š…ššš„š„šžš§ šƒšžš¬š¢š«šž ||...

By ThaliaMornn

(REWRITING) Everything in her life feels like hell until she meets the one who caused it, a guy who she finds... More

IMPORTANT
PROLOGUE
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|

|23|

192 12 4
By ThaliaMornn

A Second Chance
|23|

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

Cam and I parked across the street from Mia's house, I hopped off the motorcycle, removed my helmet, and stared at her house, which was flashing with party lights throughout the windows, party curtains hanging everywhere, and people drinking and playing beer pong outside while BlocBoy JB featuring Drake's Look Alive was blasting through the speakers. Is she throwing a party in her house?

"She's throwing a party?" Cam asked, reflecting my reaction.

"Yeah, this is a bad idea."  I said as I turned to face Cam.

"Wait, you needed to talk to her, remember?" Cam reassured me as he placed his hand on my arm.

"Yeah, I changed my mind." I grabbed Cam's helmet.

Cam helped me unclip the strap from the helmet, "Alright."

"Are you fucking kidding me? (Y/n) is that you?" Hearing that familiar voice from behind me made me almost freeze. I looked over my shoulder and saw Jerry's group approaching us, holding a Corona bottle drink and boasting. Michael, the guy I had regrettably dated since ninth grade, called my name.

Michael looked at me first, smugly smiling, before shifting his gaze to Cam, giving him an up and down look and saying, "I see your taste is pretty low now."

Cam simply reacted with amusement, arching his brow and cocking his head to the side, and he mimicked Michael by gazing up and down as well, he replied, "Speak for yourself and your Corona." Michael's group scoffed at his comeback. Michael turned to face me with a questioned look of— Really? You and this guy?

"Nah, I've noticed that after seeing you, Mikee." I sneered, a grimace on my face. Michael's group chuckled as I responded. You know, in reality, as soon Michael tried to stand next to Cam, you will see how he reveal himself to be a pussy. Please, I just remembered Seth talking about Cam punching him, and I was still stunned. I also feel bad for Seth though, and I'm curious how that happened.

"Oh, I missed you calling me that name." Michael smirked slyly, casting a glance at Cam to check his reaction, but Cam's stoic expression remained, amused. I just grimaced, a little embarrassed, and shook my head in response, yeah, I'm not wasting my time here and he needed to get out of my face. Michael laughed harshly, and saying "Wait, did Mia invite you? Or are you here to set her house on fire and kill one of us again?" pointing me with his drink.

"Freak." sniggered one of the guys behind Michael.

"(Y/n) didn't kill anyone." Cam stated outrightly, taking a step forward as I predicted and having to stop his approach to Michael when I grabbed his wrist, "I'm actually here to talk to Mia." I asserted, and squeezing Cam's wrist to keep him calm, because we can't both be frustrated here and make a scene over this one stupid guy.

"(Y/n)!" I heard my friend, the one I used to call every weekend in Sword & Cross. Sherry was approaching us. "Hey, fuck off you guys, you're ruining the party, she's innocent, the court already declared that." she said as she pushed Michael and his group away from us. Yeah, innocent by setting fire to Jerry's house without remembering anything.

Michael clenched his jaw, staring at Cam and saying, "Careful! She bites!" while holding a bottle of his drink up to him, "Wooh hoo!" his group mockingly cheered and snickered when one of them made a childish sex moan "Aw, Mikee."

What the fuck? I stormed out, my hands clenched in rage, but Cam grabbed my arm before I could attack Michael, but he was doing the same, his green eyes flaring up to him in disgust, which shocked me, Cam was about to attack when Michael gave me a malicious look. "Cam!" I grabbed Cam's arm, made him to stop throw his hands to the unworthy vile piece of shit I called my ex.

"How did you date that piece of shit? He disrespects you." Cam's furious eyes locked on Michael, watching him turn around, stumble over a red cup on the grass like a toddler while returning to the party with his group. Cam's lips pressed into a grim line, as if if I hadn't been there to stop him, he could've attacked and shown Michael how to respect a woman by throwing his fist to his face.

"People changed, showed their true colors." I grimly stated, regretting that I used to date Michael, he was nice at first when I first met him as the "New kid in school" until he hung out with Jerry, and his true colors showed up with hunger for wanting only one thing about me, but I was a naive girl, so I had part of the blame by dating him because I was a whole different person before. When I looked up at Cam, his eyes averted, as if he was green with envy, until he caught me staring at him, at which point his expression changed.

