Daddy Material | Oikawa Tooru...

By jasmineTsippin

[Single Father!Oikawa Tooru X Reader] While working at her family's business, a loud cry snatched her attenti... More

Intro
• lost child •
• meet daddy •
• sweet visit •
• pretty please •
• milk bread •
• contact •
• midnight chat •
• rendezvous •
• a great mom •
• he's changed •
• good girl •
• mixer •
• treasure •
• slow •
• morning glory •
• unexpected call •
• after school •
• mommy •
• a good kid •
• parenting •
• two of us •
• stay with us •
• family •
• parent's love •
• child's mind •
• birthday boy •
• child's regret •
• picture perfect •
• love •
• acts of service •
• sugar daddy •
• daddy material •
• love language •
• hanky panky •
• bed ridden •
• old face •
• reunion •
• mother role •
• switch •
• could've been •
• assurance •
• helping hand •
birthday [SPECIAL]
• new mommy •
• the truth •
• jealousy •
• disconnection •
• tainted •
• meant to be •
• a promise •
• inevitable •
• before you •
• two steps back •
• two mommies •
• sacrifice •
• hearts grow fonder •
• future •

• never forgotten •

3.1K 163 84
By jasmineTsippin

"Here I thought you guys were just going to talk," scolded Hajime as he stood by the front door of Tooru's penthouse to greet you two looking somewhat ashamed and embarrassed. Then he shook his head in disappointment with closed eyes and arms crossed. "Should've known that you two were freaks."

"If there's an opportunity to do it, I'll take it," Tooru said flatly standing in a proud stance to hide the disgrace he brought upon himself.

Despite his outburst, you chose to admit that you are, in fact, a freak for this man.

"Sorry for keeping him out," you told the tanner man who kept his disapproved stare on him.

His hand waved, "Not a big deal. I'm not his mother."

"Is Tetsu... inside?" You pointed at the space behind Hajime, signaling that you were referring to the small child. Your skin prickled, unable to imagine what kind of reaction you'd receive from Tetsu once he knows that you're here.

"Yeah but he's asleep right now," admitted Iwaizumi.

Damn. Your head lowered, feeling a bit sad, although your anticipation brushed away for a brief moment.

Hajime saw the disappointment in your eyes as he hooked the arm of his black sports backpack over his shoulder, "Sorry. He tried his best to wait but the movie made him tired. He's on the couch right now. I would've carried him to his bed but I was afraid he was going to cry once he sees that you're not back."

"That's alright. We'll take care of the rest," nodded Oikawa as he pulled out his wallet from his back pocket - ready to pay him for his babysitting duty.

But Hajime, as usual, turned down the brunette's offer before he could lend it. "Stop that. You work too hard to make that money. Just keep it for Tetsu's school lunch."

School lunch. The word made you realize that it is in fact true that Tetsu is now relying on school lunches again. Taking a sneaky glance at the older brunette, you quietly observed his features and at the tired lines carved his cheeks. Hajime's words stand corrected.

While they had their dispute, Tooru gave up in paying his best friend and stated that he'll owe him the next time they plan to hang out. After shutting the door, your eyes scanned for the particular boy on the couch but your attention is driven away by the mess around the house.

Toys were laid out every where around the floor including a few pieces of clothing hanging off the dining room chairs. It wasn't necessarily messy to call it but the place wasn't as spotless as the last time that you were here.

Embarrassed, Tooru immediately went straight for the toys just when he had the same thought. and grabbed the items.

"Sorry. If I knew you were coming, I would've cleaned up the place more," he scurried with panic written on his face.

"It's alright. I know you've been busy," you offered to pick up the toy truck off the floor but Oikawa already beat you to it by collecting it and then dumping them in Tetsu's green toy box at the corner of the living room.

You semi-chuckled at his reaction, finding his nervous state rather cute.

He gave you a worried look.

"What is it?" You quirked a brow as the silence lengthened itself by his stare.

Tooru huffed a breath as he looked sideways at the corner of the room, avoiding your eyes. "Aren't you disappointed in me?"

You didn't give an immediate response because you weren't getting the context of his question. Your questionable face gave away your train of thought.

"I know... I'm a mess and I can't get it together. I don't want you to think that I'm a complete failure as a father and partner if I'm not capable of taking care of Tetsu by myself," he uttered shyly.

The small glint in his eyes, you can read the sincerity in them by observing his expression. You can't help but to feel bad for the man, knowing that he already went through Hell to get you back.

By huffing a defeated sigh, you came towards him and cupped his structured cheek with your hand.

"You're not a failure... you're doing your best," you happily encouraged.

With those words, it softened Tooru's brown eyes, relieved that you are slowly forgiving him and his faults. It was a simple reminder as to why he fell so in love with you; your appreciation of his efforts.

He gave his thanks by pressing his lips against your forehead while he held your hand that was touching his cheek. His other hand pulled your waist closer to his form so your chest is pressed against his pecs.

The action itself made you curl a small smile at the soft touch of his lips melted your heart like they always did.

Following the man's attention, your eyes drifted at another body resting peacefully on the couch, hugging his typical toy Martian in his arms with a fuzzy blue blanket over his chest. You find it fascinating to watch him sleep.

"Do you wanna wake him?" Tooru eyed you for permission, kneeling beside the couch in a position to carry him.

