A Tale of Two Sisters || Tang...

By Disneyfan_1235

Rapunzel has dreamed of seeing the floating lights, for years - Y/n has dreamed of one day finding her long-l... More

☀️ Origins and Obligations ☀️
☀️ Mother Knows Best ☀️
☀️ A Thief and Some Thugs ☀️
☀️ Dances and Lanterns, At Last ☀️
☀️ Happily Ever After ☀️
💖 Kingdom Of Corona 💖
🍬 Meeting Vanellope 🍬
👑 A Tangled Wedding 👑
👑 A Golden Coronation 👑
🌻 First Season Introduction 🌻
🌻 Meeting the Alchemist 🌻
🌻 Rapunzel's Enemy 🌻
🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻
🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻
🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻
🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻
🌻 The Return of Strongbow 🌻
🌻 In Like Flynn 🌻
🌻 Great Expotations 🌻
🌻 Under Raps 🌻
🌻 Attila The Bun 🌻
🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻
🌻 The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth 🌻
🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻
🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻
🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻
🌻 Painter's Block 🌻
🌻 Not in the Mood 🌻
🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻
🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻
🌻 Secret of the Sundrop 🌻
🌕 Season 2 - Intro 🌕
🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕
🌕 Beyond the Corona Walls 🌕
🌕 Crashing a Wedding 🌕
🌕 The Return of Quaid 🌕
🌕 Goodbye and Goodwill 🌕
🌕 The Forest of No Return 🌕
🌕 Freebird 🌕
🌕 Vigor the Visionary 🌕
🌕 Keeper of the Spire 🌕
🌕 King Pascal 🌕
Important Story Update

🌻 Angry and Red 🌻

768 23 14
By Disneyfan_1235

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
Y/n and Cassandra were in the middle of duelling practice, with wooden swords, when Rapunzel brought them into her bedroom to show her something her and Pascal have been working on.

"The entire kingdom is in a panic over this Silent Striker, so Pascal and I figured we had to do our part to help catch him." Rapunzel says.

Cassandra and Y/n glance up at the trap. "Uh, Raps, maybe you should leave the bad-guy snatching to the pros." Cassandra states with a smirk, picking up a broom and twirling it around.

"Uhh.. Cassie?" Y/n says, unsure. "It's so obvi-" Cassandra states, moving the golden goblet with the broom, but this sets the trap off, lifting the surprised Lady-in-waiting into the air. "Obvious was kind of the point." Rapunzel tells her.

"Here, let me help you down." Rapunzel offers, unbraiding her hair. "No! No, I'll do it myself, thank you." Cassandra states, wielding her knife.

"But I have a safer way to get you-" Rapunzel tells her, but Cassandra cuts herself down and falls to the floor with a large *Thud* and a *Crack*
"My leg!" Cassandra groans. "..down." Rapunzel finishes, as she and Y/n wince.

[Meanwhile]
To earn the Captain's respect, Eugene and Lance also set themselves an almost impossible mission to capture the Silent Striker, a supposed thief in Corona. But they are shocked to find out who it is. Well, who they are is more like it.

[In The Throne Room]
"Your Majesty, Captain, may I present the Silent Strikers?" Eugene says, gesturing to a small black-haired girl and a small, silent red-haired girl.

Both girls have red stripes down each othe their cheeks, hopefully face paint, but the black-haired girl has a red scarf. The red-haired girl has long hair down to her back, with a beautiful blue flower in it.

"They're.. children." The Captain states, with blunt surprise. "Wow, Captain(!)" The black-haired girl pipes up, clapping sarcastically. "Figure that out by yourself, or did your ace detectives tip you off?" She remarks, earning a smirk and a nudge from Lance. He thought it was a compliment.

The Captain tries to be as friendly as he can with the girls, which isn't saying much. "What are your names, children?" He asks, with a small smile. The redhead just glares at him, while the black-haired girl smirks smugly, nodding to her.

"She doesn't talk much, but they call us the Bidness sisters. I'm Nonya." The black-haired girl lies. "Well, Nonya Bidness.." The Captain greets. And just like that, he receives fits of giggles from the girls before realising he just got bamboozled.

"Very funny. No one is laugh-" The Captain snaps, but pauses when he hears Eugene and Lance laughing (and probably the readers too, right?)
"I did." Lance admits, without regret.
"That was funny." Eugene points out.
"That was definitely a little funny." Lance adds.

