MY DENTIST

By fiction_007

A quirky librarian falls for an icy dentist. She doesn't want to have anything to do with him but they keep r... More

PRE-REVIEW
prologue
{CHAPTER: 1.1}
{CHAPTER: 1.2}
{CHAPTER 2.1}
{CHAPTER 2.2}
{Chapter 3.1}
{Chapter 3.2}
{Chapter 4.1}
{Chapter 4.2}
{Chapter 6}
{chapter 7}
{CHAPTER 8}
{CHAPTER 9}
{CHAPTER 10}
{CHAPTER 11}
{CHAPTER 12}
{CHAPTER 13}
{CHAPTER 14}
{CHAPTER 15}
announcement📢
{CHAPTER 16}
{CHAPTER 17}
{CHAPTER 18}
{CHAPTER 19}

{Chapter 5}

38 2 0
By fiction_007

Finally... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Grandpa kim gets up after six o'clock every day, so as long as he is free, kim Taehyung will get up early to accompany Grandpa for a walk. In the morning after Han Jae stayed up with Wu Yang until midnight, Kim Taehyung also got up late. When he went out, the nanny, Aunt Lee, had already pushed Grandpa kim for a walk by the lake.

When he was jogging and was about to go home, his cell phone rang.

Kim Taehyung slowed down, took a deep breath, and picked up the phone.

"Teacher kim, sorry for bothering you." A peaceful and low male voice came from the handset, "I am Mu jung  from the Department of Physics." "The other party was probably afraid that he had forgotten, so he reported his identity first.

"Hello. "Kim Taehyung said.

"There is a child in our family we want you to have a look at. "Mu jung explained, "I talked to Dean Feng yesterday. He said that you are the expert in this area. Let me consult you. I also heard that you are going to take a plane out for a meeting today, so disturbed you so early.""

Kim Taehyung listened to the other party's words, stopped, stood on the shore facing the lake, and asked bluntly, "What's the matter with the child?""

"My sister's child is still in her mother's belly, but six months old now, the B ultrasound shows that the lip line is incomplete."

Kim taehyung continued to ask, "What is the interruption distance? Is there any interruption of the superior alveolar bone? Is it unilateral or bilateral?"

These consecutive questions obviously stumped the physics teacher. The difference in the profession makes one feel worlds apart. Mu jung on the other end of the phone paused. He didn't understand much about it. When his wife gave him this task, he thought it was just a noun, but he didn't expect there to be so many multiple- choice questions.

Kim taehyung looked at his watch and said, "Well, Teacher Mu. I have a noon flight today, so I'm afraid I won't have time to speak to you face to face, but I'll be back on Wednesday night. If you can trust me, just wait until early Thursday morning and we will have a face-to-face check-up. "

Mu jung breathed a sigh of relief, smiled and replied, "Okay, thank you." Then he hung up.

Kim Taehyung looked at the phone screen, thought for a while, typed a few words, and saved the number just now into the number book. The school expands its recruitment every year, and the campus is repairing more and more. Most of his colleagues he can hardly call by name or has never seen before. He and Mu jung are not completely strangers either. They have taken a car together and talked, and he often hears people mention him. Occasionally, the old subordinates who come to see the old man also talk about him, but they have never talked about his personal affairs.

Early Thursday morning, kim Taehyung met Mu jung by appointment. Behind Mu jung is a petite girl, holding a pregnant woman with a big belly, who is holding a B ultrasound test sheet in her hand. Kim Taehyung took it and read it carefully. One line read: "The continuity of the upper lip on the right side is interrupted, and it is about 7mm wide." He looked, again and again, it was the inspection report of the hospital attached to University A."

Kim Taehyung raised his eyes and asked, "What do your family members think?"

When the pregnant woman heard Kim Taehyung's rhetorical question, she didn't say a word, but she burst into tears first.

The petite girl next to the pregnant woman said, "Teacher kim, do you think there is a mistake?"