"Fucking assholes," Sherry glared, then turned to me, her expression changed, her eyes lit up to see me, she jumped and hugged me. "Oh my god, (Y/n), I missed you!—."

"I missed you too." I wrapped my arm around Sherry and patted her back. I managed a small smile while catching my breath to keep my cool. When Sherry let me go, she looked up at Cam and smiled, as if she thought the guy I was with was handsome. Well, Cam is, after all. "I see you have a... company." she said, a tight-lipped smile on her face.

"This is Cam." I waved my hand over Cam, he nodded at Sherry, smiling little while catching his own breath after being furious with Michael a moment ago. Sherry was nodding slowly at me, raising her brows as waiting for me to say another word, I darted my eyes at Cam, "My friend.— He actually gave me a ride to get here."

"Aw, that's so very, very sweet of you to be a good friend, Cam." Sherry patted Cam's arm, and clearly teasing me as she pinched the sleeve of the leather jacket I was wearing, knowing it wasn't mine and Cam noticing it. "And that's a pretty cool jacket you've got there, huh?"

I shook my head, preventing a blush on my cheeks, "Cam, this is Sherry, my friend." I waved my hand over her, and they both shook hands by introducing themselves, Sherry excitedly shaking his hand as she finally met the guy I'd told her about over the phone calls. "It's nice to meet you, Sherry." Cam said, warmly smiling.

"I heard a lot about you!" Sherry smirked softly, giggling, and making my eyes widen and give her a warning look as I turned away from Cam, gritting my teeth and mouthing "Shut up."

Cam arched his brow, dipping his chin to look down at me, smirking softly, and I raised my hand over his face, waving him off before he could say anything, "Hey! Anyway, is Mia in her room?" I asked swiftly. That's how undecisive I am. I didn't think I was ready, but I was, and besides, I'm here now, and I should be grateful to Cam for giving me a free ride just to get here.

"And why are you looking for me?" Mia approached us, holding a red cup of beer, making my smile fade, and she glanced at Cam before looking down at me, adding, "Why are you here, (Y/n)? And who's with you?" She quickly glanced over her shoulder, checking if everyone saw her talking to me, which some did.

"Hi, this is Cam, my friend."

"Oh, another broken to fix, I see." Mia said, making me roll my eyes from her snub as I predicted. "But he's very cute." she said, smiling sarcastically, but her eyes were brimming with hatred.

"Hm." I slightly nodded my head and sighed as I proceed, "I'm just hoping that you give me a second chance and forgive me." I said straight to the point, but I wasn't sure if that came out right.

"Fine, I forgive you, (Y/n). But I won't forget about what happened."

"Mia, I'm really sorry, I was drunk—."

"You have to get out of here."

"Wait! I'm sorry, but nothing happened between-."

"No, I was talking about how I got hurt, (Y/n)," she said, pulling up her sleeve and revealing the bandage wrapped around her burned skin. "That fire traumatized me, I'll never forget being trapped in that room after leaving you alone in there with him."

"What? Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Seeing Mia in such pain made me feel even worse, and more guilty. "Is it bad?— I, I didn't know, I'm sorry, Mia." I feel so stupid right now, words can't express how much this hurts me, and I didn't even mind her last statement.

"You have to get out of here right now." Mia said again, warning me as she took another cautious look around her house with people, some of whom began whispering behind their drinks and hands. I couldn't comprehend how Mia was hurt because of me, because of me? My head ached, my eyes were glittering with more guilt.

I swallowed a hard lump in my throat, looked at Cam, who was standing next to the motorcycle waiting for me to return, and I quickly wiped a tear from my left cheek. "Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't know you were having a party." I almost stammered, my heart twisting, before turning on my heel and sensing Sherry frowning deeply as she watched me go.

Mia sniffled, remorsefully watching me walk away, she groaned and made me pause, "Hey, wait!" She winced, trying to hold back her angry tears as she regretted cutting me off after the incident, and actually missing me and our friendship, she walked towards me as I grabbed Cam's helmet. "I hope you can forgive me too. I was such a bad friend and denial, I should've listened to you and not left you alone with Jerry harassing you." she faltered, her eyes glittering, her nose reddened, she seemed more guilty than I was. Cam and I exchanged glances, he was taken aback by Mia's last statement.

