Her Helpmate

By crazy_writer_97

An action-thriller romantic story... ∞He was her Bodyguard to the world. But to her, he was HER HELPMATE∞ "Sa... More

Preview
Prologue
1. You have to strip!
2. Cuddle me!
3. You are my only Job
4. I never flirt with you.
5. Let me feel you
6. I can't
7. A mistake...
8. You don't own me
9. Eye-raping
10. It's complicated
11. I don't love her
12. Her moans and my groans
13. Don't mistake my job as jealous
14. You don't want me now, Saira
15. Shaurya's mystery
16. I am not going to trust you!
17. New Bodyguard
18. Arrogant Minaret
19. Then why didn't you kiss me, yet
20. Missing Shaurya
21. Please come soon to your baby bear!
22. My Man
23. Will you stop calling me Mr. Chauhan?
24. Just One-Fuck
25. Mr. Jerk Chauhan
27. Shaurya's naughtiness.
28. Punishment!
29. You both are really something
30. An open Challange!
31. I am not a playboy girl
32. Obstinate Baby bear!
33. Stop. Avoiding. Me!
34. Part-time Assistant
35. Shaurya's Anguish!
Chapter 36: Blushing Day!
Chapter 37: Misunderstanding
Characters and their roles
Chapter 38: Unexpected Response
Chapter 39: Questions
Chapter 40: Hatred
41. To kill Saira
Chapter 42: Assumptions
Chapter 43. It's time!
44. Secrets
Chapter 45: You owe every beat of my heart

26. Love in the air

622 53 5
By crazy_writer_97

Author note:

There are a few things about Indian weddings that I want to explain and you will come through this chapter.

Mandap: It's the stage set for the wedding rituals to take place.

Pandit: A Hindu priest, who will call out the rituals for the groom and bride to repeat them and finally bind them as husband and wife.

And in the Indian wedding, there is a small tradition called Shoe Stealing, in which the bride's sisters or brothers will steal the shoes of the groom when he will take them out before stepping upon the mandap, while it is prohibited to step with shoes on it. 

Author POV:

The whole hotel was decorated like a bright swan blooming, with white orchids, roses, and lilies. A small stage was getting decorated in the middle of the garden. There were hundreds of happy faces walking, chattering, making fun, and laughing. But there was one heart with uncertainty and with multiple questions haunting her brain. Saira. Her eyes were glued to her golden-designed red wedding lehenga, spread widely on the bed. There is some discomfort in her heart which clouded the fact that the man she was marrying, is no one but Shaurya.

"Sai!" Preeth stepped inside with a bright smile. Happiness was sparking in black her eyes. 

Saira appreciated it and asked, "You look so happy?"

"It's my friend's wedding, today. Why shouldn't I?" To everyone, this wedding is like a fairytale, the one we used to adore in childhood. But Saira was not the girl who ever dreamt of her prince charming coming on a white horse for her. They chattered for a couple of seconds before her mobile started to vibrate. It was a phone call from her sewer, who called to inform her that the dress she gave to stitching is ready to pick up. 

"I will go and get it!"

"Now!" Saira confirmed, staring at the wall clock which showed the time as ten past nine.

"Relax Sai! I have still six hours!" However, the first wedding was of Ilkalv and Brinda's she thought and nodded.  

There was one important person, whose presence was demanded by Saira. Armaan her best friend, whose flight is going to board from Delhi airport in ten minutes. She scolded him that he left her at that crucial moment of her life when she wanted him more. "Relax, sweetheart, my flight will arrive in forty minutes and I will be beside you in the next two hours!" He tried to calm her yells. Everyone left me alone she thought

"How are you gonna come? Do you have an address?" 

"Yes, I will hire a taxi. Sweetheart, I have to off the mobile, now!" then he cut the call turning her more lonesome.  

But momentarily another visitor came to disturb her, "May I come in?" Veer asked her politely.

"What's the sense of asking when you are already inside my room?" 

He walked inside and leaned against the window, from where the view of the mandap was visible, "I just came to check upon." Saira took place on the armchair. She raised her brow with suspicion, "do you need anything?" he covered up.