Kim Taehyung looked at her, thinking about how to be more tactful. He was not impatient, so he paused. Perhaps this pause made the other party misunderstand, and the girl hurriedly explained: "I am Mu jung's lover, and this is my sister. I am not suspecting that there is a problem with the skills of the hospital, I am just wondering if there is something wrong. How can a child have a cleft lip? No one in our family has ever had this disease."

Mu jung got closer, patted her on the shoulder, and comforted her: "Tong, don't worry, listen to Teacher kim slowly."

Kim Taehyung said: "It's the peak time. There are more people watching B-Ultrasound in the associate hospital in the morning. Let's go to the radiology department over there to borrow their equipment. Let's check it again and will confirm it on the spot. "

The pregnant woman thanked him when she heard the words.

When he arrived outside the B radiology department, Tong went in with her cousin, while Mu jung stayed outside.

This time, the examination was done more carefully. Kim Taehyung held his arms and stared at the black and white images on the display screen with a serious expression. He didn't say a word for nearly ten minutes from start to finish until the patient and his family members left the clinic first.

The doctor next to him asked Kim Taehyung, "Someone you know?"

"OK."

"What do you think?"

Kim Taehyung said lightly: "Not only is there a problem with the right lip, but the superior alveolar bone is also missing, and the child's tongue can be seen. "The fluorescence on the screen reflected the outline of his face, and he couldn't see the expression.

"It's too serious, better to abort the child. "The man said.

Kim Taehyung did not answer, but instead got up and said, "Old Wang, I'll borrow the office next door to you."

"Okay, whatever, use it as long as you like."

Kim Taehyung went out and glanced around at the three of them, and said, "I want to talk to the child's mother alone. "After obtaining permission, Kim Taehyung took the pregnant woman to the next room.

Kim Taehyung asked, "Are you Mu jung's sister?

"No, I am the cousin of his lover."

Kim Taehyung nodded, "So since it's a cousin and not an immediate family member, won't let them participate in our conversation, okay? "This is the only question he used all morning to solicit the opponent's opinion.

"Yes." The cousin said nervously.

"The test results you showed me before are not wrong, but I checked with Dr. Wang. It may be that because of the angle of the fetus last time, I did not see the upper palate clearly. The fetus has not only has a cleft lip but also a cleft palate."

When the cousin heard this, although she had prepared her heart a long time ago, the tears that had just dried were wet again, "Doctor, you may not know how difficult it is for me to conceive this child. I had children less than a year after got married. At that time, my husband and I felt that we hadn't had time to enjoy the two-person world. How could we have a child to drag ourselves down first? So it was aborted without hesitation. At that time, I didn't tell my family that I was pregnant, was sitting on the bus on the day when knew about it and kept complaining about how God made me so unlucky."

The cousin wiped away her tears and said, "Later down the road when saw that my age was over 30, and my classmates and friends had children, so I started to think about it. But how would have known that I couldn't conceive no matter what? We both visited all the hospitals and thought about all the methods, but there was no news for more than a year. Later, I thought, did God come to give me my retribution? Did the child gave up come back to punish me? Now when went through so much to have a child, it's been half a year, but... you said..."

In the end, the cousin was choked with sobs.

Kim Taehyung looked at her quietly.

The cousin finally felt that she was a little gaffe in front of the doctor, so she endured it, stopped sobbing, and asked, "Dr. Kim, do you think the child is really serious? What should we do? If a child is born, it will be cured, right? can't bear to not have this child, please treat him!"

Kim Taehyung said, "In the end, you need to discuss with your family and decide how to make the trade- off. The obstetrician may have told you before about the risks and consequences of induced labour. Then am going to tell you now if you want this child, what psychological preparations you must have."

The cousin nodded and waited for what he said later.