Frederic hums, unsure of what to do. "We can't send two children to jail." He states, although he'll completely forget that fact in the near future.

"But we can't just let these two criminals go either." Frederic adds. "Yeah, they'll just run off and start stealing again. Speaking from personal experience anyway." Lance chimes in.

"Yes, you and Eugene too have past experience, don't you? Perhaps the two of you could take these two under your wing for a few days. See if you can't help them straighten up." Frederic suggests. "And get them to return what they took." The Captain demands, in his recognisably blunt tone.

"Oh, we're flattered, but see, Lance and I really aren't about kids." Eugene lies. "Or wings. I'm a drumstick man." Lance jokes.

"This might be exactly the thing that could earn my trust." The Captain bribes with a sly smirk, but this is a massive lie. This is just his way of getting the two former thugs to do what he wants.

"But, of course, what kind of guys would turn their backs on children in need?" Eugene asks, immediately changing to mind. "Very good. I will leave them in your hands." Frederic instructs, before he and the Captain leave.

"So, we mentor some cute kids for a day or so. How hard could it be?" Eugene asks Lance, who looks like he agrees with him. However, they immediately regret this as they look down to see that the girls have escaped. This is not going to be easy for them.

[Later, In Cassandra's Bedroom]
"You will be on your feet before you know it, Cass. But until then, nurses Y/n, Bucky, Pascal and Rapunzel are at your service. So, what would you like us to do first?" Rapunzel asks, wheeling Cassandra into her bedroom with a wheelchair.

Pascal gives a small squeak, as he and Bucky salute with their hands, wearing adorable nurse hats that Rapunzel made for them.

"Uh, I really appreciate it, ladies, really. But I don't do the whole getting nurtured thing, so.." Cassandra tells the princesses, gently.

"Oh, okay. I get it. You wanna handle things in the typical Cass fashion, solo. Remember, though, if you need anything.." Rapunzel says. "..I just need some peace and quiet." Cassandra tells them, in bed. "Of course." Y/n answers, with a nod.

"And maybe an extra pillow? Soup? Lullaby? Should I rotate your mattress?" Rapunzel asks. Y/n sighs with an eye roll. "Okay, Rapunzel? Come on." She insists, pulling her sister out the bedroom.

Cassandra sighs, then smiles in satisfaction as she enjoys the peace and quiet. The bedroom door then opens again. "Are you sure you're-" Rapunzel asks. "I'M FINE!" Cassandra snaps. The door immediately closes again.

Y/n sighs, as the sisters stand in the hallway. "I'm going to get a snack. And no bothering Cassie." She tells her older sister. "Of course not, little sis. 'Cause I'm her good friend, and I respect her privacy." Rapunzel replies, with a smile.

The youngest princess raises an eyebrow of disbelief, but sighs again and heads down the hallway. She almost immediately bumps into Eugene and Lance who share frantic expressions.

"What's wrong this time? Did Lance raid the kitchens again?" Y/n asks, teasingly. "No." Eugene answers. Lance smirks. "Although, that does sound like a good-" He suggests. "No!" Eugene tells him firmly, before turning to his sister-figure. "We caught the Silent Strikers, but now they've escaped." He explains.

"'Strikers'? I thought there was only one." Y/n recalls. "Nope. There are two. And they're kids." Lance tells her. An amused smile immediately forms on the fourteen year old's face. "Oh, wow. The Captain must be loving that(!)" She points out.

"Yeah.. not really. And we're in charge of them, so we need to them." Eugene states. "Oh, please let me come. Maybe I can talk to them, besides the only thing to do here is stop Rapunzel from bothering Cassandra and her broken leg. But let's face it, no one can stop Rapunzel from doing anything." Y/n tells them.

"Yeah, that's true." Eugene replies, as Lance smugly smirks at him. "Why not? Maybe you can help us get through to them." Eugene tells Y/n. "Alright, good. So.. where first?" She asks. "The village, they'll be there again." Eugene assumes.

"So.. not kitchen raid?" Lance asks, disappointed. Eugene turns to him, with a glare. "No!" He tells him, firmly. "Later.." Y/n secretly whispers to Lance, with a smile. This makes the former thief grin.

[At The Village]
Two figures are seen running through the village, as they make their getaway. However, Eugene grabs them as they run past an alleyway, then he and Lance chain their hands together.