"Don't worry I am not going to run away." He snickered. 

There was silence for a couple of moments before Veer decided to speak, "Saira, Shaurya loves you so much. Its...I mean I pressurized him so that he shouldn't get involved with you and mess up things!"

"So, you are hired as his mediator?" she probed with a mocking smile.

"Can't you just lift his call?"

"No." She disagreed with him. 

"It's been five days since you spoke with him." 

"However, we are gonna speak tonight!"  

He chuckled and shook his head at her response. She is stubborn, as Shaurya stated he thought.

"Fine. I am leaving for the airport, I have to pick up Anya." Anya Srivastav was the daughter of Papi's first wife with her second husband. Unconcerned with the dark part of his first wife Papi assumes Anya as his daughter. Even Shaurya and Veer assume she is their younger sister.  

"If you are going to the airport can you pick up Armaan too...please?"

"Anything for you, SIL!"

"SIL!"

"Sister-in-law!"

"Ok, BIL!" she winked at him.

In the airport:

Veer met Armaan first and then waited for Anya. In the meantime he said Armaan to take the keys and wait for him in the parking lot.

"Wait near the car, I will fetch Anya, she might be in some beauty stores." Veer anticipated as he knew about him very well.

After Veer found her in a Cosmetic store, he received a call from Saira. Before attending her call he asked her to go into the parking lot. Then he desolated himself from the noise pollution and clicked the green button.

"Yes...Saira."

"I have a task for you."

"Anything SIL," he responded expecting this might be related to Shaurya.

"Promise you will not deny it."

"I...hmm..." he thought for a second then after sighing, "first the task, please!"

"Fine pick up Preeth on your way to–"

"–No way!" he cut off as he kenned her next words

"Veer!" Saira called with a demand.

"Nah."

"Unfortunately, there is a problem with Taxis. Other than that she is my best friend and I want her to be beside me on my big day Veer I thought you are my third best friend and will do whatever I request you."

"Huff!" he gave up, "Ok. I will."

"Thanks, BIL. Then. I will inform her."

In the parking lot:

Armaan was busy going through his mobile with his back leaning against the driver's seat door. He was tired from head to toe because of his hectic schedule in Delhi. As he will be doing a job in Delhi he decide to move over there, so he had to search for an apartment for himself. Though he had seen a couple of them they were not as spacious as he wanted.

"Hello. Mr..." A sweet girly voice made him raise his head

Suddenly a bag arrived and hit on his face.

"What the–" He caught the angry expression on her face and remarked a compliment in his head, cute. She had big black eyes but a small nose, that she had to crinkle because of Maan's rude response.

"Did you forget your manners?" She asked him, instead.

"Who the hell are you, MISS?"

"Keep them in the car trunk and open the door for me."

"And why should I?" He questioned further folding his arms across his chest.

"Because you are Brother Veer's driver."

An annoying crease formed on his forehead, "Do I look like a driver to you?"

She narrowed her small eyes turning them into a pair of slits, "Obviously!" She responded with confidence.

Maan gave once over to his avatar. His button-up was with multiple wrinkles and his trouser appeared dusty. Not a driver but a mechanic, he assumed.

"Miss, I am not a..." he was unable to finish as Veer interrupted him.

"Armaan let's start we have another task." Veer strolled towards the car and announced. He grabbed the keys from Maan. Then he placed Anya's bag in the car trunk.

"Brother Veer, why are you driving? Let him drive..." Armaan had no further patience to clarify her stupid confusion but he enjoyed her cute words.

"He is tired Anya 'cause he also came from the same flight as you."

"Strange, now these people are calling their drivers from Delhi that too in flight!" Maan smiled at her stupid assumptions. He stared at her for a second through the rare view mirror when she was adjusting her seat belt but when she glared at him, he tilt his head away. Stupid Maan! Stay away from females.

She tossed headphones in her ears and got lost in her world.

"Where are we going?" Armaan asked Veer

"To pick up Preeth from a Boutique!"

"Preeth!"

Yes, your BFF ordered me that." A smile formed on Maan's lips with the news that he will be meeting Preeth.