"If the fetus has cleft lip and palate, then he will go to the orthodontics department for a preoperative orthodontic within two months of being born. We will take a model for alveolar shaping and wear braces. At three months, the child will have lip repair surgery, and after half a year, he will have palate shaping surgery. After that, speech correction is required until preschool age, because the child's body is constantly developing and growing, so it is not ruled out that there will be secondary deformities after successful surgery. Once there is a structural disorder in pronunciation or other aspects, you need to go to oral and maxillofacial surgery for a second repair. Around the age of twelve, he will undergo another cosmetic surgery. The last operation for nasolabial and palate repair will be before and after the age of eighteen. During this period, whether the child has deciduous teeth or permanent teeth, the orthodontist needs to observe, monitor and treat the growth and development of the teeth and alveoli."

He tried his best to organize the language as easy to understand, and after hearing the repeated operations, the cousin forgot to cry or ask questions, but just widened her eyes.

Kim Taehyung said calmly: "This is currently the most authoritative cleft lip and palate repair procedure in the world. The whole process requires the full participation of cosmetic doctors, maxillofacial surgeons, orthodontists, and even psychologists. Not to mention the pressure on children, it is also a huge responsibility for parents. There have been several operations before and after, and the treatment time is close to 20 years. Once this child is born, parents have an inescapable responsibility for this life. They should do their best to love him and take care of him, rather than saying that if the child has something that makes the parents feel dissatisfied, they will give up on him, or treat him casually, and regret it when their patience is exhausted."

Kim Taehyung didn't remember how many times he had said these words to others. The parents who came to consult him, many of them had vowed to do so, but they were discouraged when they heard it. Some people feel that they can't bear the burden, while others feel that it is too unfortunate for their children to grow up like this.

He explained again and again without subjective emotions, not to persuade people to give up, nor to give people hope, but to feel that parents who know that their children are flawed and have to be born, should not be impulsive because of temporary love, bring a lifelong shadow to their children.

He has treated many children with cleft lips and palates. Many of them were sent from welfare homes around the world. Some were abandoned before the full moon, and others were abandoned by their families after a short period of treatment at the age of three or four.

In fact, the fact that they were abandoned by their mothers may have a much greater impact on them in their future lives than the deformity of cleft lip and palate.

After Kim taehyung said this, the cousin fell silent.

Kim taehyung stood up and said, "You can go back and discuss it with your family." He knows that sometimes it is difficult to make decisions, and there are many objective factors that affect the family members, so he doesn't want Mu Cheng and his wife to be present.

Before leaving, the cousin said to kim taehyung, "Dr. Kim, can I contact you again if have any questions?"

Kim taehyung agreed: "Teacher Mu has my number, you can call me."

After he waited for Mu jung and his group to leave, he returned to the laboratory to wait for the two students. After more than ten minutes, the two children who selected the topic for their thesis and asked him to look at it were late. It is estimated that the two dared to come to Kim taehyung together because of their mutual courage.

After finishing his work, kim taehyung was going to go home to sleep, but the jet lags still affected him. The flight was delayed last night, and he finally got home in the middle of the night. He hardly closed his eyes and went to the hospital to see Mu jung early in the morning. It was too cold last night, a lot cooler than a few days ago. He felt that he had a cold and seemed to have a fever. Kim taehyung ate something made by Aunt Lee, went upstairs and lay on his bed. He glanced at the date on the screen of his mobile phone. Tomorrow is January 19th. He has to keep his spirits up no matter what. Thinking of this, he closed his eyes and forced himself to fall asleep immediately.

At the same time, han jae and jiwoo were preparing their luggage for Dongshan.

Dongshan is about a two-hour high-speed drive from City A. The road conditions are very good. There are many temples on the mountain and a wide range of believers. It is also a famous hot spring village.

Every Friday afternoon, the library will be closed early, and all employees will participate in political learning. This time for group activities, the curator pretended to help himself and save time for political study. At noon, he notified everyone to get off work early and sent a car for everyone to take action first. Jiwoo was suddenly too busy in the store, so she asked Ham jae to leave with her colleagues and said that she would drive later.