"Let me go!" The black-haired girl snaps, as she and the redhead try to pull themselves free. "Wow. Younger than I thought." Y/n comments.

"Okay, first rule of not being a thief:  Don't steal. Pretty obvious. Second rule: Making people chase you five miles makes them cranky!" Eugene snaps, making the black-haired girl glare at him.

The red-haired girl looks at Y/n. "Hi. I like the flower in your hair, that's nice." The youngest princess tells her. This makes the redhead almost smile. But it fades when the black-haired girl glares at her.

"Aw! Aren't you a fancy little thief?" Lance teases the redhead, making her turn away from him. "Okay, Lance? They are young, but not that young." Y/n tells him - the girls are actually ten years old.

"I'm calling mine Red, 'cause she's got-" Lance says. "Red hair. Yeah, I get it. You can't just-" Eugene tells Lance, but pauses when the black-haired girl kicks him in the shin. "Ow! Oh! Okay, I'm calling mine Angry." Eugene states, after falling to the ground and glaring at her.

"We don't do nicknames." Angry states. Y/n sighs, then turns to her. "Well these two don't really do babysitting either, so it's kind of a lose-lose. But why don't you two tell us what your real names are, if you don't want nicknames?" She asks. "Not gonna happen, Cloakie. See, I can do nicknames too!" Angry quips, with a smug smirk.

"Listen, Angry." Eugene snaps, pointing at her. "You don't wanna be here, and we don't wanna be here." He states. "So fancy!" Lance exclaims about Red, as she smiles cutely. "Aw.. Lance does, and I do." Y/n says. Eugene groans in frustration.

"So, just return what you stole, and we can all get on with our lives. Besides, you don't wanna be thieves. Trust us. It's not a viable long-term career." Eugene tells Angry, standing up.

Angry looks at Y/n, with a skeptical look - the cloak does kind of make her look like a past-thief. "Not me. I wasn't. But Lance and Eugene were." She clarifies, to the black-haired girl.

"Maybe you two were just bad at it." Angry tells Eugene, turning away from him with an eye roll. "Ohh!" Y/n gasps in amusement, as Eugene gasps in shock. "Bad at it?" He asks, with gritted teeth. "Bad at it?" He asks, walking towards Lance.

"We were the original Strikers, okay?" Eugene tells the girls. "Mm-hmm." Lance agrees. "We invented techniques that are used by criminals all around the world to this day." Eugene tells them.
"All around the world." Lance adds.

"You ever heard of the Drop and Stop?" Eugene asks, with a smirk. Angry shrugs, as Red shakes her head. "Seriously? Never?" Eugene asks. "Kids today.." Lance comments, making Y/n snigger.

"We used to use it all the time to rob caravans back in the day!" Eugene states proudly, recalling back to his glory days of being a thief. "See, one of us would find a way to distract the lead carriage while the other would go around back and steal-" He explains, as the girls look intrigued and excited by the accident advice he's given them.

"Okay, Eugene? You're just giving them advice. But his point is, girls, that the life of a thief/criminal isn't fun." Y/n tells them. "No, it's right. You're always on the run. Not to mention the enemies you make. Whew! We once tried to double-cross this guy called the Baron. He hasn't stopped hunting us since." Eugene states. Y/n then notices the girls' eyes widen at the mention of the Baron.

"Of course, it didn't help matters that Eugene stole his prize Stalyan." Lance adds. "What stallion?" Y/n asks, making Eugene nudge Lance with a glare.

The guys' carry the Strikers out of the alley, but Eugene puts Angry down. "And the worst part is the guilt you have to live with. You see this? First thing I ever stole. It's a shameful reminder of my criminal past." Eugene says, revealing a brown comb that Angry immediately snatches.

"Why'd you steal something so.. worthless?" Angry asks. "What?! You- it's not worthless. It has sentimental-" Eugene says, as Lance snatches the comb. "It's worthless." He states, bluntly. Eugene snatched the comb back.

"Thieving tip number one: Take the most valuable thing in the room." Lance tells the little girls. They both nod, eagerly. "Lance, Lance, we've gotta make them better people, not better thieves." Eugene states. "Thieves are people too." Lance states.

"Guys!" Y/n says, as they hear the chains clinking. The girls have escaped again. "How did they do that?" She asks. "I don't know, but I'm impressed. Annoyed, yes, but I'm impressed." Eugene admits.