"I forgive you." I choked back my tears and gave a sad smile, but when Mia's eyes welled up with tears, I wanted to comfort her, but she waved her hand away, pushing me to continue wearing Cam's helmet, and as I sat down on the motorcycle seat, wrapping my arm around Cam's abdomen, Mia and I both said our last goodbyes by nodding our heads with little sad smiles on our faces.

I guess that closure went well, but the friendship we had is now a memory, Mia wanted to focus on her image and school life, and I didn't want to ruin that, so I guess that was our final goodbye. Breaking up with your best friend was the worst thing that could have happened to you than ending a toxic relationship. However, our hatred has finally come to an end.

***

I looked around the empty town outside the window, every store closed and as quiet as dead, with no one around except for this diner mostly near the Sword & Cross, with people around having drinks and chatting with their friends in this place that straight up from the 1980s with the black and white tiled floor. Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" was playing in the background, making my finger tap in this mug to the beat as I spaced out.

A haze of smoke twirls around the hot chocolate drink topped with marshmallows. I blew it before taking a sip, and the warm, rich chocolate spread all over my tongue, warming my body in some way.

Cam sat across the table and motioned to the old waitress with his finger, as if he was used to staying here every night. When he turned to face me and saw me staring down at my drink blankly, he grunted softly, "Do you want to talk about it?" He paused as I lifted my head, seeing my eyes damp.

"I was a really different whole person before getting in Sword & Cross." I wiped my nose with my knuckles, averted my gaze, Cam was staring at me, as if he'd rather listen to me than Tears For Fears, with his "Hm." By letting me continue, and I did, "You know, when you're an only child with busy parents who don't spend quality time with you...— you become this mess, who's easily influenced by everyone you meet in your life.— And it happened to me after my grandma passed away, she was the only one who took care of me while my parents are away in their busy lives, but my mom only cares if it's convenient. Sure, we're wealthy, but that doesn't mean we're a perfect family."

"How about your dad?" Cam's order was served by an older waitress, who placed two platters of burger and fries on the table.

"Oh, I don't know, he's really difficult to read. Sometimes he cares and sometimes he doesn't, but this time, he doesn't care at all." I took another sip of my drink and pointed to the other platter in front of me, saying, "You didn't have to."

"My treat, and besides, I'm sure your stomach wasn't satisfied by the mashed potatoes and chicken soup from dinner."

I shrugged and grabbed the two fries, "Thanks, I guess." chomped it carefully as I was recalling a traumatic memory, "So, about what happened in the fire incident that I was accused of." When I returned Cam's gaze, his green eyes were locked on mine, he was willing to listen in every word I said, "I was having fun at first, drinking and dancing until I lost Mia in the party, couldn't find her, and I was so very drunk that I ended up in someone's room." I intertwined my fingers over the table next to the platter, staring blankly at my shackle, "And Jerry, Jerry was the guy Mia liked, but I find him a dickhead, honestly... I didn't know it was Jerry who entered the room, I thought it was Mia, and the worst part is, Mia saw us together in the bed—, and I didn't,— I never asked for it, you know? But—"

Cam exchanged a look, hating how he knew what was going to happen next. "He was too strong that I— I couldn't escape from his force,— he um," I gulped before continuing, and as I looked back at Cam, he was staring down at his own platter, his jaw clenched. "He almost did something without my consent until the fire happened, the fire came out of nowhere but I assumed it was from the fireplace, and it caught him, that's how he died, they said,—people think I pushed him in the fireplace and caused the fire to spread the house." I gave my head a shake, trying so hard to remember if I really did push Jerry.

"Hey,—" Cam lifted his gaze to mine, sincerely, he placed his hand on the table next to mine, lingering to hold me but he couldn't for unknown reason. When he moved closer, his hand caressed mine and he added, "All of that wasn't your fault, (Y/n)." Cam looked at me as if he wished he could have saved me but it was too late. And just looking back at his eyes gave me a sense of awe as well familiarity, and I wanted to say, 'I swear, I have met you before', if only I could spill those words in front of him, but I don't want to sound weird and insane. A green tint in Cam's eyes, it's as if I've seen a beautiful and peaceful meadow with a light bloom sky and a clear blue ocean. It felt like home. I feel home.

As the old waitress returned to our table, she gasped as her tray with two glasses of water that she was supposed to serve us fell to the ground and smashed all over the floor, breaking our eyes-locked. "Oh dear! I'm sorry, there was a large insect flying around me!" she exclaimed, terrified.