When Veer stopped the car in front of the boutique, Maan was the first to step down. Preeth saw him and came running to him. The moment, Maan took her in his embrace, Veer's gaze fell on them, precisely on their proximity.

He saw that one hand of Maan, which was spread over her back. How comfortable is she with him? he thought and quirk his lip. It's been a week since they were working together but not even once did they look properly in each other's eyes or had spoken. Not even for a sake of formality. They communicated more in emails or small messages.

As if something was making him uneasy, he cleared his throat, "we should get going, wedding rituals are gonna start soon." Preeth didn't even spare a single glance at Veer and placed her lehenga bag in the trunk. What's wrong with her? Let her go to hell, I don't care. I seriously don't care about her.

They all stepped into the car. Anya felt happy to find a female companion other than the two males.

"Now, tell me everything, how you are feeling to work with your idol, Neil Khanna!"

"Neil Khanna!" Anya inquired. "So you got a job as"

"as a designer in his company!" Preeth concluded, feeling proud of her friend.

"Designer!" Anya whispered and stared at his reflection in the rare view mirror. Maan looked back at her.

"Oh, I didn't introduce you all. Anya that is Preeth, my assistant, and vice versa." he introduced with gritted teeth. "And Anya this is Armaan, he recently got a job as a designer in Neil Khanna's company.

"Seriously!" she was astounded. For once she might believe that he is not a driver but to believe that he is a designer, is highly impossible.

"And yes Maan, even Anya is doing her bachelors in design."

"Seriously!" Maan mimicked her and rose a brow.

"You can learn a lot from him," Veer added referring to Anya.

Now the ball is in my court. Maan smirked.

After Veer parked his car in front of the hotel. Maan grabbed his bag and started walking inside the hotel, Anya followed him with her bags with respect.

When Preeth took her lehenga bag and started to walk inside.

"I deserve thanks, I assume," Veer muttered. Preeth twisted her lips. I don't have even one percent feeling that I am her boss, I swear I will kill Shaurya and his wife. This pick-up and drop service is metamorphosing me to assume as I am her driver.

"Preeth Singh." he sprung to her and grabbed her hand. "I am being soft with you, it doesn't mean that you keep showing your attitude in front of me."

"I don't object to you, it doesn't mean you keep touching me or holding me," she mentioned, glaring at his hand.

"I just grabbed your hand," he addressed and left her hand.

"This just can be allowed with your type of girl, not with me. And if you are so desperate to hear then thank you–" With a playful smile, she added, "–Mr. bouncer."

"Stop calling me bouncer!" he yelled, demanding her. Did she give me Thank you as charity?

In Reception:

After taking his room card Maan took the elevator to reach the floor. Anya sauntered, following him, and stepped inside the elevator. She smiled awkwardly at him. He ignored her.

She bite her lip, "Sorry," she whispered.

"Excuse me!" he called out.

"I am sorry about assuming wrong about you. Actually, I had no idea that you were a designer and working in Neil Khanna's company. Obviously, your designs were mind-blowing, off-standing, what more..." she smiled awkwardly. "Brother Veer is true I have to learn from you and for that, I guess I have to see your designs so are you satisfied with my apology."

"No," he replied casually and stepped out after the elevator stopped on the fifth floor.

"Ok. What should I do?"

Why don't I teach her a lesson, he thought.

"Don't you think this bag is quite heavy?"

She opened her mouth, stared at his heavy bag, and at him, "I got it," she grinned and carried his bag. With her two bags and this arrogant man's bag, she followed him. He smirked, googling at her through the corner of her eyes. Corridor was filled with her huffs and puffs. Poor girl. But her smile did captivate him.

"My room!" Armaan announced halting his movements in front of room number 507.

"Am I forgiven?" She asked, and it was getting hard for Armaan to ignore that cuteness.

"Hmm...Yes." He pressed his room card at the scanner and opened his room.

"Then designs?" she pried with some hope.

"I have to think about it. You know confidentiality is very much important to me."

It annoyed her, "Go to..." she cut off, controlling her words "Yeah, I agree." Then he slammed the doors in front of her.

Calm down! Anya, now you have to bare him and his arrogancy.