[A Few Minutes Later]
"You know, we could scare them straight. Of course, we'd have to take them to some tough looking types. You and I, we're too pretty to be scary." Lance tells Eugene, after catching the girls again. Angry rolls her eyes.

"Well, you're half right, anyway. Who do we know that's both scary and ugly?" Eugene questions. "That's just mean. And I don't think scaring them is a good idea." Y/n says. "Not too badly. Just enough to make them quit crime." Eugene assures her, then he gets an idea. The same place he took Y/n and Rapunzel for a good scaring. It wasn't his best moment, of course, but it could work.

[At The Snuggly Duckling]
"Well, well, well, so you think you can handle a life of crime, huh?" Hook Foot asks the girls, who are tied to a chair as he stomps towards them. Red glares at him, while Angry raises an eyebrow. Then they both look at each other and smirk.

Eugene shuts the door of the Snuggly Duckling, proudly. "See?" He asks. Y/n shrugs. "If you say so, Eugene, but it didn't work for Rapunzel and I, so I don't see why-" She replies, but pauses as they hear Hook Foot crying inside.

Y/n opens the Snuggly Duckling door to see Hook Foot on the floor. The girls are out of the chair, teasing Hook Foot with a game of Piggy in the Middle, by tossing his Hook around. "I need that to walk!" He tells them, in frustration.

"You know, that kind of reminded me of us when we were that age." Lance tells Eugene. This makes him chuckle. "Yeah, me too." He replies.

Y/n smiles. "Sounds like they're growing on you." She points out. Eugene's eyes widen, but he changes the subject as Hook Foot wails. "Man, Hook Foot is really crying, isn't he?" He asks.

[A Few Minutes Later]
Angry, Red, Eugene, Lance and Y/n sit down in the Snuggly Duckling for something to eat. But since Attila was the chef, they're a little stumped.

"Hey! Service!" Lance demands. "Yeah, place has gotten real slow since Attila left to open up shop with Monty." Big Nose tells them with a sigh, carrying a stack of plates.

Shorty then pulls a mouldy cupcake out from his beard, much to the disgust of Lance, Red and Y/n. "That's it! Come on, Red." Lance says, extending his arm out to her. "We're making lunch." He states, as Red sits upon his shoulder with a little smile.

As Y/n stands up, she feels someone hold her hand. She looks up to Red, giving her a little smile. The youngest princess smiles back at her as they climb over the long table to make lunch.

Eugene sighs, with his head on the table. "What's wrong with you?" Angry remarks. "Oh, what's wrong? I don't know(!)" Eugene fires back, sitting up. "I'm trying to prevent two smart, little kids with a world of potential from throwing their lives away, and I can't even figure out how to get them to listen." He states, smacking his head on the table.

"Yeah, got yourself a head-scratcher there. Let me ask you something. When you were our age, would you have listened?" Angry asks.

Eugene hesitates, then sits up. "No. In fact, I'd probably still be out there cheating and stealing if it weren't for-" He says, gesturing to Y/n then he gets an idea. "Wait a minute. That's it!" He states.

Although Y/n manages to bond a little with Red, there is someone else who can help her get both of them to talk nicely - her older sister.

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
"This is my older sister, Rapunzel." Y/n introduces, holding her hand. "You two are the Striker?" Rapunzel asks, with a smile. "Long hair and brains? Good for you." Angry remarks, walking away.

Rapunzel giggles. "Well, being master thieves, I bet you're really good at Hide and Seek." She tells them. Angry scoffs. "That's kid stuff." She states.

"But, you are a kid. And Rapunzel and I like to play like that, sometimes. I was going to suggest that you play with us, but it's probably better if you don't. Pascal is kind of a pro." Y/n states, gesturing to the green chameleon on Rapunzel's shoulder.

Pascal cracks his tiny knuckles, then grins at Red.  He then climbs onto her clothes and disguises himself in various ways. From matching the colours of her clothes, to her hair, and then he makes himself look like a smaller blue flower upon her head. This makes her smile, and she holds him in her hands. "Can he turn into any color?" She asks.

Y/n, Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance stare at Red in shock. "What do you know? Mine does talk." Lance boasts. Red then glances over at Angry, who puts a finger to her lips with a glare.

