Unwanted (Chicago PD)

By KNeill006

Cassandra Mills hates her family. She's only ever wanted to love them and be close to them but that doesn't r... More

51
Late again
Detention
Near Death
Walls
Glowing
Broken on the floor
Scratches
Tears
Party
The Phone Call
Break in
Stay With Me
Betrayal
Talk To Me
Break Down
Concrete
Celebrations
New Years
Karaoke
Letters
New Family
Panic
Teachers
Trouble
Given up
She's a runner
Its been dropped
Anger
Memories
Crash
Clearing things up
Hey, I Guess
Party Time!
One Game
To Family

Court

1.9K 32 3
By KNeill006

As soon as my alarm went off, I got out of bed and got ready for school but when I came down, Helen seemed strange.

"Cassie?"

"What's up?" I asked as I poured Dylan some coffee and grabbed a glass of orange juice for myself.

"Cassie?" Asked Dylan as he walked into the kitchen.

I thought he had already walked in and that I had just spoken to him. I looked towards Helen before turning to face Dylan.

"Antonio?" I asked as he stood there smiling.

I ran towards him and gave him a hug. He caught me in his arms and hugged me back before kissing my head.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Cassie, you are welcome in court. The Judge has allowed you to be there as long as you don't talk to Jay or Steve or Wendy." Explained Helen.

"Wait, seriously. I can go?" I asked towards Dylan.

"Of course. You'll go with Antonio and he will drop you into school when today's court has finished."

"Today's? There will be more than one?"

"Cassie, it's a long process." Said Antonio.

"If it's okay with you guys, I would like to go."

"Of course." They both said.

*No One's Pov*

Cassie had been to the first three court days last week but didn't go to any others because she had school and had some tests.

When she got home, Dylan was waiting for her and didn't look happy.

"Cassie, how's it going?" He asked.

"Yeah it's good. I forgot how much I loved school. Court is extremely boring at the moment. Nothing is happening and the whole thing is just annoying me."

"What's up with it?"

"This decides who I live with. It basically decides my future. I always thought that when I turned 18, Wendy and Steve would throw me out and I would have to try my best to get a good job and have a good life. But the thought of actually being able to feel loved, is amazing but it's stressing me out. What if the case goes sideways and the answer is no? I can't deal with three more years of their shit."

"I'm sure it'll work out okay."

"Yeah. What's up with you? You don't look happy."

"You're late."

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise. Millie and I must have lost track of time."

"It's fine. Do you want dinner?"

"No thanks. I'm just gonna head to bed."

"Okay. School isn't open tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Some teacher training thing."

"Okay."

Everyday this week, Cassie was late back to the house. Mainly because she didn't want to go home and sit in her room, thinking about her future. She loved staying at Helen's and Dylan's home but it's not the home she wants to be in. She wants to be with Jay.

"You're late again." Said Helen as Cassie walked in and dumped her bag on the floor.

"Sorry." Said Cassie as she started to head upstairs.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Helen, making Cassie stop.

"Not really."

"Okay. How about you go have a shower and I'll make you a hot drink and bring up some cookies for you?"

"Sure."

"Okay. Will do. How was it being out?" Asked Helen.

"Good."

"Yeah? What did you do?"

"If you want to know something, why don't you just ask me instead of beating around the bush."

"I'm sorry?"

"Oh come on, Helen. I've been late every day this week and you've kept calm every single time. Why don't you just tell me off!? Shout at me, scream at me, hit me or push me into a fucking wall! I don't care what you do, just stop being so calm and happy!" Shouted Cassie as Helen just stood there.

"You look like a psycho! Why are you always smiling!?" Shouted Cassie before she picked up her bag and skateboard.

Cassie slammed the door shut and skated off with tears running down her face.

Her plan wasn't to be mean but it was annoying her that they hadn't done anything. Normally, she would be grounded or would have to clean the whole house but they're treating her like a little fragile child.

Cassie was engulfed in her own little world that she didn't realise she had came to a road. She realised a bit too late and jumped off her skateboard, watching it go under the wheels.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Shouted Cassie as she rested her hands on the back of her head.