But you shook your head. You'd be guilty for doing such a thing, knowing that sleep is very precious to children these days. In the future, they'd be sleeping less than they do now.

"No, let him sleep. I'm sure he had a long day," you carefully explained as you softly brushed the child's wavy curls from his face.

His closed eyes twitched by the mere movement of his hair as he muttered quietly under his breath. "Mommy..."

That name was almost foreign to you but the sound of it warmed your heart like a candle being lit again.

You wonder what he could be dreaming whether if it's you or somebody else.

"Let's take him to bed," Oikawa suggested as he slowly wrapped his arms underneath the small boy, picking him up with the blanket over him and then sauntering to his room with you a few steps behind.

Tucking Tetsu in was easy enough, seeing how deep asleep he is by not budging a single muscle. Once he was enveloped in his own bed, he turned to his side to pull the covers over his shoulder.

You met with Tooru outside after turning off the night light in the kid's room, leaving just a crack open. He leaned with his back against the wall.

"Do you have work tomorrow?" The brunette asked in a gentle tone, careful not to wake the snoozing boy.

You nodded, "I close up the shop tomorrow. Why?"

Tooru seemed nervous by his hand shaking his hair, rubbing the back of his head. "Is it a little too much to ask if you can stay for the night?"

You sighed and then replied playfully, "You are really straight forward with your thoughts today."

With a small shrug, he replied, "What can I say? A guy knows what he wants." He returned the joke not looking a bit ashamed as his confidence exuded from his tone. Then he caught himself, clearing his throat and wiping the smug look on his face, "Again, no pressure."

With a character like Tooru, how can you refuse him? He makes it too easy for you to fall in love with him and his ridiculous act. He can't hide the fact that he wants to spend more time with you although you can tell he is milking the opportunity.

You held yourself from scoffing a chuckle, taking a step forward to give him a comforting hug. Gazing up at his chocolate eyes, your expression already gave away the answer before you can even say it.

And he understood it by giving you a long kiss while grinning from ear to ear.

>>>

It's been so long since you woke up in Tooru's arms. The scent of his bed and the shared warmth underneath the blanket was easy to familiarize. It's like you never left.

Turning your body to face the man, you can't help but to stare at his frozen face snoozing soundlessly underneath the ray of sunshine emitting from the windows.

You can only guess that this is the most he slept by how unmoved he is when you shifted on the bed, and he is usually a light sleeper. A slight movement will startle the man but in this case, he is as limp as a rag doll.

But your peaceful gaze was interrupted by a faint cry outside of Tooru's room, causing you to fling out of bed by throwing the covers off of you. Tooru only twitched and then sat up slowly, waking up as he felt the warmth leaving the blanket while you hurriedly stumbled out of the room.

You bolted through the door of Tetsu's room where he is crying on his bed. His fists were glued to his eyes as he began to wail quietly to himself - too busy to realize that you entered through the room.

"Tetsu!" You shouted. Your voice boomed through the room, causing him to shoot his watery gaze at you - ones that looked so similar to the man you're in love with.

"Mommy?" The boy was in shock that he couldn't believe that you are standing in the same room as him. His eyes grew big, then they were filled with tears the next second as they spilled down his cheeks. "Mommy! Where were you?!"

There wasn't a second to waste, being overwhelmed by the sound of his small voice calling to you like a fawn chirping for its mother. You instinctively marched beside his bed and enveloped him with a tight, warming hug.

"I'm here, baby. Mommy's here," you reconciled with the boy who desperately clung onto your sleeping shirt, rubbing his face to wipe the excess tears from his face.

Now you understood; that you will not disappear from his life - not even for a brief moment.

After patting his back for several seconds, savoring the moment until he calmed down, you pulled an inch away to stare down at the sniffling child. "Why are you crying? Hm?"

"I had a bad dream," he hiccuped, shutting his eyes at the blurry memory, "that I can't find Mommy. It was all dark, and it was raining..."

You figured it was a nightmare and you can't help but to feel sympathy for the child. Nightmares are one of the few signals that a child is stress. Perhaps, he did nothing but worry where you've been gone.

In his dream, maybe Tetsu was looking for you.

Your frown faltered even more at the sad thought. "Tetsu... Were you waiting for me to come back?"

The boy nodded, almost looking guilty for even doing such a thing and his response broke your heart.

You did your best not to let out a single tear out - whether if it's out of happiness, relief, or touched. All your doubts and suspicions disintergrated after he admitted that he does in fact care. Most importantly, he didn't forget about you.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry...," your head lowered.

______________________________

🌱

Posted: 01-04-2024

______________________________

A/N: Happy New Years!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554 24 13
𝘊𝘈𝘙𝘌𝘍𝘜𝘓 𝘖𝘙 𝘠𝘖𝘜𝘓𝘓 𝘓𝘖𝘚𝘌 𝙄𝙏. ─── ⋆⋅♡⋅⋆ ─── ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ tooru oikawa is a hard worker, he strives for his wins and w...
802K 21.9K 41
A haikyuu fanfic!! A normal girl, with a big passion for volleyball goes to Karasuno and she is determined to be the best volleyball player, even th...
113K 3.4K 25
After a devastating car crash that kills your mother and leaves you unable to play volleyball, all you can do is try and help out younger kids who st...
129K 5.8K 32
KATSURAGI MISAKI has one mission as the manager of Aobajohsai High's Volleyball team. Finish off her third of high school without letting stupid OIK...