Unwanted (Chicago PD)

By KNeill006

Cassandra Mills hates her family. She's only ever wanted to love them and be close to them but that doesn't r... More

51
Late again
Detention
Near Death
Walls
Glowing
Broken on the floor
Scratches
Tears
Party
The Phone Call
Break in
Stay With Me
Betrayal
Talk To Me
Break Down
Concrete
Celebrations
New Years
Karaoke
Letters
New Family
Court
Panic
Trouble
Given up
She's a runner
Its been dropped
Anger
Memories
Crash
Clearing things up
Hey, I Guess
Party Time!
One Game
To Family

Teachers

1.7K 32 2
By KNeill006

"Mr Wilson, have you ever seen Cassie in a bad mood or seen that something was off with her?"

"No. She's always smiling in my class. I see her smiling in the corridors. An amazing student."

They are all lying and it's pissing me off as well as the whole unit.

"It's bullshit." Said Cassie under her breath.

"Quiet please." Said the Judge.

"Miss Combs, is she ever late?"

"A lot of the time yes but I always see her with her Starbucks drink. She's late because she goes there before school."

"It's fucking lies! You're all lying your asses off!" Shouted Cassie as she stood up.

I grabbed a hold of her arm to try and get her to sit down but she shook me off.

"Cassie, you need to keep quiet." Said Antonio as he turned around to talk to her.

"Hey! Order in the court!"

"One more outburst from you and you're out. Understand?" Said Bianca Moore, the Judge.

"Yes ma'am."

"Mrs Shawbury?"

"One of the best students. Keeps her head down. Stays out of trouble."

"Oh yeah? What about the times when I'm late? When I argue with teachers? When I've got my hood up and zone out of your class because I can't be asked to listen to your stupid voice anymore!? Huh? Do I look happy then?"

"Cass, what are you doing?" Asked Kim as she turned around.

"Or the time when you had seen me break down in the toilet? Huh? You do absolutely nothing. You useless piece of-"

Millie cut Cassie off by putting her hand over her mouth. Cassie tried to fight against her but Kevin held her hands.

Some cop went to grab a hold of her arm but she shook him off and held her hands up.

"It's okay. I'm leaving. Can't watch this disgrace anymore."

"Miss Mills, please be quiet."

"How is she allowed here?" Asked Wendy towards their lawyer.

"Miss Mills. I am well aware that this case is about you and I have allowed you to sit and watch on one condition, you keep quiet and behave. You are no longer allowed in this court room."

"It's fine. I'm leaving anyway."

"Mr Jamerson?" Asked William.

Cassie stood at the doors to watch the teacher speak but was shoved out by the officer.

"Don't touch me!" She shouted as she pushed him.

*Cassie's Pov*

The officer grabbed my wrists and started to push my head down. His hand wrapped around my waist and I knew he was about to slam me to the ground. I quickly closed my eyes, not wanting to see the ground coming.

"Hey! She's a kid." Shouted Will as he and Sylvie ran down the corridor towards me.

"Yeah and she's been kicked out of the court room for being disruptive." Said the officer as he let me go and pushed me towards Will.

"Cass, what's going on?" Asked Brett as she held my face in her hands.

"This guy is being a jackass." I said as I looked the officer up and down.

"Sorry about her." Said Will before he pulled me down the corridor and away from the doors.

"Cassie?" Asked Brett.

"This decides my future. Who I'm going to live with? They're all lying their asses off! I'm not late? Really? I can tell you exactly how many detentions I have had to sit. Jay's dumbass lawyer won't let me on the stand and it was his choice. It's not fair!" Shouted Cassie.

"If they said it's the best thing, then it is the best thing." Said Will.

"You know what? Screw you. Screw both of you. I'm done."

"Cassie, take this. Buy yourself some lunch and cool off." Said Will as he handed me a twenty.

"I don't want your money. I want to be on that stand." I said and pushed it back into his hand.

"Cassie, just cool off." He said and forced the twenty into my hands again.

"Fine. Thanks." I said before I ran off down the steps.

I've probably just messed everything up but I don't care. They are lying and it hurts to see. I may be late and I may not be the nicest to teachers but they don't have to lie. I don't smile at them because I hate them; I hate school and I hate Chloe.