"What the hell is your problem!?" Shouted someone as they got out their car.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I wasn't looking."

"Clearly. I could've killed you!"

"But you didn't." Shrugged Cassie.

"No. Instead I broke your board and you could've damaged my car."

"Oh, I'm ever so sorry about nearly breaking your fucking mustang. You've got the money, clearly you can fix it!" Shouted Cassie as she pulled her hood up because it had slipped down.

"Who raised you because that is one dirty mouth?"

"I don't need a lecture from you, okay? I have been through enough shit today. I'm sorry."

"All I wanted was an apology."

"I apologised to you first. It's literally the first thing I did. Get you ears tested, old man!" Shouted Cassie as she grabbed the broken board and walked off.

"Hey!" Shouted the man as he grabbed a hold of Cassie.

Cassie swung and hit the man round the face before she took of running, nearly getting hit by a few other cars.

"Wait." Said the man as he got back in his car and sped off towards Navy Pier, where Cassie was heading to.

"Stop. I want to talk. I'm a CFD officer."

"So? You have no hold over me."

"I'm Kelly Severide. I just want to talk. I didn't mean to be rude towards you."

"What do you want?"

"Just to talk and check if you are okay."

"I'll pass, thanks." Said Cassie as she tried to walk off.

"I know it's you, Cassie. The way you run and when I saw the back of your board."

"What did you want?"

"Just to talk. Are you okay?"

"No. No, I'm not."

"Talk to me."

"What do you want me to say!?"

"How you are? What's your new family like?"

"I dont want to talk about that. New family? New fucking family? I want Jay to be my new family! Is that so hard to ask for? Do I not get a say of who I go with and who I don't want to go with!?"

"I get it, Cass."

"No, you don't!'

"I do."

"No. No you do not!"

"I do."

"You don't get it, Kelly. You don't. You haven't been passed around people like a new born baby."

"That not what is happening."

"But it is though!"

"What happened? Why are you crying?"

"I shouted at Helen. She's been so nice to me and I shouted at her. They are pissing me off."

"What did she do?"

"I wanted her to shout at me or do something. I've been late every time this week because I'm waiting for her to actually do something. It would make me so happy for her to shout at me but she won't."

"C'mon, Cassie. We should get you home so you can talk to them."

"How's the case going?" Asked Cassie as she took a seat in his car.

"Not sure. I've been on shift and have only heard small bits. I thought you were watching."

"No. I've had school and a few tests." Said Cassie as she looked down and started to play with her hands.

"What's bothering you? Is it Helen and Dylan? I'm sure you'll be fine. Just talk to them and explain."

"It's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"It's Steve."

"What about him?"

"I don't know. Part of me feels bad. I always thought he hated me but maybe he didn't. He said he's going to fight to keep me but...I don't know. It's probably nothing."

"Are you regretting your decision?"

"No, no, not all but I want to talk to Steve and apologise but I can't. I want to talk to him alone with out the evil witch there."

"You can't."

"I know."

Kelly got out of the car and knocked on the door, waiting for someone to open it.

"Sorry, she's not here, Kelly."

"I know. She's in my car."

"Is she okay?"

"She will be. I think you guys should talk."

"Thank you."

Cassie got out of the car and kept her head down. She walked past Kelly, sending him a quick smile before she walked inside.

As soon as the door was shut, Helen came over to Cassie and pulled her into a hug. Dylan stood there, swaying back and forth as he waited for them to stop.

"What is going on with you?" Asked Dylan towards Cassie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 719 9
Cassandra Mason never had an easy life but she never liked to admit it, between her parents and her fiancé day to day life was rough. Cassandra had b...
106K 1.5K 32
Madeline Sanchez is a 25 year old Doctor working at Chicago Med, one of the best hospitals in the midwest. Madeline grew up in a high class household...
11.9K 336 21
***PLEASE NOTE: I have 8 One Chicago books! Please check them all out!*** [Kevin Atwater X OC] [OC X Kelly Severide] "It's dangerous how much those t...
7.9K 106 15
Kayla Cole works alone and wants nothing to do with a team. But when Hank Voight gets his way, she's stuck working under his name as much as she want...