Her Lullaby

Av kotasonvenus

[Previously title Marigold and Sunflowers] He thought she was a sinful angel of temptation, but the most ann... Mer

These People
1- Threesome
2- Apple Juice
3- Salad & Tenders
4- Bar
6- Uno
7- Ragedy Ass Car
8- Strays
9- Mushrooms
10- Auto Shop
11- Insomnia
12- Invisible Watch
13- Truce Cake
14- Raccoon
15- Orange Juice
16- Sister
17- Charity
18- Twenty-Three Six
19- Blush
20- Girls Night
21- Sophisticated
22- Breakfast
23- Swimming
24- Airport
25- Red Lipstick
26- Funnel Cake
27- Dangerous
28- Stethoscope
29- Chill Day
30- I Can't
31- The Law
32- Upset
33- Boundaries
34- Bouquet
35- Texas
36- Uber
37- Birthday Cake
38- Housewife
39- Gold-Hearted
40- Want
41- Apartment
42- Rain
43- Lullaby

5- Projecting

2.4K 108 49
Av kotasonvenus

"Alice, tell Elijah from management to have that weekly report on desk in the next twenty minutes." I end the call.

I sigh sitting leaning back in my black revolving chair as I take a sip of my apple juice studying the black crystal necklace with a gold chain on my desk. I found it two days ago.

It's a stupid necklace. Why would she even buy it?

It did look pretty hanging on her neck, but no that's just from a visual standpoint. Herself all together just irks me, and she's fucking annoying.

The type of annoying where you don't even know the person, but you just know you don't like them. That's how I feel about her.

I didn't miss her little comment at dinner. "Carver is also hardworking."

She said it as if it pained her to call me smart, and she knows Carver isn't my damn name but yet she persists on calling me it just to get under my skin.

I can't stand her.

I should've tripped her.

I know my night would've gone better if I threw her out of my car. A small pang of joy hits me at the thought, but quickly replaced with a surge of annoyance.

I grab the necklace throwing it in the trash.

A knock the door pulls me out of thought, "Come in." I call setting down my drink and sitting up.

Elijah walks in with paper work in hand and he sets it in my desk nervously.

I pick up the paper silently skimming through the report glancing at the clock.

"You're a minute late. You're fired." I sigh throwing the report in my file cabinet.

"But sir it was only ten—"

I narrow my eyes, "You're fired. Don't make me repeat myself. Get out."

He doesn't argue, a look of defeat and despondent falls along his features as he walks out my office, and guilt sprouts within my chest.

I sigh running a hand over my face. This all her fault. If she wasn't so infuriating and in my head I wouldn't have been irritated.

I'll rehire Elijah tomorrow.

I press the intercom line to the assistant's desk, "Alice I'm going on my lunch break."

I exit my office, ignoring all my employees, and entering the elevator. When I finally left the building I walk to the sushi place across the street.

After I order my food I notice a familiar dark skinned woman with locs trailing down her back.

"Astryd?" I call out. She turns her head towards me and a smile takes place on her lips, "What are you doing here?"

"I was just grabbing lunch here since it was just down the street from Leo's company."

I nod, "I need to stop by there tomorrow discuss some business."

I've never had a one on one conversation with Astryd so the topic of this conversation was a drought.

She snaps her fingers, "I'm actually glad I bumped into you because I needed to talk to you about something."

"What?"

"Ivy. I need you to give my best friend back the necklace she lost in your car." She states.

"No. I threw it away." I turn to walk away, and she steps in front of me.

"Well get it back and give it to her." She demands glaring at me.

"No."

"Why?" She glares at me.

"Because I don't like her." I shrug.

"Why not? She's a very lovable person." She defends.

"Because I just don't." I glare down at her.

She rolls her eyes, "What a great reason."

I let out a deep sigh as I grew more agitated. Why was she everywhere even when she wasn't? Why can't she leave me alone?

"Can you at least try to find the necklace?" She asks one more time, hopefully.

My jaw ticks, "I found it. I trashed it." I finalize before walking away.

Astryd shakes her defeatedly before muttering, "Maybe she was right."

I stop, "Who?" I asked. I didn't even know why I was so curious, I wanted to know who she was talking about.

Her lip's subtlety twitch upwards, "Ivy."

My whole posture tenses and my jaw locks, "What did she say?"

She shrugs, "Why not ask her yourself?"

"Doesn't matter. I don't care." I run my hand over my face as my annoyance started to grow.