When the large army drove to the resort hotel on the mountainside of Dongshan, it was only after three o'clock in the afternoon. After Sister Wu from the labour union allocated the room, everyone put down their luggage and took their equipment to soak in the hot spring. Han jae thought of jiwoo in her heart, so from time to time, she paid attention to whether there were calls on her mobile phone.

It wasn't until dinner time that jiwoo called, "I'm OK, finally!"

"Where are you now? Do you want me to wait for you to eat?"

"No, just prepare the room and wait for me. I have eaten something just now, and now I will go on the highway right away. It is estimated that I will arrive at Dongshan Toll Station at 8 o'clock. "Jiwoo replied.

"Oh, then I will wait for you at the intersection of the mountain at the foot of the mountain."

"Don't," Jiwoo hurriedly stopped, "if you tell me the way from the bottom of the mountain, I can just drive up."

"No, it's too late. I don't worry if you drive the night car alone and walk the mountain road." Ham jae said categorically.

Colleagues had their dinner, some have an appointment for an evening game, some are going to soak in hot springs, and some are going to see the night view. Ham jae didn't bother anyone, so she took her things and prepared to go out alone.

It's actually very simple for tourists to go down the mountain. If you don't have a self-driving car, you can take a sightseeing cable car to get off the cliff and you would arrive in more than half an hour. The cable car is open from 6:00 in the morning to 7:00 in the evening. After Han jae asked the hotel staff at the front desk about the timetable of the cable car going up and down the mountain, he hurried over, just in time for others to get off work.

Under the mountain is the ancient street of Dongshan Town.

It is said that it is an ancient street, but it was actually repaired in the later stage for the development of tourism. The planning in the previous few years was not very good, but it has been quite chaotic until now. There are countless people who run private cars on the street, solicit customers for family hotels, sell souvenirs, and even introduce tourists to high-level monks. As the night fell, a lot of people dispersed, but there were still some lingering around Han jae.From time to time, they asked if she wanted to ask the master to take a good look, whether she wanted to live in a shop, or take a car up the mountain, and some people rode motorcycles around on the road to solicit business.

Seeing that it was still early, Han jad strolled around the town's largest daily grocery store which is just a small supermarket less than 100 square meters. She didn't buy things, she just used it to kill time, so she walked from this corner to that corner, and stood in front of the shelf and read the ingredient list of many products. Later, the boss in the supermarket almost thought she was here to look around, so she simply sent a salesperson to stand next to her and stare at her. In order to prove her innocence, she had to awkwardly pick up two bottles of water and take them to the cashier to pay.

When Han jae went out with the two bottles of water, she felt that he had bought the worst thing. She didn't bring a bag, she took some change out of convenience, so she could put both hands in her clothes pockets to keep warm, but now she has to hold a bottle of cold mineral water on a cold and windy night. If she just throw it away like this, it would be too wasteful.

She returned to the entrance of the town again and waited for Jiwoo under the archway that was the only way to go up the mountain. Seeing that the crowd was getting scarcer and scarcer, there were almost no passers-by except for the security guards in the parking lot. At this moment, the mobile phone rang.

"Little you, it's not good! "  Jiwoo opened her mouth and said anxiously.

______________________

A/N:

Sorry for posting so late, I had my exams...got so busy, and then I needed a little time to myself so yeah...

Thank you for waiting!!

Saranghae💜💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 20.6K 57
Started: 23. Apr. 18 Completed: 27. Jan. 19 Taehyung is asked to help his best friend (and secret crush) Jimin to move in together with his...
9K 388 25
‹completed› → There's this two young boys who were best friends since they were born. They shared the same age, but not the same surname ; Kim & Je...
764K 37.8K 55
Jungkook is innocent and Taehyung is experienced. Jungkook is pure and Taehyung is complicated. Jungkook is kind and Taehyung is merciless. Jungkook...
3.5K 178 5
Kim Taehyung Taehyung is on top of the world, BTS is doing better than ever, his band mates are his best friends and it still blows his mind how ther...