.

"Yes, he does," Viserys chuckled along with the rest of the people in the room. "And you have my nose, don't you?" he asked Aegon playfully.

"That poor thing," Valyria joked, brushing the hair away from Aegon's forehead. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Otto Hightower speaking with his brother, probably plotting something. It didn't take a genius to figure out what it was. With Aegon's second name day, his infancy was behind him which posed the question if he was the suitable heir. "Hopefully, he will grow out of the nose."

"Your Grace, Princess Valyria," Tyland Lannister said, gaining their attention. He bowed before the King.

"Tyland," Valyria smiled at her former good-brother. Out of the twins, Tyland was definitely less annoying than Jason who sometimes made her want to push his head through a wall.

"I bring urgent news from the Stepstones," Tyland informed them. "The Crabfeeder has dug in for siege on Bloodstone while his men sabotage our fleet under the cover of dark."

Valyria's mind immediately went to Daemon. She hadn't heard anything from him in three years and every time someone bore news from the war that didn't contain the news of his death, she was relieved. She also couldn't help but think about Qoren Martell's proposal; one that could end the war.

"Not today, Tyland," Viserys told him while little Aegon babbled on.

"The matter of the Stepstones is regrettably urgent," Tyland stated nervously, looking over at Valyria for help.

"It's been three years, it can wait another three days," Viserys said with a forceful smile. He then walked over to the table where a large feast had been set. "Come, eat! Fortify yourselves for the journey."

"The matter is urgent-"

"You don't have to convince me, Tyland," Valyria told him, nodding her head towards the King. While he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else, Tyland prepared himself for another attempt to speak with the King. Not wishing to miss anything, Valyria followed behind him to where Viserys was putting food on his plate while speaking to Lord Strong.

"With the Triarchy now sheltering in Bloodstone's caves, the threat of the dragons is blunted," Tyland explained carefully.

"They don't have foot soldiers?" Viserys asked pointedly.

"Yes, but their sellswords have been withdrawing in droves, Your Grace," Tyland informed him. "Even the mercenaries can see that it's a losing effort."

Ignoring Tyland, Viserys turned to Ser Criston Cole and angrily asked, "Where is Rhaenyra?"

"I cannot be sure at present, Your Grace," he whispered.

"The Velaryon forces have suffered heavy attrition, Your Grace," Tyland continued. "The seeds of dissent are sown amongst the rank and file. Daemon has driven the men hard. They have begun to question his command."

"Who could have thought that would happen," Valyria snorted.

"If the crown were ever to intervene-"

"Tyland," Viserys said firmly.

"-now is the time," Tyland finished, bowing his head in respect.

"Daemon and the Sea Snake started their war without His Grace's leave," Otto Hightower joined the discussion. "Were he to intervene now after so long it would make the crown appear weak." He then threw a glance at Valyria, "Especially when there are other options."

"Could someone tell me, where in the Seven Hells Rhaenyra might be!" Viserys asked angrily, ignoring everyone once more.

"I have a feeling this hunt is going to feel much longer than three days," Valyria sighed in annoyance.

.•° ✿ °•.

116 AC, Kingswood

"Well isn't this splendid?" Viserys asked the women inside the royal carriage as they rolled down the Kingsroad towards the hunting camp that had been set up. A hunt to celebrate the Prince's nameday. "The whole of our family off to celebration and adventure in the Kingswood."

Just then they drove over a hole in the ground causing the entire carriage to rock, "Just splendid," Valyria agreed, trying to lift the spirits. Aegon was seated on her lap, always craving her attention whenever she was close.

"Should you be travelling in such condition?" Rhaenyra bluntly asked the heavily pregnant Alicent.

Alicent shifted in discomfort, cradling her belly, "The maester said that being out in nature would do me well," she forced a smile.

"I don't think he would if he ever had been forced to travel in this thing," Valyria said distastefully. "I am now warning everyone that I will ride or walk home."

"Well, you will be with your own child sooner than late," Viserys said to his daughter while looking at his son on Valyria's lap, "and make me a proud grandsire."

"It's not so bad," Alicent told her, trying to make conversation. "The days are long, but Aegon came quickly without a fuss."

When Rhaenyra decided to not respond, Valyria said, "I know two who came slowly and with much fuss."

"Yet, you love us," Elara stated proudly from her seat next to Viserys.