"I shouldn't have pestered you over that necklace. I'll just buy her a new one." She grabs her bag of food, "Bye, Moretti."

I watch as she walks down the sidewalk until she was out sight before grabbing my own food and heading back to my office.

As I ate my eyes would subconsciously glance towards the trash can that held the stupid necklace.

It made no sense on why I felt the sudden need to return it, maybe she put some spell on it or hexed it, maybe that's why Leo calls her a witch.

Begrudgingly I reach down the small trashcan and take out the gold and black necklace and throw in my desk drawer before slamming it shut.

•••••••

Ivy's POV

"Sorry I'm late. I just got off a shift." Tyson said walking into my apartment.

"You good." Astryd waves off, "We haven't started the movie yet plus Ives made some chocolate and vanilla cake pops."

"Uh, you're a blessing." He groans wrapping an arm around my neck before walking into the kitchen.

I smile sitting on the couch next to Astryd, handing her a dessert, "The vanilla is on the left and chocolate is on the right."

"Okay, I'mma jus— Damnit!" He exclaimed.

I glance at Astryd before walking to the kitchen as she sits eating her cake pop.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, I just spilt some water on myself." He waves off, the front of his white shirt drenched, sticking to him like a second skin, and the transparency revealing the ink on his chest and midriff.

"And how'd that happen?" I ask handing him a small towel.

"I was holding the water bottle too tight." He explains as he drinks from said water bottle.

"Take this shirt off. I'll throw it in the dryer, and I'll see if I have an extra." I said before walking down the hallway to my room.

Searching my closet and all I could find was one of my oversized hoodies that was white with Spider-Man on the back, and the words  written on the sleeves.

As I was closing my closet doors there was a knock at the apartment door.

"I'll get it!" Tyson announces, and Astryd whistles in appreciation as he walks out of the kitchen with his wet shirt in hand.

"Damn, somebody should've told me to bring my wallet." Astryd shakes her head in disappointment.

"Stop, Adds. You're making me blush." Tyson jokes unlocking my front door.

"Wait, Sonny you're—" He had already opened the door revealing Carter who was dressed in professional attire with his signature look of disdain painted in his features. "—shirtless."

Carter lifts an eyebrow looking at Tyson before his hazel eyes draw to my brown eyes.

Before Tyson could say anything I walk behind him tossing him the hoodie, "Here. This was all I could find."

He catches the hoodie sending me a grateful smile, "Thanks." He saids glancing towards Carter before joining Astryd in the living room.

I take his place standing in the threshold of my apartment leaning against the doorframe, "What're you doing here?"

"You left this trash in my car." Carter holds up my obsidian necklace.

I glare at him, "Don't project your self-concept onto my necklace, but thank you."

"It's cheap." He saids as I take it from him.

"What did I say about projecting?" I quirk an eyebrow studying my necklace.

"You and I both know I'm not cheap." He saids cockily stuffing his hands into his pocket.

Glancing at his neatly combed hair I shrug, "You could be wearing a toupee from the dollar store for all I know."

"If I didn't know any better I say you want an excuse to touch my hair."

I roll my eyes sending him an unimpressed look, "Get over yourself. I don't need you charging me five dollars claiming I messed up your toupee."

"Right, wouldn't want to drain your bank account." He mutters as if he didn't just call me broke.

"I'm not broke, Carver, don't even try it." I play off how offended I actually was by looking away from him unfazed.

"What's with the flowers?" He nods his head towards the three small sunflowers painted at the bottom of my white door.

"My sister was bored and painted them when she was visiting." I shrug leaning against the door frame.

"You have a sister?" He asked.

Before I could answer his phone rang and a small smile climbs onto his face. It was foreign thing, seeing him smile.

He glances at me and his smile simmering, "Never mind." He turns his back to me answering the phone, "Hey, Rosa. What's up."

I roll my eyes going back inside and as I closed the door I could've sworn I heard him laugh.

I lock the door walking into the living room sitting between Astryd and Tyson, "Alright, let's start the movie."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

<3 🎥

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

223K 2.1K 8
(Steamy) This is a standalone spin off from the Distorted Windows Trilogy. You do not have to read them first but is recommended. THIS IS AN EROTIC R...
936K 27.6K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
3.2M 79.5K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
242K 13.4K 76
COMPLETED✔ "Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind. The kind that your tongue slowly massages as your ta...