My cheeks flushed just like Cam's, pink dusting over his cheeks as our eyes-locked separated, and when I looked down and saw the mess, I immediately took action to help the poor old waitress by picking up every broken piece of glass, "It's okay, let me help." I picked up this glass broken piece shaped like a leaf or feather, and when I placed it on my palm, a big terrifying brown insect that resembled a grasshopper landed next to my foot and startled me, accidentally pricked the skin of my fingertip "Ah!" I hissed in a little pain and dropped the broken glass, causing the insect to flee.

"Oh no! Don't touch those!" exclaimed the elderly waitress, covering the broken pieces of glass on the ground with her towels before carefully picking them up and placing them on her tray.

Cam grabbed his unused napkin as I stood up, watching my fingertip bleed. "Here." Cam gently covered my cut, and I held the napkin, stepped away, muttering, "I got it, thanks." I looked up at Cam, who looked concerned, and asked, "Does it hurt badly?"

"No, I, I— will just wash it off in the restroom." I said, shaking my head, feeling uneasy seeing blood coming out of my skin again. Then I turned around, walked through the crowd in the counter bar area, straight to the restroom behind the jukebox, and as I got inside, alone. I dashed to the sink, washed off the blood and my small cut, wiped off the blood with the napkin, and as I shut the faucet off, a drop of last blood mixed on the water, looking down and saw my reflection, my face looked strange, I frowned when I tiled my head to the side but my reflection didn't, my eyes were like glowing, then the lightbulb above me started flickering, startling me, and I shut my eyes firmly. Shit shit, I'm seeing things. I had goosebumps on my shoulders and my palms were starting to get cold.

When I looked up at the mirror in front of me, I noticed a shadow emerging in the corner with some small lightings sparking. Not this again. A gleaming beam of light appears inside the darkness, calling to me. "Don't open it. Don't open it." I heard voices in my head again.

I quickly threw the napkin in the bin, hurriedly exited the restroom, and as I was staring at the door, seeing the light still flickering, the chorus of Blondie's One Way Or Another began playing, a song that seemed coincidental as I felt like I was being followed. I pushed my way back through the crowd when a hand slipped into my wrist and pulled me closer, and I looked up to see Seth, shocked, as I thought it was the shadows or that shadow lady with bat wings.

"What are you doing here?" Seth asked, as if I were underage and sneaking into this bar with a fake ID. Well, I thought it was an open bar.

"Seth?"

"You should get out of here."

"Wait why?"

"Come with me." Seth said, squeezing my wrist as he pulled me and led me outside the crowded bar area.

"Wait! Cam, he's—" I tiptoed, tilted my head high, looking for Cam, but he was now next to me and holding my hand, I was taken aback by the way he looked at Seth, warning me not to come with him for unknown reasons.

Cam's hand found my shoulder and drew me closer as Seth pulled me once more, "Get off of her." Cam swatted Seth's hand on my arm.

"It's dangerous for her to be out here!" Seth shoved Cam away from me, drawing attention to the scene, and Cam returned Seth's energy after moving me from behind his back as he shoved him back, "You're dangerous!" he retorted.

Seth clutched Cam's shirt and drew him closer, growling, "(Y/n) is not safe with you, she's coming with me." Seth's amber eyes were intense, piercing Cam's. "What?!" I reacted bemused, I was about to grab Seth's hand on Cam's shirt but Cam pushed me backwards as he elbowed Seth's chest before he threw his fist over Seth's jaw, causing people to gasp in surprise.

"You don't own her." Cam snarled as he shoved Seth over the counter, who clenched his jaw, wincing in pain.

"What the hell, Cam?" I dashed towards them, grabbing Cam's arm and pulling him to turn to face me, his green eyes dilated, "What the fuck is wrong with you guys?!" I frowned, perplexed by what was going on.

"Hey! Enough!" The cook came up to us and moved Cam and I away from Seth. "Not in my diner!"

The cook warned Seth who was still flexing his jaw, his amber eyes met mine, intensely, he scoffed before straightening his spine and raising his hand in surrender to the cook, saying, "I'm sorry." he then turned to face the counter, smiling smugly, taking a deep breath, and harshly licking his lower lip as if he was rethinking his thoughts, and as I thought the fight was finally over— until Seth suddenly pushed the cook aside who stumbled backwards, and he threw a fist over Cam's face, making me gasp along with others.