"Most of the time," Valyria joked.

"You should ride out with me today," Viserys told Rhaenyra. "Join in the chase."

"I'd rather not," Rhaenyra said with disinterest. "The boars squeal like children when they're being slaughtered. I find it discomforting."

"It's a hunt, Rhaenyra," Viserys reminded her while Aegon babbled with Valyria and Cyrenna who sat next to her mother. "How would you like to participate?"

"I am not sure why I must," Rhaenyra stated, sounding bored.

"Because you are my daughter. The Princess," Viserys forced another smile. "And you have duties."

"As I am ceaselessly reminded," Rhaenyra muttered bitterly. Valyria didn't bother covering up her eye roll at the princess's immaturity. While she had some cause to be bitter towards her father and Alicent, Rhaenyra never put any effort into doing anything. She was bitter over how no one saw her as the heir, yet she put no work into proving herself.

"I am sorry?" Viserys asked, daring her to repeat it.

"As I am ceaselessly reminded!" Rhaenyra repeated loudly.

"You wouldn't need to be reminded if you ever attended to them," Viserys said pointedly. "Instead you leave it all for Valyria to take care of."

"No one is here for me," Rhaenyra said, successfully ending the conversation with her father.

"I recall bits and pieces of the celebration on your second nameday when everyone was there for you, Nyra," Valyria said gently. "And every celebration after that when I have attended and participated in the activities despite no one being there for me."

.•° ✿ °•.

Without seeing anything that happened outside the carriage, Valyria realised they had reached the camp when cheers rang outside. Shortly after that, the carriage pulled into a stop. Viserys was the first one to step out to receive the love from his subjects, closely followed by the heavily pregnant Queen Alicent.

Since Aegon had refused to let the nursemaid take him from Valyria, she carried him out on the carriage on her hip. Cyrenna and Elara were luckily big enough now to walk on their own. Hobert Hightower, Otto's older brother called out, "Hail, hail Aegon, the Conqueror-Babe, Second of His Name!"

"Do you want to go to kepa?" Valyria asked the babe, grinning at him while handing him over to Viserys.

Meanwhile, Hobert continued, "Here is to His Highness, on his second nameday!" Viserys held Aegon up in the air and the people around them applauded. That's when Valyria noticed the absence of Rhaenyra who had yet to exit the carriage.

"Lyr-a!" Aegon babbled on, still held up in the air. He held out his arms, like he wanted her to carry him again.

"Your Grace," Jason Lannister stepped forward, bowing before the King and Queen. Then he turned to her, "Princess Valyria, sister," he stepped forward to kiss both of her cheeks in greeting. "You have grown even more beautiful since the last time I saw you."

"Thank you, Jason," Valyria smiled. Jason had always been kind - if a bit flirtatious, with her. But he was harmless. "Cyrenna, Elara, say hello to your uncle."

"Uncle Jason," the girls said simultaneously. They probably didn't remember much of him since they had left Casterly Rock when they were young. Due to Tyland's position on the Small Council they were more used to him.

"My favourite nieces," Jason said, smiling down at them. Then he turned back to the King.  "Please, allow me to show all of you into the tent. I've had food and drinks prepared for your arrival.

.•° ✿ °•.

Cyrenna and Elara had managed to convince Valyria to allow them to visit the horses with one of the Kingsguards while the rest of them entered the large tent that had been set up, filled with tables and couches for the royal family and the court.

Alicent was ushered to sit down and ladies surrounded her. Valyria desperately tried to avoid having to sit down and gossip with the old ladies. Therefore, she walked around the tent with Cecily and Serra; that was until she noticed Rhaenyra had finally arrived.

Unfortunately, walking closer to Rhaenyra meant unintentionally coming closer to the Queen and her company Ceira Lannister was telling the others about the latest rumours, "Lady Joanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones."

Lady Ceira Lannister was the widowed mother of Jason, Tyland and Valyria's late husband, Lucian. Needless to say that she wasn't overly fond of Valyria after she had decided to take her only granddaughters with her to the North.

"What will happen to Lady Johanna?" Alicent asked, horrified by the news.

"She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities if you believe the rumours," Lady Ceira said.

"Having seen her betrothed, that might actually be an improvement," Serra whispered and Valyria had to hold back a laugh.