In Saira's room:

The first thing Armaan did after freshening up was to meet his bestie.

Sitting on an armchair, surrounded by three make-up artists Saira was getting ready for her wedding. A bright smile formed on Maan's lip, watching his best friend in the wedding lehenga. 

"Sweetheart," he called out.

"Maan." A shining smile formed on her lips, she walked to him and just jumped upon him. "I missed you, Maan." she expressed as tears started to stroll out of her eyes

He cupped her cheeks, "you will spoil your makeup."

"Can you guys wait out for a moment, please?" Saira requested them.

"Maan...It's my wedding." Maan knew she is too young to be married but the biggest positivity is Shaurya loves her so much.

"Saira, I know it's early but trust me he is the one for you, he will keep you happy and treat you like his princess."

"You...you always take his side."

"Stop crying. Shaurya is my favorite person always. You know he calls me every day to know how it's going on in Delhi and also about your likes and dislikes. He knew them already but still, he keeps confirming. He is seriously worried about you, Sai. Moreover, you love him, don't you?"

"No."

"Ok, you are angry because he is rich. And he hid it from you."

She stayed silent.

"Sweetheart...there might be something special in you that he couldn't stop himself from loving you so hard. Trust him and give him a chance. I personally think, he deserves a chance!"

Neither did she nod nor did she disagree.

After two hours...

Anya and Preeth came to walk Saira through the way to the Mandap. Maan joined them in mid. Anya looked at him and blushed cutely. This girl is making my brain crazy he thought

Veer's eyes didn't stop admiring Preeth. She looked gorgeous in that light pink lehenga. His eyes halted at her lips. He admired her beautiful smile. Preeth Singh, what magic are you doing to me? For once he imagined holding her in his embrace.

He sighed. She is not even letting me touch her while the hug is so far to even keep as an aim.

"She is beautiful, isn't she?"

He looked at his mother, "Mom! Stop keeping eye on me. And I am not looking at her."

"Last night she came to the home, she wanted some documents to get signed by you!" her mother informed him. He just nodded. "Veer why don't you date someone?"

Veer has some indefinable afraid in his heart that whatever passed with his mother shouldn't pass with any other female.

"I already told you mom that I won't." He clarified and walked away.

I wish you should fall deeply in love with someone his mom wished.

On other hand, Veer didn't stop admiring Preeth. Her smile, her gestures, the shine of her earrings, necklace.

He walked and stood beside her. He wanted to say that she looks beautiful but he couldn't. 

"Nice decoration, isn't it?" She turned her head left and right to confirm, is Veer, my dear arrogant Boss, speaking with me?

"Yes!" She replied.

Promises were being made by Shaurya and Saira upon the mandap, and a thought came into Veer's head will any female will agree to marry me? "They both are also looking beautiful."

"Yes," She replied looking at Saira. She is lucky, that her husband is the love of her life.

"And even you." As soon as Veer spill them out, her breaths got flabbergasted.

"Huh!" She exclaimed.

"Yes coming," he shouted to some invisible person. Gutless bastard. Cursing himself he wandered away.

But for Preeth it was an undigestable fact. Did he just compliment me? She stared at him. He was taller nearly five feet eight inches. She hadn't admitted to even her that she favored a mature man, like Veer, who has a thick beard. So that I can just run my hand in those dark, tangles.

Wait! Am I admiring him?

This is not the last day of my life. 

But, his biceps are just mind-blowing, I wish I could hold them...Halt! Preeth. Just focus on your job, not your boss. Even though he is smart, handsome, good-looking, stunning, and sexy.

Freeze! It's better I lock my thoughts and throw that key away.

When she apprehended that wedding rituals are coming to end, she recalled one thing and ran to Armaan. "Maan, where are the shoes." he showed her his shoes. "Stupid, not yours, I am referring to Shaurya shoes. We have to steal them from groom side people and demand a great amount in return for that. Don't you know that?"

"Shit, I forgot." His eyes went around and when he saw Anya standing with someone in front of the buffet "I think I have an idea."

He walked towards Anya and stood a meter away from her. She noticed him and got excited.