"Hey!" I caught Cam by his arm, he almost made me stumble from his heavy weight, I huffed irritably, "Stop it, what the fuck is going on?!" I was so confused of what the hell Seth meant that it was dangerous for me to be out here?

Cam quickly stood up straight, looked down at me with shame, his lower lip was bleeding, his dark hair was messy that he had to brush it off his forehead, I wanted to ask him if he was okay, I shifted between them to prevent another fight, "Are you guys gonna keep fighting like children and not tell me what the fuck is going on?" I demanded, angrily swatting their broad chest and glaring in annoyance, my eyes darting left and right at the two guys fighting over me, I didn't want to be included in this ridiculous fight for unknown reasons, I had to know why they were acting this way? And why, if it was because of me?

Cam and Seth both looked down at me, their eyes flaring up and their chest moving up and down in rage, and some of the people around them were looking at them with disbelief and amusement on their faces. "Yeah, you both say nothing, and I'm leaving now." I declared as the two boys fell silent.

Before Cam could speak up, something bothered him from behind me, as did Seth, as they saw something when the song playing in the jukebox suddenly slowed down, horribly lagging until it shuts down, I was perplexed by their expressions, so I looked over my shoulder, followed their attention was, and I saw the insect from a moment ago flee around the man's head, he waved it off with his whiskey and it splatted on the floor. I watched the insect suspiciously as it landed on top of the jukebox, but as I started to feel shadows emerge beneath the jukebox, my eyes dilated in bewilderment despite keeping my gaze fixed on the insect, and it turned around and flapped its wings.

That looked similar to the insect I saw at the party...

The wire behind the jukebox sparked, startling the waiter who had just passed by and drawing everyone's attention in the bar area. A big spark came out this time, it lit the liquid on the floor, the fire spread so quickly towards the bar, the jukebox in front of me exploded, I gasped in terror as Cam quickly pulled me, covered me with his body while Seth did the same but he was too late and covered Cam instead of me from this fire, the vent above us broke down and fell, Cam grabbed me and we crawled backwards near the doorway before he wrapped his arm tightly around me, his other hand on the top of my head for protection, he could feel me shaking in fear, while people ran behind us, I looked up to see Seth hit by the vent, leaving him unconscious on the floor.

"No!" My heart was racing in terror as I tried to reach out to Seth but couldn't. I looked at Cam, who also saw Seth, and I shouted "We gotta help him!" a panic attack overtook me as I was traumatized to see a fire again.

Cam's eyes darted to mine, intensely, he noticed how I was panicking more about Seth than the fire with people running away from behind us, he exhaled deeply as he dashed and grabbed Seth's arm, I coughed out the smoke, followed Cam and helped him get Seth on his feet, he was so heavy. Cam and I put Seth's arm around our shoulders as we hurriedly walked out the diner, we were the last ones to leave, half of the building was on fire, a huge smoke rising into the night sky.

"We need to get him to the hospital!" We set Seth down next to Cam's motorcycle. I rasped out, catching my breath, I knelt down and cupped Seth's face, moved his head to the side, there was blood dripping over his temple down to his jaw, he was hurt so badly, "Oh no." I looked up to Cam and he was frowning and about to say a word but an old man approached us as he heard me, "It takes a long time for the ambulance to get here." he remarked. The people on the street were terrified and perplexed as to where the fire came from and how it grew so quickly. "You should take him to the nearest clinic."

Cam and I exchanged glances, our breathing still rapid. We are so screwed if our school finds out about this, "We need a car." I said, glanced at Cam's motorcycle, we totally won't fit there with Seth.

Cam straightened his spine and looked at the old man as if he recognized him. "Garry, can we borrow yours?" he asked, still breathing quickly. Okay, I see Cam hangs out in this small town near the school most of the time.

As we returned to the Sword & Cross, thanks to Cam's friend Garry for giving us a ride. Cam led us back into the castle's underground via this secret passageway. We stalked across the building to the infirmary, where we saw a nurse packing up her belongings until we burst into the room while catching our breaths.

"Nurse!" I yelled for the nurse's assistance. "What happened to him?" The nurse led us to the bed, and we gently dropped Seth into it.

"He uh," I stammered, and Cam and I exchanged glances as we both took a step back to let the nurse check Seth's condition. "He got hit by a— by a something in garage—, a tool box hit his head." I grimaced from my lame lie.

"Yeah, and he was high," Cam stated, and I gave him a puzzled look, and he added, "He smelt weed." well, Cam was telling the truth, since I caught Seth smoking weeds on occasion.