*Hank's Pov*

"Chloe needs to put Cassie on the stand. Jay's already tried to ask." I whispered towards Antonio.

"I know. It sucks."

"Sorry ladies and gentlemen for the outburst." Said the judge.

"Mr Jamerson, you were saying?"

"Cassie always has my class first on a Monday and Tuesday. A lot of the time, she's late to both. Every time I ask her why, she says sorry straight away and is always ready to sit the detention. A few weeks ago, she told me that she was about to leave when James asked her if she could tie his shoe laces. Then Harriet asked for some clothes ideas because it was non school uniform day at their private school. She does everything that is asked of her even though she is aware that she will end up with detentions."

"How did she seem at the school programme?"

"Worse. Jay dropped her off everyday since Wednesday because she started to turn up late. She was happy, I saw her smiling. She was glad to not have to sit detentions and then something happened. She came in on Saturday with sore eyes from crying. She barely did her work and tried to keep conversations to a minimum, even towards her bestfriend. She ended up skating home but didn't make it far when she passed out. She hadn't eaten. She normally always eats. Whatever it was, it really hurt her."

I watched Jay smile as he knew this teacher could be trusted. I remember Cassie telling us that he was her favourite teacher and I'm not surprised.

"You seem to have a different view of Cassie than the other teachers. Why is that?" Asked Chloe.

"Because they are lying. Every time she walks in late, the receptionist, Miss Combs, gets the Principal and they tell Cassie off. They hand her a slip to say when her detentions are."

"Do you know if she keeps those slips?"

"She used to. She used to show me and try her best to laught at it but I could tell she was upset about it and wanted it to change."

"We would like to show evidence of fifteen detention slips from the last month." Said Chloe.

We left the court room for today so the Judge could think about today because she was the one to make the final decision.

"See you tomorrow to discuss the case." Said Chloe towards Jay.

Jay took his suit off and came outside in some normal clothes to join us for lunch. I handed him my phone and he gave me a strange look.

"Hi?" He asked into the phone as we got in the car.

"Hey, Jay. It's me, Cassie. I want to apologise for what happened in court."

"It's fine. God I've missed seeing your happy face. Mr Jamerson spoke up about you. Also, fifteen detention slips?"

"I have thirty more stashed away."

"We could use them for evidence."

"Could do or you could put me on the stand."

"Trust me, I'm trying to. It's Chloe, she's refusing to."

"Why though? If we work it properly and go over the questions and what my answers will be, maybe we can catch them out."

"It's not a bad idea. I'll call Chloe later and ask."

"Thanks. I miss you, Jay."

"I miss you too, kid. I can't wait for the day that you can move in."

"Me either."

"Stay safe, yeah?"

"Always am."

"Oh, what's the temporary family like?"

"They are nice. Really nice. We had an issue the other day but we talked through it. Is Ethan going on the stand?"

"I think so. He's talking about some injuries and when he first met you."

"Okay. Thanks. I'll see you soon."

"Yeah. See you soon."

Hopefully, in the remaining time we have in the case, Cassie doesn't do anything stupid.

------------------------

A/N: Hi guys. This year is going to be busy with Mock Exams and actual exams. I can't always get parts out and I normally only miss one day. Currently, I've got revision sessions, revising at home, homework and I like to go to the gym. I also have a life. I appreciate all of you and all your comments, votes and likes. I love it. But I can't always get parts out. This book is nearly done and I've technically already written the ending and the end parts but I have got to tweak them. Sorry for the rant but on a happier note, my other book, A Broken Pair has hit 20k. So thank you to all of you. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 408 31
Sandrelly Santos packs up and leaves Brazil abruptly. She's happy to leave her friends and family so whatever happened in Brazil has really scared he...
7.9K 106 15
Kayla Cole works alone and wants nothing to do with a team. But when Hank Voight gets his way, she's stuck working under his name as much as she want...
2.2K 20 1
Kat Halstead is the youngest of the Halstead siblings, after their mom's death Kat moved out to LA and became a paramedic with the LA Fire Department...
11.9K 336 21
***PLEASE NOTE: I have 8 One Chicago books! Please check them all out!*** [Kevin Atwater X OC] [OC X Kelly Severide] "It's dangerous how much those t...