"Hi," she halloed and blushed, "You look handsome." She said tugging her hair behind her ear.

"Thank you!" She expected a return compliment and it came.

"This color is suiting on you!"

"Did you have lunch, should I make your plate?"

"Well, Anya, I decided something."

"Are you going to show me your designs," she guessed. Her eyes sparkled when he nodded his head.

"Yes, but in exchange, I want to know something."  

"What do you want to know?"

"Where is Shaurya's shoe?"

"Haha!" She laughed and declared, "No."

"Just think about it. You can see my designs." He highlighted the word my in his tone. She glimpsed at him, slightly her expression was getting convincing. "You have five minutes and after that offer is going to end." This time he turned around acting to walk away.

"If I give you information then what is the guarantee that you are going to share your designs?"

"I give you my words!" 

"No, she took a tissue paper and a pen." She wrote a few lines and handed him. He started to compare her to Saira. There are so many similar qualities he thought.

"Fine. I will also sign after I get confirmation."

"It's behind the mandap in a black box covered with flowers."

He called Preeth to confirm. Preeth follows his instructions. Without any idea that Veer was already keeping eye on her. Veer gains suspicion and follows Preeth.

"Yes, I found them." She jumped holding the white wedding shoes of Shaurya

"Miss Singh," she gasped when she heard Veer's voice from behind.

"Maan, I think...We got caught," She informed Armaan.

"Then run, Preeth." She paced away from mandap when she felt him following her

"This is cheating," Veer shouted running behind her.

"No. This is a game," She replied. "I found them. They belong to us now. She halted in front of a pool. She turned around. In front veer, behind the pool.

"Miss Singh," She shook her head.

"No Mr. Bouncer!" She tried to push him and ran away but Veer is as strong as a horse she got stumbled as her heel twisted and in return was about to fall into the pool. But Veer held her and pulled her against him to gain the balance

"You okay?" her heart was beating fastly and loudly. She mentally thanked Veer. In the meanwhile, Veer tried to get succeed in his aim. "You don't know swimming," he asked her. 

She gulped and replied, "I my school, I won the swimming competitions." 

"Oh..." he pulled the shoes and pushed her into the pool, "then happy swimming."

She pulled up and shouted at him, "You cheater cock! You will pay for this Mr. Bouncer."

She emerged out of the pool and stood in front of him. Watching her whole body dripping with water his admiring gaze took a u-turn to ogle. 

"You look more gorgeous." He spilled out. He itched his head and walked away with the shoes.

"What."  More than confusion it scared her to hear a second compliment on the same day from veer. And then she decided to keep her distance from him. Cause her main aim is to focus on her carrier and help her family.

On another hand, Armaan and Anya decided to meet the following afternoon for lunch in Armaan's apartment. 

Saira POV:

For a moment my eyes fell on every person standing in front of us around the mandap. In the end, I looked at Shaurya whose gaze was fixed on me. A smile formed on his lips when the priest announced us husband and wife. 

I closed my eyes and the tear which I held for a long time, finally rolled out of my eye. I felt a warm touch below my eye. I opened my eyes, and he looked at me with a strengthful gaze and then pecked my cheek.  

It took me aback but we received a cheerful roar from every person standing around us.

"Happy plus annoying wedding life, Mrs. Saira Shaurya Chauhan!" he whispered in my ear. 

Saira Shaurya Chauhan!

A stranger came as a bodyguard in my life with a lot of mysteries and secrets buried in his heart. And I never knew on the day of his first service that my bodyguard will one day become my husband. 

****

So, Finally the wedding.

Comment on Anya and Armaan. And Veer and Preeth.

And on Saira and Shaurya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 433 39
Broken Bride Series #1 Can be read as standalone. ................................................................................... Her stalker: "...
1.4M 65.9K 54
"What do you want?? Why can't you leave me? and why did you kidnap me from my own wedding??"...Shreya asked with a teary voice. Shreya was dolling u...
6.2K 550 36
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...
168K 5.6K 24
"I love her. I know my Priya will come back to me. My Piya-" "She is married" Irfan's words felt like a stab in my heart. As he stated the fact, it f...