Rapunzel smiles at Red, kneeling down to her. "Sometimes, it's like he's not even there." She tells her. However, Red holds her hands up and Rapunzel's eyes widen. Pascal isn't there at all.

"Pascal?" Rapunzel calls, looking around.
Angry glares at Red, shutting the book in her hands. Red shrugs, in response.

"Pascal, you can come out now. Pascal? Are you still there?" Rapunzel says, checking around and even opening the Corona Sun Crest box that has her tiara in. Angry notices this.

Pascal then finally reveals himself, on Lance's shoulder. This makes him yell in surprise, then he faints. "Lance?" Y/n asks, kneeling over to him. Red pokes him, to see if he wakes up - he doesn't. Red then giggles at Pascal, followed by Angry.

[At Night, In A Spare Bedroom]
"Nice, cozy bed. Not too shabby, huh? Just think. If you let me help, you can get one of your very own." Eugene tells Angry, tucking her into bed.

"Why are you doing all this? Usually, adults just try to get rid of us. They don't take us to meet princesses." Angry states.

"Well, honestly, at first, I was only trying to get Lance a job." Eugene admits, looking over at Lance who has fallen asleep on another bed, with Red asleep on top of him. "But now, I just really wanna help you start over." Eugene tells Angry.

Angry yawns. "Well, starting over is not that easy. Stealing is." She points out, facing away from Eugene. "Look, I know what it's like to be angry at the world. And you're right. Stealing is easy. But Rapunzel and Y/n showed me that it's when you stop taking things for yourself that you really get the most in return." He tells her.

"It's not like we wanna steal. We just need enough to get away." Angry admits, gaining Eugene's attention. "Get away from who?" He asks, frowning a little. "Angry?" He asks - no answer - she's asleep.

Eugene frowns, then pulls the covers over her and pat's her hair gently. Then he turns to Lance and wakes him up carefully. The two of them quietly leave the bedroom, as the girls sleep peacefully.

[In Cassandra's Bedroom]
The door creaks open and Cassandra sees an ominous shadow. She immediately grabs her sword. "Cass, wait! It's me." Rapunzel says, holding a plate of snacks.

"Ugh. Rapunzel, what are you doing?!" Cassandra asks. "Well, you've been sleeping all day, and I was worried you'd wake up in the middle of the night hungry, and-" Rapunzel replies, as Cassandra steers her towards the door.

"Rapunzel, for the last time, if I need help, I'll ask for it!" Cassandra states, making Rapunzel scoff. "You know, Cass, I don't know why you're making this so hard. I'm just doing what any good friend would do." She tells her.

"Thanks, Rapunzel, but I think I got it." Cassandra states, slamming the door shut. Rapunzel sighs.

[Meanwhile]
Angry wakes up and glances over at Red, peacefully sleeping. She then looks up at the window and gets up. Climbing across, Angry opens the window and looks out across Corona in a similar position Rapunzel looked out of her tower window, when she'd watch the lanterns. However, an ominous shadow catches Angry's attention. Her eyes widen and she hops away from the windowsill.

[The Next Morning, In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
"I woke up, and it was gone." Rapunzel tells Eugene, Lance and Y/n. She holds her Corona Sun Crest box, and her tiara isn't inside.

Eugene and Lance immediately check the bedroom that the girls slept in. They aren't in there. All that remains is Red's blue flower, on her pillow.

[Later, In The Hallway]
"Not only did you lose track of two helpless children, you managed to let them steal Princess Rapunzel's tiara." The Captain snaps.

"Okay, I wouldn't call them helpless." Eugene states. "Enough. Your services are no longer required here. YOU'RE BOTH FIRED!" The Captain tells Eugene and Lance, before he walks away.

Lance lets out a chuckle. "Joke's on that guy. He never hired me." He points out.

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
Eugene sits by the windowsill, twirling the blue flower in his hands with a frown. Rapunzel rests a hand on his shoulder, then sits in front of him.

"I'm so sorry about your tiara, Rapunzel. I thought for sure I could fix those girls. You know, like how you and Y/n fixed me." Eugene tells her.

"Eugene, Y/n and I didn't fix you. You can't make someone better. The best you can do is give them a chance. If they don't want your help, then.." Rapunzel says, then gasps. At the realisation of what she's saying, she looks at the plate of food she tried to offer Cassandra the previous night. She realises she needs to take her own advice. "..all you can do is be there for them until they do." She says.

