cod x reader oneshots

By kovieky

collection of one-shots mainly of taskforce 141, but maybe other call of duty characters? depends on how i fe... More

before you begin
you make me nervous - ghost
a promise - soap
sketches - soap
christmas surprise - gaz
bah humbug - price
bad gut feeling - soap
hummingbird - ghost
mohawk - soap
spider - ghost
don't tell them anything - gaz
surprise - price
mi amor - alejandro
a machine - ghost
kiss me better - price
eyes up here soldier - soap
stars in her eyes - rudy
below the surface - soap
bad hair day - ghost
not lost - ghost
fate - price
just breathe - soap
i can't do this alone - soap
what the fuck? - ghost
your obedient servant - ghost
not dead - ghost

happy new year - price

5.2K 141 27
By kovieky

Glitter sparkled on my skin as the bathroom light illuminated the room. I examined my makeup trying to figure out if I looked stupid or if it was just me not being used to seeing myself like this. The 141 didn't get many options to dress in clothes that weren't military-regulated. CIV clothes felt unnatural like they fit my body incorrectly, but the occasion called for non-camo material.

My eyes flickered down to the watch on my wrist. "Shit," I muttered as I turned off the light and rushed out of the room. I quickly threw on my shoes and made my way to where the party was held.

I could hear loud music and lots of chatter from everyone who had been on Los Vaqueros' base. The corners of my mouth itched and turned up slightly into a smile.

I thought back to when I had been told about the party. Soap had rushed up to me like an eager dog, bouncing around me as he excitedly told me about the New Year's Eve get-together that Los Vaqueros held every year.

"And we are invited!" His smile was wide and his eyes were bright.

I chuckled. "Are you sure we are invited? You aren't just inviting yourself?" I shot him a look.

His face hardened and he grabbed my hand and dragged me all the way to Alejandro whose eyes widened and smile fell in confusion.

"Tell her." Soap demanded. Alejandro laughed before telling me about the party and how the 141, in fact, were invited. I thanked him for the invite before going back to what I was doing. Soap made me promise I would go before he rushed off saying he had to tell Price.

I smiled. It would be good for us, especially Soap and Gaz to have some time off. We needed a break from the work we were doing.

I took a deep breath before walking into the party. I felt a bit nervous trying to find people I was close to. I could see a few familiar faces, but no one I had really interacted with regularly. I pushed through the crowd before finding myself engulfed in someone's arms.

"Alejandro!" A slightly worried voice called out.

"¡lo hiciste!" The person hugging me yelled over the loud music. I recognized him to be Alejandro as he pulled back. Rodolfo finally caught up and held his arm, steadying the both of them. I could tell Alejandro was already very drunk and Rudy wasn't too far off. The pair were happy and giggly as they interacted with anyone and everyone.

Alejandro handed me a shot and we took one together before he handed me another drink. I chatted with them before Rudy pointed to the general area where Soap and Gaz were.

I moved on as they saw someone else that had arrived. I walked over to Soap and Gaz, chatting with them a bit before realizing they each had an arm around a girl's waist. It suddenly dawned on me that everyone seemed to have someone they were coupled up with. I shot a quick glance around the room to confirm this suspicion.

I suddenly felt out of place. I seemed to be the only person without a partner. Without a new years kiss. How the hell did everyone get someone so fast? How does one even get a new years kiss?

My stomach felt like it was doing flips. Even if I could find a new years kiss, it wouldn't be who I wanted it to be.

I had developed a crush on the leader of the 141. Captain John Price was just perfect in my eyes. His beard and gruff voice would send my heart pounding. He was protective, commanding, and smart. The way he looked at me made me feel like nothing would ever go wrong. I knew I wasn't allowed to harbor these feelings, so I did my best to ignore them.

I yelled to Soap and Gaz that I was probably going to head out. They gave their protests, but I still turned to leave, waving them off. I wasn't able to take one step though as I collided with the devil himself. I looked up to see Captain Price looking down at me.

"Sorry," I said, cheeks heating up.

"See Captain? I told you she would be here!" Soap yelled to Price. Had Price asked about me? Did he only show up because I was going to be here? My thoughts ran through my head. The mixture of the amazing smell of the cologne Price was wearing and the alcohol made me feel slightly dizzy.

I tried not to get my hopes up, Soap was drunk after all, but when Price's hand rested on my hip it felt like my body was on fire.

"You're drunk MacTavish. I don't want you late because of a hangover tomorrow." Price shouted over the music. Gaz burst out laughing, he was also drunk.

Price led me away from them and to a little outdoor area away from the loud scene.

"Were you leaving?" He asked.

I hummed. "I mean, kinda."

He chuckled. "How do you 'kinda' leave?"