The nurse turned around, facing us with an inquisitive look, "And why were you three in the school's garage and dirty?"

Cam and I exchanged looks again, he grunted and I gave a short hum to think what about to say before responding, "We, um, we were just cleaning a car as punishment..?" okay at least that lie seemed reasonable why we were up late.

"Really?" The nurse tutted grimly, and gave another look at Seth, "Hm, he's unconscious, that tool box hit his head so badly that it leaves a little cut on his head, poor boy." She then walked past us, heading back to her desk, She waved her hand to call Cam, "You, take this." she demanded, taking the first medical kit.

While I watched Cam assisted the nurse grabbing the medical supplies, Seth coughed weakly and grabbed my arm, almost startling me, he was groaning weakly "Hm.."

"Oh my god, Seth?" I moved closer as Seth drew me closer, unable to open his eyes, his lower lip quivering slightly, trying to say something to me, "What? What's wrong?" I asked when he grunted softly, "Seth?" I was confused as he smiled weakly and caressed my arm with his thumb and raspily whispered "My Daisy."

I frowned, "What?"

"My.."

"Your what?" A puzzled look formed on my face, his voice slurred like a drunk, and his hand on my arm slid to mine, his palm so cold above my knuckles, he squeezed me gently and whispered weakly, "Daisy." He then opened his amber eyes, looking straight to mine, deeply, as if this gaze was telling me something, his hand was weakly reaching to my face.

A daisy? A daisy flower? Is he calling me a daisy? What was Seth trying to say? Or he was probably saying random things because his head had been hit by a fucking vent.

I straightened my spine as I heard Cam and the school nurse return, and Seth closed his eyes, letting my hand go as the nurse moved me to the side, and saying "Excuse me." and I stepped back and stood next to Cam.

"Is he okay?" I asked, still confused about daisy.

"He will be, but you two need to get back to your dorms right away, please, before the securities show up."

Cam was frowning, looking at Seth and back to me, and as we both left the infirmary, stalking through the corridors, Cam took a heavy breath before asking "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess—" I crossed my arms and watching my toes with my eyes damped. I couldn't believe it when I saw fire again, and it traumatized me. I looked back at Cam, worried, and gulped nervously, "And, you? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

I stopped, my brows knitted, "You're not hurt?"

Cam stood in front of me, dipping his chin, "No, I'm fine."

"You sure?" I frowned deeply, still unable to comprehend seeing Seth lying on the bed in the infirmary and beginning to blame myself.

"Hey, I didn't get hurt, look, I am okay." Cam reassured me, trying to prevent my doubts bragging my head. I just nodded slowly, averting my gaze, wanting to know what had happened in the diner between him and Seth, fighting over me. Cam smiled faintly, tilting his head to the side to make me return his gaze, "Can I, can I take you back to your dorm?"

After facing that fire, my mind was stuck in that memory and along with Jerry's party incident. "Sure."

After unlocking my door, I was about to take off Cam's jacket, "Here—"

"No, keep it for a while until you warm up."

I looked up at Cam, and shook my head, "Fine, thanks." I didn't have the energy to reject and complain at this moment. Cam nodded little, "Go get rest, and don't worry about Seth and earlier, everything is going to be fine."

I averted my eyes, "Okay."

"Hey, I'll be there when you need me."

I simply nodded my head in response, a weak smile on my face. I sniffled, returned Cam's gaze, who was sympathetically looking at me, and I replied, "Alright,— and you know where I am." before slowly closing the door.

And then I waited, I waited for at least ten seconds to hear Cam leave, his footsteps echoing in the corridor until they faded before my eyes burst in tears, I sat down on the floor, breaking down, and my heart was aching and twisting to the moment where I couldn't breathe. Why would I think I nearly killed Seth after seeing the shadow in the diner's restroom? After seeing something in the restroom, a fire broke out, similar to what happened at Jerry's party. No. No, I am not okay, at all. Never will be.

»— ⊷ ☩ ⊶ —«

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 7.6K 23
Lauren's parents were murdered when she was just fifteen years old. At school she is the badass who stays by herself, till one day of her senior year...
2.2K 44 34
It is a twilight fan-fiction with a twist. I was asked to make another twilight fan-fiction and hopefully I will be making more considering that Trib...
1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
431K 7.4K 94
Mature Warning: this is a smut book. It talks about sex a lot. If you're underage, don't read it. Every single character in the book reached the age...