"The thing is.. I'm sure they did want help, but they're running from something, and I have a feeling it's bad. If I just knew where to look for them.." Eugene says.

"You could start with that flower." Cassandra suggest, hobbling into the bedroom, using her sword as a crutch while holding Y/n's hand. "The.. flower?" Eugene asks, looking at Red's blue flower. "Uh-huh, it only grows by the river cliffs. Cassie told me that a while ago." Y/n chimes in, with a smile.

Eugene grins. "You're right! I'm going to get Lance. Thank you, Y/n and Cassandra." He replies. Y/n nods with a smile, as Eugene turns to Cassandra with a grin. "In fact, to show my appreciation, I'm not ever going to make fun of that." He states, gesturing to Cassandra's leg cast.

Y/n smiles again, before leaving Cassandra to talk with Rapunzel. "Cass, I'm sorry I got so pushy earlier." Rapunzel apologises. "And I'm sorry I yelled." Cassandra replies, hobbling over.

"I just couldn't bear to see you struggle when I could make things so much easier for you, but I shouldn't have assumed. From now on, I will only help if you ask me." Rapunzel states. "I can work with that." Cassandra replies.

[Meanwhile, In The Forest]
Red glances at Angry, as they run. "Don't look at me like that. We had to do it. The Baron's men are here. You heard Eugene. He'll never stop coming after us." Angry states, but then they pause.

"For two thieves who thought they were clever enough to steal from the Baron, you sure made it easy to find you." The same red-haired thief, from Eugene's past as a thief, tells the girls.

Eugene and Lance also search the forest, but stop when they hear the girls screaming. They follow the sound just in time to see Angry and Red in the tight grip of the Baron's men. "Weasel. I'd recognize that smell anywhere. The girls have been running from the Baron." Eugene says, turning to Lance.

"They're in more trouble than I thought." Lance says, in wide eyed worry. "So, what do we do? We're unarmed and out-numbered. We can try the Heave Ho, a Bob and Weave, a Shoehorn Sam, a Lucky 18-" He suggests. "No, no tricks. The girls could get hurt." Eugene replies.

"What? So we just ask Weasel to let the girls go real nicely? Last time I checked, we were on his boss's most wanted list, too." Lance points out. "Well, let's hope that's still the case." Eugene says, then emerges from behind the bushes with his hands in the air. Lance sighs, then follows his buddy.

"Anthony the Weasel!" Eugene calls, gaining Weasel's attention. "Long time, no see. Are people still calling you the Weasel? I mean, I guess if you can't change the face, why change the name, right?" Eugene asks, with his hands on his hips as Lance crosses his arms.

Weasel laughs. "Rider and Strongbow. To what do I owe this most dubious pleasure?" He asks. "I'm here to offer you the deal of a lifetime, my frenemy. The infamous thieves who double-crossed the Baron on numerous occasions in exchange for the kids." Eugene answers.

After glancing over at Angry and Red, Weasel turns to Eugene. "Well, that's an awfully noble and heroic gesture, coming from such a notorious scoundrel as yourself, Flynn Rider." He states.

"Well, what can I say? People change." Eugene says, looking at Angry and noticing her surprised expression. "You've got a deal." Weasel replies.

Weasel smiles wickedly and makes a hand motion to his men. They reluctantly let the little girls go. Lance engulfs Red in a hug, as Eugene does with Angry. "What are you doing?" Angry asks. "Don't worry about us. We've got a plan. I just need you two to run, okay? Hurry." Eugene tells them.

[In A Cave]
"Hurry! We can still make the last boat out of Corona. I know you're not happy about this, but we finally have enough money to get away from here, start fresh." Angry tells Red, hurrying over to their pile of stolen goods.

"Everyone's always turned their backs on us. Everyone. Everyone but them." Red reminds her. Angry turns to her, with a thoughtful expression.

[Meanwhile]
"So, uh, Eugene, you wanna let me in on the actual plan part of this plan?" Lance asks, as they get chained by the wrists and locked in the carriage. "Yeah, uh, I'm still working on that." Eugene replies.

"Let's get back to the Baron." Weasel says, and with a click of the tongue, he and his men set off. Eugene and Lance then hear rustling in the bushes.