"I fear the Gods did not make me for hunting," Larys Strong, the Lord of Harrenhal's second son, said, gathering everyone's attention. Larys Clubfoot some called him - due to his limp. "Might I sit with you, my ladies?"

"But of course, please join us. Larys Strong, the youngest son of our Master of Law, Lord Lyonel," Alicent said graciously.

"My Lord husband says that no King has ever been able to tame the Stepstones for long," Lady Lynesse Hightower  claimed. "It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages."

"Perhaps the Princess can give us some insight," Lady Ceira said, having noticed Rhaenyra listening in.

"I am not sure how I could," Rhaenyra smiled awkwardly. "I have never been to the Stepstones."

"Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war," Lady Ceira pointed out. "Is he not?"

"Unfortunately, there is no one that can give any insight into what is going on inside what you claim to be the 'great mind' of Daemon," Valyria said, announcing her presence as well. "None of us have spoken to Daemon in years."

At her arrival, Ceira pursed her lips. Valyria liked to think her former good-mother was the only person in the Westerlands she hadn't managed to charm. Probably because she wasn't the perfect little obedient wife to Lucian.

"Since Princess Rhaenyra supplanted him as heir," Lady Ceira offered a fake smile.

"Daemon made his choices, Lady Ceira," Alicent came to Rhaenyra's defence. "The Princess was more suited to the role."

"He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it," Lady Joselyn Redwyne said, petting her little dog at the same time. "Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good."

"But the Crown is not at war," Rhaenyra reminded the older lady.

"The Crown - is at war, Princess," Lady Joselyn stated. "Though your father refuses to admit it, we have been dragged into it by your uncle and The Sea Snake."

"And how have you served the realm of late, Lady Redwyne? By eating cake?" Rhaenyra sassed before walking away. Valyria was about to follow her when she was interrupted by Lady Ceira.

"Where are my granddaughters?" she asked. "It's been such a long time since I last saw them."

"They are visiting the horses with Tyland," Valyria explained. "And you are welcome to visit them here in King's Landing anytime you wish, Ceira."

"My darling Lucian would have wanted his daughters to grow up at Casterly Rock, in their home," Lady Ceira said, looking down sadly at the thought of her dead son.

"And my daughters would have wanted their father to be alive," Valyria retorted. "But he is not, and while it pains us all, we must adapt to that." With that, Valyria turned to walk away and see where Rhaenyra had disappeared to.

"Did I mishear everything in there, or did you actually defend Prince Daemon there for a moment?" Serra teased her. None of her ladies knew about Valyria's encounter with him or what had happened between them. It wasn't that Valyria didn't trust them, she simply didn't understand it herself and therefore the last thing she needed was anyone else finding out about it.

"No, I argued that he doesn't have a great mind," Valyria said. "And I defended Nyra."

"But you are considering Prince Qoren's proposal?" Cecily asked. "To end the war and save Daemon and the Sea Snake from losing it?"

"I want to end the war for the realm," Valyria argued, trying to convince herself more than them. "No one benefits from losing this war. Not to mention that Rhaenys deserves to get her husband back alive and well." After a moment she added, "Saving Daemon from his own stupidity is a side-effect."

"But you will make sure he knows you won him the Stepstones, won't you?" Serra smirked. "It's not in your nature to allow Prince Daemon to forget anything he does wrong."

"You make me sound very petty," Valyria pointed out as they exited the tent. She searched the grounds for a silver head; it was usually fairly easy to spot a Targaryen in a crowd. When she finally spotted the princess, she said, "Poor Rhaenyra, trapped in the clutches of Jason."

"You should almost consider not saving our young princess," Cecily noted. "There must be a rule that if you are unfortunate enough to get trapped by my dear cousin, you are on your own."

"Rhaenyra has never met him before. She probably didn't understand the danger she was in until it was too late," Valyria snorted and walked towards her former good-brother and the princess. For some reason, the two of them were staring out into the air, while Jason spoke.

As she got closer, she could hear Jason say, "I don't have a Dragonpit, of course, but I do have the means and resources to build one. My brother was planning on doing it for his wife before his death."

"Why would you need a Dragonpit?" Rhaenyra asked, turning around to look at the Lord of Casterly Rock once more. Valyria cringed, understanding what was going on and in that moment she wanted to smack Viserys in the face for being so stupid. Had it not been enough to sell her to the Lannisters, would he now throw his daughter into the lion's den as well?