"I was just trying to find an area away from the others for the countdown. I'd rather not be standing in a big crowd where everyone is making out." He shot me a confused look. "Everyone was coupled up. I was alone. It would be pretty pathetic to not have someone to kiss when the clock hits zero."

He nodded his head. "Well, we can be alone together."

I smirked, the alcohol giving me a sense of confidence to say things I wouldn't normally say to my superior. "Captain, are you saying you want me to be your new years kiss?"

Despite the low light, I could see a blush on his cheeks. He ignored my question though. "We are off duty. No need to call me Captain. You can call me John."

"John." I let the name roll off my tongue. It was a little weird to say his name, but at the same time, it felt like I was meant to say it. Like no other name would feel as comfortable and sweet in my mouth.

"Why are you late to the party, John?" I asked. My body shivered in the cold night air, but my stomach felt warm from the drink I had almost finished.

Price took the drink from my hand, placing it on a little ledge that we were next to. He shrugged off his jacket and helped me put it on. "How drunk are you?"

"I asked you a question first." I pointed out.

"I was deciding if I wanted to actually come. Not really my scene." He admitted. He took a drink from the cup I had been downing. "Bloody hell, this is strong. Who made this for you?"

"Alejandro gave it to me."

"Fucking muppet. Stay here. I'll be right back." He grumbled before walking back into the party. He quickly made his way back with a cup of water. He made me drink it to help me sober up. Water dribbled down my chin as he tipped the cup so I'd drink more. I gently shoved his hand away, not able to drink any more water.

"Trying to drown me?" I chuckled. He didn't answer, instead moving his hand and carefully wiping away the water from my chin.

"You look nice in your CIV clothes," I mumbled. I was nervous. I didn't know what to say, plus honesty is the best policy and he looked damn good in this outfit. He was wearing nice dress pants and a white button-up shirt. The top few buttons were undone and the sleeves were rolled up in a way that just made him look that much better. I could tell he had groomed and trimmed his beard and he even put in the effort to style his hair. "Very handsome." I smiled.

"Is that so?" He smiled at me.

"Yeah." I hummed. "Not that you aren't handsome when you aren't wearing CIV clothes. I don't think I've ever seen you out of on-duty clothes so it's just a different handsome and it's not a bad handsome but your on-duty clothes are good too. I just- what I'm trying to say is you are. Very handsome, I mean. Uh, I need to stop talking."

He chuckled, stepping forward slightly, and once again the scent of his cologne made my head fuzzy. "Well, you look very beautiful. In and out of your CIV clothes."

My eyes widened and while I was pretty much completely sober now, the last little bit of confidence from the alcohol prevented me from thinking before speaking.

"Are you saying you want to get me out of my clothes, Cap- John?"

"No! I mean- I-" He stuttered. His face was red and he was avoiding eye contact.

I laughed and placed a hand on his chest. "I'm teasing you. You're very easy to fluster."

He was finally able to look at me again and I started to realize he was shamelessly staring. It wasn't creepy, just seemed like he was trying to commit the image to memory. Like he wanted to remember every little detail.

"How did you get into all this?" He asked. His voice was low like he was hesitant to ask the question.

"What do you mean?"

"How did you get into this line of work? Why did you join the 141?" He clarified.

I giggled. "Didn't you request me to be on the team? Laswell said you picked each of us out specifically."

"I mean before that. Was this what you wanted to do?"

I smiled, my eyes finally breaking from his. "I wanted to be a teacher. Contribute to the education of all the little kiddies that run round rampant." I told him.

"Why didn't you?"

"Couldn't afford the schooling. Plus, family members had been in the military, figured I'd join, and see if they could give me money for the education. Ended up climbing the ranks. It got to a point that I was scared that my chance to go back to school had passed so I just stayed." I explained.

He nodded.

"Actually, before the 141 I had built up the confidence to look into going back to school. Figured it couldn't hurt. I wasn't insecure about it anymore. I sat at my kitchen table for a long time trying to figure out if I should do it. I had gotten into a university but I didn't know if I should commit." I told him. "I was getting frustrated with it, not able to decide, and ended up yelling to the universe asking for a sign on what to do. Not ten minutes later I got a call from Laswell about the 141."

"You mean-"

"I took it as the sign I was looking for and told the university that I wouldn't be enrolling." I gave him a small smile.

"I prevented you from doing what you wanted to do." He mumbled, guiltily.

"What?" I said in shock.

Price looked away from me. "You could have done something good with your life and I called you back into this."

I turned his head to look back at me. "John, you requesting me for the 141 wasn't a bad thing. I'm glad I joined the force. I'm still doing something good with my life and I love it with you guys. Plus, I wouldn't have met my best friends, and I wouldn't have met you. This was fate and I wouldn't have it any other way." I told him confidently.

"Selfishly, I'm glad you joined." He whispered.