Rapunzel's tiara is then tossed in front of the carriage, making it stop. The drivers of the carriage then inspect the tiara, before a large brown sack is tossed and tied over them, by Angry.

"What the-" Weasel asks, before Red jumps down and puts a sack over his head. While she keeps him and the other thief occupied, Angry snatches the carriage keys and frees Eugene and Lance.

"Angry, you came back, and you used the Drop and Stop." Eugene praises, with a grin. "Thought I'd go old school. Don't let it get to your head. Now, come on." Angry says, tossing him the keys.

When Weasel finally gets the sack off of his head, Red disappears. He then turns to see Eugene and Lance with smug smirks. "I think these belong to you." Eugene tells him, tossing the chains at him.

"Wait a minute.." Weasel says, noticing how only Angry is there. "Where's the other one?" He asks. *Clink* Weasel groans and looks at his wrists.
He discovers that his wrists are chained together.
And so are the wrists of the thief behind him.
Red smirks, twirling the keys around her finger.

Soon, Weasel and his gang find themselves locked up in the carriage. Eugene keels down to the girls. "Look, I know I can't force you to accept my help. Heck, I don't even technically work for the guards right now, so I can't even make you return what you took. But I can still give you the chance to change." He tells them.

Angry looks at Red, then turns to Eugene. "What if we don't want it?" She asks. "Then all I can do is be here for you until you do." Eugene replies.

"Here, I want you to have this." Eugene says, handing Angry his brown comb. She giggles. "As a shameful reminder of my life of crime?" She asks. "As a reminder of the first day you didn't have to steal something, because someone was happy to give it to you." Eugene answers.

Angry smiles and tucks the comb away in her pocket. She turns away, then turns to Eugene and hugs him. Eugene's eyes widen at first, but then he hugs the black-haired girl back with a smile. After they separate, Angry and Red then run off with Eugene and Lance smiling after them.

"Well, so much for getting you the job." Eugene tells Lance. "Eh, I didn't really wanna work for the Captain anyway. Too much yelling." Lance answers with a shrug.

[Later, In The Throne Room]
"YOU LET THEM WHAT?!" The Captain demands. The Captain and the king stare at Eugene and Lance in shock, as the two told them what happened with the girls.

"I take full responsibility for everything they stole, and I really want to-" Eugene says. "Sir, you should come and see this!" Stan says, outside.

They hurry outside and sitting on the steps of the castle are large sacks of all the stolen goods, with a note on one sack that is labelled 'Sorry.'

Eugene shifts the labelled sack out of the way and sees Rapunzel's tiara, with Red's blue flower in the center of it. "Well, Captain, if everything has been returned, there's nothing Eugene needs to take responsibility for." Frederic points out, as Eugene picks up the blue flower and stares at it.

"And seems to me the guards still need the help of a former thief." Frederic says, approaching Eugene. Lance nudges his buddy with a chuckle. "Or two." Frederic adds, before heading back inside.

The Captain sighs. "I suppose this means you've been reinstated, Fitzherbert. As for Strongbow, I'm willing to try having a second consultant.. if he's amenable." He states.

"Lance.. up to you, buddy." Eugene tells him. "I appreciate the offer, but no thanks, Captain. I actually found a job on my own. You are looking at the new chef of the Snuggly Duckling. Today's my first day." Lance states.

Eugene raises an eyebrow. "Then why aren't you there?" He asks. "I'm taking a personal day." Lance answers. The Captain sighs, then walks away.

Eugene glances over and quickly sees Angry and Red disappear amongst the crowd. "You sure you're okay letting them go?" Lance asks. "They'll be back. When they're ready." Eugene answers, making Lance chuckle.

Question Of The Chapter!
Who do you prefer? Angry, or Red?
My Answer: Red. I love her!
Yours?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 151 16
(aka "Alone?") I adopted this fanfic from @CartoonsAreAmazing. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Varian has been groomed and abused by...
Strangled By PamelaRoseGirl

Mystery / Thriller

129 3 15
It's the tale of Rapunzel and Flynn- but not how you've been told... Years locked away does strange things to the mind, and this young princess is no...
2.6K 49 18
A long-lost princess and a long-lost Alchemy with the longest hair imaginable named Rapunzel and The science Alchemist named Varian, has spent their...
45.3K 962 58
Evil follows the group and will do anything to stop you from getting your destiny. Can you rise above everything and face what lies ahead? Will Varia...