"To house dragons, of course," Jason said, not catching onto Rhaenyra's sharp tone. "I'd do anything for my Queen – or – lady wife."

"Thank you for the wine," Rhaenyra smiled forcefully, handing her cup to Jason before walking off once more.

"Such a heartwarming proposal," Valyria said sarcastically. "I hope you realise that Rhaenyra probably has no idea of whatever possible union that has been discussed with the King."

"Valyria, sister, I did not know you were there," Jason said, clearly surprised. When he recovered, he stated, "The next Lord of Casterly Rock was meant to have Lannister and Targaryen blood. Princess Rhaenyra and I would simply be finishing what you and Lucian started. This is what he would have wanted."

"I doubt it," Valyria told him. Then she was once again trying to catch up with Rhaenyra. Ever since they arrived, Valyria felt like she had been one step behind the princess the entire time.

She returned to the tent just as Rhaenyra decided to confront her father. Viserys was visibly agitated already when he said, "You are of age, Rhaenyra. And Jason Lannister is an excellent match."

"He is arrogant and self-serious," Rhaenyra whispered.

"Well, I thought you might have that in common," Viserys snapped at his daughter. While Valyria didn't prove of the way he was handling the situation, she had to hold back a laugh at his retort. Mostly out of surprise since Viserys usually was above such remarks; he left them to Valyria and Daemon.

"Since you came of age, I've been slowly drowning in a lake of parchment flung from every corner of the realm. Marriage proposals, all. And I've tried often," Viserys' voice grew louder, gaining the attention of more people, "to discuss it with you, but you have refused me at every turn."

"Perhaps this is a discussion more suited for a more private setting," Valyria tried to pacify the situation before it grew out of hand. The last thing any of them needed was another scandal.

"That is because I do not wish to get married!" Rhaenyra snapped back, ignoring Valyria completely in her angered state.

"EVEN I DO NOT EXIST ABOVE TRADITION AND DUTY, RHAENYRA!" Viserys yelled angrily at her.

"Excuse me, Your Grace," Otto Hightower cut in just as Rhaenyra was about to shout back. The King and Crown Princess turned to see every single person inside the tent silently watching them. For once, Valyria was grateful for Otto's presence.

"You must marry," Viserys finished, giving his daughter a look that told her that it wasn't up for discussion. Then he turned to his Hand, "Yes?"

"The royal huntsman has sent a report, Your Grace," Otto informed him. "There has been a sighting of a white hart. The stag is the 'King of the Kingswood', Your Grace. A regal portent for Prince Aegon's nameday."

By the time Otto had  finished speaking, Rhaenyra stormed out of the tent once more. Sighing in annoyance, Valyria followed her. She got out of the tent the same second Rhaenyra mounted a white horse.

"Rhaenyra don't-" Valyria tried to stop her but the young princess dug her heels into the horse's side and rode away. The first instinct Valyria got was to follow her. That was until she spotted Ser Criston standing outside the tent.

"Ser Criston, follow Princess Rhaenyra!" Valyria commanded him, deciding it was for the best.

"As you command, princess," Ser Criston ran over to another horse and mounted it. He rode off after Rhaenyra. Everyone in the camp was stunned to see the Princess of Dragonstone leaving the camp at high speed with one of the White Swords trying to catch up with her.

"I can't blame her for having this reaction after finding out she might have to marry Jason," Cecily stated, trying to bring light to the situation. There was little love lost between the two cousins after all. "But politically, this was a terrible move for her."

"Sadly, Rhaenyra has yet to understand that being the named heir doesn't mean you can do whatever you wish. Every single lord and lady of the realm questions her every move simply because she is a woman, it's not wise to give them more to gossip about."

__________
Sorry for another long wait😅

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

44.2K 1.4K 21
"You look just like your mother." "I guess I do carry her tenderness well." "You both have the same eyes." "We are both exhausted." "And the hands."...
172K 6.7K 52
❝ There was a feeling of inevitability when I met you. And our lives were fated to converge like some cosmic dance. And I think I had to break your h...
92.2K 3.5K 28
Aella Targaryen wed on the anniversary of her father's death. To her cousin, nonetheless, continuing the long-standing tradition of her family to mar...
276K 8.7K 59
"Why you must make me bleed my love" said Daemon "For it bring me nothing but joy" Replied Aelana * * * * When Aegon I conquered the Westeros with hi...