"I'm glad I did too."

The little voice in the back of his head was screaming at him to stop. To turn around and leave. He couldn't be thinking this way, he was her superior, but his heart was winning in the struggle. He had fallen in love with her, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

He wanted to hold her, hear her say his name, kiss her. He wanted her to be his. She never left his mind, and every mission that the 141 would go on would practically give him a heart attack at the thought of her getting hurt or worse.

He was pretty sure that the others had caught on. It seemed like everyone knew how he felt for her, except for the girl herself. How cliche.

When Soap approached him about the new years eve party, he immediately declined the invitation. It wasn't his scene. Under no circumstances would he be caught at a big, loud, hectic party. But when the Scottsman mentioned that she would be attending, his whole view on the get-together had changed. He found himself agreeing to attend.

He had debated actually going. Would it be weird? What if she didn't actually go? What if she had a date? Doubts raced through his mind as he paced his room, already dressed and ready to go.

"Fuckin' hell." He grumbled. The small wave of confidence was all he needed and he walked out the door before he could convince himself otherwise.

When he arrived and she bumped into him, he couldn't help but stare. She was beautiful. Perfect in every way. When he got the chance to drag her away from the crowd he had never been more simultaneously nervous and happy.

He wondered if this was weird. If she was uncomfortable, but she seemed a bit buzzed and more confident than usual. He didn't want to interact with her while she was drunk. He didn't want to flirt, it being probably the only time he'd be able to do so, while her judgment was impaired. He got her water and had her drink it to sober up. He was a gentleman after all.

He wondered about her life. How had she gotten here? Why was she here? He thought she was too good for this dangerous life.

He wanted to know everything about her. He wanted to share everything about himself with her.

When the loud yelling and cheers from inside caught their attention, he realized that it was now or never. This might be the only chance he'd get.

10

Everyone was paired up and it was just them outside. They were each other's pair.

9

He looks down at her. His heart was pounding and he was pushing every doubt to the back of his mind. His selfishness was louder anyway.

8

His hand rests on the small of her back and he pulls her closer. She looks up at him with wide eyes and he swears he sees the stars in them. In fact, he thinks a whole universe could fit in them.

7

"Everyone is paired up." She mumbled.

6

He nods. "They are."

5

His heart is pounding and he wonders if she can feel it with how close she is. His head is spinning with excitement and nerves.

4

Even in the low light he can see a blush on her cheeks.

3

"Captain?" She asks. "John." Hearing his name fall from her lips stirs something deep inside him, something he's tried so hard to keep locked up. It's unprofessional, it's probably not allowed, how could he be so selfish?

2

His hand moves to hold her cheek. He swears time is moving slower and he's never been more thankful.

1

Price leans in and captures her lips in his own. Fireworks sound in the background, but it feels like they are in his gut. He wants to stay in this moment forever. He wants to get drunk on her. He's been teased about being addicted to his cigars but he swore if he was addicted to anything it would be her.

Eventually, his lungs begin to scream for air so he pulls back. He can't help but smile as she leans in, following him, trying to not let the moment slip away. He watches as her eyes flutter open. Her lips are red and slightly swollen and all he wants to do is kiss her again.

They are both breathing heavier than usual, staring into each other's eyes. His senses are starting to come back to him. The realization of the line he's severely crossed was coming to light and he swallows hard when his head clears.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-" He starts. He's very aware there is no going back from what he has done. There is no way he'd be able to look her in the eye after tonight. He wouldn't be able to go to sleep without dreaming about her.

She grabs his shirt in her hands and pulls him close. Her lips ghost over his. "John." She whispers. That's all he needs. He just knows. He closes the small gap and kisses her again.

This time when they pull apart he can't stop the words that spill from his mouth. "I think I'm in love with you."

She smiles and it fills him with warmth. "I think I'm in love with you too." She admits.

He can't stop himself as his hands hold her head and he places a quick kiss on her lips before his arms wrap around her waist and he hugs her, lifting her up and spinning her around. This night was perfect and he prayed that he wasn't dreaming.

She giggles before her hands rest on his cheeks.

"Happy new year, John."

"Happy new year, darling." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 257 12
!!STRONG LANGUAGE!! !!DEATH MENTIONS AND BLOOD!! Suitable for the age of 13+ Hello! This is my first story, so i deeply apologise if there is many g...
22.2K 300 21
Story status: Working on it everyday for at least 10 mins, probs 1 chapter a week // Just a little fanfic im writing in my freetime lol // basicall...
261K 8.3K 79
The mission was to extract information from an agent in jungle. Drop in grab the info from the location and quickly and quietly move through the jung...
3.9K 68 14
L.t Tristan "Hacker" Parker, gets the call from her old Captain, John Price to get her to come back to work for him. After some time she settles in w...